It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EarthQuake Prediction for Oregon 2/18/10

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by amazing

Bummer.
But not really, I guess.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by amazing
Ok I'm calling this one a fail. I posted because it was someone I knew and she was pretty sure this vision was true. Sometimes a dream is just a dream. Of course if a major one hits tomorrow...thats close enough for me but...

Not sometimes. A dream is always just a dream. Not once has a prediction ever come true. Not one. No one has ever accurately predicted anything.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamcamouflage

Ok I'm calling this one a fail. I posted because it was someone I knew and she was pretty sure this vision was true. Sometimes a dream is just a dream. Of course if a major one hits tomorrow...thats close enough for me but...

Not sometimes. A dream is always just a dream. Not once has a prediction ever come true. Not one. No one has ever accurately predicted anything.

Wide sweeping generalizations much? There have been possible instances.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solasis

Wide sweeping generalizations much? There have been possible instances.

Please indulge me with some evidence of dreams predicting anything. People are not able to predict the future it is fact until proven otherwise.

And how does "possible instances" amount to anything.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Please indulge me with some evidence of dreams predicting anything. People are not able to predict the future it is fact until proven otherwise.

And how does "possible instances" amount to anything.

It is NOT fact until proven otherwise. That's a horrible definition of fact. it is PROBABLE until proven otherwise.

I'm not super into prophetic dreams so I can't cite any specific examples, and if we made a new thread about this I'm sure we'd catch someone who could. But the significance of "possible instances" is that they are instances of possible prophetic dreams which have not been proven to have not been prophetic dreams; if things are "fact until proven otherwise", these must be prophetic dreams. :p

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Well with predictions...I think the only way to prove it at all is if someone has one. To post it here, and then after the time has passes, we know if it's true or not. I find it hard to look back on some past predictions because they aren't precise (for example: Nostrodamus) They could be interpreted too many different ways. The Bible code--It's too complex for me to understand therefore they could just be putting anything in there and telling me its true and Silvia Brown who is (depending on the year) a little under or a little over 50% correct.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

The subject of prediction and/or prophetic or extra sensory abilities have been researched by govts and universities for many many years. And there has not been any evidence that any of these things are possible or real.

By your definition, I could claim that anything is true until you disprove me. That is not how science works. If you want to claim that people have the ability to predict the future, it is on you to provide evidence for such a claim. It is not up to me to disprove a claim.

I could just as easily say that unicorns are real and its up to you to disprove my claim. While it may be possible that on some far off planet a unicorn is a real creature, until we have evidence of this we have to say that they are not real. So you are free to claim that prediction is real but until you have evidence, the facts show that it is not possible. Thus it being current fact that prediction is not possible.

This site is full of "predictions" and not one has ever been shown to be accurate outside of random coincidence or generalized claim. Do a search for the term "earthquake" on this site. See what comes up tons of predictions and not one came true. It makes more sense to look at the events and then go back and see if anyone predicted it. Are there any predictions out there for the recent earthquake in Hati? What about the Tsunami in Indonesia? What about 9/11? None.

For example, I can say that there will be a terrible earthquake in the area of southern california in the next 10 years and it is likely that it would happen. But that does not mean that i have special abilities or am able to predict the future.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Is it possible that as we become more conscious of our creative abilities, we create these disaster scenarios within our minds so we won't have to experience them in the "real" world?

For example, Roland Emmerich has destroyed the world countless times on the big screen. His latest smash hit "2012" is cliche piled on top of cliche in a way that allows us to acknowledge our fear of nature's raw power and get it out of our system. As the character Charlie Frost said, "Something like this could only happen in Hollywood." And we know the story well: Noah gets on the ark, and J.C. saves the day.

So it's probably better that there are ways to act out what we fear, lest our demons own us and not the other way around. This way, World War 3 can still take place, but in a virtual video game environment, a world of its own. And for those loyal to prophecy and scripture, rest easily knowing they're being fulfilled anyway, but we have the option of "making up" Armageddon instead of being subjected to it.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by RSM90
"February 28 2010, there will be a disaster”

/\There's/\ another strong statement that we wont have to wait long to actually see if it's truly a legit prediction and it could turn out to be solid evidence and proof that alien abductions are in fact a reality and Extraterrestrial life exists!

