It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plane crashes into Austin building

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
A sad and tragic case....

His suicide had been in vain, and worse, he is now forever branded a murderer if the 2 unaccounted for in the building died. They were not at fault. Not even if it is the head of IRS or even POTUS.

The blame is us all. Each and everyone of us is responsible for the choices and the representation we make. Not an individual fault, but a collective one. He will have to kill everyone of us, not just one or a few....

This is a free country, with freedom to speak, to convince. No one is perfect, and mistakes will be made along the way, BUT NO ONE NEEDS TO DIE!!

Have we lost all reason and logic, to change hearts and minds hut have to resort to violence as the only answer?

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Namaste

yes but he is also referring to the principles themselves as crap. It is one thing to say that they say there is no taxation without representation but now ignore that principle, that is a fair statement to make, but to say that that principle is crap whether it is real or not, even if it is fake, that is not a constitutionalist. So he is more like a Sarah Palin tea partier and not a Ron Paul tea partier.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
His suicide note certainly echos posts I've read on ATS. I have a bad feeling about what's about to happen to sites like this one...

link   
reply to post by brainwrek

Understood, hey, at least we know where ya stand..... peace

link   

Originally posted by ancient_wisdom
okay, tin foil hat time: this incident will be used to restrict the flying of private planes, even though the plane was stolen. Ha, it fits nicely in their blame the good citizen.

Here we go.... *sigh*

It was simply a nutjob that went crazy due to losing his house probably, and may have something to do with his property tax being high or he was being audited.. He also had a huge fight with his Wife last night said a neighbor.

A dude wanting 'revenge'... moron.... But some folks will twist this into a UFO invasion from the republicans/democrats/'the government'/nwo crap..

Just comes off as so silly. Remember Occam's Razor.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
wait a min.....

They have actually 'found' his suicide note.....on the internet....

and are reading it for live TV

the incident JUST HAPPENED!!!!!

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by patmac
A quick search of Stack led to something interesting. The first two results were news articles about today's event. The 3rd was this:
www.aircraftone.com...

His flight registration information came up.

Well, isn't that convenient google. Did your algorithms pick this out? Something is not right about any of this.

N2889D JOSEPH A STACK
Individual * PIPER PA-28-236

[edit on 18-2-2010 by patmac]

But he crashed a Cirrus SR22, not the Piper. The police chief said he did not "steal" the plane. What gives?

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by drock905

Bingo!

There is a reason why I discourage members from posting revolutionary ideas and desires-it could be easily misinterpreted. This guy, who carried out this act of domestic terrorism, also ranted about the Catholic Church and other conspiracy theories throughout his blog.

link   

Last modified: May 28, 2005

Even by 2005's standards, that website was complete garbage. Even considering the fact that he was a very technical individual. "Embedded Systems Development"

In every firmware development process there are frequently trouble spots which engineers encounter. Our experience in these areas allows us to help insure a development effort will remains on schedule, and within budget. Some specific areas include:

* Environment Development
* Microprocessor Start-up Code
* Operating System Integration
* Device Driver Implementation
* Algorithm and Process Refinement
* Firmware Product Maintainability

All of that computer knowledge in 2005, he had a website that looked like it was made on AOL back in 95?

No way. Something's not right here. Can someone else help dig around the site he has? I feel kind of alone on this one.

link   
The investigators are reporting this is NOT terrorism.

Lets see.
Causes terror: Check
Political message: Check

Sounds like terrorism to me, time to fire the current investigators and get ones that have a dictionary handy.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Just drove by about an hour ago - scary stuff. The Arboretum is a madhouse.

What the Ef ever happened to a good ol' fashioned suicide?!

I hate people.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
www.businessinsider.com...

By now, everyone knows who Austin Texas crash pilot Joe Stack is.

But his manifesto hosted on EmbeddedArt.com holds clues to how angry he must have been. Diving into the HTML source of the website shows that he generated his manifesto using Microsoft Word.

And Microsoft Word loves to leave in the details. Let's take a look:

Looking at the above screenshot, you can see he revised the document 27 times. Additionally, he started the document two days ago on February 16th at 7:24 PM. He saved his final draft this morning at 6:42 in the morning..

Go to link to see the screen shot.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I wonder if he was alive when they flew him into the building by remote control?

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I think we'll see more of these types of acts of revenge against the government as things continue to get worse in our country. That's just my thought.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

interesting statement from his "suicide note"

We are further brainwashed to believe that there is freedom in this place, and that we should be ready to lay our lives down for the noble principals represented by its founding fathers. Remember? One of these was “no taxation without representation”. I have spent the total years of my adulthood unlearning that crap from only a few years of my childhood. These days anyone who really stands up for that principal is promptly labeled a “crackpot”, traitor and worse.

Clearly, he calls the American principles "crap" and he seems against the principals of the founding fathers. Doesn't sound like a tea partier to me.

Seems more like he's calling his childhood education (not the founding fathers' principles) 'crap'.

link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
wait a min.....

They have actually 'found' his suicide note.....on the internet....

and are reading it for live TV

the incident JUST HAPPENED!!!!!

Welcome to the digital age.

link   
Well MSNBC just read a few bits of the "Manifesto".

What was with the one "expert" on MSNBC saying we don't need to tighten airport security, because this same thing could be done to a building with a car or a bus or a truck
and he's talking with no explosives involved...

Yea , sure try and take your Ford Taurus and crash it into a 7 story building, and see if you get this type of damage

Where do they find these morons??

Does he not realize a plane(even a small one) filled with jet fuel is basically a missile? That's a little different than a car or truck or bus. Without being rigged with explosives is barely gonna get through the lobby.

*still waiting for this building to fall into a neat pile of dust*

[edit on 18-2-2010 by Nola213]

link   

Originally posted by Pharyax

okay, tin foil hat time: this incident will be used to restrict the flying of private planes, even though the plane was stolen. Ha, it fits nicely in their blame the good citizen.

Here we go.... *sigh*

It was simply a nutjob that went crazy due to losing his house probably, and may have something to do with his property tax being high or he was being audited.. He also had a huge fight with his Wife last night said a neighbor.

A dude wanting 'revenge'... moron.... But some folks will twist this into a UFO invasion from the republicans/democrats/'the government'/nwo crap..

Just comes off as so silly. Remember Occam's Razor.

it's a valid statement, the tin foil hat remains on.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

But they have Joint Terrorism Task Force on the ground

This will probably turn from a criminal, to a terrorist investigation within a few hours. The guy effectively used a plane as a bomb.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by drock905

Do you mean like this posting on another thread?

Originally posted by ProjectJimmy
Joseph Andrew Stack, the pilot of the plane that hit an office building housing IRS offices in Austin Texas today posted an anti-government manifesto today before allegedly deliberately flying into the building.

Link: www.businessinsider.com...

I'm currently on assignment for the rest of the Olympics in Canada, however we are still following this story here, although we are not directly reporting on it.

The writing seems to be much like the kind of anti-government rants here on ATS. If this is the start of something larger, this could be a very scary thing. I've been saying to look for domestic terrorists attacks in the United States, that they would start up again, and I hate being right about such a horrible thing.

If I may editorialize a bit more upon this though, I do not believe that violent protests will be victorious, America will not fall to any acts of terrorism, international or domestic. For the lives of the innocent however, please, I the would-be revolutionaries, let this be the end of the violence.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join