It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS 2010 - Part Three - Dark Meat or Light Meat?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1kftabove
DARK

i use CRT and it does use less energy,

and does less long term damage to the monitors.

... although i feel having the option for everyone is the ONLY answer.

Holy Crap a CRT that is awesome. Star for you if it was possible

On the topic at hand please go dark.

[edit on 9-3-2010 by ventian]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Dark meat! And now I'll keep typing for a bit so as not to violate ATS's one-liner responses.

Thanks for asking!

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Darkness!

I like to sit in a pitch black room, and read the newest posts on paranormal, and alien activities... Forces me to confront my vivid imagination, to challenge my fears. White letters stand out crisply in the darkness. If I can't see them, I zoom in. (ctrl + in firefox)

The only issues I have are the 'Kontera' context-ads in lighter "quote" or "snippet" backgrounds. Seriously: Yellow on gray is really hard to read!
I solved this by using AdblockPlus.
Note: 'Kontera', and epilepsy inducing flashy uglyness are the only ones I block though, as you've managed to display several interesting/useful ads in the past.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I think Dark Meat. I agree, much easier on the eyes.

I haven't been here long, but I can tell you I feel very comfortable here and I'm really looking forward to seeing the New ATS.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Definitely dark meat. I see better in the dark.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
From a practical standpoint, I like the dark. I'm an on call pilot and my night vision adjusts better when I have to leave ATS and actually go work for a living.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I lOVE LOVE the dark version..........please keep it as an option or I will be so sad

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I like the Dark Side as well...makes it easier to read and IMO its better looking.

Maybe a compromise for those who disagree...alternate post one dark and one light.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
For sure it gotta be dark!

Much easier on the eyes and no flickering effect like you get from the white background with black text.

Dark, dark, dark it's like the ATS signature those lovely dark screen shots!

I vote-Dark

Peace

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I don't even see the difference between the two..... or maybe it's just me?

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Light meat all the way, please.

I agree with those in this thread who already asked for greater contrast between text colors and the background color. Light yellow against pale gray does not "grok" with me either.

Thanks for reading. ATS is still the most entertaining and informative debunker site online.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
The light one does it for me, but then again, I already wear glasses

tweede regel

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I don't know if anyone realized that there is now an option to toggle between light and dark. Was that always there or was this part of this change? I noticed this about a week after this thread popped up.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Ooooh dark meat, definately.

It has an 'at home' and low strain feel.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Definitely dark. It's part of what makes ATS unique among other websites. Now if we could just get rid of those ads.....

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Hi

I've been confronted with the color BB code which is not really easy on the eyes a number of times now.

It seems that what looks good on dark is hardly visible in light mode and vice versa.

I was wondering if there has been a final decision regarding the dark and the light mode.

Is it going to stay as it is now or is there decided to go for just one ?
I'm sorry if it is already said. I have missed it if it is.

Kind regards

~ Sinter

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I quite understand that most people are expressing a preference for the dark option. I do hope you can keep this an optional toggle. For you young people who prefer dark, you can still see in the light version. For us older people (I'm 61) light is not simply an option. It's the difference from being able to use the site or not use the site.

The real problem is contrast. When you use the dark option some of the colors in links are effectively INVISIBLE. That's true sometimes in the light version as well, for example, yellow on white, but it happens most often with the dark version. I can't fix this by increasing the screen size. I can't read it with a magnifying glass. I simply can't read it at all.

Now here's a little news flash. ATS is a business. The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requires a business to make reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities. Requires. Period. In my view providing a light option is a reasonable accommodation--especially since you have already proven it can be done. You do it now. Please make sure the option remains.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I'll be 61 in a few months and it's dark for me.

It's so much easier on my eyes.

I hope we retain the option, though.

[edit on 2010/6/20 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

You are are right the option should stay.

Does anyone now a way the colors could be made less bright or something ?

Cause I like colors but I will not use them if it means some can not read it.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Dark Meat, please.

My eyes thank you!

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join