It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Video Must See, For All Christians

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by freetree64

So what you're saying is that this video is made solely for people who already believe in its message? Boy, that's a powerful built-in audience.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I would be quite interested in a thread that was directed at Satanists ... but I can only speak for myself.

If a little girl puts a sign on her door that says "Girls Only!" ... how many little boys do you think would be interested exactly?

[edit on 23-2-2010 by Nurv47]

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

You can't post something on ATS an expect only Christians to come in and see it. This is nothing more than bait set out to attract people and scare them into belief, that's what the entire video was a scare tactic.

It is offensive to other religions. If you were a Hindu who believed you were on the right path and were righteous in your faith and saw a Christian video claiming your religion is nothing but a deception of some dark invisible boogeyman I think you'd be offended or at least you'd want to comment on the video to explain that its not true.

Christians tend to be absolutists, in other words everyone but people in their religion will burn. Some other religions are like that but some are not, some Buddhists, for example, believe there are many paths to enlightenment.

As I said this video is nothing more than a scare tactic and I'm guessing even most Christians would agree.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

No, not saying that... simply stating that a lot of Christians would find this interesting, all are welcome to debate, and discuss.... Was merely wondering why so many people with different beliefs, would be offended, by this post, as the poster I was referring to in my comment had stated. In other word's, if you will be offended by a post about "bologna" why would look at the post, simply to be offended.... Sounds a little odd to me...

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Thanks for posting that.

I've always been on the fence with the whole Satan thing, but after watching that....It's all clear to me now.

Thank you and god bless!!

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by freetree64

This is powerful, and If you think satan isn't real think again.....

I watched the video. Although it is a catchy tune I fail to understand why we need to "think again" just because someone put a rooty-tooty religious jazz video on youtube.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Not a scare tactic, just a posting of an interesting video, and the subsequent discussion that it provides. I could care less, who is interested in it, merely inviting other's to peruse, and talk about, whatever their religion. Like yourself, for instance. If they are offended, it is of their own choosing, nothing offensive intended here.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

reply to post by Solasis

No, not saying that... simply stating that a lot of Christians would find this interesting, all are welcome to debate, and discuss.... Was merely wondering why so many people with different beliefs, would be offended, by this post, as the poster I was referring to in my comment had stated. In other word's, if you will be offended by a post about "bologna" why would look at the post, simply to be offended.... Sounds a little odd to me...

People would not be offended by the fact that this is about Christianity. People would be offended by the fact that this version of Christianity outright states that their beliefs are LIES OF THE DEVIL RAAAAAR. To translate to your topic, this would be if a vegetarian went into the Bologna thread to express "I don't think this means we should all eat Bologna" only to find that he was being called utterly evil for not eating Bologna.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

reply to post by Nurv47

Some of Humanity commits evil, because of Satan's influence in their hearts, that is why. Also, you will not see evidence, as that is the idea, if there's no evidence, how can it be.... A disciple of Jesus once had the same problem....They called him "Thomas"

There was another one called Paul. He had to be blinded by the light and knocked on his duff.

Even Peter.."Lord if that s you let me come out and walk on water as well".

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

Ok, i get your point, and well said... I realize what you are referring to, that the video, is offensive, not the thread, which makes sense. I was speaking of the thread itself, so I misunderstood you. I apologize for that, however, I will not apologize for the video, as i feel that is one of the greatest problems facing our nation, right now, the old political correctness, If the video is offensive, then it will offend, and whomever it offends will get over it, and go on with their lives, I stand by it, and thats the end of the matter, as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Musically, that is really a very cool song. I don't agree with the lyrics at all, but the song is really interesting and pretty. Compelling.

One thing about the lyrics, at about 4:18, it says:

I'll make you think you've got spirituality
But it's really just emotional alchemy.

All the while showing images of other religions, acupuncture and "new age" practices of astrology, chakras and meditation.

My question is, if it's Satan making us think that we have spirituality, when it's really just emotional alchemy, how can you be sure that the swell of religious feelings you have - a love of God or love FROM God - aren't just more emotional alchemy?

Because that's what I think it is...

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by FortAnthem

and you dont think that the leaders of countrys and communitys havent been using religion as a tool... to wind up their robots and make them go?

Yes of course they do. See Satan is so clever he even uses religion as a tool by perverting the truth. He is so deceiving that many do not even believe he exists and that sin is nothing more than a fairy tail. He has convinced people to live like they want to because it does not matter. He has convinced some people to believe in Darwin, Buddha or Aliens. He is good at what he does and should not be underestimated.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nurv47

I am sick of Christians who like to blame everything on Satan ...

IT IS HUMANITY that is the greatest evil for we make the choice to do evil ... regardless if Satan is real or not ... WE ARE TO BLAME.

I see no evidence for "Satan" and I never have.

You have your eyes wide shut my dear freetree; he is all around you and he is everywhere you look.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Well, if we're talking about silly Satan songs, then this one is a MUST!!!

The falsetto part is fantastic!

But seriously folks, do you all really still believe in the Big, Bad Boogeyman???

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join