It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking: New Zealand and Australia are out of their place on the map

page: 57
<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

I completely agree with your observations.

Posting the map was purely for for informational reasons and to highlight how map 'layouts' may differ but do not effect the information contained within.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomCorps

Oh Right.

....Make it clearer next time!!

(jk)

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by juniperberry
From what I remember, NZ has ALWAYS been towards the Southeast of Australia. Always. Even when I had to colour in the maps in high school (well over 20 years ago) and Australia has always been surrounded by water.

But then, I'm from a Canadian school so what do I know?

Don't even bother man. Most Americans were shocked when they've opened Google Earth for the first time and realized that there other countries in it.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
again.....anyone from this timeline will not see a difference...... AGAIN, there will be NO differences on maps no matter how far back you go......

Unless you switched over YOURSELF, you will not have any memory disturbances......

Geeze, the most condescending people are also the most ignorant and clueless as to the common sense of it!

Get a clue!

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
This has to be the most ridiculous thread in ATS history.

I've studied nautical charts from the 1700's and 1800's as a hobby and New Zealand has always been...where New Zealand has always been. Very surprising isn't it!

If New Zealand was charted wrong, then how the hell did the British manage to navigate there, explore and colonize it if it changed location!?

I'm sure somebody can explain this away with a pure waffle theory?

Anybody?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by RWM88
This has to be the most ridiculous thread in ATS history.

I've studied nautical charts from the 1700's and 1800's as a hobby and New Zealand has always been...where New Zealand has always been. Very surprising isn't it!

If New Zealand was charted wrong, then how the hell did the British manage to navigate there, explore and colonize it if it changed location!?

I'm sure somebody can explain this away with a pure waffle theory?

Anybody?

it didn't change location HERE...... read the post above yours.... WE would have came from somewhere else, YOU guys wouldn't notice a difference if you are from here origionally....geesh!

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
So, let me get this straight: There are people who insist they have come from a different timeline where the countries look the same and have the same names but are located differently?

Tell me, what geological processes caused those countries - in the other timeline- to have the same shapes as the countries in this timeline?

Does the Northland aulochthon at the top of New Zealand still exist in the other timeline?
Is there the Murihuka Terrane, Caples Terrane, Torlesse Terrane? These are important and relevant questions.

I'm sorry, I'm sceptical!

[edit on 30-4-2010 by aorAki]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mellisamouse

You and a group of people were the only ones who noticed this amazing geographic miracle change.

You've just shot yourself in the foot bud. If everything did change then you wouldn't know about it and the chart/map that shows this would not exist unless you can cross dimensions and travel in time?

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by mellisamouse
again.....anyone from this timeline will not see a difference...... AGAIN, there will be NO differences on maps no matter how far back you go......

Unless you switched over YOURSELF, you will not have any memory disturbances......

Geeze, the most condescending people are also the most ignorant and clueless as to the common sense of it!

Get a clue!

I want some of that '___' you are smoking! That sounds like some good stuff!!

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Hello
Without going into further detail positioning of australia changed dramatically within last few years. Now, I am not looking for any stupid discussion as far as you have a diffrent map that I have. It is currently posisioned way of the place that it was positioned 20 years ago. PERDIOD. REALLY IT IS. There is other changes like that taht nobeody seems to recognize... There can be only a handful of explanations for that.

1. Change occures and some of us are us and the rest are from trhe other timeline

2. Change occures and some people are beeing reprogrammed correctly and some of us fail to get the new programm

3. Change occures only to a small group of us, we only shifted everybody else stayed in the last time line

Whatever it is the positioning of NZ and Australia is not what it used to be. Really.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
This thread and others like it are reason I NEVER tell my friends that I come on this site... thanks

This thread is absolute nonsense.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki
So, let me get this straight: There are people who insist they have come from a different timeline where the countries look the same and have the same names but are located differently?

Tell me, what geological processes caused those countries - in the other timeline- to have the same shapes as the countries in this timeline?

Does the Northland aulochthon at the top of New Zealand still exist in the other timeline?
Is there the Murihuka Terrane, Caples Terrane, Torlesse Terrane? These are important and relevant questions.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by aorAki]

Please answer these questions as they are extremely pertinent to this thread.

Please answer these questions as they are pertinent to the thread.

Please answer these questions.

Please!

[edit on 2-5-2010 by aorAki]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by thomas_

Don't even bother man. Most Americans were shocked when they've opened Google Earth for the first time and realized that there other countries in it.

Don't write us all off like that man. I am very studious in the culture of other countries and don't like my own country very much.

I would also like to say that..this topic is a bit "out there" I have always thought that Australia and New Zealand are right where they are now.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
In the words of comic book dude from the simpsons, " There is no emoticon for what I am feeling".

I've been visiting this website constantly for years and NEVER have I been so dumbfounded at the absolutely, positively ridiculous nature of these claims. It has forced me to finally post something on this website.

As an 18 year old Australian, I can assure you, you need to go get some SERIOUS medical help if you think landmasses have changed. Every Australian (and human) with half a brain knows NZ is to the South East.. and Indonesia and Papua New Guinea have always been to our North. If you think they just suddenly changed in the 50's or 60's, why would Australia soldiers (including my great uncles) have been posted in Port Moresby to stop the Japanese on the Kokoda Trail. This is because PNG is the last landmass before Australia, and Cape York Peninsula (that big "pointy bit" some of you imbeciles believe was never there before) was just a short leapfrog from PNG.

