It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For all those expierencing "time line" shifts.

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Creatrix1

Not sure what its worth, but there was a much fought about alternate ending of that movie that was filmed. I do not know it it was ever released. It was decided to be left out, after allot of debate, due to the belief it might influence the thoughts of children on divorce or something.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
About that Australia and NZ thing..I read the thread and looked at the map. They are not exactly where I remember them being from high school geography, but since that was more than 30 years ago, I'm chalking mine up to faulty memory. But, it leads me to a question. Are all the experiences here with OZ and NZ just from looking at maps? Did anybody actually travel there, sail by or fly over when it was different?

I'm not really going anywhere with this, just curious.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedude69
I have not skipped a beat, so I do not know what you guys are really experiencing in reference to time line shifts, but I do suggest a good anti-psychotic like lamotrigine or zyprexa. I am not a doctor, only an aspiring philosopher so take what I say with a grain of salt, and good luck on your epic journeys.

SVESACK

Thank god you're not a doctor, if you'd put all your psychotic patients on lamotrigine (which is an anticonvulsant, not anti-psychotic)

But pedantry aside, I would like to but in to this really quite interesting thread.

The NZ/Australia question: Yes, I do remember things differently: NZ was due south of australia, in a straight line through tasmania. And I totally don't remember australia being so close to indonesia and papua new guinea. But I really can't see how a time-slip or any change in a timeline could cause that. Now, as much as I hate to admit it, I think I might have just misinterpreted australia's isolation. And I like think I'm a relatively smart cookie, with an interest in world politics (and associated geography) so that's a bit of an embarassing mistake. But someone did point out the colossal changes over billions of years, and of the entire structure of the world that would be the only thing to bring that change about. I think australia's generally so far removed from ourselves in the northern hemisphere, that it's very easy to harbour misconceptions about it...

I want to also suggest a rationale for the commonly held memory that Mandela died in prison in the 80s. In 1977, Stephen Biko (a black, anti-apartheid political leader in south africa) was arrested and imprisoned in SA. He died in prison shortly afterward, haven been beaten to death by his prison guards. He bears remarkable similarity to mandela in character and role, and his death was widely publicised and condemned. I think it's very possible that some confusion in memory exists, as he was very much associated with mandela and the South Africa civil rights movement.

In saying all this, I don't mean to roundly dismiss anybody's ideas- i'm incredibly willing to embrace this idea of time and dimensional shifts- I've had many experiences myself (one of which involved learning to play and sing a song which wasn't released yet- which freaked my brother out!) etc etc. But like all good conspiracy theorists, I consider it essential to be equally as sceptical of pet theories as I am of issues of life in general!

Wow I really am a rambler.

Lastly- I'd be fascinated to hear of other small, even mundane examples of this phenomenon- there must be more than atomic bombs, Mandela and NZ?!

Cheers! x

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by BabyMD

Thank god you're not a doctor, if you'd put all your psychotic patients on lamotrigine (which is an anticonvulsant, not anti-psychotic)

Well, it would help that knee-jerk reaction

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I joined this site specifically to add a strange observation. There have been a few timeline glitches noticed, but most have been forgotten, or written off as bad memory, etc.

The most recent was the passing of Eustace Mullins. This happened fairly recently, except for the last time, about 2 years ago. At that time, I remember reading how he died alone, as his family had shunned him due to the contraversial nature of his work. My woman and I both remember this, as I had commented that it was sad for someone to go out that way. So to read about his very recent passing, with a different (end of life)storyline, is very strange.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deadcowkid
reply to post by Creatrix1

Not sure what its worth, but there was a much fought about alternate ending of that movie that was filmed. I do not know it it was ever released. It was decided to be left out, after allot of debate, due to the belief it might influence the thoughts of children on divorce or something.

That's true, it was debated having Daniel and his wife get back together but it was never filmed because it might lead to false hopes among kids of divorced parents. The ending I remember doesn't have Daniel and wife together again OR with his own TV show; instead he has amicable joint custody of the kids and remains working every day as their nanny in full Mrs. Doubtfire drag, which everyone's delighted with. Not the ending that it has now....

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I distinctly remember that Mussolini renamed Italy to Rome and it stuck after WWII. But I find out about a year ago it is called Italy. I distinctly remember there being a "The New Roman Republic", but apparently it is called the Italian Republic. Other than the name the country was the same.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
When I first read this thread, I thought "ooookay"- and decided that you all had faulty maps, bad memories, or some of you had your tinfoil hats on too tight.

