It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Status of Women in Islam - Stopping the disinfo

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

The Islamic religion and Koran aim to provide 'standards' and 'guidance' to the way one lives his or her life.

Can you imagine developing Software for Nuclear reactors without Standards and Guidance documents?

If we view our life in the same way in then religion and the Koran as a standards and guidance document makes sense.

What I'm presenting here is the actual 'sense' or 'nonsense' of the Koran - the standards by which people live.

If it is considered 'moroni'c then here is your chance to tell us why and not repeatedly spew out MSM nonsense without substance to argument.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aceofclubs
looking at you past posts tells me your a disinfo/propaganda agent for islamic intrests. you can pull anything you want from the Koran and the bible its the way thay are writen. so thay have an anser for most situations. but actions speak louder than words. i when to school with many muslims and the girls were second to the lads any disagrements between the sex`s resulted in large groups of males opposing the female to keep her/them inline so to speak

Really?

Just because he is trying to show a different side to a religion that the rest of the world paints as Evil he's a disinformation agent?

Even when he pulls things from the document that they list as the reason it is evil? There's a flaw in your logic there my friend.

Like stated in other posts, we are not talking about cultural divides here but we are talking about the ACTUAL religion and what IT calls for, not for what others do with it.

~Keeper

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Reply to post by Subjective Truth

Hate rhetoric is NOT and should not be protected by free speech. Free speech is not a free pass to acting like a d-wad hate to tell you. And removing that crap is their job. If you were the one being attacked you'd cheer their intervention.

Sorry for the off topic post again OP.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
If they are so good to women and women share such a high place in there religion why do we read story after story about inhuman acts? Is it something else other than the religion? And if so what is it?

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Sadly, the practice of people doesn't always jibe with their professed beliefs.

This means what many of us have been stating all along, that the religion of the land has precious little to do with the way their political leadership operates.... sound familiar?

Take all the negative things you can say about the people of the House of Islam, now take away the Islam part.... what's left is people. THEY are out there.. most are too nearsighted or narrow-minded to see that bad people are everywhere, in every religion, every ideology, every 'grouping' you can think of....

I'll say no more... I wish not to feed the xenophobic trolls.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Reply to post by Subjective Truth

You realise beyond religious bounds of conduct there are cultural ones as well and that often the latter is stronger than former? And the fact humans twist things to suit them? By all accounts and according to the Christian bible women should not have the rights they enjoy in the US.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
If they are so good to women and women share such a high place in there religion why do we read story after story about inhuman acts? Is it something else other than the religion? And if so what is it?

Why indeed. That is a very good question. Think hard about it.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth

Good question,

The problem is the way that these people act according to how they're CULTURE treats woment, it's nothing to do with the actual religion.

~Keeper

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I don't understand why if Mohammed consummated his marriage with his NINE-year old bride A'isha that you can say Islam is good for women. This is not a cultural issue, he was the FOUNDER of the religion. Come on guys, how stupid do you think we women are? Ah wait. I already know the answer to that.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by novacs4me

You bring up an interesting point there that is worthy of a thread of it's own.

I will compile my sources for that question and respond when I have done so.

In the meantime you will find here:

www.submission.org...

The notion that Muhammad married Aisha when 6 or 9 is not true and is a vile lie. But that is entering the realm of the authenticity of various Hadith.

The Quran is what is under the spotlight here as mentioned in the original post.

P.S. The site that you posted is a hate filled anti-Islamic site FULL of nonsense and falsehoods. It's not surprising you found that there.

[edit on 10-2-2010 by Jinni]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I was going to say in A-stan they practice pederasty it is disgusting beyond any other crime. A friend of mine witnessed it himself and he said what can I do if I shoot the guy theyll all come to kill me. He reported it to his CO and nothing came of it, they told him its the culture here.

There was an article about it in the newspaper here too about Canadians doing nothing about pedophilia there.

I cant imagine a Chechen muslim doing that...

reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

I have to disagree all hate speech no matter how vile should ALWAYS be protected by freedom laws. Ironically after Germany made hate speech jailable it became more like Nazi Germany than ever... how ironic.

Its like the old saying, I disagree with what you say Id defend to the death your right to say it. I certainly would.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I think it is important to understand that a religion, any religion, can only be judged on the actions of those who currently practice it.

What used to happen or is supposed to happen is irrelevant in the face of today's reality.

Of course, not all Muslims are conservative or orthodox and the treatment of their women is comparable to any 1st world western style culture.

Alternatively, it can be argued that women are treated badly, at some levels, in all cultures and religions today.

However, the fact of the matter is that, of all the major religions being currently practised, Islam has a the worst record for the treatment of their women.

[edit on 10/2/10 by Horza]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Horza

I'd have to disagree.

Let us consider this analogy:

If there is a law that says pedophillia is forbidden and society goes ahead and does it anyway is the law to blame or the society?

