It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plane crashes into Austin building

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Look, there is way to stop such further senseless acts.

Everyone is uptight and feeling the effects of one of the most profound and dammaging of all events in our current history - the burning of our own pockets which makes us all feel small and powerless.

But it is happening to everyone in the world, not only in US, and I am sure no one wants the financial crisis, no one, not even Osama Bin Laden, for he would have no more funding for his operations.

Everyone is comprehensibly hurt, BUT KILLING OTHERS AND SUICIDE AS WAY OUT is not the way. We must never cease finding solutions to problems, its only part of life. Nothing is impossible. The founding fathers too never resort to killing others at the start. It was only when all else failed, and with the backing and collective power of the masses, they set upon for change.

We are living in a better and more humane era now than the founding fathers now who had sacrificed their very own lives for us so that no more blood be shed by their next generations to come. We have freedom, equality and education.

Its our job and responsibility now to prevent bloodshed. The way to stop such murders and suicide is to reach out, begining with ourselves, our families, relatives and friends. Together we make up society. We must never cease to discuss with one another and come out with solutions collectively, for alone, we are incapable, for we have each only one head.

But if the direction we seek is right, through reason and logic, we would be capable of achieving more and convincing more, much more than any draconian measures the fearful authorities can come up with. Solutions begins with you and me, today, and now.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap

This can only to serve to expand domestic surveillance and strip our freedoms even further. That is exactly what everyone will be asking, "Why wasn't this prevented?" The reply will be, "We didn't have the appropriate tools and resources in place to catch this in time. We have since expanded our efforts to be able to thwart this type of behavior in the future."

And we will eat it up like a spoon full of sugar!

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SEEWHATUDO

You are darn right! We will be begging for it actually. That is how they work, we get what we want.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Here is the statement Joe Stack made that CNN refers to. It's just so awfully sad.

www.statesman.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by hawaiinguy12

Ease up hawaiinguy, no one is saying this is a good thing, they are merely commenting on the incident itself, and the individual believed to have committed it, and his possible motive's, not the loss of life, or property that is the end result. We all know, or should know that violence is not the answer, or to be laughed at....dark humour is sometimes a way of dealing with stress... as some are aware, but, i'm sure the majority of us, feel for and sympathize with those who were harmed in this incident... so please relax, and stop with the name calling

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
CNN- experts are confused over the amount of damage caused by the crash and why the building is still burning.

Looks like the plane may have been loaded with something else. I am going to guess fertilizer and fuel oil.

The Piper PA28-140 has a normal load carrying capacity of 950 lbs, including fuel (50 gal=300 lbs), pilot ?(normal is 185 for males), oil (15 lbs). So that leaves 450 pounnds for ANFO (ammonium nitrate-fuel oil.) Not much bang there.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Last I heard from my local news, two or three people were missing or injured. I hope that the ones injured will be ok and the person missing is found.

I first heard about this on the radio, and the thing that I found really odd was when the DJ said that it was one of the IRS buildings in Austin and no one was hurt. WTH? No one was in an IRS building at tax time? I now know that's not true, but I thought it was really weird.

I am not, I repeat NOT, trying to tie these two together, but a little over a week ago I saw a Homeland Security van driving around North Richland Hills, Texas. NRH is 6 or so hours away from Austin, and about 20 minutes outside of Fort Worth, Texas. I have lived here nearly 20 years, and I have never seen anything like this (not even FBI/CIA). As far as I know, there isn't even a local office of any kind of Federal agency within 20 or so miles, if not more. It could have been passing through, but it was on a back street that wasn't that close to a high way or anything. It caught me so off guard that I almost followed it to see where it was going. It was one of those time when you just think "This might not be good." I thought that maybe something was going to happen soon, but I didn't think enough about it to even tell anyone.

Again, I am connecting it to the plane crash in Austin. I just felt the need to put it out there when I see a Homeland Security van and a week later a plane crashes into a Federal building at the state's capital.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Well they can call him a terrorist, domestic terrorist, or criminal...or whatEVER....

I am still much more terrified of the IRS getting after me than someone like him.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap
This can only to serve to expand domestic surveillance and strip our freedoms even further. That is exactly what everyone will be asking, "Why wasn't this prevented?" The reply will be, "We didn't have the appropriate tools and resources in place to catch this in time. We have since expanded our efforts to be able to thwart this type of behavior in the future."

There IS no way to thwart this type of behavior. No security measures ever invented can predict or stop someone committed enough and willing to lose their own life. People even manage to sneak explosives onto planes despite all their efforts to stop it. No amount of money or manpower thrown at the problem will be effective. The only solution is for there to be no people that desperate in society, which will only happen when They stop screwing with everyone. Happy people don't martyr themselves; it's the best security measure possible...

Any bets on whether They let us be any happier, anyone?

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

STAR FOR YOU!

