It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad warns powers will 'regret' if Iran sanctioned

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by triplescorpio

I cant stand this pathetic little man sorry about the language.

Mate - most people couldn't stand most of your so called leaders, is that a reason to bomb your silly country back into the stone age?

Be Well America dont let the man get ya down or any cheese eating surrender monkeys EHH HEM france.
]

How immature. You're parroting somebody elses quote as your own, and you actually think it's your opinion.

I hope he pulls some crap id love to see america turn his country into a smooth piece of glass.

Yeah you'd love to see thousands and thousands of tiny babies hideously deformed, flesh peeling from severe radiation burns...

You'd love to see the malformed foetus suddenly rejected from their innocent mothers as a result of radiation poisoning.

You'd love to see schools of little children bombed into oblivion.

You'd love to see old men dragging their burnt limbs across burning streets as they desperately search for their family.

You'd love to listen to the gurgling death screams of those caught between agony and oblivion.

--

Actually, no i think you'd pass out from the utter keyboard coward you are.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gouzze
reply to post by Nomad451

blahh blahh blahh... you clearly are not american..

I clearly am an American and I find our foreign policy in regards to Iran and the Middle East in general to be shameful, hypocritical and just plain wrong.

It's all aimed at securing sources of oil by extolling under educated and religious Americans to find some false sense of pride in gunboat diplomacy, intimidation and extortion while exploiting and exagerating religious differences.

The reality is that Americans are entitled to have individual opinions and the halmark of an American is someone who dissents and questions the government's policies.

You might want to read some credible history books and the Constitution and the Bill of Rights and develop some more credible arguments based on the actual events that are transpiring versus simply trying to disqualify poster's opinions based on a criteria you clearly have a poor grasp of to begin with regarding American charachter.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Wouldn't you just LOVE to place BB for Brains Nuttin'Honey (the socalled Prime Minister of Yisro'el) in the same Jail Cell with Ahmad's Nut Job for 1 solid year -- they both belong in prison for what they've done in their own sordid pasts..

I wonder how it would turn out with those two boys....I suppose BB would end up just loving the big brute after a few sweaty tosses in the sack !

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I clearly am an American and I find our foreign policy in regards to Iran and the Middle East in general to be shameful, hypocritical and just plain wrong.

It's all aimed at securing sources of oil by extolling under educated and religious Americans to find some false sense of pride in gunboat diplomacy, intimidation and extortion while exploiting and exagerating religious differences.

That sums it up beautifully.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Originally posted by triplescorpio

I cant stand this pathetic little man sorry about the language.

Mate - most people couldn't stand most of your so called leaders, is that a reason to bomb your silly country back into the stone age?

Be Well America dont let the man get ya down or any cheese eating surrender monkeys EHH HEM france.
]

How immature. You're parroting somebody elses quote as your own, and you actually think it's your opinion.

I hope he pulls some crap id love to see america turn his country into a smooth piece of glass.

Yeah you'd love to see thousands and thousands of tiny babies hideously deformed, flesh peeling from severe radiation burns...

You'd love to see the malformed foetus suddenly rejected from their innocent mothers as a result of radiation poisoning.

You'd love to see schools of little children bombed into oblivion.

You'd love to see old men dragging their burnt limbs across burning streets as they desperately search for their family.

You'd love to listen to the gurgling death screams of those caught between agony and oblivion.

--

Actually, no i think you'd pass out from the utter keyboard coward you are.

You know it's amazing what some leaders are willing to put their own countrymen through in the name of progress. Iran's leadership is bringing this on themselves with blatant disregard for life.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

It seems that no matter what this issue heads for war. If I was a country enriching Uranium for peaceful purposes and had done everything requested by the IAEA and had a giant bully the USA and it's pesty partner Israel threatening war and sanctions I wouldn't sit idly by either.

Thank you for demonstrating some reason, common sense and fair play in regards to this story and the current situation with Iran.

The kind of truly questioning, analytical and considered post you made to correspond with the news piece is an actual credit to ATS, and what being an American is really about, which is really about promoting equal standards, truth and justice.

The real truth is to date Iran has committed no International Crime or carried out any act of aggression at any other nation.

They haven’t done anything to deserve being sanctioned other than their refusal to cave in to every unreasonable demand made my Israel, the United Kingdom, and the United States after having honored and fulfilled every actually lawful aspect of the International Atomic Energy Agency’s protocols which Iran has been a signatory party to since the mid 1970’s.