Source: www.ufoinfo.com...
(Scroll down to #75)

[edit on 19-2-2010 by RSM90]

[edit on 19-2-2010 by RSM90]

BUMP
Woe, if thats true what kind of disaster could it be; an earthquake perhaps, since 2010 is supposedly the year of the earthquake! But really it could be anything--What do ATSers think?

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
OOps, posted reply in wrong thread....but I like this one too, no earthquakes here people, move along, move along...

[edit on 25-2-2010 by Xcouncil=wisdom]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

reply to post by Solasis

The subject of prediction and/or prophetic or extra sensory abilities have been researched by govts and universities for many many years. And there has not been any evidence that any of these things are possible or real.

So in this instance its ok to trust the government? Please.

I think it is possible to have a glimpse into the future through dreams. We still just don't know enough about what is actually going on when we dream to make any certain claims that is not possible.

www.september11news.com...

"The day before terrorists attacked New York and Washington, a fifth-grader in a Dallas suburb told his teacher World War III would begin the next day, school officials have told the FBI."

"Lucich said the child's statements were passed along to the FBI. She said she did not know whether the agency had acted on the tip. An FBI spokesman could not be reached for comment."

People with special "mind powers" ARE of great interest to the Government. Just because we don't see Jedi patrolling the street doesn't mean that they aren't being developed by some black op contractor.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by doobydoll
this is weird.
the last 2 nights i havent slept at all which is unusual for me, and this afternoon i was very tired and thought i'd have a lie down before work to see if i could nod off for an hour.
instead of nodding off i had a 'dream' of some sort of major disaster like an earthquake or volcano. i saw the ground and trees shaking violently, clouds of either smoke, steam or dust billowing around, military-type vehicles rushing past or some sort of evacuation, it was dark as if at night, between the clouds of smoke or dust i could see parts of the sky looked red. this is all i saw, i've no idea where this is. i dont know what it is, could be earthquake, could be volcano, could be me that's finally gone off my rocker.
anyway i sat up and wrote all this down on a notepad, then thought i'd search on here to see if anything of this nature had happened yet and i found this very recent thread - hence my post.
we can only wait and see if i'm crazy or not.

i have just been on another thread where it was reported that the sky changed colour when the earthquake happened in chile, a youtube link was included (sorry i cant find it now) that showed parts of the sky between the clouds had turned red. if someone can find it can you put it on here cos i dont know how to put links in and all that - sorry everyone. is what i posted last week a coincidence or did i really see the chilean earthquake before it happened?? what do you guys think? i'm spooked.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Post more ... She got it right but she got it wrong
The quake happened in Chile not Oregon
If you look at the area of the quake it looks a lot like where I used to live in Oregon farms and trees

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by iamcamouflage

People who don't want to believe never will. If it had happened on the day she said, exactly as she predicted, it would be claimed as a coincidence. This sort of thing has to be experienced for ones self. At some point there is only subjective reality.

To you, iamcamouflage, in your reality maybe it doesn't exist. But it has happened to me before that things I have dreamed about happened the next day. I have no way to prove what I dreamed about the night before as there is no camera that can record that. However I did tell my husband what I dreamed and then it happened. I also have weird random dreams that don't come true, so one could claim that it is all just random. Even a great prophet would not have only significant dreams.

There is no possible way to prove or disprove this.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Sorry, it is now March 1, 2010, and still haven't heard of any reports of an earthquake in Oregon. There was a major quake in Chile though.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by AmethystSD

So we should just assume that it is possible?

And you nailed it on the head when you said that you have had lots of crazy dreams that didnt come true. It is coincidence.

The human brain is excellent at pattern recognition and we tend to only notice the positive hits.

Example: You sit down for dinner and the phone rings. You think to yourself, every time I sit down for dinner someone calls me, never fails. But in reality, the phone rings all the time and most dinners are probably eaten without the phone interrupting you, but we do not remember or assign significance to the non-event.

Same goes for dreams, we dream all the time and the majority of dreams do not result in a hit in real life, so we assign no value to those dreams. We only assign value when what we dreamed happens in real life. I have had this happen to me as well but it is merely coincidence.

If you documented every dream every night for a year and made a note on the ones that came true, you would find that the ones that "came true" would represent a minuscule percentage of the total dreams, this negates any predictive value. If less than 1/2 of 1% of my dreams come true, how can you argue that it is prediction and not just random coincidence?

