It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to end Mid-Eastern wars and make Arabs our allies

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno
It was economically inasmuch as Europe had no choice. Access to the East and the resources there was being cut off by Islamic powers. It would have been more economical to continue using the land routes.

Happy ending for Europe, they found a whole new continent and vast untapped wealth. So the elite continued to prosper, and the victims in the lands once held so dear by the powers in Europe were forgotten and the Christians who once lived there not spoken of again. And Islam ascended.

Not so much of a "happy ending" for the Native-Americans though, huh? Remind me of what the history books said, was it Muslims or Christians that slaughtered and enslaved those people?

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I'm not here to attack Christians, I'm simply pointing out the double-standard that you guys are applying to Muslims. Acknowledge it, because it is true.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by budaruskie

Big sigh. Is the point of this thread just to say that what Muslims are doing TODAY is the same as what Christians are doing TODAY, or are Christians TODAY and FOREVER responsible for the actions of earlier generations? Please tell me where Christians are waging war TODAY against non-Christians. Or where we are engaging in violent conquest. You said we are making life a living hell for non-Christians. WHERE????!!!!

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Most cultures and religions on this planet are not retrograde. You'll find only inquiry and scientific achievement among such cultures. A constant refinement of the human condition will be seen among such people. One will find prosperity and a flowering of arts and individual expression among individuals living under such forms of social control. Among the great centers of human expression, there is a dearth of Islamic examples.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
However, as I have said in the past, Islam can be at peace with the whole planet and we with them save for three little things.

Jihad
Apostasy
Sharia

You do not see such cultural expressions from other lands. Or do you? I am not sure. Do Hindus kill those who leave them?

[edit on 13-2-2010 by mike_trivisonno]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

However, as I have said in the past, Islam can be at peace with the whole planet and we with them save for three little things.

Jihad
Apostasy
Sharia

You do not see such cultural expressions from other lands. Or do you? I am not sure. Do Hindus kill those who leave them?

I misread what the question was and retract my answer.

[edit on 2/13/2010 by budaruskie]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Not so much of a "happy ending" for the Native-Americans though, huh? Remind me of what the history books said, was it Muslims or Christians that slaughtered and enslaved those people?

You keep pushing us off course! But, this is so ironic, no? If not for the muslims cutting off the trade routes east, the Europeans may have never ventured across the Atlantic. America would probably be all Chinese lands.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I now retire from this thread.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Apostasy

I only know of one religion where you are killed for leaving, and that is Islam. Now, some religious cults may shun you, but the shunning itself should be a real good clue that you are looking at a cult.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by budaruskie

Jihad
Apostasy
Sharia

No, but Jews do.

Bull crap.
2nd line

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by novacs4me
reply to post by budaruskie

Big sigh. Is the point of this thread just to say that what Muslims are doing TODAY is the same as what Christians are doing TODAY, or are Christians TODAY and FOREVER responsible for the actions of earlier generations?

No, the point of this thread is to make you think about how to peacefully live with Muslims. To be more exact, I was hoping to have some Muslim perspective but they are obviously too busy jihading all over the place and mutilating little girls.

Christians should be held to the exact same standards as you believe Muslims should be, that is my contention.

Please tell me where Christians are waging war TODAY against non-Christians. Or where we are engaging in violent conquest. You said we are making life a living hell for non-Christians. WHERE????!!!!

Jesus.....have you ever heard of places like Iraq or Afghanistan or Yemen or soon to be Iran? If we are considered a Christian nation, which we are, and they are not, then by definition we are waging war against non-christians. Althought this is not the topic at hand and is heavily debated, it is mine as well as many others opinion that we are there literally for conquest and not for protection of our homeland.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I was not pushing you off course, I was pointing out fallacies in your logic. Often times, that scares people away and they quit because it is not easy. I enjoyed our conversation.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by novacs4me

Jihad
Apostasy
Sharia

No, but Jews do.

Bull crap.
2nd line

You are right, please see my edit. My mistake I misread the question.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I was not pushing you off course, I was pointing out fallacies in your logic. Often times, that scares people away and they quit because it is not easy. I enjoyed our conversation.

Bye all.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Jihad
Apostasy
Sharia

For the record, I thought this was a very good post after re-reading it. Bravo!

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

have you ever heard of places like Iraq or Afghanistan or Yemen or soon to be Iran? If we are considered a Christian nation, which we are, and they are not, then by definition we are waging war against non-christians. Althought this is not the topic at hand and is heavily debated, it is mine as well as many others opinion that we are there literally for conquest and not for protection of our homeland.

So you think Christians are waging war against non-Christians? For what reason? No one ever converts to Christianity by force! Jesus would never have condoned such behavior. He said that if anyone didn't want to hear what you had to say, to wipe the dust off your shoes and leave. Now do the Muslims believe we are trying to convert them by force? Maybe. But if they do, it is because it is an accepted idea of Islam to do that. Have you ever heard of 'the ends justifies the means'? Well, Jesus very clearly taught against that. Mohammed had no problem with it, though, and in fact, encouraged it.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by novacs4me

It is not my belief that our country is in Muslim territory waging war because they are non-christians. We are there to take whatever we want and to perpetuate the flow of funds to the war machine. I do believe, however, that many Muslims think we are there for religious reasons. Notice that I am saying that they are wrong in this regard. Furthermore, I do not wish to weigh the differences of the two religions because I don't believe in either. One is no better than the other to myself, but it has been my experience that the Christians I know are extremely intolerant of Islam. When asked why many say because Islam is etremely intolerant of Christianity. See my point?

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

It is not my belief that our country is in Muslim territory waging war because they are non-christians. We are there to take whatever we want and to perpetuate the flow of funds to the war machine. I do believe, however, that many Muslims think we are there for religious reasons. Notice that I am saying that they are wrong in this regard. Furthermore, I do not wish to weigh the differences of the two religions because I don't believe in either. One is no better than the other to myself, but it has been my experience that the Christians I know are extremely intolerant of Islam. When asked why many say because Islam is etremely intolerant of Christianity. See my point?

I understand why you would feel that way. I understand why anyone without faith would wish all faith would just disappear.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

May I ask you a question regarding your religion? It is not an attack but is a very enlightening question I was introduced to in a college philosophy class? If you say no, I will abstain.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

May I ask you a question regarding your religion? It is not an attack but is a very enlightening question I was introduced to in a college philosophy class? If you say no, I will abstain.
Ask away...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join