It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joe Stack IRS Suicide Pilot Conspiracy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
The discrepancies in the story are 100% media imbelishment and poor journalism. No one bothers to get the facts straight they just want to get the scoop on everyone else. The first I heard of this on a local radio station stated that it was an Al-Qaida terrorist attack against a Federal building in Texas.

I see nothing odd at all at how quickly the media was able to obtain the web post so quickly. If there's anything the media is good at, it's digging up dirt on people. Give me 3 guys with computers, a name city & state and in an hour I'll give you everything that person ever put up on blogspot/facebook/myspace/twitter in the last year.

Who says this is a suicide note anyway? Reads more like a blog post, just venting his frustration. Nothing indicating he's about to kill himself.

Sometimes there is no conspiracy guys.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by aguyinaustin
Hey guys. I know Joe's wife through a family member. I can answer all of your questions.

Ah great. And you registered on ATS today to share this with your new friends? Thank you! How did you find this discussion here? I'm not suggestion you are just making this up. It just would have been great if you'd been a member on ATS a bit longer so we had known you a little bit. Makes you more reliable.

Now, it's true you anwsered most our questions.
Do you have any idea where the money came from?
Did Joe and Sheryl get married before or after moving to Austin?

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by FreezeM

Joe had been living in Austin at least 2 years before they married.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mortimer452
Who says this is a suicide note anyway? Reads more like a blog post, just venting his frustration. Nothing indicating he's about to kill himself.

Let me point out the indications this was a suicide note by quoting the letter.
First, he signs the letter with:

Joe stack (1956-2010)

Indicating he was expecting to die this year.

And then ther is this:

It has always been a myth that people have stopped dying for their freedom in this country, and it isn’t limited to the blacks, and poor immigrants. I know there have been countless before me and there are sure to be as many after. But I also know that by not adding my body to the count, I insure nothing will change.

I don't see how you can suggest this could be anything BUT a suicide note.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
The conflicting accounts of the house fire and plane crash should not be surprising to anyone since it is commonplace, especially in cases involving traumatic incidents, to find wildly divergent eyewitness reports. That these unfiltered versions get reported without corroboration is illustrative of the current state of what passes for journalism these days.

As for the pilot's financial status, it is not at all unusual for a person to possess high value assets while, simultaneously, be on the verge of bankruptcy. If his debts far exceed the value of his assets, then he would be forced to file in order to protect at least some of what he owns.

There are many people who have found themselves in this kind of precarious situation through no fault of their own due to illness or being un/under-employed. I certainly have sympathy for them.

This coward tried to game the system and then, when he got caught, tried to paint himself as some altruistic patriot, willing to sacrifice himself for a greater good. In reality, he lacked the fortitude to fight the battle he started and, even worse, attempted to take others with him.

We are better off with him removed from the world. I hope other like-thinking individuals learn from Stack's gutless deed. He is going to be remembered as a weak loser who took the easy way out.

If that's how you want to be remembered, then by all means, go find a plane. If not, show some courage and face the music.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by aguyinaustin

Great information. Thanks for posting.

If this is all legit, then it really shows you something.... the News Media is full of irresponsible liars and muckrakers. They make up anything and jump to any conclusion just to be the first and most sensational. The Media is pathetic. They twist everything around.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by FreezeM

I agree the Guy In Austin could be fake, but the info is pretty realistic sounding. Maybe he is a good faker. Maybe he is trained to be a good faker.

But really I think he knows Joe Stack, saw all the crazy stuff on the news, read it online, and thought to himself ''I wonder if there is any crazy conspiracy talk online''. You type in ''Joe Stack conspiracy'' and ATS is one of the top links. Could be true.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

My grandfather committed suicide, and his note made no mention about any of his family, only that he could no longer stand the torment.
As to the quick identification of the man,I think it would only take air traffic control a few minutes to identify a plane that disappeared off radar. Doesn't each plane have it's own ID #? or something to that effect?
I don't think it's irrational to think that there are crazy people out there. Timothy McVeigh is one good example.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

If your transponder is squaking the right code... yep. If you don't turn it on you're just another blip. Depending on the aerodrome he would have had to state his aircraft callsign whilst asking for permission to taxi, line up and take off roll. By reviewing the ATC tapes they could easily identify his voice to people who know it, also identifying the callsign.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by aguyinaustin
Hey guys. I know Joe's wife through a family member. I can answer all of your questions.

Joe got word of the IRS disaster (well, this round of it) earlier in the week. He seemed to keep it to himself and then it appeared to eat at him as he got more and more angry as the days went by. On Wed, he pretty much blew up and got violent, causing Sheryl to leave with her daughter (his step-daughter). They went to a hotel for the night. Days before that, she changed her email address to a private host instead of sharing his mail server (she never explained why, just that it was "effective immediately"). Clearly, things were not going well at home.

I'm guessing the reason why the family wasn't mentioned is that they'd been married about three years, he wasn't really bonded with the girl, and he was upset with Sheryl leaving. He then turned that rage towards the IRS and boom.

The money goes deeper than you think, though. Yes, it's an expensive house (and was a nice one), but it was also full of new furniture and that delicious grand piano for Sheryl to teach with (she ran lessons out of the home; that's the undocumented income). The plane, he's had that for years. He wouldn't sell it because they used it practically every weekend to relax and be together. It had a lot of emotional value to them all.

