It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 people dead - 2 critical - UAH College Huntsville, AL

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
And even more information coming to light on her history...

Tom Pettigrew told the Boston Herald that Bishop-Anderson tried to carjack him at gunpoint in 1986. It happened after Bishop shot and killed her younger brother at their Braintree, MA home. The shooting was ruled an accident.

Bishop-Anderson ran from the home and reportedly tried to carjack Pettigrew, who kept driving. Bishop-Anderson was taken into custody at gunpoint.

A former Braintree lieutenant says he was ordered to stop the booking process. Bishop-Anderson was released and not charged. The police report from the shooting have since disappeared.
Source: www.waff.com...

I am wondering more and more just who this woman is connected to... records disappearing, bookings canceled, and hijacking attempts ignored? Where does this little rabbit hole end?

I hope she has less contacts in Alabama than she apparently had in MA. Maybe, just maybe, this state will make sure she doesn't hurt anyone else.

TheRedneck

[edit on 2/15/2010 by TheRedneck]

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
So what is the actual evidence against this woman?

Confession?

No.

Eyewitness ID?

No.

Video that places her at the scene?

Haven't seen it.

Gun Shot Residue on her hands?

No sign of it.

Has the gun seized at the scene been traced to her via chain of possession or fingerprint evidence? Had that gun even been recently fired?

Beats me.

Was that gun traced to the bullets fired via forensic evidence?

Don't know.

What was the motive?

The cops won't say.

If she is so damn guilty then where is the friggin' evidence?

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Most women don't like guns, much less have that kind of gun handling ability.
reply to post by starviego

Interesting point, but not necessarily true.

I have several female friends who are avid hunters. I have a female friend who is a champion sharpshooter.

I have several female friends who are quite comfortable handling (and using) a gun.

Just clarifying things.

Same here, im in aust, so i dont know anyone with guns, but the only people i know who shoot for sport and shoot well are girls, and they all have medals for it. I'd like to go out to the range one day and give it a go myself as well, so yeah, i don't agree with your point at all sorry.

This is tragic news though, with the stabbing of a twelve year old over here yesterday at school, makes you wonder if you should send your kids out at all nowdays. Noones safe anymore

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

How about a eyewitness who got shot by her.

www.whnt.com...

UAHuntsville Shooting Victim Speaks
Venton Blandin Reporter
11:30 PM CST, February 14, 2010

HUNTSVILLE, AL - Shooting Victim Luis Cruz-Vera attended a prayer vigil at the University of Alabama in Huntsville. While he didn't want to go on camera, he did agree to his voice being recorded while answering questions.

It was around 4:00p.m. Friday, Cruz-Vera and others were in a meeting, inside the Shelby Center at UAHuntsville.

He could hear someone shout three powerful words.

"The only screaming you could hear was, don't do it," said Cruz-Vera.

Soon after, someone opened fire.

"You can not have time to know what you're feeling for anyone. You have to see first what is happening," said Cruz-Vera.

UAHuntsville and Huntsville Police say Doctor Amy Bishop-Anderson was the shooter. She is one of the school's professors.

"I think everybody was checking to see what she was doing. When she left, everyone was worried about others," added Cruz-Vera.

Worry consumed everyone after six people were shot.

"I was hearing them. I was trying to comfort especially them," added Cruz-Vera.

Cruz-Vera was one of a half dozen hit by bullets. When he looked around, all he could see were people helping each other.

"In that particular moment, I was happy. That was my feeling in that particular moment. When the police came, I was even happier," added Cruz-Vera.

The biological sciences professor did not know if he was the accused shooter's target.

"No idea. No idea, no idea," added Cruz-Vera."

The bullet that hit Cruz-Vera hit a chair first.

"I didn't feel anything except pressure in my chest, and a little force that pushed me back in my chair," added Cruz-Vera.

The force was one thing. The sounds were another.

"I heard a sound like shoo, and then one of my ears was deaf a little bit," added Cruz-Vera.

At the time, Cruz-Vera did not know he was shot.

"I was trying to check myself looking for blood, or some kind of pain. I did not feel anything for like 30 seconds," added Cruz-Vera.

There was no doubt, the professor was now a victim.

"I started to feel some kind of liquid, and warmth around that area. It started to be painful," added Cruz-Vera.

Cruz-Vera got on the floor to call 911.

