It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking: New Zealand and Australia are out of their place on the map

page: 60
<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Hahah, that's awesome.

But still, why the fck is this thread still going?

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
When I first found this thread, ages ago, I got caught up in the idea that Oz and NZ didn't seem to look the way I remembered on maps. The more I read, the more I believed something was amiss, especially since my own connection to both places is fairly significant - step-siblings and ex-bf in Melbourne, childhood friends in Patea, 'grown up' friends in Auckland and Dunedin... I figured I should know, right? Plus, I come from a family that travels extensively, and much of my childhood was spent studying maps and atlases to prepare for family quizzes. Luckily my short term memory is rubbish, so a few days away from the thread - after visiting consistently for a week or so - were all I needed to put things in perspective. The idea itself was intriguing, but that didn't make it valid. I may have drawn sketches of Australia in the past, but I don't recall ever paying close enough attention to be able to say, beyond the shadow of a doubt, that it's different now from the way it was then. I don't make maps for a living, and I'm willing to bet that most of the people who insist that something's changed never really paid such close attention either. It's pretty easy for the brain to insert false memories if you had nothing concrete to start with.

There's an article on Cracked with links that support my assertion that memory can't be trusted: 5 Mind-Blowing Ways Your Memory Plays Tricks on You

Now can we please let this thread die? It's just silly.

edit on 16-9-2010 by daisyglaze because: Added last line.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by demonseed

Certainly, when I have enough time I shall.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Excuse me for reviving the thread but I was browsing through the latest NZ news today and came across a recent article that had NZ out of place on a world map put together by a Malaysian company. Quite amusing to be honest, check it out:

www.nzherald.co.nz...
media.nzherald.co.nz...

5:29 AM Tuesday Oct 5, 2010

Photo / Supplied
This photo (right) was taken at a trade show in Guangzhou, last week, by Paul Armistead. It was part of a world map put together by a Malaysian company. "Maybe the earthquake was a little bigger than we thought!" he adds.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by daisyglaze

As someone who knows New Zealand is not now where I remembered it I do not believe that other people who believe the same are just people with bad memories and that their mind has just played tricks on them. More likely because you are in the minority you think you are wrong and that as you cannot prove your belief it is much easier to go along with the majority and think that your mind must have played tricks on you because in the world you believe in things like this just do not happen.

The question is but what if it does?

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by keldas
reply to post by daisyglaze

As someone who knows New Zealand is not now where I remembered it I do not believe that other people who believe the same are just people with bad memories and that their mind has just played tricks on them. More likely because you are in the minority you think you are wrong and that as you cannot prove your belief it is much easier to go along with the majority and think that your mind must have played tricks on you because in the world you believe in things like this just do not happen.

The question is but what if it does?

The question is "What if it IS people with bad memories and poor geographic knowledge?"

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

Well then it comes down to personal belief. I know that my knowledge of geography is good and my memory is also fairly good and I am sure that many who have posted in this thread will say the same thing.

However the ones on the other side of the debate seem intent on attacking either the memory or the intelligence of the person who believes that the postions of Australia and New Zealand on the current map of the world are not what where they remember them to be.

Neither side have proof to bolster their side of the argument, however does it not appear to be a strange thing for people to want to claim. I know this site is considered to be on the edge compared to many main stream sites but even so just think of how many posters have objected to people who believe that the world map has changed. It is not something that many people would admit to as it invites public ridicule, so I put it to you that perhaps their just might be something behind either the theory of a time or dimension change. And that instead of attacking posters it might be nice if the ATS community could get together and say ok just suppose this might be true, is their any way we could prove it. Have their been any other similar type occurences that people would like to come forward and say have happend to them which can then be used to build up a picture of exactly what percentage of people this has happened to and if anything can be deduced from it.

An open mind and an ability to look beyond the obvious would be nice for a change.

edit on 5-10-2010 by keldas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Heres to hoping the Hoax Brigade comes down hard and fast on this thread.

Hip, hip, hooray! Hip, hip, hooray!
edit on 5-10-2010 by inivux because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-10-2010 by inivux because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I hate to say this.

I was browsing the site today, and noticed a map of the planet (as it is currently) (I don't remember the thread, it was talking about Atlantis and some other city.)

Anyway! Australia has moved for me, since this threads creation
I am not going to go into details, due to the flaming I see.

(Clarification-I have been following this Australia thread for a long time. I am saying:

1) I am in agreement with the OPost/OPer, AU was not in the "right place" for me.
2) I am saying that it has moved since I first read this thread, a while ago.)