If I sat down tonight and make 1000 random predictions for what will happen tomorrow and 1 happens to be right, can I claim that I am psychic?

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

reply to post by AmethystSD

So we should just assume that it is possible?

Well, yes. Or, rather, we should not assume that it is impossible. Should we act as if it is possible? Probably not. But if we cannot prove it one way or another, there is no reason to declare it impossible.

Of course, perhaps we can prove it one way or another, as we have with this particular prediction. And maybe there is some way, as yet unused, to disprove prophetic dreams' generalized existence. but until that method is used or a method is used to prove it true...

we must assume it to not be impossible, else Dogma has infested us.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   

You sir are so wrong it is not even funny. There have been MANY predictions that have occurred as seen. We have had several posted in these same forums, but of course someone such as yourself would never believe it even if you are shown, so I have to wonder why do you have to waste your time, and every one else's and post such dribble.

Here is one post showing "some" predictions which have occurred.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

BTW, Phage shouldn't be the one to talk, he claimed nothing would occur from the enormous filament in the Sun, yet as the CMEs were predicted to arrive on the 27th or 29th the Chile Earthquake occurred.

Witnesses of the earthquake even mentioned that the sky was changing colors, and at least some people thought it was the end of the world because of the changing sky.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by iamcamouflage

As far as predictions go...

This may be of some interest to you (maybe not).

www.lux-aeterna.co.nz...

I also suggest searching Edgar Cayce and some of his predictions if you are unfamiliar with him. Just my thoughts, but do as you please.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   

I have a friend who says that she had a vivid image/dream/vision of a powerful earthquake that is going to strike Oregon this Friday 2/18/10 (Friday is actually 2/19/10) in the morning sometime. The epicenter will be in Woodburn Oregon. In her dream she saw paramedics pulling people out of houses miles away from the epicenter. She frantically ran around asking what day it was and was told this date. She says she has had visions before that have happened in real life. Most recent was a dream of a car crash that happened a few days later for a member of her family.

I'm not sure I believe her but...I told her that I would post it here. A quick google search showed a few other predictions of earthquakes in the region for January and February 2010 and there was a 1.0 earthquake in eastern Oregon on Sunday Feb 14th that was miles below the surface that could possibly be a precursor.

Keep in mind that this is not my prediction but my friends and she is so sure that it's going to happen that she's keeping her children home from school that day.

If it happens I'll post pictures and provide eyewitness accounts. I'm in the area. If not...well then we know that her visions are not real as I suspect. Still if she's right, I'd rather post the prediction.

Minor edit to add that she said both 2/18 and Friday in her prediction. So that either gives her a 2 day window or means she was just confused! lol

Cheers!

[edit on 16-2-2010 by amazing]

[edit on 16-2-2010 by amazing]

Today is Friday.

My firefox quake alert says two earthquakes just hit Oregon. Here is the link:

earthquake.usgs.gov...

"Magnitude 4.9 - OFF THE COAST OF OREGON
2010 March 13 04:53:41 UTC

Versión en Español

* Details
* Maps
* Scientific & Technical

Earthquake Details
Magnitude 4.9
Date-Time

* Saturday, March 13, 2010 at 04:53:41 UTC
* Friday, March 12, 2010 at 07:53:41 PM at epicenter
* Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

Location 44.358°N, 129.263°W
Depth 10 km (6.2 miles) set by location program
Region OFF THE COAST OF OREGON
Distances

* 410 km (255 miles) W (273°) from Yachats, OR
* 413 km (256 miles) WNW (288°) from Barview, OR
* 413 km (257 miles) W (271°) from Waldport, OR
* 491 km (305 miles) W (276°) from Eugene, OR
* 537 km (334 miles) WSW (258°) from Portland, OR

Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 5.8 km (3.6 miles); depth fixed by location program
Parameters NST=193, Nph=193, Dmin=475.6 km, Rmss=1.22 sec, Gp=187°,
M-type=body wave magnitude (Mb), Version=7
Source

* USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)

Event ID us2010tuar"

There was also a 4.2 after this one.

Both were off the coast of Oregon.

These dont seem to be causing great harm though?

This friend of yours may still be correct, maybe somehow the date was off or something.

Anyway it seems this prediction did come true!!

Have you spoken to your friend lately?

Can you update us?

Thanks!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join