Until last night.

Until last night, I knew *exactly* where Orlando, Kissimmee, And Disney World were. Always, ALWAYS was everything to the left of Fla, towards Tampa. Each and every time someone I knew was ready to take a trip, I'd open Google maps, and drag RIGHT down to it. Until last night. I did this, dragged down, and next thing I knew, I was in the middle of 'nowhere'! Not only that, but after that little shock made me blink, the area surround where Orlando is now has all these new little lakes and cities I've never seen before! So, basically, it's jinked to the right a bit and there's new crap tacked on!

This wasn't years ago. Heck, it was a MONTH ago I did my 'virtual slide' down to Disney World. March 7th, I am gonna go to the park. Now... I have been to that place so many times, I can be blindfolded and probably can walk unaided to almost anyplace in there. If it's changed in any major way, I'll Know. I grew up almost literally IN Disney.

I gotta admit- this is a bit creepy. Could my memory have been corrupted somehow? And if so, how could it be corrupted so badly? I dont do tv, I try to keep an active mind, and like I said, this is a route and a place I know intimately well.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

Hmmm...Orlando seems to be where it has always been to me, but I have to admit that I am far more familiar with the geography of New Zealand (well, how it *used* to be) than I am with Florida.
I do believe you, though. I know firsthand how frustrating it is not having anyone understand.
Unfortunately, I think that many people (myself included) aren't very good with geography, and now any little faulty memory or misremberance is going to end up resulting in "changed-geography paranoia" due to these threads.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I think a reason that some of us are experiencing these "shifts" is because of "leaping" and the multiverse theory. In the multiverse theory a whole new universe is created every time everyone makes a choice. The person's "prime universe" is where they made that choice, but another universe is created where they didn't. The majority of the universes are so close that you would never be able to find any differences. Some have incredible differences.
It is possible that the consciousness (assuming it is energy as many suspect) of every human being "leaps" between universes constantly or on a regular basis, but because there are so many near identical universes no one notices anything, but those that "leap" from a universe with a noticeable difference are most likely very rare and it would make sense for them (us) to congregate on a place like this.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Waiting2

australia has always had a point, the reason i know this cause it always kinda looked like a the side view of a dogs face, not to an exact but thats what i thought about when i was a kid

as before, the mind can play tricks, and especially if its something you dont deal with everyday or for years after, the mind is a funny thing we DONT understand

i dont see how half the people can say yes its totally different and yet to others its the same and especially to people who live there and know what its about

if you step back, it is a little amusing, im not saying any of you are crazy or stupid at all

im just saying not everything is as you remember or think you remember

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Interesting thread. I asked a nurse about Australia yesterday. She was pretty sure Australia being east of everything, in middle of nowhere near Antartica. I too thought/remember it being halfway between South America, China and Antartica and that NZ was NW like many people on here. Also dont remember the pointy part in the NE. I freaked out to first coming upon this thread and looking up a world map to find oz being just souh of China.

[edit on 23-2-2010 by wickd_waze]

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
After reading this post and responding to it several day's ago I started to do my own research. Because of my "bad" memory (where NZ and Australia looked different and where NZ was located the other way around) and remembering a strange occurrence where a sound-wave hit me, I came across an interesting "solution", the same explanation as SG17 post: parallel universes.

For me now this is starting to look as a reality. I saw a lot of interesting facts given by the author of the 10th dimension; Rob Bryanton. He states that there is no time, because time is just a direction. So maybe some of us took a different path with a different outcome in the time-space continuum.

If you are sure of yourself (even though others ridicule this idea) and think that something has changed in your reality, than this may help on your journey. Google Bryanton, he is worth some time. For me, I’m happy to be here and now in this timeline. Btw I don’t care that others think differently. I respect that!

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DiaDawn
He states that there is no time, because time is just a direction.

This ticks me off. Is there no "left" either? Because right here, I got some Leftness. And some Forward. Up's right there too.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Originally posted by solasis
This ticks me off. Is there no "left" either? Because right here, I got some Leftness. And some Forward. Up's right there too.

It’s the illusion of projections in the hypercube. In space there is no up-down-left-right and no time. The earth is surrounded by space, so left-right-up-down and time is an illusion created by gravity. Time only exists from our point of view because we eventually will die, it’s our interpretation of a time-line.

