It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad warns powers will 'regret' if Iran sanctioned

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
id ignore aeverything they say until either they have a "coloured revolution" western sponsored of course.

or the americans get their massive ordanance penetrators that they are rushing through devlopment. completion date june 2010.

till then i dont have time to waste on iran, and its getting boring reading about it on here every other day. seriously how many times has iran threatened the west with "consequences" or tested a scaled up scud? yawn.

june 2010, when the m.o.p is online then ill be worried.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I clearly am an American and I find our foreign policy in regards to Iran and the Middle East in general to be shameful, hypocritical and just plain wrong.

It's all aimed at securing sources of oil by extolling under educated and religious Americans to find some false sense of pride in gunboat diplomacy, intimidation and extortion while exploiting and exagerating religious differences.

That sums it up beautifully.

I'd like to add support to the rational logic evident in the conclusions given by Protoplasmic Traveler and Nomad.

I too am an American, but this is exactly what makes real Americans ashamed to be so. Patriotism is only prideful through sensible acts and must never be put before righteousness. I am a righteous before American. Shameful is to blindly follow patriotism when it veers from decency, not the other way around.

Wrong is wrong regardless how many support it. The USA has been attacking and invading other nations continually since it's beginnings, yet it's respected as the peacekeeper? Iran has attacked no others, despite their much longer history, yet it's regarded the most evil threat? To evaluate this logically and with common sense can only conclude the opposite where in fact Iran is the peaceful and America the threat.

Iran should logically control and possess any weapons of mass destruction, while the US should definitely not. Realistically, sanctions for disarmament against the US are more appropriate.

I challenge anyone to prove this different? What reasoning is there for opposing this? Instead of blindly supporting the opposite of what I'm saying, provide specific factual evidence. Not statements like "Iran is evil!" or "They want to end the World!" state legitimate facts to make your point.

I dare you!

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by tristar

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

...... pretend like the people of Iran actually like and respect their present form of government. Which we all know they don't.

~Keeper

....well the thing is and although this may sound odd or idiotic to you, that the majority of its citizens do see their nationally elected government as a proper and justified winner of the elections, contrary to what the media machine of the "Axis of Good" are bombarding us all with.

It does make insurgency a greater task and caution is at its highest level when dealing with Iran. As it simply cannot be compared to Iraq or Afghanistan. Keep in mind they have had 20 years preparing what was coming towards them and have studied very well the war maneuvers and logistics needed to move over 150.000 combat ready soldiers.

Maybe the Iranian people were happier with the dictator the US installed via Operation Ajax?

Iran was portrayed as evil even after rejecting and overthrowing this corrupted, American installed dictatorship? Come on people!

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zerbst

Originally posted by tristar

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

...... pretend like the people of Iran actually like and respect their present form of government. Which we all know they don't.

~Keeper

....well the thing is and although this may sound odd or idiotic to you, that the majority of its citizens do see their nationally elected government as a proper and justified winner of the elections, contrary to what the media machine of the "Axis of Good" are bombarding us all with.

It does make insurgency a greater task and caution is at its highest level when dealing with Iran. As it simply cannot be compared to Iraq or Afghanistan. Keep in mind they have had 20 years preparing what was coming towards them and have studied very well the war maneuvers and logistics needed to move over 150.000 combat ready soldiers.

Maybe the Iranian people were happier with the dictator the US installed via Operation Ajax?

Iran was portrayed as evil even after rejecting and overthrowing this corrupted, American installed dictatorship? Come on people!

Indeed you are correct, although U.S. foreign policy in the past has named nearly all its current allies as either "Rogue", "Hostile". Oh were is Hillary when you want her on ATS.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Another mouse fart from Iran. Do they even take their own proclamations seriously any more?

The Persians are an intelligent people, I can't help but think that they laugh at Ahmadinnerjacket's rants in just the same way that we do.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
[edit on 17-2-2010 by triplescorpio]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

OK
who did i parady and i guess you dont understand the point of what i said you can personally call me whatever could care less. wasnt even addressing you o great lizard defendor
the point was that americans are held accountable along side their leaders. whiles other countrys iran venezuala afganistan ect.. are looked at as the government and people being two different entitys. People are responsible for their government and if people want to hate on america we should be allowed to hate right back on them.
you really should watch personal threats with yo bad ass keyboard muscles
i give you a gold star for bravery little lizard
o by the way in america we have free speech you familiar with that .?
means im aloud to have any opinion i choose and voice it if i choose.
lizard man thats classic
o and when iran does kill millions of people finally hopefully near wherever your from you can come crying to us for help and then say why didnt you do something sooner to stop it america
if your american your just weak most of us have some guts and understand that some issues are only resolved by force.
Be Well lizard man dude whatever

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by triplescorpio

o and when iran does kill millions of people finally hopefully near wherever your from you can come crying to us for help and then say why didnt you do something sooner to stop it america

Maybe if you actually understood war is a continuation of politics by violent means and is also logistics driven you would better understand how delusional and self serving this hypothetical contention is.