What I'm saying here is that we shouldn't throw the baby out with the bathtub.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jinni
reply to post by SaturnFX

We are not talking about generalities here. We are talking about the status of women. Not killing each other or whether God exists or whether we are stupid idiots.

There are many the believe status of women in Islam is "stupid and idiotic". I am presenting to you the real deal about the issue.

So why is the Status of Women in Islam Stupid and Idiotic?

1) ya, but people people will believe anything. When I was in Egypt, I noted that there was women dressed up like batman standing next to women wearing jeans and tshirts...seems to be a family decision verses a islam decision.

2) I never said they were...I used to work with a iranian muslim woman accountant whom was frankly one of the more intelligent and stronger accountants in the firm (I was their tech).
I said all religions in general, to me, are stupid...especially when they start assuming nonsense about the other guys religion (and typically use that to justify why the other guys must die)

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
interesting, i think there's some give and take to it all. it's really an ecenumical matter.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Do you ever notice how it's always someone else s fault. They blame the Christians. They blame the Jews. They even blame society and culture, yet the problem is what they really believe. The evidence suggests that they see themselves as the masters of women. Women are below men and kept much of the time like cattle wrapped under sheets to hide them lest anyone should see their beauty. If a woman looks at a man for more than a mere quick glance she is beaten and could even be killed. Anyone read about that 13 year old girl and what they did to her for just talking to boys? When you look to judge Islam, judge it by what you can see, and what you see doesn't testify well of Islam.

I have read the Quran. I have found it to contradictions through and through. Love your neighbor except when you're going to kill him. Women are equal except in practice. Make peace, but only to regroup so you can attack again.

No, there is no dis info on Islam's treatment of women. The truth is out there.

BTW, lest any of you complain, take note that I replied on the issues and answered them directly, so it's not hate, it's just the facts as I know them to be.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Well can you support your claims with references from the Koran because it seems you are contradicting the information I posted but without any analytical evidence whatsoever.

I posted 13 points in reference to how women are viewed and those views are supported by the Koran.

There are over 1 billion muslims in the world and that number is growing in all parts of the world (especially in Europe). So I don't take your view as fact and uncovering the 'fact' is what this thread is all about.

[edit on 10-2-2010 by Jinni]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinni

By that rational, religions have diplomatic immunity and cannot be made accountable for the actions of it's followers.

This I disagree with.

My argument is that there is no separation between a religion and those that currently practise it.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinni

Hmm.

Lets see if I get *snipped* LOL!

Jinni, are we on the same planet? Are we talking about the same 6th century religion that hasnt changed since, well, the sixth century?

Women are loved and blah blah. Koran tells you so. Great.

sooooo, why is it women get stoned to death when they are molested?

Why is it that ANYONE is stoned short of child abuse?

Why are women victims of "honor" killings so much that in Europe they have safe houses.

I'm not even going into WHY their are so many muslims in Europe.

I've seen footage of a 7 or 8 year old boy that supposedly stole a loaf of bread.

His punishment?

They held him down and let a car slooooowly roll over his arm with a tire. Without a doubt, his bones broke.

Oh, they are just being literal with the Koran.

Buddy, we crucify SOB's for that sort of thing in these parts. Its called child abuse. There was a time we could handle it WITHOUT the law meddling in.

Ahhh, the good days before the commie ACLU!

Jinni. Face it.

Islam is about the most barbaric, backwards, and just insane religion left on the planet. Patriarchal societies are one thing but JESUS CHRIST! You guys (or at least the ones you defend) have had the inquisition going on BEFORE Europe had theirs and AFTER they had the "enlightenment"!

Dont that kinda tell you something?

I'm quite honest and open in my opinions. I'm a Texan AND I'm Volksdeutsch!

I really have little use for muslims. People that are just from that area BUT not muslim? Hey, no prob. I think the Iranians are being screwed royally by the muzzies in power.

Everything that the muslim world touches goes to crap. You say "look at saudi"? yeah. Thats western greed at its finest. If not for the oil under their feet they'ed just be selling camels and spice still.

I truly feel for the women and kids in these areas.

Hmm. will I get smacked by a mod? we'll see. Just stating facts.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jinni
reply to post by Horza

I'd have to disagree.

Let us consider this analogy:

If there is a law that says pedophillia is forbidden and society goes ahead and does it anyway is the law to blame or the society?

What I'm saying here is that we shouldn't throw the baby out with the bathtub.

Pedophilia (until recently) was a killing offense by the family or town affected (well, around here anyway). It is still (somewhat) in that when you go to jail here in the States, the inmates WILL find out....you will be very "popular" with some very lonely men.

The difference is, we punish law breakers. We have a moral compass that says its wrong to abuse women and children. Those that do are ostracized IF they're lucky. This separates us from you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join