It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For all those expierencing "time line" shifts.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Many people are misapplying Occam's Razor here. There are two elements that people are ignoring -- That it is only to be applied when all other things are equal and that it states that, under those circumstances, the simplest answer is the preferred one, not the correct one. The second fragment of this is probably the most academically interesting, but the least important at this moment, so I'll oversimplify and say: not everyone has to accept Occam's Razor, and when all other things are equal, I personally prefer the more complex one. But others hold Occam's Razor. So, are all other things equal?

Consider the Nelson Mandela case. It's not so simple as "people misremembered" -- this is a widespread faulty memory which is faulty in exactly the same way. So there are several options:

(1) something similar to the universe-hopping theory

(2) people's memories are faulty and are being triggered by seeing other people talk about the same thing, and the memories are all identical in these people -- has anyone suggested that Mandella died in the 80s but he wasn't probably killed by the guards? i dont' think so!

(3) there is a rampant and active alteration of some people's memories.

And a few others which I haven't thought of. Which of these is the most simple? Well, the way I stated it, (2) is the most complex -- look at all those words! (okay, that was facetious.) But it involves complex psychology and doesn't explain the fact that many people report having this conversation PRIOR to this phenomenon's appearance on ATS. (1) may seem to be the most complex, because it works with things that we don't understand -- but if it really involves quantum events, which are, apparently, completely natural in origin, then who is to say that it's not extraordinarily simple? There just happened to be a quantum event which brought memories or entire persons from one universe to another.

So what I'm really saying is: before you cite Occam's Razor, make sure you're citing it in full.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
here, this may help - realityshifters.com... - i think i may start gathering info and starting a new thread on jumping dimensions.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Oh my trash!! I was reading all of you guys reply's and snickering that you thought Australia moved and just for kicks I pulled up a map of the World. I remember Australia being way out in the middle of nowhere and now it's like almost UNDER China. What the junk is going on?

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I have never heard about Billy Graham dying, but I do remember that Jerry Falwell died a few years ago...2007 I believe. Is it possible that maybe there is just a mix up about which televangelist died on the part of those who are so sure that it was Billy Graham? No disrespect intended...

I also remember learning in history that there were two bombs dropped on Japan during WWII.

I do like this thread though. I have found it pretty intresting. I'm not sure about the whole time line shift thing, but I'm certaily open to the idea that it could possibly exisit.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
here's other topics similar to this one:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and another one i have yet to read in full - www.abovetopsecret.com...

enjoy!!!

[edit on 15-2-2010 by I.C. Weiner]

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
and to think ELVIS is alive and well, or maybe it's just to do with being shifted through time over and over again.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Ironically, while reading this thread, I started thinking about the TV series "Sliders" with Quinn Mallory. Worm hole sliding between parallel worlds and such.... I remember watching this with my husband...

I looked it up and saw that the series ran from 1995-2000- This was a shock because I graduated from internship, went through residency and had 2 kids during that time. I don't remember the TV ever being on. My husband traveled 50 weeks out of the year then and was only home on the weekends. I don't have any memory of there being 5 seasons. I remember 3, I think. Seasons 4 & 5 are completely foreign to me in content and cast. For me, this show definitely happened prior to 1995...

I like the physics explanation posted prior best. Maybe we are just becoming better at noticing and communicating?

There is no proof to be had. Only acceptance.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by redgy
and to think ELVIS is alive and well, or maybe it's just to do with being shifted through time over and over again.

Do not mock Barry please :p

I'm all for this dimension jumping.

I just want to hear the stories of what these other dimensions were like.

-m0r

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by GNRevolution

I'll second the Fats Domino thing.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
stay with me on this one, Ok where i am from is what you might consider the future, or what the future was suppose to be, it was 2020-2025 (somewhere around there)

at the time i was in the states (or somewhere equally hot) anyway most people were into hard drugs, and screwing eachother left and right (alot of diseases) anyway rescoures were going low, so humanity made a final large jump for mars to colonize it, and at some point after they colonized it (btw mars has #ty rescoures most already used)

i dont remeber excat details but one warm day one earth a dimenional rift opened, and ships came out, alot of them, it wasnt just another dimenion, it was what scienists called the "para-dimenions" they werent happy how humans were living thier lives, the ships destoryed life on mars and most life on earth, and something happened time reveresed, and now i am living in this time.

some of the bulidings look weird now, which are historical buildings never touched, dont look as they use to, much of the wooden ad-ons are gone.

Anyway i have a theory of why this is happening, when these beings in thier ships came, they mightr have done something unexecpt weather our universe can withstand or or not, a hole was made in time, causeing the "timeslips" many have noticed today

there are many other universes and dimenions, of course most people have no idea whats happening, the physics you guys have today is kinda small compared to the physics i was taught.

But there are many changes, some of it is differnt life we have in the ocean, human mental capacity is higher then it was, we are more advanced at this time then we were during the "past future"

although i dont have all the answers i hope this helps to show how #ed up our timeline is

my dad is a cop in the opp (ontario police) he is really high up, and one day he said "Anthony dont be suprised if the goverment annouances that they have been in contact with aliens for decades" and went on to explain his theory of how our timeline was altered

the "past future" there was NO contact with aliens , NO ufo sightings, and no aduction claims, and also like 95% of the population stoped believeing in a god or higher being, and many of them were simple minded

but in this timeline there are ufo sightings, i have another theory, that the the same "para-dimenional" beings went back a little bit futher in time, to give a stronger study of us, reasons? havn't got a clue, but if they wanted us dead we would be dead

maybe a second chance to change humanitys ways?
give your thoughts

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Actually on the subject of close calls and near death experiences, i had one really weird experience last year, you know those head rushes you can occasionally have if you get up real quick and your vision goes a bit funny?