Politically which several million people do you imagine Iran aspires to kill and what would be the benefit to Iran in that undertaking. Keep in mind please Iran has not attacked any nation in its history as an Islamic Republic so consider your scenario carefully.

War is also very much about logistics too, the huge undertaking of moving men, weapons, materials and supplies where they can be tactically brought to bear in an effective manner on an enemy. It takes not just having the men but the transportation for the men, cargo planes, troop transports, landing craft, ports, runways etc., etc., to logistically pull off. That takes a lot of money and a lot of gasoline and oil. Why do you think that we are so pitifully bankrupt and in debt from loosing tiddlywinks matches?

Before you bore ATS with the standard Zionist misquotes of how Iran has threatened to wipe Israel off the face of the earth, Iran did no such thing it has stated it wants to see Zionist Politics end. That’s wanting to see the end of a political cult not the end of a nation.

Even so, if that’s where you are headed Iran is in no more of a position to logistically attack and conquer Israel than Israel is in the position to attack and conquer Iran. Yes Israel could bomb some infrastructure but it doesn’t have the transport capability to mount an expeditionary or occupation force for a nation of Iran’s size that far from it’s own borders or to maintain such a far flung supply line.

Yes you are entitled to your highly emotional, poorly thought out opinions based on misconstrued and highly propagandized information aimed at exploiting your own insecurities and fears and encouraging you to exploit other people’s fears but the reality is this is the same exact propaganda war used on the run up to invading Iraq and it has nothing to do with the threat of the Iranian regime it has to do with the fact that we want to militarily control their oil at the source like we have managed to accomplish either through war against Persian Gulf nations or convincing them they need protected from war.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me, fool me thrice shame on you, Afghanistan, Iraq and now Iran. The pattern is as plain as day and I think its pretty sad that someone’s alleged birth in the United States creates a national identity for some that totally makes them loose sight of their own humanity and individuality.

I was born in America not married to it!

[edit on 17/2/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I love this, everyone is stating how Iran has been SOOO open and honest about everything they are doing, and have done nothing wrong..

Right , so how does that jive with how they were telling the UN and the rest of the world that they were only enriching uranium for nuclear power reasons?

Now after ALL the talks and inaction by the UN, they are saying they have the ability to produce nukes?

Yeah, sounds really open and honest to me, nothing to see here folks, just the big bad world ganging up on the people of Iran, move right along..

Give me a break.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

nah freind iran is cowardice government they will do something dirty and without direct aggression you do remember the iranian terrorists supported by there government they would never declare war instead they will find some fringe group provide the weapon and sit back and deny everything thats their MO. their cowards they have done plenty of awful things and are you seriously saying the country that just hung to of its citizens cause they didnt agree with the government has some moral high ground the only reason iran never invaded another nation is cause theyve been to poor to declare war now that they are wealthy you will see their true color.
And i could caeless about israel they are a bunch of religous coooks too.
Neat ive never been called a zionist before made you sound VERRRY sincere and strong willed

star for you

just cause i hate iran and the USA haters doesnt mean i hate you
GO easy and Be Well

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Ok, I think there is something you should read.
www.iamthewitness.com...

*There are now only 5 nations on the world left without a Rothschild controlled central bank: Iran; North Korea; Sudan; Cuba; and Libya.*
From the source

Gives you a whole new take on whats REALLY going on doesn't it??
If you read the whole thing it goes back to the 1700's.
Saying you want to take care of Iran and North Korea etc. shows you haven't the slightest clue how deep the rabbit hole gets and that you are one of the people that have been used as the pawn that you seem to be.
After reading that link,ask yourself why Iran signed the NPT and Isreal got away with not signing it???
Gives a whole new outlook on the politics that are happening doesn't it??

[edit on 17-2-2010 by DrumsRfun]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

You are missing a lot of important elements once again friend.

Where is the political advantage for Iran in the deaths of millions of people?

For instance the political advantage to us in Iraq is control of their oil. The political advantage to us in Afghanistan is control of a strategic pipeline and the world’s largest opium crop.

Violence whether it’s funding small paramilitary cells or mounting huge invasions cost money. People spend money looking for a return on their investment. Where is the political profit in Iran doing such a thing?

Coincidentally the United States also has hung people for treason, people who refused to fight in wars, and people caught spying on it for other governments. The fact that Iran hangs people it considers to be criminal and that it is just two people that they considered to be that criminal should tell you something in relation to the actual size and scope of what’s going on inside of Iran. It’s small and its mostly foreign funded and run taking advantage of unemployed and dissatisfied youth.

