It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Britney Spears Find - Subliminal Messages

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
walt your link in the first thread doesnt work..

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 07:42 AM
link   
We could try to reverse something older, like a old Christmas song, to see what the result is.

Also, we can try and reverse the US national anthem, maybe we can find something interesting.

[edit on 18/12/2004 by ArMaP]

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Listened to a tape once on this. That was many many eons ago. This thread piqued my interest. Anyone know of a good site which provides downloads ? I am using an antique Pentium 3 though.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Why would overtly sexual entertainers like Spears need subliminal messages. What evidence is there that language played backward has any meaning whatsoever to the listener?

The subliminal message witch hunt had it's heyday when music and entertainment was relatively clean. Today, there are no limits and the effort to implant subliminal messages, not to mention seeking them out, seems like wasted time and energy.

[edit on 04/12/18 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Somehow I think that placing subliminal messages in backwards would be pointless since the human brain, even at a subconscious level, would be incapable of deciphering such a message.

Listen to a few simple words, try to imagine, syllable by syllable, how it would sound backwards, and then reverse it to see if you were right. I'm pretty sure you would be only slightly close at best.

More effective would be placing sounds at a very low level, or stretched out in length and mixed in with all the other sounds. Your ear might no pick it out from all the other instruments and sounds, but your subconscious might.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Why would overtly sexual entertainers like Spears need subliminal messages?

No #...

Her song titles alone are some kind of playmate advertising...

Not a girl, not yet a woman
I'm so curious
Overprotected

etc. etc. (and that Madonna collaboration...jeez!)

She's pretty right in your face about the fact she's a ho...

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Its fairly common, and not necessarily a deliberate subliminal message.

The pioneer and 20 year veteran of this field, Australian David John Oates, describes Reverse Speech as another form of human communication. He states that language is bi-level, forward and reverse. As the human brain constructs the sounds of speech, it forms those sounds in such a way that two messages are delivered simultaneously. One forwards, which is the conscious mind speaking, and the other in reverse, which is the unconscious mind speaking.

Reverse Speech Link

i tried recording most of my conversations over a week, and i found some very interesting things. most of which were too clear to be a coincidence.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   
is britney spears looked up to and idolised by girls these days or not? I dont know much about pop music culture since i steer clear of it and stick to my independent intelligent rap music (as opposed to 50cent etc) and my classical music which has been awesome for 100s or years (both western and eastern)

just wondered because i remember her interview clip in farenheight 9-11 (soz bout the spelling) where she's saying we should all stop questioning the president and how she trusts him and we should all just get behind him or something.

[edit on 2/1/05 by el_illumbrato]

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
speech in reversed audio is not subliminal messaging. its broven that even the subliminal and sub-concious mind cant decipher backwards songs.. so its not subliminal messaging.. is just messages in reversed audio

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Backward masking?! Wow! 70's Flashback!!

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   
hahha yea lol believe it or not.. i actually ahve the whole stairway to heaven song reversed lol

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I didnt want to start a whole new thread on Britney Spears.. Honestly I can't stand all the coverage on this woman.. But I found this very interesting video that put many things that we see on TV in context.

And something I could grasp and really sink my teeth into!

Has anyone else seen this? I found it to be worth watching

THis video will talk about the effects that her handlers have put this poor girl threw.. You take a look and really see that she was used to put messages into young girls heads at a young age.
All her songs where written for her, and her persona was given to her aswell.. She began to break free of all this, and thats why all this happned as of late with Britney..
This is the only way I can even start to watch anything like this..
I try to stay away from media hype, but this really makes sense to me..
And an ATS style message here in this video

[edit on 9-12-2007 by zysin5]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by xenophanes85

I am sorry but I want to add that if that "sleep with me I am not too young" one is real, then that is BS. It is stated clearly. And i have yet to find someone who said they played it backwards and that she does not say that. Not everyone that plays it backwards is biased against britney and willing to fake such a message.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Pink Floyd's "Hello, you've found the secret message!" segment yet!

I will join the consensus that most of these backwards messages are things that people want to hear. Usually it's a rumor started by a person with Tipper Gore-esque values who doesn't realize that going on about secret messages is only going to popularize the song and help the artist. Case in point is, as was already mentioned, Stairway to Heaven... "ZOMG! It's got screwy lyrics and a backwards message! It's about Satan!"

I always thought a much more interesting, and effective, way to get a secret message into the song would be to record the message, then slow it down or speed it up and fit that in to the music.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join