"I saw a hole there, so I told the person at 911, I was shot. I believe I was shot," added Cruz-Vera.

Cruz-Vera says he is not angry about the shooting. He says his spirits were lifted by attending the prayer vigil.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

And the husband told the cops she had the gun but didn't know where she got it. Hows that for proof of her having the gun.

www.google.com...

Husband: Ala. prof went to range before shooting
By DESIREE HUNTER (AP) – 48 minutes ago

HUNTSVILLE, Ala. — The husband of an Alabama professor accused of fatally shooting three colleagues said Monday that the couple went to a shooting range recently, but that he didn't know where she got the gun she used for practice.

His description of Amy Bishop's "normal" demeanor leading up to Friday's shooting at a faculty meeting matched an account by a witness, who said the gathering was unremarkable until the gunfire broke out. Bishop, a Harvard-educated neurobiologist, is accused shooting six people at the meeting, three fatally. Two of the survivors remained in critical condition Monday.

Bishop's husband, James Anderson, said he knew his wife had a gun, but didn't know when or how she got it.

"I really don't know how she got it, or where she got it from," he told The Associated Press in an interview at his home.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by bkaust
....the only people i know who shoot for sport and shoot well are girls, and they all have medals for it.

Yeah, and I'll bet they had plenty of training and practice. Did Amy Bishop have the same?

Originally posted by JBA2848
How about a eyewitness who got shot by her.

Read your link again. The witness did not identify the shooter. It should be noted that a photograph displayed in the media early on showed another woman wearing a green sweater being led away in handcuffs. That photo has since disappeared

/

And the husband told the cops she had the gun but didn't know where she got it. Hows that for proof of her having the gun.

The husband claims she had a gun, but this does not match it to the weapon that wounded the victims.

[edit on 15-2-2010 by starviego]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   

If she is so damn guilty then where is the friggin' evidence?

It's called an 'investigation'. She is due a trial, wherein all the evidence will be presented to prove her either guilty or not.

Thus far we have police confirmation that Ms. Bishop is being charged with capital murder. We have investigative reports of her past. We have some eyewitness reports. But the hard evidence will wait for the trial.

This is reality... not a 30-minute sit-com. Matlock ain't coming.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   

www.aolnews.com...

"Why'd she snap? That's my question,'' Jeff Anderson told the Boston Globe of his wife, a neurobiologist. "I've got to get to the bottom of that.''

The husband seems to know she did it he just doesn't understand why. So why are you so doubtful about her guilt.

news.bostonherald.com...=home&position=0

Accused University of Alabama at Huntsville rampage murderer Amy Bishop was on a suicide watch yesterday - stripped of even her underwear - as her beleaguered husband said he was sticking by her “so far.”

Madison County Sheriff Blake L. Dorning told the Herald that Bishop, 44, a neurobiology professor and Braintree native, was forced to wear a knee-length smock “as a precaution” and is on “an hourly watch program,” deprived even of her undergarments.

But Dorning stressed the jailhouse psychiatric nurse, who’s been meeting with Bishop since Friday’s faculty meeting slaughter, has not reported any suicidal behavior “that would raise our attention.”

Im not sure if she said something to get her self on suicide watch or if it is a interrogation tactic? Put her in a cold concrete room with nothing but a paper outfit to wear to soften her up for questioning?

[edit on 16-2-2010 by JBA2848]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Im not sure if she said something to get her self on suicide watch or if it is a interrogation tactic?

Possibly punishment.

I know a lot of people will not understand this, but when someone commits a heinous crime around here, they will get a fair trial, they will get legal access, but those in charge of them are not always gentle. She could be beaten if she says or does anything that could even be interpreted as an attack.

I am fond of telling the tale that happened around here several years back. A man was caught red-handed putting drugs into candy during Halloween, directly in the supermarket. The police were quietly called and the man was arrested and cuffed. He was led out to the back of the store and the handcuffs came off. One officer stepped back and said "Run". The man stood perfectly still. The other officer repeated the order and still the man did not move. They finally put the handcuffs back on and took him in.

How do I know this? The second cop told me. Over a beer at his house.

Now you know why we have precious little crime.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Im not sure if she said something to get her self on suicide watch or if it is a interrogation tactic? Put her in a cold concrete room with nothing but a paper outfit to wear to soften her up for questioning?

Yup. They want a guilty plea. Because she is a patsy and they know their 'evidence' will not stand up at trial.