We are conversely having trouble here with our own unemployed people and dissatisfied political elements. Its called the Tea Party movement. Unlike Iran’s political dissidents though the Tea Party Movement is not foreign funded nor does it violently attack infrastructure or police forces while peacefully demonstrating.

How the Western controlled media presents Iran’s domestics politics and how it actually is unfolding inside of Iran are entirely two different things.

Even still they are a sovereign nation and as such it’s not up to us or our place to take sides or judge. We certainly have enough challenges right here in America.

Further you seem to be totally unaware of the fact that Iran successfully fought an eight year long war against Saddam Hussein’s Iraq after Iraq invaded Iran. The Iranians went toe to toe with Iraq’s military the largest and best equipped in the Middle East for eight long years in a trench warfare style war similar to how World War I was fought in Europe. Millions of Iranians and millions of Iraqis died and Iraq did resort to using biological weapons on the Iranian front just as it did against the Kurds in the North.

Iran won the war, and it was a war of attrition. Our own foray into Iraq in the First Gulf War would have been a much different undertaking had it not been for the millions of Iraqi soldiers and tens of thousands of pieces of military hardware Iraq lost in the Iran/Iraq war.

You also seem to be oblivious to the fact Persia is an ancient civilization with customs and traditions dating back 7,000 years and was at times the preeminent empire in the ancient world as large and rich and effective as Greece, Rome and Egypt or that it has a warrior clan religion that predates Islam that promotes physical athleticism and hand to hand combat as a sport that is still widely popular today even in Muslim Iran.

Do you really want to make so many rash judgments about a nation and a culture you have little real knowledge, understanding or exposure to based solely on the highly prejudicial politically aimed propaganda you are spoon fed by the media that simply covets Iran’s oil and isn’t even honest enough to put it in those plain, simple yet obvious terms?

Personally I don’t see a big difference between being ‘duped’ by an Islamic Republic or a Capitalist Democracy as either way you are being used and manipulated.

We have a political goal in Iran and it’s not to rescue the people from a popularly elected democratic government, or from a theocracy, or to protect Israel or to stop Iran from developing nuclear weapons, its for oil, and it’s the same political goal that has led us to install the U.S. Military, personnel and bases in the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and Iraq and the only Persian Gulf Oil Producing State left that hasn’t been brought under American military control is Iran.

Do the math, it is plain to see.

Word from the wise if you want to make an enemy of a nation, at least know and understand who your enemy is.

It's critical in mastering the art of war.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

uhh we dont control nada in iraq wish we did but we dont how much did it cost you to fill your car today ?gas was cheaper and easier to get before the war i think it is you who is in the dark.

[edit on 17-2-2010 by triplescorpio]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

"Coincidentally the United States also has hung people for treason, people who refused to fight in wars, and people caught spying on it for other governments"

seriously for real thats your comparison they were students voicing there opinion not treasonists and what america did was decades decades ago.
seriously your pro iran wow ive lost all respect for this
you all have a good day

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

So I guess you didn't even bother to read that link.
Why am I not surprized.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

seriously for real thats your comparison they were students voicing there opinion not treasonists and what america did was decades decades ago.

The truth is without having been there, personally known them, seen the actual evidence against them or the investigation into them all that any of us can do is to speculate who they are.

A paragraph on Press TV is not equal to a life or its sum total, not even when CNN picks it up and puts it editorial on it.

The truth is we have no idea exactly what the men hung were involved with and who and its silly to pretend we have the facts from that one paragraph released and boundless editorials and speculations put forth as fact.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

star for that one it is on the level...
peace
Be Well

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

uhh we dont control nada in iraq wish we did but we dont how much did it cost you to fill your car today

Well for people who don't control nada in Iraq we sure do spend trillions of dollars we don't have to pay American contractors from one end of the other and to have a massive military presence from one end to another.

Plausible deniability is not so plausible when you run through the numbers.

The fact of the matter is Iraq is under U.S. Military occupation and we wouldn't have any troops there if that wasn't the case.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

has absolutely no relevence to my statement
i ll ask again gas was cheaper and we are there to control it right have you checked how much oil has gone up the fact that we still pay rich arab princes to import their product wich they have limited and the simple fact that that arguement died for most americans when we paid four dollars a gallon this summer for this oil that we supposedly inavded iraq for you ll have to provide a better answer then to profit cause all its done is cause debt or is that the new conspiracy geeez.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
This thread-like many others on ATS, has deviated WAY past the original topic. Moderators please bring everyone back in line to discuss the premise of the thread and take the personal bickering and viewpoints elsewhere. Its senseless arguing and none of you can be proven right or wrong when you all "think" your viewpoint is the correct one.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join