I've been waiting for someone to just say it outright. I know many are thinking it. The message has been received. His "manifesto" is brilliant though the MSM is using everything in their power to skew every single valid point of his message.

So many people talk about revolution on these boards and now when a person actually does something... those same people call him a coward and continue to sit on their a$$es doing absolutely nothing...

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Question #1:

When did attacking a government building become NOT an act of terrorism?
(just saying)

Question #2:

Joseph stack $500 donation to Ron Paul in 2008 but made from Cali and not TX....his business (I take from his note) was based in San Fran. Could this be him?

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by hawaiinguy12

Well I'm the only one who said I was "smiling" about this so you might be referring to me. Gee, I don't know George.

Good. Let the MSM skew it however they want. At the same time more people will wake up. The more clamps be placed on society. The internet will play a HUGE role in this scenario. Just mere minutes after this happens and already this guys manifesto is viewed by thousands.

The guy's motive wasn't to kill a bunch of people. If that was the motive then he was an idiot, Judging by what he was writing and what he knew, he was no idiot. His goal wasn't to kill a bunch of innocent people or there would have been much better targets.

This man did it right. Minimize the casualties, but make an impact. People will cheer on the troops for killing thousands of people in the name of freedom but when this man dies defending the same, they will demonize him. He has made a bigger impact on freedom than the entire war in the Middle East has accomplished.

reply to post by freetree64

Actually, yes. I am saying this is a "good thing".

reply to post by M0n0lyth

Indeed, they will skew it all they want but there are plenty who are up to date with the MSM tactics and they will still read it and understand it themselves.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by freetree64

Ive seen some people "smiling" at this event so I wouldnt call that "Dark humor". What I am worried about as i said in my last few posts is that this IS going to be used as an excuse for more surveillance in at home, another possible excuse internet restrictions,Reinstate the Patriot Act, and demonetization of people who are Anti-IRS (Ron Paul supporters which is 90% of the people on here),Tea party people AND 9/11 Truthers. And as for the name calling I called someone a pig because they were "smiling" at this event as I said before

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
They took down the pilot's manifesto which was originally here

I have it saved if it has not been posted yet

Edit: looks like someone already covered it

[edit on 18-2-2010 by OokieSpookie]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thought Provoker

There IS no way to thwart this type of behavior. No security measures ever invented can predict or stop someone committed enough and willing to lose their own life. People even manage to sneak explosives onto planes despite all their efforts to stop it. No amount of money or manpower thrown at the problem will be effective. The only solution is for there to be no people that desperate in society, which will only happen when They stop screwing with everyone. Happy people don't martyr themselves; it's the best security measure possible...

Any bets on whether They let us be any happier, anyone?

He was online posting his manifesto right? He apparently had a problem with IRS. I can see some pretty disturbing measures arise just from these two things.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

Building Burning ( New Photo )

s3.amazonaws.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
OMG yall, I hope nothing happens to Meghan Riley! Meghan is a witness.

Listen to what she has to say at the 3:06 mark.

The reporter asked her if she had anything else to say.

She said yes, the fire department got there fast, because a firetruck was parked

ACROSS THE STREET WITH HAZMAT

doing something!

(predictably, the reporter did not follow up on this, and ENDED THE INTERVIEW after she said this.)

3:06

What?? Can this possibly be a coincidence?

Anyway I apologize if this has already been brought up. But there is a lot about this that makes me feel bad.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I just read his manifesto. Wow. And you know, there were many parts I totally agree with and have heard espoused by Beck, Jones and others many times. I don't agree with taking your life or those of others though. That won't solve anything.

However, I did find it interesting hsi comment about how violence wasn't the answer, it is the ONLY answer. And that the wealthy know it and use it against us.

I watch Beck occasionally and he reiterates quite often that violence is not the solution. Don't know much is Alex Jones does or not, but as I've been saying for a couple years now, we are brewing for a civil war. There is going to be blood.

People have had it everywhere and they aren't going to keep eating the crap being spoon fed to them by these elitists who insist we buy their lies. We are waking up and this is yet another example of enough is enough. Do you feel free when you fear that the IRS can come after you and take everything you own, even if you've never screwed up?

It will be interesting to hear what people like Beck say about this. Can he really dismiss everything the guy says and turn him in to a looney? The obvious answer is 'yes', but if (and when) he does then he'll loose some credibility with portions of his audience who have read this and can understand some of his points.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by OokieSpookie
They took down the pilot's manifesto which was originally here

I have it saved if it has not been posted yet

Edit: looks like someone already covered it

[edit on 18-2-2010 by OokieSpookie]

They are bleaching this story already!

Thank goodness for ATS and the internet. I wish I knew how to save Meghan Riley's video, that will get bleached next.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
President Obama has been briefed by anti-terrorist advisor, and the DHS has changed its statement to "investigating all angles"

Due to the anti-government blog, targeting of a federal building, possible terrorist link is being investigated.

Could there be others?

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join