It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EarthQuake Prediction for Oregon 2/18/10

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I have a friend who says that she had a vivid image/dream/vision of a powerful earthquake that is going to strike Oregon this Friday 2/18/10 (Friday is actually 2/19/10) in the morning sometime. The epicenter will be in Woodburn Oregon. In her dream she saw paramedics pulling people out of houses miles away from the epicenter. She frantically ran around asking what day it was and was told this date. She says she has had visions before that have happened in real life. Most recent was a dream of a car crash that happened a few days later for a member of her family.

I'm not sure I believe her but...I told her that I would post it here. A quick google search showed a few other predictions of earthquakes in the region for January and February 2010 and there was a 1.0 earthquake in eastern Oregon on Sunday Feb 14th that was miles below the surface that could possibly be a precursor.

Keep in mind that this is not my prediction but my friends and she is so sure that it's going to happen that she's keeping her children home from school that day.

If it happens I'll post pictures and provide eyewitness accounts. I'm in the area. If not...well then we know that her visions are not real as I suspect. Still if she's right, I'd rather post the prediction.

Minor edit to add that she said both 2/18 and Friday in her prediction. So that either gives her a 2 day window or means she was just confused! lol

Cheers!

[edit on 16-2-2010 by amazing]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by amazing

Well let's hope she's wrong for the sake of the people who live there ... but if she happens to be right she is likely to become a very famous lady.

However, I don't know about keeping her children off school that day ... I think if I was her and believed my own premonition I'd be taking them out of state for the day !

Woody

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Isn't that Oregon one...the..the really big West coast one that sets off the that specific fault line?

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Oregon is long overdue for a large quake.

There have also been swarms of quakes in oregon for the last year or so.

As a resident, Ill let you know if the shakin' starts.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Wow, this reminds me how Washington and Oregon received a lot of money recently from some sort of disaster agency, I think FEMA. Something like that. I read about this like a month ago.

THAT is a strange coincidence.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC
Wow, this reminds me how Washington and Oregon received a lot of money recently from some sort of disaster agency, I think FEMA. Something like that. I read about this like a month ago.

You have any source?

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Well, if it doesn't come true a friend of mine is a shrink and I could refer her to him for you.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas

Originally posted by SpectreDC

You have any source?

Oregon and Washington have gotten a lot of funding from various agencies because of the different preparation exercises that have been taking place here.
I have certainly noticed a buildup of military vehicles in the area, as well as FEMA vehicles.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Better safe than sorry, but most would rather wait to see it happen.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Geeze, I move from the bay area in Cali out to Portland thinking to myself that at least I'll miss the BIG one and now you throw this at me...dangit.
I'm being followed by earthquake predictions!

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
I have certainly noticed a buildup of military vehicles in the area, as well as FEMA vehicles.

Where have you seen these things? I work in Portland and live a little ways east and I haven't seen a single thing like that. I've actually NEVER seen any military/fema whatever up here except for the fighter planes from the airport that fly over some times...

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I believe like anything things can change, I really hope this does not happen and I would rather come back to this thread in the reassurance that your friend was wrong, that’s what I can wish for...

Saying that don’t "not" listen to her... If she really has seen this in her dreams and visions it may well happen; something in the world may change and this event may not happen this time, I believe the future is just like water and can change path at any given moment...

I myself have had visions some happened, some did not... Others I could not gain enough from the vision to even know where it would happen, I just knew something in a large scale would, again sometimes it did... sometimes it did not.

As with all things like this, just be prepared and be alert, at the best you are ready to face an event which may give you just that little bit more chance to get safe. If nothing happens then you can sit back and relax and be thankful that this time she was wrong.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Lunar perigee is on Jan 29th. I think that would be a more likely candidate for a quake. However, the most likely time for a 7.0+ is during July 9 - 13. There is not only a perigee, but a solar eclipse. The last seven 7.0+ quakes all occured during eclipse + perigee. Let me be the first to predict a major quake during the above time frame. I just don't know where. Six of the last 7 happened in the SW Pacific. Only Haiti was on my side of the world.