Your view points are insulting and absolutely, positively ridiculous. I can deal with some pretty strange stuff but I downright can't fathom your train of thought if you believe this BS. You're ruining your chance of EVER being taken seriously and I do recommend some psychiatric help or contacting your teacher or lecturer and recommending them a swift lesson in children's geography. or both.

Lachlan.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by yarosh
Hello
Without going into further detail positioning of australia changed dramatically within last few years. Now, I am not looking for any stupid discussion as far as you have a diffrent map that I have. It is currently posisioned way of the place that it was positioned 20 years ago. PERDIOD. REALLY IT IS. There is other changes like that taht nobeody seems to recognize... There can be only a handful of explanations for that.

1. Change occures and some of us are us and the rest are from trhe other timeline

2. Change occures and some people are beeing reprogrammed correctly and some of us fail to get the new programm

3. Change occures only to a small group of us, we only shifted everybody else stayed in the last time line

Whatever it is the positioning of NZ and Australia is not what it used to be. Really.

Dude.... just... no...

Far out, my head is going to explode.

If you can believe in this, is there anything you DON'T believe in?

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but I'm trying to be as open-minded as possible about this subject.

So let's lay out what we have here:

Simply put, you're saying that you are certain, CERTAIN, that New Zealand has been moved to the opposite side of Australia. In Addition, Australia has moved further north towards the Papua New Guinea Islands. And Thirdly, that Australia has sprouted a tail.

This is very intriguing. Now there are two possible explanations for this.

Explanation A:

You, as well as several people like you, for some reason are genetically different or special, and have been encoded with a particular genetic structure which caused you to cross over between parallel dimensions where EVERYTHING is the same except for the above facts. Now, you are in a desperate bid to understand how such a thing could have occurred, while the rest of us who share the same memories of our home dimension cannot fathom that you simply are not from the same earth-history.

OR

Explanation B:
You just remembered incorrectly.

Now, one of these conclusions is correct, but not both. So in order to deduce the correct answer, I will tell you a story.

One day, I came home from work and my new puppy was out of his pen and had torn apart the couch and ripped up all the pillows in my living room. I was left with two choices:

A:

Someone broke into my house for some reason, possibly because they had a grudge against me, and unlocked the gate that my new puppy was in. Then, they left the puppy free to roam the house and rip up what he pleased. The criminal then cleaned up any sign that he had ever been there, including repairing the broken glass on the front door and relocking it, leaving me none the wiser.

Or B:

I forgot to lock the puppy's cage before I left.

If the evidence doesn't speak for itself, then I apologize and I mean no disrespect when I say this: please seek professional help. I fear for your well-being.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Actually, I remember the exact things the OP has mentioned. Hopefully I'm not insane though. I can remember New Zealand being farther away from the New Guinea Islands because I've always thought of it as an exotic place far away from other land masses. Also, the spike on nothern Australia really does not seem right to me. It was definitely on the southeast rather than the northwest of Australia a short while back. So they aren't the only ones, I can testify to their claims as well. I have a bachelor in psychology so I'm not exactly dumb.

Thanks for reading!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by wolfwood290
Actually, I remember the exact things the OP has mentioned. Hopefully I'm not insane though. I can remember New Zealand being farther away from the New Guinea Islands because I've always thought of it as an exotic place far away from other land masses. Also, the spike on nothern Australia really does not seem right to me. It was definitely on the southeast rather than the northwest of Australia a short while back. So they aren't the only ones, I can testify to their claims as well. I have a bachelor in psychology so I'm not exactly dumb.

Thanks for reading!

A bachelor in psychology, nice to see an upcoming colleague. I won't say your dumb, I'd say you're just as susceptible to memory distortion as anyone else. A pike at the southeast you say? In my opinion (and more importantly, my memory), Australia has remained the same. I don't know if it's of any worth to mention that I possess a globe of about 15 years old, that depicts the world exactly as it is today?

Seriously folks, nothing has changed but your perception of the past.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by worlds_away
This thread and others like it are reason I NEVER tell my friends that I come on this site... thanks

This thread is absolute nonsense.

Without this thread how could you ever know that there may be a strange but common form of map dyslexia? This thread makes perfect sense. Some people strongly believed that NZ was NE or SW of Australia and they are strongly wrong. Is that or is that not strange? And ATS is about studying strange phenomenons. This is a very good and important thread. Its a perfect fit for ATS and its a shame that so many people such as yourself completely fail to understand the basic points in the thread.

A large number of people strongly believed something but are wrong. Either there is a very common form of map dyslexia, which MANY people believe as a result of this thread. And there are some or many who also believe the alternate time-line idea but at least as many believe they are simply wrong.

Nobody on the thread literally thinks New Zealand has moved, which is why they say out of place on the map, not out of place on the Earth! I strongly believed NZ was close to and NE of Australia... but it was actually SE and far from Australia. And that is strange, therefore this topic deserves attention. Had Ireland actually been on the right side of England I admit I could have reluctantly accepted that. But I was very confident of NZ being NE of Australia therefore it was quite hard for me to accept. It wouldn't be any different from an Asian looking at Ireland and finding it on the right side of England.

Those of you who think New Zealand is just too big and important to get wrong are absolutely wrong. New Zealand is what .002% of the Earth's land area? And you think its a huge deal and so stupid to misplace .002% of the land area? Really?

+1 Flag

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthquest

Those of you who think New Zealand is just too big and important to get wrong are absolutely wrong. New Zealand is what .002% of the Earth's land area? And you think its a huge deal and so stupid to misplace .002% of the land area? Really?

+1 Flag

It is important though!

We constantly box above our weight.

Mummy!

[edit on 7-5-2010 by aorAki]

<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join