It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EarthQuake Prediction for Oregon 2/18/10

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by PlausibleDeniability
Geeze, I move from the bay area in Cali out to Portland thinking to myself that at least I'll miss the BIG one and now you throw this at me...dangit.
I'm being followed by earthquake predictions!

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
I have certainly noticed a buildup of military vehicles in the area, as well as FEMA vehicles.

Where have you seen these things? I work in Portland and live a little ways east and I haven't seen a single thing like that. I've actually NEVER seen any military/fema whatever up here except for the fighter planes from the airport that fly over some times...

I live in SW portland. There is an army reserve base that has been empty for the 3 years Ive lived here, until around august. Since then there has been a continual buildup of Humvees and other vehicles.

Also, I have seen convoys on Hwy 26 heading inward from the coast on 3 seperate occasions lately(although this may simply be transportation between bases).

In the Beaverton area (mostly around murray and allen if you are familiar with the area) I have seen 5 different FEMA mobile communication vans.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by amazing

On Friday, February 18, 2011 there will be a full moon at 3:36 a.m. EST. Is it possible your friend just assumed it was going to happen this year? The 2011 date would resolve the discrepancy between February 18th and the event taking place on a Friday.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by AntManBee

Good points!

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

My birthday is on the 19th so I will cross my fingers that no shaking happens. In the last week or 2 Oregon coast has seen 2 3+ mag quakes and I have had a gut feeling we would see more action. I check throughout the day on equake but so far nothing.

I will also admit my gut has told me far more things that haven't happened before

My wife has visions that come true and I have been bugging her if anything popped up and she just says, nope. I'm betting she is more right then my gut feeling.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage, you are correct. Let me try to say what I mean a little more clearly. If you have a new or full moon occuring at an eclipse or at perigee, it causes earthquakes. Review there quakes:
Haiti 7.0 - Jan 12, 2010
Jan 15th annular eclipse of the Sun + New Moon

Solomon Islands 7.4 - October 07, 2009 VANUATU
Oct 13 perigee + Full Moon – October 4

Andaman 7.6 - August 10, 2009 ANDAMAN ISLANDS, INDIA REGION
August 6 penumbral lunar eclipse + Full Moon

New Ireland - 6.7 June 23, 2009 PAPUA NEW GUINEA
New Moon + perigee June23

New Zealand - 7.7 Jul 15, 2009 West Coast of South Island, NZ
New Moon (eclipse) 22nd + perigee 21st

Sulawesi - 7.2 2009 February 11 KEPULAUAN TALAUD, INDONESIA
Full Moon (eclipse) 10th + perigee 7th
I hope this is a clearer picture of what I was trying to say. Earthquakes can occur from many reasons, but when you have perigee syzygy and eclipses, quakes are extremely likely.
June 26th is suspect, but July 11 is strongly disposed to a quake with all three markers:
Full moon + eclipse July 11 + perigee on the 13th

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Well tomorrow is the 18th. But I truly believe in her vision/dream she meant Friday the 19th. She was clear on Friday when speaking to me.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by zachi

A solar eclipse always happens at a New Moon. You have also added lunar eclipses to the mix (which always happen during a Full Moon). But there is no reason at all to expect an eclipse of either sort to have any more effect than a Full or New Moon. The only difference is that the Moon's shadow falls on the Earth during a solar eclipse and the Earth's shadow falls on the Moon during a lunar eclipse. The tidal forces are no different.

You haven't used the "7 most recent" earthquakes. Out of 16 7.0+ earthquakes in the past year you have selected 7. Using selective data is frowned upon in scientific circles. But lets look at them anyway:

As I said, the Haiti earthquake happened 11 days after perigee, 5 days before perigee. Three days before New Moon (and the eclipse). Nothing special.

Solomon Islands. 9 days after apogee, 6 days before perigee. Three days after the Full Moon. Nothing special.

Andaman Islands. 6 days after apogee, 9 days before perigee. Four days after the Full Moon (and lunar eclipse). Nothing special.

New Ireland. At perigee. 1 day after the New Moon.

New Zealand. Eight days after apogee. 6 days before perigee. 7 days before the New Moon (and eclipse). Nothing special.

Sulawesi/Indonesia. Four days after perigee. On the Full Moon (and lunar eclipse).

Out of these examples we have:
4 before perigee, around the midpoint between perigee and apogee.
2 which occurred 4 days after perigee. A third of the way to apogee.
1 which occurred at perigee
Perigee does not seem significant.

3 which occurred on either a full or new moon
1 which occurred 7 days before a new moon (half way from full)
1 which occurred on the day after a new moon.
2 which occurred 3 or more days after a full moon.
If there is any correlation here it is very tenuous and depends on how far you want to stretch. 1 day? 2 days? A week?

1 which occurred three days before a solar eclipse
1 which occurred four days after a lunar eclipse
2 which occurred two days after a lunar eclipse
1 which occurred a week before an eclipse.
2 which occurred the day of an eclipse.
Same comment as for Moon phases. If you extend the period far enough you get a match. But, there is no reason to expect anything different than for "normal" full and new moons.