So anyway, they were at the hotel overnight and in the morning she went home and found the house on fire. She went into a neighbor's house while the firefighters did their job. That's where the "and a neighbor saved her" or whatever BS came from. She was just ducking out to have a breakdown.

The "theft" of the plane was from journalists. Because there was no flight plan, some dip# presumed it was stolen, unaware of any situation were one might not need to be filed. So, it was his plane all along and the hangar was even in his name (and another fellow, unrelated to this incident).

So ... what else? This is just a case of a good guy having too much crap happen to him. He's no martyr and there's no grand conspiracy.

sounds very plausible.

thanks for your post.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

Thanks for the info. I forgot that they have to turn on the transponder. I don't know much about planes, but I was thinking there was a way to find out who it was pretty easily.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
More importantly, the real question is - what is the reaction by Government?

Sure we knew who he was, what he did for a living and his alleged concerns about taxation, but what is the (reported) public feeling and how does that transpire into policy?

THAT will lead you to the true motives of any conspiracy here - if there is one.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Great job mnemeth1 and hotbakedtater. You guys are both relentless on this subject and I absolutely appreciate it. Everyone else is talking about their emotional response to the subject and not the facts. Keep up the good work!

Also, I would like to take a moment and point out that this story is slowly fading from the msm. For an event like this, it doesn't even appear on drudge's homepage at all. I find that to be strange. We may be able to gather some msm motives by figuring out who is covering the story, what they are saying and who is completely ignoring it.

These kinds of analysis will unlikely link things together, but may provide some insight into who has something to gain from a story like this, and which msm sources are working together to promote the particular agenda of the benefactors. I believe that there is a story hidden in those details as well.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I’ve read the facist soup article on J. Stack yesterday and have read all the comments in the Above Top Secret threads about this incident.

Coming across the post by a 'friend of family member' of the Stacks, it definitely confirms the ‘official story’. . . and of course it makes sense.
Regardless of who wrote it, the fact that it appeared on this post, as opposed to on CNN, is an attempt to put your specific questioning to rest.

But because of the anonymity of the poster – the fact that I could have written this and posted it up there (and maybe I did. . .), as well as anyone else with a vested interest in creating an ‘official story’ – it doesn’t convince me at all that this wasn’t a false-flag type event.

mnemeth1 raised some interesting questions yesterday, questions that had several on Above Top Secret attacking the very fact that s/he asked them. That tells me the questions struck a nerve, at least with someone out there, and that this is a volatile issue.

If there is a conspiracy behind this incident, and I am not presuming to know one way or another, then there would be an attempt to cover up, or quiet, questions that don’t play into the “official story”.

I’m not saying this post was COINTEL PRO, but I am saying that after 9-11 we live in a society where we MUST question everything. Having an anonymous poster, post something on a conspiracy website, AFTER two heated exchanges with people who are definitely trying to quiet the questions, should only make us wonder more at the motivations.

Did s/he send a personal message with his contact info and other PROOF that s/he is who s/he says s/he is? If so, I stand corrected. If not, I stand in the face of those that would believe an official story and ask the questions that you asked yesterday until they were adequately answered.

Thanks for all the work you’ve put into this. Don't stop questioning!!!

Bliss. Thuth.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
There is another perspective that I didn't see covered here. With all the so-called conspiracies aside, the fact that Mr. Stack wrote a fairly anti-governmental diatribe does not really bode well given the already highly polarized state of the US. He calls out situations related to unfair taxation, corruption of government, and the continual "lie" that he perceives we are all being fed. He called for America to wake up and indicated that not only is violence is the way, but the only way. Of course, there is also the symbolic nature of his chosen target. All of these elements blatantly feeds the flame of revolution that already exists and in my opinion, is experiencing a groundswell of support.

Regardless of the facts, those who are bent on overthrowing the status quo, will take this as yet another reason why our present form of government should change. Even more serious, is the fact that a citizen has finally taken a very publicly violent step against the government in it's current form. This I'm afraid, is the very impetus that groups of rage filled citizens have been waiting for. With all the training and the stockpiling and the constant bombardment from all sides of media, for and against this government, this may have become the straw that breaks the camels back.

I honestly hope that I am wrong and simply seeing the cup half empty.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by patmac

I wonder this because Obama has not even said anything about it yet, according to cspan he is campaigning with Harry Reid. Compare this to 9/11 where Bush and the neocons jumped all over it.

For some reason, they want to ignore this story.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ExScientiaVeritas

whether this was a false flag or genuine attack, either way it fuels the flames of revolution and forces the government to become more paranoid of its citizens. I think the outcome of this is crucial.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Here's a question...

How/why did the plane explode into a 50 foot ball of flame?
Is that normal?
How does it compare to other small plane crashes we have seen reported?

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ancient_wisdom
For some reason, they want to ignore this story.

But why are they trying to hide it? They were all over it yesterday and now they are treating it like it's some sort of Balloon boy. Could this entire thing have backfired somehow? Or are they just going to report nonsense and let it seep back into obscurity, until they want to push some terrible legislation and then use it as ammo?

Also, it seems like the wrong side of this coin is making a big deal about it. You have the msm who aren't really talking about it really, and then you have the 'victims?' of the teaparty movement who are screaming at the top of their lungs that they have no association with this guy, or that they think he is some sort of martyr. Either way, the only voices I'm hearing now are the people who have nothing to gain from this, but everything to lose.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. It seems premeditated.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

No, he could have been writing this off line and only started posting to his website the past couple of days. He wrote this in MS Word.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join