Well the night before i had one i was having really weird thoughts in bed, like existence stuff but it wasn't pleasant as i was in a half asleep dream like state, the next morning i was at the computer and had this weird rush of thoughts again and came over all funny, as i tried to get up to walk it off i had a head rush but it went so far i blacked out, i woke up to some more weird feelings and although freaky after a little while i was fine.

I've only had another comparable head rush in school while playing sports, everything got really bright and i couldn't open my eyes, but no black out, the opposite, i had to sit down, one more weird bit to mention is i could see some of the little rocks in the concrete glowed as if they had an aura, weird, anyway that last bit is going a bit off topic, probably good for another thread.

Has anyone else has had any weird experiences like this, anything like near death experiences, close calls, blackouts, weird thought patterns etc?

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
People's memories are imperfect

In exactly the same way about the same things. Fascinating. How do you account for that?

Out of all the people in the World, why Graham? Of all the places, why NZ? Of all the events?

Why the same series of people, places and events?

A whole series of people of different ages, places of living, experiences, whose imperfect memories are imperfect in exactly the same way about the same thing over years and years of memories?

Really? THAT seems more plausible to you?

That wouldn't just bust your nut with as being very unlikely?

Originally posted by davesidious
So we either have:

1. A bunch of people somehow keeping memories across hitherto-unknown, completely undocumented and unproven "time shifts", completely congruent with having an imperfect memory

or

2. Peoples' memories are imperfect

I know which one is the most likely. Occam's razor...

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by circumpunct

are you confusing quantum leap with sliders? i re-read your post several times and thought the same thing, then remembered the show quantum leap.....

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Before reading the rest of this thread, I am going to post my theory on what's possibly going on, and this really is an interesting theory at least to me, it has to do with holographic universe theory/higher self/source, et al. I actually was thinking on this because of the NZ/AUS thread. Just as another possibility. Here is what David Bohm (sp)? says about our brain in his theory:
"The storage of memory is not the only neurophysiological puzzle that becomes more tractable in light of Pribram's holographic model of the brain. Another is how the brain is able to translate the avalanche of frequencies it receives via the senses (light frequencies, sound frequencies, and so on) into the concrete world of our perceptions. Encoding and decoding frequencies is precisely what a hologram does best. Just as a hologram functions as a sort of lens, a translating device able to convert an apparently meaningless blur of frequencies into a coherent image, Pribram believes the brain also comprises a lens and uses holographic principles to mathematically convert the frequencies it receives through the senses into the inner world of our perceptions. An impressive body of evidence suggests that the brain uses holographic principles to perform its operations. Pribram's theory, in fact, has gained increasing support among neurophysiologists."

Here:The holographic universe

My idea is this: what if this theory is correct and reality, the hologram, is based on a consensus of our higher selves and the source? For instance, certain events just weren't accepted or made a very strong impact on a great number of people, only a few, and for the sake of going along with the most accepted consensus of the events, the hologram reflects those...mathematically if 90 percent of the people alive beleive one thing and the 10 percent believe another, the winning beleif will rule reality, of course with those things close in realtion directly to the observer, personal things like bdays, anniversaries, social events, would be totally subjective, so anything slight that would change would only be based on other persons presences, so the consensus would be based on a smaller group, but still the same principal. I hope you can follow what I am trying to say, but in relation to reality being based on the accepted consensus of reality, that means that nobody necissarily had to move anywhere, just that the source, higher selves, or collective consciousness views the reality this way, so most people accept that reality as a common reality, but for whatever reason, some of us still see the events as having happened the way we recall, therefore the discrepancy. Just a thought. I don't know if I stated clearly what I was trying to get across.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
When the nervous system is deprived of sensory input, it will generate is own in the form of hallucinations. Isolation, deprivation seen in religious who are away from society and also Joshua Slocum, the 1st person to sail alone around the world.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Thats a very interesting theory, it would certainly explain why some of us remember differently.
I wonder if that means we are 'outside the concensus' and not subject to the majority's preception of reality.

hmmmm

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by I.C. Weiner

Thanks for asking, but no. Quantum Leap was another one that we watched with Scott Bakula. Both are memorable because at the time my husband liked the subject matter waaaay more than me...

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I think that maybe some of you guys are confusing Winnie Mandela's death with Nelson's. I think she actually did die in prison in the late 80's or early 90's.

Btw... First post.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by kilowogdm1
I think that maybe some of you guys are confusing Winnie Mandela's death with Nelson's. I think she actually did die in prison in the late 80's or early 90's.

Btw... First post.

en.wikipedia.org...

She is still alive too. If anyone besides you clearly remembers her death, then we might just have a lead on what's going on if there are time shifts... Maybe the Mandelas are really really important to someone's plans!

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I'm sorry... "time line shifts"?

There is a reason that its called a time LINE. It doesn't shift.

Silly mildly dilusional people.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join