It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hugo Chavez demands Queen returns Falkland Islands to Argentina

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

Why would the UK need any S. American countries help? We have bases in Ascension which can refuel RAF planes and a Navy that is capable of sailing non-stop to the islands.

Did you pay attention in `82 or are you just blowing hot air?

The UK wouldn't be the one needing help, trust me.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Please, explain to me in detail how that could possibly happen. This should make interesting reading...

You might think it is chest thumping, but we have a track record of fighting wars and winning them.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki

Originally posted by mr-lizard
reply to post by Yissachar1

A race of warriors.

So true. One of our hobbies is fighting... But we're not daft either, we are tactical, improvisational and resourceful.

Don't forget bigotted, racist, thieving, and inbred

I wish for the removal of the Union Jack from my country's flag. It will happen. You bustards took what you could from us - including our youth - and then turned your back on us; so yes, I will step on an Englishman's toes three times.

Thinking(please dont be american) Sry brit friends if he is. Im american but uk is buddies. Ur slightly racist.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by muse7

Please, explain to me in detail how that could possibly happen. This should make interesting reading...

You might think it is chest thumping, but we have a track record of fighting wars and winning them.

So you're 100% confident that Britain alone would defeat an army of all South America's countries combined?

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Yes.

Seeing as the scenario is defending the Falklands, no-one in S.A has the capability to overcome the RN and RAF and land any troops on the islands. It would be a massacre.

But that isn't what you said in your post, is it? You said "it would be funny if the Brits lost against Argentina". I would like you to show me how that is even remotely possible.

EDIT: I've lokmed up the Naval forces for South America, just to be certain, and even if Argentina and Brazil tag-teamed the UK, we still have a much larger Navy. Even if other coutries got involved, we still have more ships.

Thats not even taking into account that 90% of the ships operated by S. American navies are second hand ships, some over 60 year's old! You'd have to be pissed to think they would overcome the RN.

[edit on 23/2/10 by stumason]

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
don't forget argentina is the only Spanish speaking nation to ever have a nuke weapons program and we developed 2 types of missles that were later scrapped because of pressure from the us. and brazil possibly buit nuclear weapons during the 1970s and wants to build (or has) a nuclear submarine

[edit on 23-2-2010 by NightFlyer96]

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by NightFlyer96

Wanting to build or thought about building is a bloody long way from being able to build.

Neither could build nukes as they are NPT signatories and yes, the Brazilians are currently developing their first Nuclear sub.

The UK has had nuclear subs for 60 years. Bring it.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   

So, are you saying, right there, that you want a nuclear conflagration?

It seems you represent the dark side of Nationalism.

Haven't we had enough of war and bloodshed?

We're not very evolved at all, are we, if this attitude still prevails into the 21st Century.

What an Arse.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
let them threaten whoever they wish

simple fact is they wouldn't stand a chance in a war

England/America and all their allies would bury all of south america in a week.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightFlyer96
don't forget argentina is the only Spanish speaking nation to ever have a nuke weapons program and we developed 2 types of missles that were later scrapped because of pressure from the us. and brazil possibly buit nuclear weapons during the 1970s and wants to build (or has) a nuclear submarine

[edit on 23-2-2010 by NightFlyer96]

The plan was scrapped after the Argentine government could´nt find a crossbow big enough to launch a missile more than 20 yards.

However the Argentine army has come on in leaps and bounds with the discovery of a new type of cow hide that makes their shields nearly impenetrable by arrow heads.

That and a new type of elastic that has increased the range of their slingshot to 90 yards.

[edit on 22/02/2010 by andy1972]

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki

So, are you saying, right there, that you want a nuclear conflagration?

It seems you represent the dark side of Nationalism.

Haven't we had enough of war and bloodshed?

We're not very evolved at all, are we, if this attitude still prevails into the 21st Century.

What an Arse.

But Stumason isn't the one threatening peace is he?

That'll be Chavez.

All Stu is saying is that we are MORE than equipped for this...

