It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nick Pope and Michio Kaku interviewed by Geraldo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Anyone see this over the weekend ?

In the middle of his show he reports about the MoD deciding to release "all" of its UFO Files. And they'll talk to the former UK UFO desk expert (Pope) after the break. Well they come back from the break, cut to the space shuttle landing, Geraldo interviewed some Fox News guy about the UFO Files for a minute, who reminded him they'd both once seen UFOs. Geraldo claims he was drunk. No #.

And then he talked to Dr. Kaku for a minute.
When asked about the files, Kaku said there is no smoking gun, 90% of sightings can be explained, 10% are hard to dismiss, some are very hard to dismiss like when everyone in the cockpit of an airline sees a UFO, and the UFO is recorded on radar.

They played some videos, and then Geraldo acted like he forgot about Pope and asked Pope if he was a believer ? Then Pope spoke for about 15 seconds, basically echoing what Kaku had just said, about how some of the reports are very hard to dismiss, and then Geraldo apologized, we're out of time. The whole segement was carefully managed propaganda.

EDIT:
Video is now available on Fox's youtube channel. It's slightly edited from last night. You don't hear the Geraldo first hyping up the Pope interview, or his comment afterwards.

[edit on 22-2-2010 by Schaden]

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
you could have just posted the video instead of giving yer lame rendition of what was said....

i mean, really...these late nite threads are the pits...

-80 stars and flags.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

Actually, for someone like me, who cannot play videos, as I have no speakers connected up to this computer, this rather succinct run through of events was very useful, thanks OP.

As for the interview, it could just be that Geraldo is a bit of a d**k!

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206
you could have just posted the video instead of giving yer lame rendition of what was said....

-80 stars and flags.

WOW! I've noted that you have not searched for the segment on YouTube and placed the link here yourself.

I enjoyed the Op's rendition. I got a great feel for how the segment played out. Thanks Op! Where as you... you added nothing whatsoever except a bitchy whine. [sarcasm]Pat yourself on the back for some quality content. [/sarcasm]

IRM

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Sadly it did come across as a whine, shame on you, show some civility..

Mind you , with an avatar that 'seems' to support the gun thug movement what did I expect. My apologies if that's not what it's doing but that's how it looks.

Anyhow, to be honest I have no idea why Pope is even given the slightest credit, yes he worked at the MOD in the UFO denouncing department, he's a pencil pusher which gives him no right to be classed as an expert.

Nick is just another in the long line of making a buck off UFO's merchants. He says the same stuff over and over and I guess from his manner he would not be opposed to saying whatever for money.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
The real sad thing here, there real crime...is that if this aired segment caused anybody not into the subject to look it up online they would be exposed to the ABSOLUTE LUNACY that this subject attracts.

If they see that, they leave the subject and don't come back for years and years. If they stick around, the chances of them being a critical thinker and someone who posses common sense, reason and logic is very low.

Don't kill the messenger, I speak the truth. Read these very forums if you don't believe me. If that doesn't convince you, your are more than likely a part of the problem I describe. And these are the BEST forums on the internet regarding taking a reading on the ufo community. I know, sad...sad....

Sorry to be so real.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Geraldo is a Shill. The man is a scumbag IMHO and really shouldn't be taken seriously no matter what the topic.

Besides, shouldn't he be looking for Capone's vault and not wasting his time on these trivial matters?

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
As much as I hate Geraldo, if you want to invoke "Capone's Vault" to make him look like an idiot, I could invoke one of many piles of crap that make any of the major "UFO Investigators" look like a moron as well.

One should not throw stones when one lives in a glass house.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206

-80 stars and flags.

It was on TV right before I posted it.

I thought it was important enough to at least alert people those two were on TV, even if I didn't have a clip.

At least I was talking about a current UFO event, instead of 90% of people's fantasy threads about how they are the special chosen alien child.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Schaden

extreme T and C violation.
hope you enjoyed your time on ATS.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
As much as I hate Geraldo, if you want to invoke "Capone's Vault" to make him look like an idiot, I could invoke one of many piles of crap that make any of the major "UFO Investigators" look like a moron as well.

For your logic to apply here you must first identify which "UFO Investigator" I am implying is not a moron. I don't remember naming any so those you may name are simply your opinion not mine. I'm sure there are plenty of them but that is not who I am discussing.

One should not throw stones when one lives in a glass house.

No glass house here buddy since I have not defined any parameters other than Geraldo is a moron.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Boy...ah...er....if I had to only pick one UFO investigator to call a moron I wouldn't know where to start, lol.

But I don't think you understood the spirit of my response by your over-literal translation of it.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
Boy...ah...er....if I had to only pick one UFO investigator to call a moron I wouldn't know where to start, lol.

Once again, if you want to start a debate on UFO investigators being morons thats cool, but that had nothing to do with what I was talking about. So I'm really not interested.

But I don't think you understood the spirit of my response by your over-literal translation of it.

I totally understand it. You made the claim I was throwing stones when I clearly pointed out to you I wasn't. If you wish to clarify what you meant to justify that statement feel free. But I'm not sure how you wish to be taken other than literally unless you have some sort of metaphorical meaning there that is completely hidden.

[edit on 22-2-2010 by kleverone]

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Schaden

We know its a Tesla craft and you can't tell us or the aliens will take your job.

Thanks for the post.
I don't think they are afraid of aliens.
Left the first line at youtube.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Hi all,

You know, both of these duds have nothing to add to the EBE question, at all.
Nick's been way out of bounds since his dismissal from a desk at MoD (Britain), except his name. The other?, what other?

Pure nonsense is pure nonsense, and Kaku reads like junk emails. He should be regarded as a typical scientist, nothing more possibly less?

Friedman's the real alternative. He tells it all like it is. Most importantly, he's done his homework. (20 years or more).

Decoy

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
To make Geraldo look like an idiot, the only thing you need to invoke is his mustache. And who is this lisping, stuttering pencil flapper Craig Rivera? Is Hairaldo just grabbing random members of his family and putting them on TV with him?

But more to the point, I've never seen Pope and Kaku on the same segment together, so that was new. Is Kaku typically wheeled out when UFO stuff is discussed on TV? Has he even written anything on UFOs? If so I'd like to read it.

As for Nick Pope, his shtick is getting a little tired. I've heard him say the same thing twenty times in twenty different interviews.

top topics

join