It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In the womb, you have infinite knowledge...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I have been thinking that, both in the womb and sometime after birth, one has infinite knowledge. What I mean is that one knows about everything during this time! Such things one knows about that I will focus on are past and future events on Earth.

This explains how young children sometimes have knowledge about things that they obviously never should know about at that stage of life, such as participating in wars. These children and other people, though, usually wrongly attribute these experiences of these children to past lives, but I think that this is just the children remembering some of the infinite knowledge they had before and, for a time, after they were born. My theory also explains people throughout time who claim to know future events. Like the children, they are just remembering the infinite knowledge they previously had.

The tragic thing, though, is that all of us lose this infinite knowledge while living in this physical world. However, some lucky ones, such as the examples of the children and prophets, can remember only bits and pieces.

What do you think?

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by they see ALL

And how exactly have they acquired this knowledge? So you are stating that we are born knowing everything and then unlearn/forget it over time? Basically the opposite of what really happens.

Anyway, doesn't the term 'infinite knowledge' imply that they have and will always have this knowledge?

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
I have been thinking that, both in the womb and sometime after birth, one has infinite knowledge. What do you think?

I think english counts as knowledge amoung infinity. Why can't babies understand speech let alone use it.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Here is a very interesting but rather dense academic paper about "fetal Buddhaood" (PDF file):

www.nanzan-u.ac.jp...

Apparently, in some strains of medieval Japanese Buddhist thought, it was believed that the fetus lived in a kind of "mini nirvana" that the author describes as a "pocket universe" before being born. Pretty far-out stuff.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I'm not sure I'd come to the same conclusion.

I'm much more comfortable with the fact that babies are born with senses that tend to be lost as they get older. When adults keep telling them that their friends are imaginary and people `can't do that'.

I have seen some really incredible stuff that my nephew did when he could have no knowledge of what he was talking about or acting upon.

I have seen some really good info on reincarnation too.

But I'm far from an expert.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I think that the religious whack jobs recruit and indoctrinate people at a very young age....and I agree with most of what you just said, but not all knowledge, more less birds eye view or bigger picture type of knowledge, spiritual knowledge I guess.

[edit on 16-2-2010 by thehoneycomb]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
....5.... hit the nail on the head. I doubt the OP will reply to his argument. Thats what delusional religious people do.... ignore the important questions.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I think that what you say has a strong probabliity of being true. Also Anastasia of the Ringing Cedars of Russia series thinks along the same lines as us.
Star and Flag

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
Anyway, doesn't the term 'infinite knowledge' imply that they have and will always have this knowledge?

I just thought of a term that would imply ultimate knowledge. Maybe this is a better term.

Originally posted by ..5..
I think english counts as knowledge amoung infinity. Why can't babies understand speech let alone use it.

Good point! Any language and other forms of communication counts as knowledge too. Maybe, as soon as babies are born, they forget much of this knowledge I am talking about, but remember certain things for some reason. This is obviously just a working theory, and I don't claim to be right in any way. Sorry if it seems like I am thinking up of counter arguments to yours.

Originally posted by silent thunder
Apparently, in some strains of medieval Japanese Buddhist thought, it was believed that the fetus lived in a kind of "mini nirvana" that the author describes as a "pocket universe" before being born. Pretty far-out stuff.

Interesting!

Originally posted by Wertdagf
....5.... hit the nail on the head. I doubt the OP will reply to his argument. Thats what delusional religious people do.... ignore the important questions.

If I could curse right now, I would do it! How rude are you!

Firstly, I am not even religious. Secondly, I did not mention one religion in my first post. Thirdly, this is the "Psychology, Philosophy and Metaphysics" forum, and not the "Faith & Spirituality" forum (in BTS). Fourthly, since this is the "Psychology, Philosophy and Metaphysics" forum, I can focus specifically on Metaphysics, which, by definition, is beyond the realm of science, so empirical proof will be impossible to find.

Originally posted by (C2C)
I think that what you say has a strong probabliity of being true. Also Anastasia of the Ringing Cedars of Russia series thinks along the same lines as us.
Star and Flag

Thanks!

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Anyone else have any thoughts?

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Could you please tell us what evidence led you to this conclusion?

Is it evidence that we can discuss? Would it stand up to rational scrutiny?

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by they see ALL

Wouldn't infinite knowledge be limited to what you are exposed to at the time?

If so, while in the womb we were self aware of being in a dark, warm, wet place.

Probably it's all we needed to know at the time, so, in a respect it could have been infinite.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Don't you remember the womb of movies like The Matrix or Brave New World?

In the womb we have comfort and fear.

We are free from the womb and we cry. And we grow.

There's the physical womb and the psychological womb.

Maybe that's what He said about borning again.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
Could you please tell us what evidence led you to this conclusion?

Is it evidence that we can discuss? Would it stand up to rational scrutiny?

It's just what I have been thinking recently. I can't really pin down any specific evidence. Sorry!

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
Wouldn't infinite knowledge be limited to what you are exposed to at the time?

That's maybe how it really works, but I am talking about a possible alternative.

top topics

join