Left only exists because of our illusionistic perception of a beginning and an ending. For the entire universe it’s all fractals. Therefore there exists no beginning and no ending.

But sure, for you and me there is left and right, up down and time. Only because of our own perception of this illusion, created by; gravity, projection, the limit of our senses, of our understanding and the limit of our life through death. (Please excuse my English, I’m not use to write in another language)

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by DiaDawn

It’s the illusion of projections in the hypercube. In space there is no up-down-left-right and no time. The earth is surrounded by space, so left-right-up-down and time is an illusion created by gravity. Time only exists from our point of view because we eventually will die, it’s our interpretation of a time-line.

Left only exists because of our illusionistic perception of a beginning and an ending. For the entire universe it’s all fractals. Therefore there exists no beginning and no ending.

But sure, for you and me there is left and right, up down and time. Only because of our own perception of this illusion, created by; gravity, projection, the limit of our senses, of our understanding and the limit of our life through death. (Please excuse my English, I’m not use to write in another language)

Does the Hypercube actually exist, or is that part of our perceptions? The only way that these would not exist is if the entire universe is in fact a single point, and our consciousness demands that we separate it out. (This is actually a wholly plausible scenario to me, but I don't believe it.)

But I don't see how this is commensurable with the "fractal" description of the universe. Just because there is no beginning and no end doesn't mean there's no "next" or "previous" -- it's just that with enough "nexts" you get to something one-hundred-percent indistinguishable from each particular "previous."

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

In regards to Florida, this I noticed a long time ago, there are many discrepincies here, I'm just tired of being called ignorant or stupid or nuts...The town I now live in in Florida didn't even exist in 2000. How do I know? I was searching properties to rent waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back then...this town was nowhere to be found neither the next town over, and the extra lakes, I understand that as well... I used to drive down here every year...now live here and I knew the place very very well. I could be wrong, maybe having highway hypnosis and didn't realize all the towns I went through, but I know when I started looking for properties neither Gibsonton nor Riverview was around Sun City Center wher I always stayed because my aunt lived there, I know Gibsonton existed only because of an ex files episode long ago when I lived in NJ, I even researched it because I was a big fan of both back then, it was not close to my mom's as it is now...I know I am whacked send out the paddies, I am here waiting...lol..But I am glad you mentioned this as well, I swore I was losin my mind, had actually thought of posting a few days before you did.

[edit on 23-2-2010 by ldyserenity]

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Check the current location of New Orleans. It's not there where it should be. I hope I'm wrong. At the time of Hurricane Katrina, in 2005, it was located in a different place. What freaks me out is the year 2005, the same year when I checked also the location of NZ and NZ was then on the left side of Australia. I remember seeing New Orleans somewhere near Corpus Christi in Texas. It was located on the coast (side by side with the sea) facing widely Gulf of Mexico and not so much "hidden" in the interior like it's today.

I put a image link for you. The green circle stands for the current location of New Orleans while the red circle means the previous location.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

How can you find something plausible yet denying it by stating that you cannot believe that? To me it sounds like denial. I for sure believe that you get what you want; free will. (many actually get what they deserve because they believe that they deserve that… )

If you do not believe in choice or free will you would subject yourself to enslavement by responding as a victim, a prisoner of destiny. You would let yourself no choice. I used to be like that, but no more. I do not want to be a victim, I believe in myself and my only wish is that others can see this in themselves to.

Of course I understand that the hyper cubed - fractal projected reality is a “new” mind blowing theory, but isn’t also the big-bang just a theory? We live in 2010 but still there is no progress, everything shall ever remain a theory. Why.., well because there is no one solution, there are many! I do not want to live in a theoretical limited world; therefore I have choice and have chosen this theory as my reality. But than again I respect all other perceptions of reality because they are also real in the minds of others.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DiaDawn

I said that I didn't believe it, not that I couldn't. I could believe it, just as I could believe that there is a God. But I don't; I think the evidence supports a different conclusion better, but does not deny the possibility of the other conclusions.

I don't understand what the rest of what you said has to do with my questions. I wasn't challenging your theory; I was asking for a better explanation. Tell me what this hyper-cube is, please, because I'm not understanding.

I repeat, I am not asking because I think you are wrong or crazy or anything. I don't. I am asking so that I can see what you mean.

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join