It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For all those expierencing "time line" shifts.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution-2012
reply to post by dzonatas

Here's a great idea, don't mock me, as I am obviously not the only one here, and if you've noticed the subject....

This *CONSPIRACY THEORY* is based on something that has to do with the misconception of something most everyone feeling the same way knew was to be TRUE, which has now CHANGED.

Yes, of course.

It almost sounds like you don't want me to show any proof of something that has changed, yet I think we just see this a bit different because obviously I did notice the title. When did you change it?

Last I remember this thread had like over 40 pages to it.

I don't know about this ordinary time.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by harlykwin
Does anyone have a theory on why people might be experiencing these timeline shifts? Or how theyre happening?

EDIT: Im doing a little bit of research and I came across this.
(www.godlikeproductions.com...)
"I could have sworn I've read about Billy Graham dying... WTF"
Posted on 1/28/10.
This just keeps getting more interesting...

[edit on 15-2-2010 by harlykwin]

Here's what I posted to another similar thread...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Male, 21, USA

OK well, besides the Aussie/NZ thing here is what I have.

Steve Wozniak dead. He was one of the original founders of Apple computers. I am a computer technician and I did a report on him in high school and was struck when I found him to be dead. There was an internet report I looked at to confirm it.

It was only recently that I found out he was alive and well.

Billy Graham is a definite. I was either reading a book or a local religion publication in which someone was speaking about being close with Billy Graham and how his passing struck him deeply. I also remember distinctly an image of Graham in a magazine highlighting the deaths of the last decade.

To add to the Australia thing, others mentioned the 'tip' not being there and I agree but I also remember a slightly different shape, perhaps more "wide" than it looks today. To me today it almost seems squished.

I can't comment on Mandela as I was very young at the time. However, just through hearsay alone I feel that he died as well. I can't be 100% sure either way on this though.

I saw a mention of the nuclear bombing during WWII. I wasn't alive during them so I can't really comment but I did learn about them extensively. I was always mortified at the power of the nukes so I kept a close eye on the technology. I did learn about both attacks, however, all the information I DO remember is about Hiroshima. I remember talking about Nagasaki in the past but realizing I never really learned much about that one. Perhaps that is just based on education or something, I can't really be sure, but Hiroshima definitely stands out as more profound in my mind.

Betty White died last year as far as I remember. I watched Golden Girls on numerous occasions with my grandmother as a child and I remember the news stating that she was the last of the Golden Girls to die. This would also mean that somewhere along the line Rue McClanahan died as well, but I don't remember it as she wasn't really a known name to me.

I didn't have much time to do research into pictures or anything yet so I will do that later. If anything else comes to me I'll be sure to post that as well.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I remember Austraila was alone without any islands around it. That is how I remember the maps.

The twin towers in NY 9/11, 2001

I believe it was Apollo 13 that had trouble, because I seen the movie on it.

The first man to step on the moon Neil Armstrong

JFK dead with gun shot wound

Wasen't it Hiroshima and Nagasaki in Japan that was nuked.

There are people who think the holocaust didn't happen. Could this be another sign of a time shift?

I remember two big names one is Billy Gram and the other I thought was Hagin. I think it is Billy Gram that died. I kept getting the two confused. Hubby said Billy Gram is dead. I didn't know Billy Gram had a son. That is news to me.

I'm not sure I believe in time shifts, but it is an interesting theory though.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reneau
reply to post by nik1halo

Kennedy was nov 22 of 63, because Johnson took over and Nixon won the next two elections but resigned in the second leaving Ford in charge.
60, 64, 68, 72

Nixon was impeached. I remember him to be the only US president to be impeached.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mystery_Lady
Nixon was impeached. I remember him to be the only US president to be impeached.

I remember Nixon resigned under pressure from watergate scandal and military discord. Didn't Eisenhower want to impeach Nixon?

[edit on 15-2-2010 by dzonatas]

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Mystery_Lady

Nixon was not impeached. He resigned. Only two Presidents have ever been impeached: Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by PennyQ

Exactly, that is why if someone were to find a time slip it will only be through memories of people who experienced an event differently than others did. I would hate to be the person who experienced a significant time shift, and labeled a lunatic and put in an asylum. There is no way to prove what happened to you.

In that case, the best thing to do is claim you can't remember anything at all, and try to get a handle on the new reality you are in. Unless you know how to get back. As far as I know no one would know how or why a time slip would happen. It is extremely hard for others to believe, because there is no proof or evidence of what happened, except your memories. Then people would just say your memory is faulty rather than face something that seems frighteningly, unrealistically, impossible to them.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

only way i have found to "get back" is to state that "this is not my dimension", go to sleep and wake up - usually that "fixes" it.....

and wouldn't it suck to wake up in an alternate reality where u were in jail for some dumb stuff? or vice versa, wake up and NOT be in jail? Instellaburst made a thread on that called "jumping dimensions: the infinite possibilities of the soul"....

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Since schools disagreed on history itself, and wrote different sets of books, each one taught in accordance to their local beliefs of history or publisher. Time slips then are more of a cause not of a single person yet due to mass belief that didn't allow a strong bond in reality.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by dzonatas

this has been proven about the books, and like i said the Australia/NZ thing is due to a misprint - note the ages of people who remember that, all went to school late 70's-early 90's.....

