It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Cultural Disclosure', the tipping point, impact & new UFO/ET themed music video.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
In recent ATS culture the following threads have been made about disclosure regarding the subject of ET's and UFOs:

The Modern UFO Myth and Imminent Disclosure
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Disclosure imminent? Look at these headlines from the past few days

Various individuals in 'alternative' culture (like 'em or not) have been vocalising opinions about disclosure of different sorts, including but not limited to, David Wilcock (not a thread about him), Richard Hoagland (not a thread about him), & obviously in a different sense Steven Greer (not a thread about him).

Throughout history, disclosure of groundbreaking knowledge & discovery has often come from a cultural source, & also in a 'bottom-up' manner. E.g, from grass roots movements, a lone individual, artists, philosophers, musicians, theologians, researchers & speakers.

Often this disclosure, in whatever form, will indeed consequently be (in different ways) incorporated & appropriated into society's larger institutions, (such as governmental and scientific) to be disclosed again on a larger scale. In some instances this second form of disclosure can be modified from the original, or even aborted & silenced.

After each historical disclosure culture is profoundly affected. A good example is the global impact of the Age of Discovery. (en.wikipedia.org...)

#01 Disclosure
has happened, is happening, and will continue to occur. FOI requests, The Disclosure project (this is not a DP thread), global top secret 'x-files' release, radar sightings, reports, aircraft reports & incidents, & astronaut sightings etc.

#02 Cultural Disclosure
has happened, is happening, & will continue to occur. Whistle blowers, ufology, witness sightings, video photo & audio evidence, celebrity (E.g. Dan Aykroyd), art, crop circles, public opinion & polls, film, documentaries & books, music, media (print, video, audio), new media, and press etc.

#03 Disclosure
has not happened because disclosure can only occur & be valid in instances such as a governmental televised address broadcast to the public. Or a space institute press conference. Or a mass landing of alien craft or landing at specific points on the globe such as the white house. Etc.

Between Cultural Disclosure & Disclosure of a type mentioned in #03 there would logically be a tipping point. A point where cultural disclosure momentum rose to such a level that it eventually forced disclosure of a larger, institutional style.

With a rapid rise in technological advancement the speed in which a tipping point can be reached is increasing exponentially.
* There are 31 billion searches on Google every month (In 2006 it was 2.7 billion).
* The number of text messages sent & received everyday, exceed the total population of the planet.
* Radio took 38 years to reach a market audience of 50 million. Facebook takes 2 years.
* Number of internet devices in 1984 was 1,000. In 2008 it was 1,000,000,000.
( www.youtube.com... )

> Has the tipping point of cultural disclosure been reached?
> If not, when will it be reached & how? Or, can it ever be reached?

The importance of musical influence on culture is, in my opinion, at times, understated. Without even delving into cymatics, sound vibration, waves, and the construction of reality... Music has been intertwined with reality, cultural values, perception, public beliefs & opinion, since the rhythmic drumming in the Upper Paleolithic. With regard to the subject matter, pop music has seen a steady increase in other worldly subject matter, themes & interest. My favourites - David Bowie, KISS, Radiohead & Klaxons. Other good examples are Holst & the War of the worlds broadcast.

> How will music & culture be affected by ongoing cultural disclosure and possibly the resulting disclosure of a type mentioned in #03?

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I would also welcome opinion on the song & music video that has recently been released, which inspired the creation of this thread.

The song is called 'City Lights' by Canterbury (UK) based music artists BODYMACHINE!

The video starts with what seems to be genuine footage of a UFO exiting what looks like a wormhole?
You may also notice at the start what I believe to be NASA footage of an as yet, UFO?

Here is the video:

www.youtube.com...

These are the lyrics:

Space brothers or space cowboys,
Human mothers or human play toys,
Star sailors or future failures,
Genetic tailors or gene assimilators,
Holy moly or Holy Story
Hidden glory or Super gory,

I'm gunna blind you,
I wanna know too,
I'm gunna find out what it is you're doing here.

It could be midnight,
But I wouldn't know,
Room by the street light,
Caught by the glow,
Lean back to draw in,
A dusky yellow,
The horizon meets my eyes on the world down below.

City Lights, city lights,
The lights of the city are covering the stars.
City lights, city lights,
The lights of the city can't tell me where you are.

Science fiction or science fact,
Ancient egyptian or ancient contract,
Non-detection to reach perfection,
Hallucination or natural selection,
Inter-dimension or intervention
Contention or non-convention.

Take me to galactic center,
Enter through your eye,
Take me to a place called nowhere,
We can travel time.

Here are a few screenshots:

files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
No doubt the UFO phenomenon is increasingly becoming part of pop-culture:
Eg.

excerpt from Red Hot Chili Peppers, "Can't Stop"

Kick start the golden generator
Sweet talk but don't intimidate her
Can't stop the gods from engineering
Feel no need for any interfering
Your image in the dictionary
This life is more than ordinary
Can I get 2 maybe even 3 of these
Come from space To teach you of the pliedes
Can't stop the spirits when they need you
This life is more than just a read thru
[sic]
source

Another possible example:

In a recent episode of "Caprica", a character refers to another as "STO" or "Soldier of the One"... or could STO refer to "Service To Other"?

