It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For all those expierencing "time line" shifts.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
If Nixon would have stayed in office, instead of resigning, he would have been impeached. As it is, he wasn't. In fact, Bill Clinton went through the impeachment process further than Richard Nixon did.

Bill Clinton was impeached. The House impeached him on two counts. The Senate failed to subsequently convict him, however, and therefore he was not removed from office.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whalin Rift
I have to agree with bryan2006 that if this is happening the culprit is more than likely the Large Hedron Collider.

No it isn't and I explained why.

Think about this. If there are an infinate number of realities that all occupy the same place in the universe that means that in some of those realities there are other LHC's occupying the same place in the universe.

2 things wrong here:

1) No proof for infinite realities.
2) If they occupied the same place in the universe they'd be in the same reality.

The LHC accelerates particles to 99.9% of the speed of light which scientists consider a safe thing to do even if it does produce tiny black holes.

No it dosen't, collisions may OR may not do that [produce black holes].

But take into consideration what may happen if all the LHC's in parallel universes

Again, no proof for this.

all producing tiny black holes at the same time and place in the universe.

They'd all need to be in the same "reality" to do this, and we only have one [LHC].

I dont think you need to be a rocket scientist to figure out that this could cause problems and possibly resulting in converged realities.

There is no evidence for black holes "Converging realities" let alone mess up time.

ProTip: Star Trek isn't real.

Also, rocket scientists deal with rockets, theoretical physicist deal with black holes.

Now shut up and stop blaming the "Large Hedron Collider".

[edit on 16-2-2010 by Incendia vox]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
It may have been stated here or in the other thread, but I was thinking on this.

Do we have a misprinted map somewhere that we can link to that shows Australia as I (we) remember it? If it was a printing mistake, there should be tons of examples out there since millions of incorrect maps were published between the mid 70s and 90s.

I just want to see the flawed pic.

If we can only find "correct" maps, how can you blame misprints?

Thanks

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by imostlylurk

Originally posted by butcherguy
If Nixon would have stayed in office, instead of resigning, he would have been impeached. As it is, he wasn't. In fact, Bill Clinton went through the impeachment process further than Richard Nixon did.

Bill Clinton was impeached. The House impeached him on two counts. The Senate failed to subsequently convict him, however, and therefore he was not removed from office.
Yes, thank you for that. I think your memory is must better than some people that have "time slips", ha ha. I personally think it is more of a case of memory lapse than time slips.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
youf gat da timemasheen?

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Incendia vox

ProTip: Star Trek isn't real.
Darn it! Why you be going and ruining my alternative realities. Cap'n Kirk promised me that he was gonna take me and my homies skinnin for some of them green biaatches!

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
OK now I am seriously freaked! In my last post I stated that New Zealand was in the same place in relation to australia as it is now. I WAS WRONG.
Not only has Australia moved North but New Zealand has changed sides. I am %100 certain it was South West of Australia not East. It was only around two years ago when I seriously looked at a map as I was plotting all of the places that I had visitied in the work in an atlas. This is strange.

[edit on 16/2/2010 by avriel]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

I have to agree with bryan2006 that if this is happening the culprit is more than likely the Large Hedron Collider.

No it isn't and I explained why.

The LHC is more of an implosive device than a reality shifter. With the LHC, they don't even know what they will get, but they know it won't be what they had.

2 things wrong here:

Your not thinking in infinite tense.

No proof of finite realities, here is excerpt from my other post:

Let me retouch on the notion of infinite life. I've mentioned this elsewhere, yet the atheist view of life is the there is death when the body is buried dead and that's it in their viewpoint where that piece of life ends. I used to be called an atheist until I could prove elsewise. I don't really expect to prove it to anybody else, yet I do realize I'm alive now. I exist. In my current viewpoint on some ordinary sense of time, the possibility of infinite life exists. If I thought my life ended upon burial, the that logically means I though infinite death is possible. If there is a end and there is no begin after that end then that would be infinite death. Now the fallacy here is to think that the infinite didn't exist if one claims infinite death is possible in any mere suggestion of it. If the infinite didn't exist, then infinite death wouldn't exist. If infinite death didn't exist, then... life exists.

In fact, if you review that logical existentialism carefully, you'll notice life exists infinitely with no end and no begin.