Conversely Israel refuses to sign these treaties or actually take part in the International Inspection process Iran is in full compliance with.

What’s more all of these accusations regarding weapons of mass destruction, sanctions, and the smear campaign against Iran’s regime is identical to the tactics used in the run up to the Iraq War and was the justification of the Iraq War.

Yet Iraq had not one weapon of mass destruction, to date over a million Iraqis have been killed or displaced as a result of our invasion, the country is still deeply immersed in sectarian power struggles that claim lives everyday, the democratic government we installed is not considered legitimate by the people of Iraq nor is it in control of Iraq, thousands of American lives have been lost and trillions of American dollars spent and the world nor Iraq is any safer or better off for it.

So yes, all of America should be questioning the government and the media as it attempts what is essentially an instant replay on Iran. Economically and morally the American people truly can’t afford another pointless war at their expense simply to secure Middle East oil at its source for American oil companies.

Iran has not attacked one nation since its 1978 revolution and becoming an Islamic Republic.

It takes courage to stand up to the religious xenophobes, Israeli Internet Defense Forces, and those who have been deceived yet again by the mainstream media’s and government’s playing of the weapons of mass destruction song, but standing up to them, and speaking out and for the truth is not just the right thing to do but the American thing to do and anyone who tells you otherwise hasn’t a real clue what America and being America is supposed to really be about!

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Don't mention it, It's my pleasure to give my opinion on this matter so long as there are equally sound of mind people out there such as yourself.

It truly BAFFLES me beyond comprehension how people are lapping up the exact same lies, the exact same deceit and total propaganda against Iran that was dished out to them prior to the Iraq invasion.

Iran has been completely open and honest about their nuclear program from day one, allowing inspectors to enter their enrichment sites, monitor them, and decide for themselves that there is absolutely not a shred of evidence whatsoever that they are trying to develop nuclear weapons.

Why can't people absorb this information? Why do they instead ignore these facts and continue to unquestionably support their government, the SAME government that led them into the current Iraq and Afghanistan using the same lies and propaganda?

Why do they unquestionably support Israel in this issue when Israel has not allowed inspectors into their nuclear facilities and do not declare their nuclear arsenal?

Israel are doing EXACTLY what they are rallying support for a war or sanctions or both against Iran for! All the while Iran have been compliant with the IAEA!

If the claims that the Iranian regime are apocalyptic in their ideology are true, then so what? Even if they do believe in a time of chaos before their religious leader will return to Earth so what? This is the grounds for sanctions and war now? This is the best people can come up with in their support for sanctions and probable eventual war?

There is no evidence that Iran is building or aiming to build nuclear weapons. All people have to go by is their American government and media spewing and churning the propaganda against Iran. No evidence whatsoever. Just like the case with Iraq.

I am not an American, I am an Australian, and as an international ally and fellow human being on this planet to all of you, it saddens me to know what is coming America's way...

I do not wish death or war or hate or violence against any single human soul, but unfortunately America has been doing this for too long now without receiving massive and hard hitting almost "karmic" consequences for its actions.

As much as I hate to say it, America is going to get what is coming to it, all as a result of the actions and lies of it's government and of course as always it will be the American people that will have to die and suffer and be at the receiving end of what's coming your way.

While the threat of false flag attacks exist, so does the hate filled revenge seeking people that want to see America die and burn for bombing their family, invading their country, killing and maiming ALL under false pretenses, more than likely aiming to take control over the middle-east in order to control all the oil in the region, as Protoplasmic Traveler has said.

And all you people out there who still support this, while it is your right to have your own opinion, need to make sure it is an informed and not brainwashed opinion... We all need to emerge from the cocoon of ignorance our nations leaders and governments have put us in.

As cliche' of ATS as it sounds, we need to wake up.

Iran are doing nothing wrong, have done nothing wrong, have attacked and killed nobody and as far as the evidence goes to show they do not PLAN on it either. It is our western governments that do this people, and we need to realize it.

[edit on 16-2-2010 by Nomad451]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Once again the "coalition" word rears it's ugly head, now where have we heard that before??? Hmmmm

english.people.com.cn...

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Okay something is amiss here. This is the same guy who is scared that Israel is going to attack his country, yet he is bold enough to "warn" the major powers of the world?

His country borders the Caspian Sea, that means no nukes or DU. Conventional weapons only.

This is like North Korea or North Vietnam. Russia will not permit a full scale invasion or takeover of this country. What is Russia supposed to do, let the west run over Iran and then put a bunch of military bases there?