For this last example I don't have a link, you'll just have to take my word for it, nor do I have any knowledge that the writers intended anything other than fiction from it. Nonetheless, it caught my attention...Of course I'm also a huge nerd.

tamale

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
UK release of 'x-files' is hitting the news stations today.

More UFO files released - UK February 2010 (including VIDEO overview showing images)

Britain releases new UFO files

National Archives release:
ufos.nationalarchives.gov.uk...

[edit on 18-2-2010 by aenti]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Tamale_214

Hello Tamale, thanks for your reply. RHCP - another fantastic example, appreciate you adding the lyrics too. I'd never actually noticed them, even after numerous listens!
Especially interesting is the mention of "pliedes" - is that meant to be "pleiades"? ( en.wikipedia.org...(star_cluster) ) I don't think I need to elaborate on the significance of that one! :p

Nice science fiction culture example too. I'd be surprised if a science fiction writer created something with no thought or intention - Good spot! That genre has obviously been interesting with this topic; Stargate (first series) is meant to be another great example.

Cheers. x

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by aenti

I really appreciate this novel approach to addressing the undulating pulse of imminate disclosures I would use the term "theshold" verus "Tipping Point" to define the point where mass exspoure results in a "cultural" acceptence of the reality of the presence of ET / Alien life..intellegent and evolved. Once the "Threshold" has been reached or exceeded the reality will be incorporated into the "public conscience" Cultral Disclosure before a real encounter of the 3rd, 4th kind actually takes place.!
Math is a universal language...music is an audio representation of math,,a makes sense that commnication through music would be universal assuming ET / Aliens are sensory based organisms..

[edit on 18-2-2010 by jbmitch]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Didn't notice this thread before posting and wanted to quickly mention the cultural disclosure help of pop star Robbie Williams and the lovely relationship with ATS:

ATS and Robbie Williams UFO Investigation: Round Two of Gilliand Videos

AboveTopSecret.com And Robbie Williams Investigate UFOs at Gilliland Ranch

Robbie - if you're reading, please U2U or reply with your thoughts on the subject, and on the inspirational music video. I'd love to see what you have to say.

Edit to add both links. Robbie actually on the radio whilst I write this... "how do you rate the morning sun?"

[edit on 18-2-2010 by aenti]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jbmitch

Thanks for replying jbmitch, enjoyed reading your post.

I'm happy with 'threshold' or 'tipping point', it's the meaning I'm really interested in. Possibly 'threshold' may be more accurate, but has it been reached? Will it be reached?

Music from the universal language of math - an excellent point, thanks for bringing it up!
Perhaps, also relates to geometry and the crop circle phenomenon. Yet again emphasising the importance of music. Some theories even state crop circles are made using a sound device. If ET's are indeed some of the circle makers then they may also appreciate a reply via sound - music! Lets just hope they're tuned into MTV

Cheers. x

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by aenti

Hey there Aenti , nice to see you got your thread up and running .

I`d settle for the disclosure of the presence of simple lifeforms on Mars / Europa etc ....

It may not be as `sexy` as a u.f.o landing on the white house lawn , but its significance would be far reaching.

Stephen Greer does my head in - but we won`t go there eh !

*(The Orion project i.e, a Tesla-related free energy technology will supposable be unveiled this April .)
ATS Thread found here .
Good News !!! MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT to the World
=============================================

There are many intriguing aspects to the subject - but many of the self appointed leaders of the `disclosure movement` are charlatans with something to sell or an auditorium to fill .

But this is just my opinion . What do i know.......

edit:
Scratch Titan-Europa.

[edit on 18-2-2010 by UmbraSumus]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Muse are becoming a HUGE band, worldwide... and most of their songs reek of conspiracy! I love their subject matter, and above that, their skill! Amazing band!

Muse - Exo. Politics

When the zetas fill the skys, it's just our leaders in disguise!!

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Hey Umbraaaaaaa, thanks for checking out the thread and leaving a good reply!

I'd also like to settle for simple lifeform presence but I'm greedy and always reach for the stars, hehe. If I was Icarus I would have enjoyed the fall

Greer, yeah, I knew I'd have to do a warning if I mentioned him! Haha. He did pull of TDP (appreciate some don't like it) so I do check about TOP, but credibility - lets just wait and see... Interestingly though, April is the same time as Wilcock's '2nd/back up disclosure date'.

The self appointed leaders are exactly that, self appointed - so doesn't make them leaders for me. Although, point taken - filling auditoriums can obviosuly be damaging if you're not the real deal

Cheers. x

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jephers0n

jephers0n, nice reply, but "becoming" a huge band? Surely they allready are! Did you see 'HAARP' performed at Wembley? Incredible. Their live shows are award winningly spectacular! Agreed on subject matter, really inspirational. Thanks for video post, will watch that tonight.

I remember one amusing interview with Matt Bellamy (lead singer) where the interviewer was showing him photos of people and asking "reptilian?" upon which, Matt would give his opinion (tongue in cheek) whether they were human or not, haha.

Cheers. x

new topics

top topics

join