2) If they occupied the same place in the universe they'd be in the same reality.

There are various methods to dispute that, I've collected a few. My favorites are atomatrices, perfect spheres, fractals, and quantum mechanics (minus quantum physics).

Here is some of my recent posts on perfect spheres: #1 #2

Someday, I'll try to post a revised version of what I wrote there.

Now shut up and stop blaming the "Large Hedron Collider".

No because the LHC and Voyager have been the most stupidest ideas ever.

Time line shift are possible.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   

reply to post by bryan2006

Another point, if time had changed it would be impossible for you to notice, because time had changed so that report of you seeing Nixon punching a small kitten would have changed aswell.

I've been thinking about this... if there is something special about consciousness, if in some way "the mind" is something more-than-physical, as most leypeople think it is, then it wouldn't necessarily be affected by physical processes like these time shifts. I'm not saying that the mind is non-physical; I don't quite know what I think on that matter, or really on most others, but I'm just saying that if it is, this objection falls short.

Think about this. If there are an infinate number of realities that all occupy the same place in the universe that means that in some of those realities there are other LHC's occupying the same place in the universe.

2 things wrong here:

You're not paying attention; he means if they were at the same space-time coordinates in different universes. He's not asserting that there are infinite realities; he's saying that if there were it could work this way. (Of course, he does think there are infinite realities, but that doesn't mean you should attack his argument as if it were him.)

The LHC accelerates particles to 99.9% of the speed of light which scientists consider a safe thing to do even if it does produce tiny black holes.

No it dosen't, collisions may OR may not do that [produce black holes].

"Even if it does" =/= "It does."

all producing tiny black holes at the same time and place in the universe.

They'd all need to be in the same "reality" to do this, and we only have one [LHC].

He means, again, the same time and place in the universes.

I dont think you need to be a rocket scientist to figure out that this could cause problems and possibly resulting in converged realities.

There is no evidence for black holes "Converging realities" let alone mess up time.

You're right here; there's no reason to think that black holes in the same place in different universes would do ANYTHING. It seems reasonable if you're thinking "how could universes interact with each other?" but if you're not begging the question, there's no way to get to that conclusion, at least not with leyscience.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Incendia vox

Oh please forgive me for attempting to come up with an explanation for this. I had no idea you were an expert in quantum physics. Since we have an expert in Quantum Physics here in the audience, I was wondering what you think is going on. Silence......

I just love you types, "there is no proof for this". Is that all you got? Weak!
There is also no proof that you have a brain in your head, have you ever seen it or touched it? So go and boil your bottom, son of a silly person!

If you havnt noticed there is no proof for many things in this world. But according to you if there is no proof it doesnt exist. And if you havnt noticed this is an ATS board where much of what is discussed there is no proof of, so why are you even here? Have you debunked every other thread too? You better get started, you have a lot of threads to debunk.

Who the hell are you to be rude and tell ANYONE to shut up on an ATS message board. This is the place for discussion.

"No it isn't and I explained why." Please forgive me for not noticing your brilliance, Wow, YOU explained why. Well forgive me for not giving a doodly squat what you explained when you come accross with such an attitude. If you dont agree with this thread, dont read it or respond to it unless you have something constructive to say.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
It seems to me that most of the persons who are, or might be, open to the idea of time shifts would more than likely subscribe to the Multiverse Thoery. I have my own ideas about this but I think perhaps those who say there is "no way this could happen" should read a little about it. And for those who "skim" and profess to read everything, This theory is older than modern science and does make sense of much that is happening.

But hey, I'm just a guy who whole heatedly believe that every religious account of deities from earth's past are really our alien brethren or creators coming to check up on us.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Interesting reading related to this thread.

Hugh Everett III and the Many Worlds Theory

www.everythingforever.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blender
I'm sorry... "time line shifts"?

There is a reason that its called a time LINE. It doesn't shift.

Silly mildly dilusional people.

Semantics.

Threads. Of Probability.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Incendia vox

You seem eager to state that there is no proof for theories when in the case of the Large Hadron Collider, there is no proof their either. The only proof is in what scientists THINK or THEORIZE will happen. It has never been done like this before and thus it is new ground. There is just as much proof to the results of the collider as there is in infinite realities.