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Ahmadinejad said negotiations over a UN-drafted nuclear fuel exchange were "not closed yet," and expressed readiness to buy the material even from Iran's arch-foe the United States.

That would be foolish. That would be giving TPTB a golden opportunity to stage a nuclear false flag.

It wouldn't matter if the uranium came from the USA, if they were selling it to Iran. They could set up Iran to look like the "nuclear terrorists" that they so desperately want...

[edit on 17/2/10 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Well It doesn't appear to me that the leaders on either side are listening to anyone and are just into some kind of power play with each other.. The Iranian leadership is not all innocent, and neither is anyone else..

I find it hard to grasp how anyone can take either side against the other when it will be humanity that suffers.. None of these leaderships are doves and are all after control of the ME..

Like in the pre-WW2 era nationalism and patriotism are on the rise, as are militarism.. The polictical landscape is confused and hypocritical, with a bunch of idiots running the world right now.. The economic landscape sucks and civil unrest is bubbling below the surface everywhere.. Lets not forget that includes Iran..

There have been a few good programmes on the Beeb (not that I like the beeb) about the youth in Iran who like the Communist Youth want all things our youth want.. For a religious society like Iran that is not good news, but Iranian youth want to have fun too..

So it would suit the Iranian leadership to have a war with the West, nationalism and patriotism are fantastic tools for that.. and it would suit the West to have a war with Iran to distract the populations from our economic woes..

On the global school playground, the big leaders of the world are pushing the little ones to fight.. and I for one am not going to take sides.. unless I have no choice.. and it will take a lot to get me to that point..

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
So its 5AM in the morning, i'm reading an article about this very topic. Here is a quote from CNN from another article about Chavez and Amadinejhad

"Ahmadinejad also wants to improve Iran's image after the brutal repression of demonstrators who objected to the outcome of the presidential election in June. Ahmadinejad was re-elected, but many Iranians believe the election was rigged." CNN

Now, I find it funny how CNN will report that another country has rigged elections and how the Iranian people believe something is going on behind the scenes, but they would never report issues like that in the USA. Nothing about how Americans believe 9/11 was rigged or the Bush election was rigged.

To stay on topic, Iran is doing as they please. I would sure like to see what happens to them in the very near future.

[edit on 17-2-2010 by deadforce]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Lets begin with a touch of reality here, any news that has been mass spamed like google does is not due to it being "news" but rather just a another cog in the infinite wheel of the mind controlling machine who's purpose to sublimely sway and eventually transform from a single person to a mass populace into an idea that has no real significance but serves the purpose of unseen war.
Google Asks NSA to Help Secure Its Network

Moving right along we should also consider the fact that due to a public hostile approach to anything relating to Arabs or Muslim's was a systematic media blitz aimed at re focusing that hostility to a potential and hypothetical new and future enemy of the U.S. , that being the Chinda and not Iran. Although only a trickle of news and small to medium business had opted to stop trading with various middle eastern companies as they felt it was in their interest of national security and at times simply due to pride. Those two basic choices did disrupt the economic relation ship between the two nations. What was disrupted, well here is a brief glimpse.

The Jeddah visit underscores the importance of Saudi Arabia as the leading global oil exporter as well as holder of about $400bn in foreign reserves, most of it believed in dollar-denominated assets. Because the country is so dependent on oil and gas exports - also denominated in dollars - economists do not believe Riyadh is considering any radical changes to its dollar holdings.

But the Saudi government has been selling off foreign assets in recent months to fund a massive government investment programme aimed at keeping its economy growing. Saudi foreign assets have dropped from a peak of $443.2bn last November to $395.2bn at the end of May.

And across the six countries of the Gulf Cooperation Council, foreign holdings have fallen around $300bn, which has likely helped to weaken the the dollar.

U.S. invites Gulf Arab Investment

Now back to the Iranian issue, why hasn't anyone simply researched the holding's of Iranian Petrochemical Investments, who are they associated with, why are they being systematically targeted on a religious front, ethical front, democratic front and last but not least why did Israel accept the responsibility of handling the full weight of any outcome. (Cost to lives, Trade, Financial Investments, Social Dissorder) (see ( Reliance ) and its ties with middle east and india )

[edit on 17-2-2010 by tristar]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
No it doesnt. Still more blah, blah, blah. From their herbal AIDS cure, to August 22nd, til this big announcement last week, NOTHING but fluff ever comes out of their mouths. They can only cry wolf so many times and now they just look like idiots.