[edit on 2/16/2010 by zachi]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Any sources for the FEMA sources ? I'm not living in the USA, but it could be cool to see sources when people said they watch FEMA cars or other governmental cars... but only if it in strange circonstances (high increase of sight, decrease... something real, not when you see a FEMA car crossing your county).

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Thanks for the posts. I'm hoping it doesn't happen but i used it as a great way to talk about emergency plans with my family tonight. We went over what to do in a fire and an earthquake and what calling 911 is all about, and a safe place to meet if the house "breaks" and where the fire escape ladder is kept and how to stop, drop and roll if you're on fire.

She's still pretty sure that this is going to happen. (My co-worker) so we'll just have to wait and see.

Cheers!

Edit to add that we had one along the same fault in the early 90's that destroyed a local high school.

www.oregonlive.com...

Scientists say there is a 10-14% chance of a magnitude 9.0 quake striking the oregon coast within the next 50 years.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by zachi
Lunar perigee is on Jan 29th. I think that would be a more likely candidate for a quake. However, the most likely time for a 7.0+ is during July 9 - 13. There is not only a perigee, but a solar eclipse. The last seven 7.0+ quakes all occured during eclipse + perigee. Let me be the first to predict a major quake during the above time frame. I just don't know where. Six of the last 7 happened in the SW Pacific. Only Haiti was on my side of the world.

[edit on 2/16/2010 by zachi]

I tend to agree with you. I had guessed the last lunar perigee (last month?) would induce a big quake but I was wrong. It will be interesting to see what this July holds in store for us. If a big one hits in July as you postulate, then maybe earthquake prone areas will begin issuing "earthquake watches" during such "eclipse + perigee" events.

As always, it never hurts to be prepared - let's hope the OP friend was wrong or that if it does happen it will not be as severe.

[edit on 16-2-2010 by nydsdan]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I live in portland oregon!!
I go to woodburn for shopping and I know where it is.

Will Portland be safe?

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by saabacura

She only said the epicenter was Woodburn. I'm actually pretty close to it...as far as she knows in her vision, Portland was safe.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by zachi
Lunar perigee is on Jan 29th. I think that would be a more likely candidate for a quake. However, the most likely time for a 7.0+ is during July 9 - 13. There is not only a perigee, but a solar eclipse. The last seven 7.0+ quakes all occured during eclipse + perigee.

Incorrect. On two counts.

The last perigee was on January 30.

The seven most recent 7.0+ earthquakes occurred neither at perigee nor near a solar eclipse.
1) January 12, 2010 Magnitude 7: No eclipse. 11 days after perigee.
2) January 3, 2010 Magnitude 7.1: No eclipse. 2 days after perigee.
3) November 9, 2009 Magnitude 7.3: No eclipse. 2 days after perigee.
4) October 7, 2009 Magnitude 7.7: No eclipse. 6 days before perigee.
5) October 7, 2009 Magnitude 7.8: No eclipse. 6 days before perigee.
6) October 7, 2009 Magnitude 7.4: No eclipse. 6 days before perigee.
7) September 30, 2009 Magnitude 7.5: No eclipse. 14 days before perigee.

Keeping in mind that it's 28 days between perigees there is a pretty good chance that an earthquake (or any other random event) will occur within a week or so of perigee.

The eclipse of July 22, 2009 occurred during perigee. There were no major earthquakes.

The next solar eclipse occurs on July 11, 2010. 2 days before perigee.

[edit on 2/16/2010 by Phage]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I commend your post because I too know the scrutiny faced with telling prophecies of dreams..., but thank you for telling us! S+F

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

Thanks! Have you had any predictions that have come true yourself? I figure this is the best test. It's documented and if it happens then she's amazing! If not, well that's ok, I just won't be posting any more of her visions.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join