I do think it was a reality shift, I seem to notice them more and more as time progresses. Rip Torn is alive again, and Jamie Escalante is dead, but Edward James Almos is alive.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by LastStandingMan

On the other hand, Australia seems to be shifted a lot to the north, very close to Papua New Guinea so it almost touches it. Where is the Australia which was far away from other land masses? Something seems to be also wrong with the form of Australia. When did the Australia get that spike that is pointing to the Papua New Guinea.

i agree, and i am not crazy for sure.
Australia was far far away from other land masses. I am looking the map now and sudenly i was thinking "wait! its true, this is wrong!" ( a big click in my head)
I always thought when I studied geography ... would be a great adventure to go to this isolated mass of the continents, and that was Australia. I had devotion to geography, was my favorite subject, I know that Australia has never had other land nearby.
And certainly never been so to the north! ( and not that big peak almost touching another land) you are right!

There have been another things I've discovered that seem not correspond to this reality, but the people I know seem to be unaware

I often feel and perceive something in the timeline has changed, first vaguely and then with certainty.
I can not explain this and I do not know why this is happening, but surely some of my programming has changed, and I feel certain anomalies and inconsistencies with the past.

This is amazing, but we are in amazing times too

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by zaper

You should have studied harder, through it wasn't until I moved here that I realized just how close Indonesia and Papua New Guinea really are.

I'm sorry if I offend anyone here by saying this but......

Just because you don't remember something a certain way doesn't mean reality is changing in front of your eyes, its not a conspiracy nor a tear in the fabric of reality, you just have poor memory .

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Question why

Prove it.

Prove that I did not have a "reality shift".

The truth is, you can not. You know why? Because you, obviously do not share the experience.

Of course, if you would like to point out your insights on how my memory works, feel free. Though I am curious how you figured that all out from the internets.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

I took another look at a world map following the reading of your post and I also concur that their have been changes since the start of this thread to me Tasmania was a little bit more to the left. However New Zealand is still in the wrong place to the south of australia when I remember it to the North.

However I would say that it is not really the position of where a particular country is on the map it is more the phenomena that a number of people remember it in different places, along with famous people who are reported dead and who are still alive.

Is their anyway of confirming a dimensional shift. After all many scientists are now starting to confirm the theory that many dimensions exist. Or is it linked to Timewave Zero and their belief that approaching the year 2012 people will experience more unusual events in their lives to such an extent that many will believe they are going mad.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by LastStandingMan

It has not moved, My bet is you are recalling looking at it on a globe where the curvature made it appear further west than it appears on a flat map or larger globe.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Two points:

1. After reading the first couple posts of this thread, I really did start to believe that New Zealand used to be to the northwest of Australia.

2. After looking at a map, I realized that suggestion had gotten the best of me.

Notes:

- I have not mastered geography, and this probably significantly impacted how suggestible I was on this topic. I plan to master geography. For this reason this thread is very worthwhile because it showed my ignorance in this respect and has motivated me to make every effort to correct it.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by adigregorio

Prove it.

Prove that I did not have a "reality shift".

The truth is, you can not. You know why? Because you, obviously do not share the experience.

Of course, if you would like to point out your insights on how my memory works, feel free. Though I am curious how you figured that all out from the internets.

That is easy my friend, memory is fickle and open to interpretation.

Go look at geography maps all of them you really think they are bs.?

edit on 10-10-2010 by Question why because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   

No, I think they are the geography books/maps that are native to this universe.

Do you not understand how a multiverse works?

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   

No, I think they are the geography books/maps that are native to this universe.

Do you not understand how a multiverse works?

And by what happenstance did you find your way into our reality may I ask ?

multiverse is a fine theory but are you talking about actually traveling between the two+ realities, and if so how was this feat accomplished without the collapse of 2+ realities. ?

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Hey I didn't say "This for real happened"

I said:

I do think it was a reality shift, I seem to notice them more and more as time progresses.

Notice that one part "think"?

Oh, and don't forget this gem:

Paranormal Studies: This forum is for the general discussion of a wide range of paranormal phenomena that includes remote viewing, ESP, OBE, telepathy, ghosts, spirits, etc. Participants should be aware that this is a highly speculative forum where topics and responses will tend to lean in favor of the existence of these phenomena. Those who would wish to refute these subjects should be aware of AboveTopSecret.com's tradition of supporting the free examination of "alternative topics" which includes the paranormal.

Right at the top of every page in this forum

Pay special attention to the "highly speculative" descriptor please.

top topics

<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join