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
This may not be current but my last research shows that Argentina has the following in fleet:

Frigates/corvettes
2 active although one is a training vessal and the other is a museum ship
2 others that were built in 1946
3 drumand class built in the late 70's early 80's
6 Espora class that appear to be fairly modern and fit for war

Destroyers
6 all late 70's to mid 80's build-though outdated still fit for war.

Submarines
1 active Salta class build in 1974

Gunboats
1 The Uraguay built in 1875!

In addition they have 20 or so support auxillary ships from research, transport, tankers etc some appear modern and others are quite old.

They have no aircraft carriers.

The airforce is in better shape with 75-80 attack/fighter aircraft and 167-200 suport, transport or helicopters.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
the countries signed it after democracy kicked in and the us pressured us to stop reaserching them

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by amazing

my god. I hate to say it but our navy is terrible. we gotta get more ships

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by NightFlyer96

at least a couple of newer ones!

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightFlyer96
reply to post by amazing

my god. I hate to say it but our navy is terrible. we gotta get more ships

I believe the Royal Navy would make quick work of it. We Americans would call that a Target Rich Environment.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by amazing

the one aircraft carrier we had was sent to the scrapper, and another one of our ships, ( which my grandfather once served in, I think) was sunk while heading back to port in neutral waters

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
You wanna blow yerselves up because of an insland? Go ahead , just leave my Brazil out of it

By support I believe the previous poster meant access to Argentina's borders through Brazil. Either way Lula is not Chavez, and I believe neither would receive brazilian support.

Pretty stupid conflict anyways, just let the islanders do whatever the hell they want

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
No wonder this world looks like it does.
All of you proud nationalists imperialists ARE the problem, the British Empire is based on the ignorans of their population.it is not your army or your corporations it is YOU! YOU are the fuel, you are the most important ingredience to all wars, and you must be kept in ignorance for them to exist.
Do you really think this is something to be proud of? That this is about YOUR wellbeing or your familly? Who is goint to man the ships, carry the guns and kill or die for this? The British Petroleum CEO?? The queens staff? You act and speak like inmature children discussing who has the strongest father...you will kill and die for this peoples cause. Like it had anything to do with you at all...

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
All Chavez and Argentina have to do (at this point) is keep the British concerned down there. By doing this the naval/air/land resources that will be required to protect that oil rig and the ones to follow will become economically unfeasible.

Chavez is not as stupid as a lot of these posters seem to believe. As to the members who are posting pictures of protests I ask you all to not be fooled by this. Chavez has had to contend with a disgruntled middle class every since he was elected. They protest regularly. Don't let that smoke and mirrors fool you.

From what I hear from my sources in Argentina, is that the president doesn't have a prayer of re-election. She and her cabinet have plundered the Argentine coffers and the people know this. But that's normal in South America.

Brazilian support should be worrisome though. If Brazil helps and in some way get's hit by British bombers or has some of it's ships sunk then I'd watch out here. Brazil has millions upon millions of young men who wouldn't mind a paycheck for a change.

Rather than gloating that Britain will make quick work of this situation I think the troubling possibility is that the bulk of South America could become united into a common cause of removing the yoke of anglo/gringo influence and perceived thievery of natural resources in their neck of the woods. Their countries have been exploited by oil cartels/and various conglomerates before.

I think what this will all come down to is who is going to become the next leader of Argentina and what will this man's feelings towards the anglo/gringo historical paradigm be. If he is a nationalist like Chavez, then look out Falklands especially in lieu of this continent wide support that seems to have quickly sprouted up.

I also caution the "This situation will be handled quickly" team that these are always the famous last words of those who go off to 4-6 year wars regularly.

In another post I pointed out that Latin America has a long memory and they still have not forgotten the School of the Americas and all of the niceties it brought down upon their people since the 40s. The days of South Americans being uneducated and unaware are over. Knowing their past I'm sure they have little patience for Northern tampering once again whether this is truly a case of it or not.

EDIT: Nicaragua, Brazil, and even Mexico has pledged support to Argentina in this conflict... This is starting to get interesting folks. So now this is expanding past South American unity clear into Central American support as well. This thing is picking up steam fast. I would not have suspected Central American backing....

So the stakes are climbing for the oil cartels now. He, he, good.

[edit on 23-2-2010 by 3DPrisoner]

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join