I don't think the Moon is a reliable means of forecasting earthquakes though many have tried to use it. It seems reasonable that the increased tidal effects associated with full (and new) Moons could have an effect on earthquakes and that perigeal full (and new) Moons would have an even greater effect. But there is no statistical evidence to support the theory. If you look at all the earthquakes there is just no correlation. They just seem to happen whenever and almost where ever they want.

[edit on 2/17/2010 by Phage]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Aspects of my dreams come true for me each and every single day.

Mostly my random symbology- like I dream of a snake, or a plane and I encounter a snake the next day or a plane crashes. Every day I dream something the night before that comes true.

My large dreams, prophecies I feel, are futuristic and forecast a future of alien invasion, and nuclear war. Most of these dreams I am being trained in- by preparing me by fighting and surviving in my dreams.

I believe I will survive the cataclysms to come, I charted it before I incarnated here.

Dreams however, CAN be purely symbolic. But, its better safe than to be sorry

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

Wow! well don't leave me hanging! How far into the future is the nuclear war or alien invasion? which comes first? How do you survive?

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I love the way you laid that out in complete layman's terms. Very simple, complete and informative. I find it very hard to argue with that.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by zachi

BS, The quakes always happen into two weeks before or after a full moon. Take the recent one by North Korea for example. This is one to keep an eye on. God willing it wont happen here or off the coast. If its coastal then you can kiss the whole Olympics bye bye.

kalender-365.de...

This is just south of Portland, not a good place to have an earthquake.
en.wikipedia.org...

Not a good place at all.
vulcan.wr.usgs.gov...

[edit on 17-2-2010 by Sky watcher]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

The quakes always happen two weeks before or after a full moon.

That's one way to put it.
Two weeks before and two weeks after is a month. Earthquakes always happen in a month.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by amazing

Woodburn sits right on top of a fault line and at the northern end of it no less. If I was in that town reading this thread I would take a long vacation.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Historical Perspective...

Timeline Results, Earthquakes in Oregon

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
well thursday and friday we will see. this will be very intriguing though if she is right.dope info though. definently gonna watch ats and the news those days. news for coverage ats for the bashing if it doesn't happen. gud luck my g

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

The quakes always happen two weeks before or after a full moon.

That's one way to put it.
Two weeks before and two weeks after is a month. Earthquakes always happen in a month.

Oh yeah BAD earthquakes? Hey Mr.know nothing your last post just proved the theory so stow it. I know you like to debunk EVERYTHING but your way out of your league here.

Read this. www.jstor.org...
Now go study some more.

[edit on 17-2-2010 by Sky watcher]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Really?
Do you know what lunar phase is two weeks before a full moon?
How about two weeks after?

You should if you watch the sky much.

[edit on 2/17/2010 by Phage]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by zachi
reply to post by Phage

Phage, you are correct. Let me try to say what I mean a little more clearly. If you have a new or full moon occuring at an eclipse or at perigee, it causes earthquakes. Review there quakes:
Haiti 7.0 - Jan 12, 2010
Jan 15th annular eclipse of the Sun + New Moon

Solomon Islands 7.4 - October 07, 2009 VANUATU
Oct 13 perigee + Full Moon – October 4

Andaman 7.6 - August 10, 2009 ANDAMAN ISLANDS, INDIA REGION
August 6 penumbral lunar eclipse + Full Moon

New Ireland - 6.7 June 23, 2009 PAPUA NEW GUINEA
New Moon + perigee June23

New Zealand - 7.7 Jul 15, 2009 West Coast of South Island, NZ
New Moon (eclipse) 22nd + perigee 21st

Sulawesi - 7.2 2009 February 11 KEPULAUAN TALAUD, INDONESIA
Full Moon (eclipse) 10th + perigee 7th
I hope this is a clearer picture of what I was trying to say. Earthquakes can occur from many reasons, but when you have perigee syzygy and eclipses, quakes are extremely likely.
June 26th is suspect, but July 11 is strongly disposed to a quake with all three markers:
Full moon + eclipse July 11 + perigee on the 13th

The moon isn't the one actually causing this directly. It's haarp and the occult. Sacrifices.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

please tell me you are being sarcastic, I think you are, especially if you are saying that Phage is out of his league.

the two weeks before or after a full moon is priceless. If you are serious I am throwing that in sig line, flippin hilarious

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

The reason you see humvees on the road and freeways is that the army is doing pmcs. I am in the reserves and every drill we drive our vehicles for at least 20 minutes. And we do it in convoys.

A buildup is nothing. The reserves get a lot of money to modernize. We just a few month ago got a brand new humvee, and the other unit got a new 5ton. Or maybe a unit is set to deploy and is building up for that.

And yes there is a Army reserve base in portland, a engineer one i think. Maybe they are there vehicles.

[edit on 17-2-2010 by Foodman]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   

hehe. yeah it could be a rough day here! LOL of course it could be nothing.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join