Be on guard. They will send in their mighty airforce consisting of Iranian made stealth fighters. Your ships will be attacked by their stealth UAVs, flying stealth boats and stealth missiles.

You'll stand no chance against the might of the Iranian reverse-engineering war machine. One could wonder why they need Russian S-300 AA with their recent announcement about their invention of a hyper-modern anti air defense system similar to the Russian system.

I wonder what the next big thing they claim to have invented.

Disclaimer: for those trying to accuse me of being a warmonger, I'm not. Their threats and claims are merely pathetic. They simply have a big mouth but little power.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Some day the great America will be invaded, oppressed and enslaved (in a philosophical sense it already is)...then we will see how good it feels to be "liberated". What goes around comes around guys. Sadly almost the whole population won't deserve it, but they are to blame as well for letting their psychotic governments, generals and corporate big shots ruin this planet as we speak without raising a single finger.

But I truly hope the entire world will wake up and revolt, against these psychotic power hungry control freaks, before that happens.

[edit on 17-2-2010 by broli]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gouzze

blahh blahh blahh... you clearly are not american..

Whats that got to do with it?I couldnt give a toss if hes a martian he has every right to to post his views here no matter where he was born

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

nope im 31 . heres one that erks my brain when people bad mouth america the term americans describing the citizens is used when iran is bad mouthed only the upper teer of leaders is held accountable. Its a citizens responsibility to control their governments actions and the irnaian people have failed so i am not clearing them of blame as we americans are blamed in accordance with what our governments actions result in. this country iran is going to start a chain of events that as always THE USA will have to fix and people will die and the world will point there pathetic little opinions on us. but as usual damned if we do damned if we dont so yeah my opinion make the whole problem just go away poooof!!! in my opinion n korea and chavez should get the same. its time for america to stop tip toeing on egg shells and take control of this chaos that is our current global climate.
And by the way i have very good writing skills i just write short hand or as the thoughts come i feel odd editing my own converstaions sorry if i didnt spell things foe eh netically.
for you i cant stand the posters that point out spelling errors like there linguistic masters or to get the high ground.
but hey im just a stupid american

Be Well

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Well after last week's fiasco with the enriched uranium, Iran doesn't really have many playing cards left now do they?

Without accepting any sort of deal with the UN for the nuclear program, they continue to isolate themselves from the international community. Russia and China won't stand behind Iran if they see that it becomes more problematic then profitable.

Needless to say, any country who sides with Iran will be placed into the "Axis Of Evil" category by Israel, and the US would follow suit.

Ahmadinejad is blowing smoke to energize his base and pretend like the people of Iran actually like and respect their present form of government. Which we all know they don't.

~Keeper

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

...... pretend like the people of Iran actually like and respect their present form of government. Which we all know they don't.

~Keeper

....well the thing is and although this may sound odd or idiotic to you, that the majority of its citizens do see their nationally elected government as a proper and justified winner of the elections, contrary to what the media machine of the "Axis of Good" are bombarding us all with.

It does make insurgency a greater task and caution is at its highest level when dealing with Iran. As it simply cannot be compared to Iraq or Afghanistan. Keep in mind they have had 20 years preparing what was coming towards them and have studied very well the war maneuvers and logistics needed to move over 150.000 combat ready soldiers.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by tristar

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

...... pretend like the people of Iran actually like and respect their present form of government. Which we all know they don't.

~Keeper

....well the thing is and although this may sound odd or idiotic to you, that the majority of its citizens do see their nationally elected government as a proper and justified winner of the elections, contrary to what the media machine of the "Axis of Good" are bombarding us all with.

It does make insurgency a greater task and caution is at its highest level when dealing with Iran. As it simply cannot be compared to Iraq or Afghanistan. Keep in mind they have had 20 years preparing what was coming towards them and have studied very well the war maneuvers and logistics needed to move over 150.000 combat ready soldiers.

I agree that those who support the current administration are extremely happy with it. We all know however that it is a destructive regime. The people deserve better.

And yes they have been preparing and it won't be like either of the two wars already in progress that's for sure. Just the fact that they are surrounded by mountains, much bigger and have the support of Russia with China (probably), this will be like walking on egg shells if this powder keg explodes.

I know that the propaganda machine will stop at nothing to show that the Iranians want a "democracy", and I still think that there's a niche group, maybe as much as 30% to 40% want change, they simply don't have the majority support.

~Keeper

<< 1    3  4 >>

join