It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran: We'll Speed Nuclear Progress if U.S. Threats Continue

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Iran: We'll Speed Nuke Progress if U.S. Threats Continue

www.foxnews.com

Iran's parliament speaker announced that his country will "speed up" its nuclear work if the Obama administration continues to target the Gulf country with sanctions, Iran's state-run PressTV reported.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12-2-2010 by Trudge]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Looks like we are headed for a collision course with Iran. Israel will never allow Iran to hold nuclear weapons and with what was announced today it seems that we are now getting even closer to a conflict with Iran. Also, China seems to be on Iran's side so could this also lead to a war with China as well???

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trudge
war with China as well???

Largest standing army on earth.. Capacity to invade US soil.....

Nope. bad idea.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
But... I thought Iran only enriched uranium for peaceful purposes? [/sarcasm]

Doesn't really make sense to me, to threaten your ''enemies'' with harmless low-enriched uranium...

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Well, I know it breaks your heart, as you very clearly want to see a lot of dead Iranians piled up by the roadside, but... this isn't a "threat," it's a "screw you, nyah nyah!"

Basically saying "GO ahead and do your thing, you're not going to stop us from doing our thing"

[edit on 12-2-2010 by TheWalkingFox]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
yeh china might be dragged into this:

Obama to meet Dalai lama next week

i believe its an elite plan to start a ww3 with iran china and russia, this will be so destructive that it will lead to a one world goverment with a one world army, therefore theres no one to fight anymore (ww3 may end with a fake alien invasion)... they create the problem then offer the solution in a time where its needed

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
i believe its an elite plan to start a ww3 with iran china and russia, this will be so destructive that it will lead to a one world goverment with a one world army, therefore theres no one to fight anymore (ww3 may end with a fake alien invasion)... they create the problem then offer the solution in a time where its needed

reply to post by RizeorDie

I would have to agree with you. there is alot going at this time in our history and none of it seems good.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Iranian Parliament Speaker Ali Larijani warned Friday that his country would spur the enrichment of its uranium if US President Barack Obama continued to threaten it with more sanctions, Iranian news agencies reported Friday.

"Even if Obama threatens ten more times to increase the sanctions against us, we will still be determined to continue our enrichment program, only we will speed it up," he said.

"Every time we have a breakthrough, whether it is with the launching of a satellite or a technological achievement, they immediately dramatize it and say that it is intended for military or espionage
purposes," the parliament spokesman said.

"But their real problem is actually the fact that our status in the international community is only changing for the better. They cannot stand to see us progress; they want us to be an underdeveloped country."

Source:www.ynetnews.com...

So true on his stand.
Second line.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I wonder why Iran hates Israel more than Israel hating Iran!

I wonder why the iranian dictator keeps telling his arab buddies the holocaust never happened and/or downplays it so much.

I wonder why arabs hate jews so much that they want them anihilated at any cost.

I wonder why the iranian dicatator had to lie about using enriched uranium for peaceful purposes when he was planning nuclear weapons all along, that is IF indeed the story is true and not some hoax.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trudge
I would have to agree with you. there is alot going at this time in our history and none of it seems good.

Yeah, you can say that again and again while never overstating it!

The elite needs a pre-text to start another global conflict and they sure as hell found one. During WW1&WW2 it was the colonial powers vs the conservatives and the colonial powers won.

Now everyone and their mom has a nuke. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out billions will die as a result of muslim supporters versus jewish supporters.

Fukin pathetic to say the least! I wish ATS didn't have a strict T&C so I could properly express myself.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
So here is an article that I found that was made january 27th 2009 saying that:
"Iran will amass enough low-enriched uranium this year to have the ability to build a nuclear bomb by the end of 2010, a respected think tank has predicted."

they also said:
"We have the capability to enrich uranium more than 20 percent or even 80 percent," the Washington Post quoted him as saying. Uranium enriched to the 80 percent level is considered to be almost bomb-grade, but Iran has denied allegations by the United States and other Western powers that its nuclear program is geared toward weapons development."

now that they have enriched uranium to the 20th percent will it be quicker than the end of the year. here are two links I found

www.telegraph.co.uk...

www.globalsecuritynewswire.org...

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
Capacity to invade US soil.....

I don't see it. Maybe some island territory in the Pacific, but not the mainland. They don't have a blue water navy or the logistics chain and airlift capacity required. A Sino-US war would have high consequences, but I don't see China accomplishing a mass invasion of the US.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Schaden

agreed. Whilst many won't accept it; although obviously huge losses on either side the US would prevail over China in a square fight off without doubt. It is most powerful fighting force in the world. The thing is though if war was to break out alliances would be made etc effecting that balance perhaps.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
The OP is extremely misleading, borderline outright lying.

They were talking about their enrichment process, which could be for fuel. They said nothing about building nuclear bombs, aka "nukes."

So,

"Iran: We'll Speed Nuke Progress"

That's completely wrong. Someone should change the OP to avoid confusing people into believing something completely wrong.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Scary situation, for sure. The US will be compelled to attack Iran because if they don't Israel will - and the whole M.E. could spiral into war. That could happen if the US attacks, of course, but at least it will be on the US's terms. The US has far too many assets in the region to just let Israel do what they want.

The only reason Israel has let Iran get to 20% enrichment is because the US has been promising them that they'll deal with Iran using political pressure or some CIA backed revolt. However, that seems to have failed and Israel will surely not wait much longer now. I would imagine that 20% enrichment was a "tipping point" for the Israelis.

What worries me is this: The US knows it will have to act soon, but it won't go down well at home to say the least. However, if Iran attacks first........well I'm sure you can see where I'm going with that

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Majority of your post is fallacy. The statements you made is base purely on what you think- "Iran hates Israel more" "Arab hates Jews so much"

Then you made a real big one

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
I wonder why the iranian dicatator had to lie about using enriched uranium for peaceful purposes when he was planning nuclear weapons all along, that is IF indeed the story is true and not some hoax.

Where did you find in that article that states he lied and he was really planning on nuclear weapons? Perhaps your BIAS mind conjured that up?

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Well..in sweden we have a bounch of nuklear powerplants and back in 1950´s we had a internal debate about to have nukebombs or not..but because we didn´t had any exterial threat we choose to not have..
But if any country would have threaten us like israel threat iran..no one could have stoped us to get the nukes..

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
The OP is extremely misleading, borderline outright lying.
They were talking about their enrichment process, which could be for fuel. They said nothing about building nuclear bombs, aka "nukes."
So,
"Iran: We'll Speed Nuke Progress"
That's completely wrong. Someone should change the OP to avoid confusing people into believing something completely wrong.

You perhaps didn't noticed the source, the famous Fox News. It's their "religious right" to spread disinfo and propaganda.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
But... I thought Iran only enriched uranium for peaceful purposes? [/sarcasm]

Doesn't really make sense to me, to threaten your ''enemies'' with harmless low-enriched uranium...

Hmmm. I read iran's comments as if you bother us we'll enrich more, but if you leave us alone we'll also enrich more.

So, what is the West supposed to do?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join