Sexual humiliation is an old tactic used to morally break a captive. Remember the photos from Abu Graib.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

You seem to be extremely certain Amy Bishop is innocent. May i ask why, when the investigation is still ongoing?

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Congressman Delahunt has got John Kivlan who works with him to step out in front of this case to shield him I guess.

www.nbc11news.com...

BOSTON (AP) - A former Massachusetts prosecutor says there was no reason to believe it was anything but an accident when a professor now accused of killing three colleagues in Alabama shot her brother to death two decades ago.

Former Assistant District Attorney John Kivlan said Tuesday that a joint investigation by state and local police as well as the medical examiner's office all concluded Seth Bishop's 1986 death was an accident.

His sister, Amy, is accused of killing three colleagues at the University of Alabama-Huntsville on Friday and injuring three others.

Kivlan is now retired from the Norfolk District Attorney's office. He said he was not aware of reports that Amy Bishop went to a nearby auto body shop after the Massachusetts shooting and demanded a car. He said that may or may not have changed his assessment of the case.

Heres a article where they worked together for clemency for a Sgt. Hutchins and the charge was murder.

www.house.gov...

So is John Kivlan trying to protect Congressman Delahunt?

John Kivlan was assitant district attorney
Congressman Delahunt was the district attorney

Heres a letter where you can see who pulls John Kivlans strings.

www.house.gov...

[edit on 16-2-2010 by JBA2848]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
You seem to be extremely certain Amy Bishop is innocent. May i ask why, when the investigation is still ongoing?

TheRedneck

If the investigation is still ongoing, why has the media already assured us that the guilty party is Amy Bishop? It reminds me how the cops and media had already convicted Lee Harvey Oswald hours after the assassination. It's not me who is guilty of a 'rush to judgement.'

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

www.google.com...

Associate professor Joseph Ng told The Associated Press on Tuesday he was one of 12 people at the biology department meeting Friday at the University of Alabama-Huntsville. He described the details in an e-mail to a colleague at the University of California-Irvine.

Ng said the meeting had been going on for about half an hour when Amy Bishop "got up suddenly, took out a gun and started shooting at each one of us. She started with the one closest to her and went down the row shooting her targets in the head."

Ng said the meeting was held around an oval table. The six people on one side were all shot.

"The remaining 5 including myself were on the other side of the table (and) immediately dropped to the floor," he wrote.

Ng told the AP the shooting stopped almost as soon as it started. Ng said the gun seemed to jam and he and others rushed Bishop out of the room and then barricaded the door shut with a table.

Ng said the charge was led by Debra Moriarity, a professor of biochemistry, after Bishop aimed the gun at her and attempted to fire. When the gun didn't shoot, Moriarity pushed her way to Bishop, urged her to stop, and then helped force her out the door.

"Moriarity was probably the one that saved our lives. She was the one that initiated the rush," he told the AP. "It took a lot of guts to just go up to her."

Ng said the survivors worried she would shoot her way through the door, and frantically worked up backup plan in case she burst through. But she never did.

"There was a time when I didn't think I'd come out of the room alive," he said. "I don't think any of us thought we'd come out alive."

As you can see they knew who did it they pushed her out of the room when her gun jammed.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Ng identifies a 'her' who did the shooting. But he did not identify this person as Amy Bishop.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Yoda says, "So crow you will eat when this woman is convicted then? Hmm? Or argue you must?"

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I can guarantee you there will be no trial. They will simply beat her down until she confesses. Watch for her to be sent to some 'diagnostic' center for mental observation. After many months she will be begging to plead guilty, or will be found 'suicided' in her cell.

[edit on 16-2-2010 by starviego]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by starviego
I can guarantee you there will be no trial. They will simply beat her down until she confesses. Watch for her to be sent to some 'diagnostic' center for mental observation. After many months she will be begging to plead guilty, or will be found 'suicided' in her cell.

"An expert here we have. This conclusion, from where does it come?"

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Kernel Korn
Check the case of alleged holocaust museum shooter James von Brunn, another patsy convicted in the media with no evidence. They sent him away for mental 'evaluation' and he came back in a box.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by starviego
reply to post by Kernel Korn
Check the case of alleged holocaust museum shooter James von Brunn, another patsy convicted in the media with no evidence. They sent him away for mental 'evaluation' and he came back in a box.

"One case another does not make Padawan. Broad brushes using you are."

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join