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pax et Intellectus

Just look at the logic.

What happens when the logic is actually wrong?? What happens when the logical is actually illogical? There are way too many things we don't understand, and can't be explained at least by logic as we know it.

In the 1800's, was it logical to think that humans could send a man to the moon? To them it was impossible and totally illogical. If you put a person from 2010 back in the 1800's who is actually logical and illogical?

What people today say is totally illogical can be totally logical later on. I see science expanded by people who think outside the box. The people who are called a little crazy and eccentric (spelling?). I see the most advances of science being done by people that go against everyone telling them it can't be done. It is illogical. There is no way it can work. Yet what happened? We can fly in airplanes, drive in cars that can go over 100 miles per hour, send people and things into space, discovered quantum physics. What's next? Time travel? True virtual reality? Going into a virtual reality, buying, and bringing home a solid object? Finding out the truth of parallel dimensions if there is such a thing. Or if it is totally something different than we right now could never understand until something entirely new and unthinkable is discovered to help us understand our world and time.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by circumpunct
Ironically, while reading this thread, I started thinking about the TV series "Sliders" with Quinn Mallory. Worm hole sliding between parallel worlds and such.... I remember watching this with my husband...

I looked it up and saw that the series ran from 1995-2000- This was a shock because I graduated from internship, went through residency and had 2 kids during that time. I don't remember the TV ever being on. My husband traveled 50 weeks out of the year then and was only home on the weekends. I don't have any memory of there being 5 seasons. I remember 3, I think. Seasons 4 & 5 are completely foreign to me in content and cast. For me, this show definitely happened prior to 1995...

I like the physics explanation posted prior best. Maybe we are just becoming better at noticing and communicating?

There is no proof to be had. Only acceptance.

Just to let you know you are not going crazy, 5 seasons of sliders? I honestly though that sliders was very short lived maybe a season or two. I always liked to watch it when I could catch it, which seemed not that often. I totally forgot about the show until you mentioned it.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure I've posted all of this in a previous timeline thread or two, but what the hey, someone might read something that triggers something for them.

I was skeptical of the timeline shift theory until it happened to me. I never went on message boards and mocked people over it, but I thought it was a case of mistaken memory.

The first time it happened to me was about a year ago (maybe a little more) when I was watching the show "Family Guy." I love that show, as in I know just about every line to every episode type of love. Well, I was sitting there watching an episode (sorry, I don't remember which one), and all of a sudden this conversation takes place between Brian and Stewie (two of the characters) that was completely different than what I remember. I'll be honest, I'm not against saying that for some odd reason I just didn't remember that particular part of the episode like I thought I had, and that nothing had really changed. That could have happened. However, the mere thought of "Holy S**t, that was not right!" was enough to make me think that maybe there is something to the timeline shift theory.

I remember Billy Graham dieing a year or two ago. I never really thought much about it at the time though.

I'm too young for Mandela, I've always thought he was alive.

Two bombs for WWII, and WWII ended in 1945.

Kennedy was shot while in Dallas right before Thanksgiving in the '60s. (And to whomever asked, it isn't that much of a stretch to be riding around in an open-top car during November in Dallas - I hate it)

The US landed on the Moon June/July of 1969 (I can never remember which month).

9/11, was, well, September 11, 2001.

New Zealand has always been South East of Australia for me. I never remember the two being as close to other countries as they are shown today, but I would gladly chalk that up to updated maps.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

This reminds me of what Marylin Monroe was saying on Opera a couple years back about how she felt like something was off.
(jk about the MM thing btw)

If you think the time shift is nutty si-fi, then you must have mistaken Marylin Monroe for someone else. She has been dead for years. Long before Opera ever started her show.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ForAiur

Hmmm? Time speed up or slowed down in May-July

Maybe. At the time all I did was write and during that time I was able to get a 220 page book done and published- which seems fairly fast to me as since then my productivity has felt way down.
It is odd as I started the book first thing in May and finished at the end of July exactly.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by rhines
reply to post by Waiting2

Just go to the library, pull out an old map book and lookup Australia and New Zealand in that one. Scan the map and post it here on ATS. n.b The earth is round, the Google map is presented as a flat image. /Regards.

That's just it. I thought this was a silly thread, too, at first. Then I went to several maps on-line to see what the OP was talking about. All the maps had Australia close to Indonesia.

Australia was always in the middle of the ocean way off by itself. It was quite remote. That's why it made a perfect place to send all the British criminals because it was so far away. From the length of this thread, it's obvious that other posters remember the same thing.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
a time traveller could make a change that effects the outcome of many different aspects, from the mandella dying in prison thing, to all sorts of subtle and big events..sure, no way to prove it, but that is plausable

however, the geography wouldnt change...the continents are like they are due to a specific set of scientific principles that even in a billion billion different timelines would occur the exact same, unless something big happened, like you went back 10k years and blew up a second moon or something...then you could have physical changes.

So...whats left...shared delusion?

But if, as you say, we are in a different timeline and thus history is different, why couldn't the geography be different, too?

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Waiting2
But if, as you say, we are in a different timeline and thus history is different, why couldn't the geography be different, too?

Geography could be different based on if people travel East around the world or West around the world. They would be in different shifts of time zones.

It's possible that a shift that occurs behind someone that went East then traveled back West would seem like that they are in a different geographical location then those that didn't go East.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join