You can get all the physicists you want together and none of them, or ALL of them, will not be able to tell you all the effects of a black hole. Even as far as we have come, we have no way of telling the effects of a black hole that occurs in outer space besides what we see. As far as a black hole occurring on Earth, in the center of all known life... we have even LESS knowledge about what might happen if one were to form - even if it was the size of a pea.

It is common human fallacy to believe that science and knowledge have surpassed nature and that we somehow have figured everything out, however, from a realist perspective - we haven't even scratched the surface.

reply to post by cushycrux

Here to derail another topic I see.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Here is what I run into all the time -

Yesterday I was driving along Gravel Pit Rd, I looked over to see the gravel pit. Who took the gravel pit? The site now has a tall hill, many older trees and older homes.
So, I go and ask someone who has lived here longer than I - "Has there ever been a gravel pit on Gravel Pit Rd? Here is the answer I received - "There must have been a gravel pit there in the far past. Otherwise why would they name it Gravel Pit Rd?"

I know better than to ask more questions. Now where is that concrete plant that was next to the gravel pit?

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Whalin Rift

I remember watching an episode of a Carl Sagan series (the title evades me at the moment) where he explained some of this. I think that episode is the clincher for me and my alignment to this theory.

there was another TV series that also explained this a bit, but went further to propose that these Multiverse entities would probably be quite similar to ours depending upon the relative distance between ours and another.

Could you imagine our universe bumping into a universe that was silicon based? eeeww!

However, bumping into a similar carbon based universe and transferring a minuscule amount of matter, energy, or whatever would possibly be unnoticeable to the general public.

Perhaps it's not a separate dimension, but rather a separate facet of the multiverse.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by avriel

Or it means that your geography education sucked, and you don't look at atlases often. I think that's a damn sight more likely than time shifts. "Time shifts" seem to be a fantastic way to excuse ignorance. We're here to deny it, which includes 'fessing up to when we make mistakes and harbour ignorance. "Oh I wasn't wrong, it's just that time has shifted! I'm brilliant, me!" How convenient.

reply to post by dzonatas

Adamantly stating something doesn't make it true. You, and everyone else, has not provided any evidence that "time line shifts" or "time shifts" are real. Deny ignorance - start with yourself!

reply to post by Whalin Rift

"You have no proof" is the back-bone of science. It is what allows us to learn anything. Without that, we'd never know for sure. Yes, it's more boring to discount these weird and wacky claims, but until something can be demonstrated to be true, by actual evidence, there is no reason to assume it is true. If we did that, we'd have to assume everything to be true, which is obviously impossible, as I can't both assume there is an invisible dragon under my bed, and at the same time assume there is not such a dragon.

This isn't X-Files. This is real life. The real life works by evidence. If you don't have any, you don't have a point, and no one in their right minds should take what you say as fact.

reply to post by pyrael

The multiverse theory has no component describing travel between two universes. It uses many of the same worlds the pseudoscientists proposing this "time shift" nonsense do, but in a scientific setting, deviating massively from this baseless nonsense.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by bryan2006

Sorry. Not the Norway Spiral or the LHC.

My whole life, and my father's whole life this has been happening. Long before either thing.

Changing the past would have to be way more powerful than that. You are speaking of something that would have plenty of inertia. A universe full of it.

You really think that a particle accelerator has THAT much power? A galaxy of supernovas going off at the same time probably doesn't that that much power.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
You really think that a particle accelerator has THAT much power? A galaxy of supernovas going off at the same time probably doesn't that that much power.

Who remembers when Pluto was a planet?

I know that Earth is the 4th rock from the Sun.

[edit on 16-2-2010 by dzonatas]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by davesidious
"You have no proof" is the back-bone of science. It is what allows us to learn anything. Without that, we'd never know for sure. Yes, it's more boring to discount these weird and wacky claims, but until something can be demonstrated to be true, by actual evidence, there is no reason to assume it is true. If we did that, we'd have to assume everything to be true, which is obviously impossible, as I can't both assume there is an invisible dragon under my bed, and at the same time assume there is not such a dragon.

It's insane to believe that windmills are giants; but not to believe that they MIGHT be giants.

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join