It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Britney Spears Find - Subliminal Messages

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
After being inspired by another thread to do some Britney Spears research I found out a few things, and I'm far from done. I was able to confirm that when reversed in "hit me baby one more time" - the flash had not been doctored and that was the proper mirror sound.

Further more, oftentimes Spears' music vocals sound a bit off, so I too a cursory look at another song, "Outragous." Using an MP3 ripped directly from a CD, Sound Studio 2.0.7, an iMac running 10.3.4 I found the following:

When the entire song is reversed at reverse timestamp 0:51 (part of the chorus) we have something a bit strange. What is normaly "My sex drive ....outrageous... my shopping spree...outrageous... world tour" becomes "I was so horney .....he reaps his passion ....I wish I got some" I hope to have an upload made soon so you all can judge for yourselves, but this is the chorus of the song, and is repeated throughout. This shares a commonality with the other Spears observation, as the message is in the chorus.

Alright, I got the file up. Be warned it's 2.2 MB and in aiff format:

homepage.mac.com...

[Edited on 28/5/04 by waltmarkers]

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I would actually love to hear it, my friend is a Womens Studies major at my school and they deconstructed Britany Spears for a class. It would be interesting if it is the case.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I can definitly hear "He reaps my passion". Decent find! Don't know how you can handle all that BS though... (Britney Spears... not Bull#... although, IMHO, it's the same thing...).

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Makes one wonder where else these subliminals are hidden...

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
sorry. don't buy it. It is fun to speculate though.

The "backwards" masking effect is for the most part, an urban legend.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I understand, and I find it highly suspect that it is entirely done with purpose, however I took a peek at another song, Me Against the Music. I found the same effect in a repeating part of the song. I like my new audio editing toy

When reversed, at timestamp 00:02.4 we have the phrase "come on Britney" but it sounds a little odd forwards. Backwards we clearly have "leave me mama" and it's even clearer than the orginal phrase. Considering what others have found, it's interesting. Again, listen for yourself, the file has been added to the website mentioned previously.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Earthscum
I can definitly hear "He reaps my passion". Decent find!

I heard it too. Does anyone care to speculate as to the "why" of the subliminal messages in her music? What is the purpose of the messages? It seems like an awful lot of trouble to go to, putting subliminal messages about sex in an already overtly sexual song. I could see a motive if it was hidden in something more innocent than Britney's already suggestive pop songs.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Well, with as much post production as there is rumored to go on with Britney's vocals, would it be that hard to do? And as hard to understand has some of her vocals are, maybe they thought someone would find them eventually, write about it in the main stream, and there would be a new rush to buy a old CD.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Facefirst

The "backwards" masking effect is for the most part, an urban legend.

It is probably not done in the studio, but in Britneys subconcious. People are finding backward speech all over these days. You are probably doing it yourself and don't even know it. Do a web search for backwards speech. I bet if you recorded yourself talking on a reel to reel recorder, then flipped the reels over and listened to it backwards that you would find messages from your subconcious self to your conscious self.

[Edited on 6-1-2004 by groingrinder]

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I prefer hearing only music no singing.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   

The Beatles used tapes played backward for musical effect in some of their recordings, though they allegedly put in backward or subliminal messages announcing Paul McCartney's death when he was much alive. Jimmy Page, guitarist and occultist, is said to have inserted the backward message "here's to my sweet Satan" into his "Stairway to Heaven." The former was clearly intentional; the latter is said to be accidental by many of those who have listened but have not heard. It is likely that many listeners are hearing what they want to hear or are hearing what others tell them they will hear.

Link

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Notice how the backward masked parts are sort of self referential to the overt messages. I suspect what we are seeing here is not deliberate, but rather an emergent effect of the compound nature of language. The study of Mimetics suggests that language may have quasi-autonomous functions that we are barely aware of. What we "hear here" may be a serendipitious example of language's covert mechanisms........

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Right, lets do an experiment. Any member feel free to say something random, about 3 mins long, recorded it and play it backwards to see what is said on the recording. Just say random things that come into your head and we shall see what we find

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
It is probably not done in the studio, but in Britneys subconcious. People are finding backward speech all over these days. You are probably doing it yourself and don't even know it. Do a web search for backwards speech. I bet if you recorded yourself talking on a reel to reel recorder, then flipped the reels over and listened to it backwards that you would find messages from your subconcious self to your conscious self.
[Edited on 6-1-2004 by groingrinder]

I don't know about this "subconcious" business, which BTW sounds interesting, but I can record any person saying anything, then play it backwards and there is a very good chance that you might "hear" a word or two. It is just mere chance and coincidence.

I know a thing or two about the industry. I am a professional musician. No one sits around thinking up backwards messages. Studio time is too expensive!

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Right, lets do an experiment. Any member feel free to say something random, about 3 mins long, recorded it and play it backwards to see what is said on the recording. Just say random things that come into your head and we shall see what we find

Hey infinite how do those of us without reel to reel recorders do this? The backwards speech websites say that you need a reel to reel recorder to do it. I have cool edit pro and gold wave for sound editing. Do you know if it is possible to play recordings backwards in one of those? BTW THIS IS A GREAT IDEA FOR AN EXPERIMENT.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Hey infinite how do those of us without reel to reel recorders do this? The backwards speech websites say that you need a reel to reel recorder to do it. I have cool edit pro and gold wave for sound editing. Do you know if it is possible to play recordings backwards in one of those? BTW THIS IS A GREAT IDEA FOR AN EXPERIMENT.

Im not sure, but its worth a try. Try it on a sound editing program, plus there is a website which reverse waves for free of charge

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I like this idea too, by the way most audio editing software have a "backwards" "reverse" or "flip horizontal" filter that does the same thing as playing backwards on reel to reel. My Sound Studio and Soundtrack software bot make short work of this.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
What I don't understand is how people think they hear words or sentences if you play a song backwards. In order for something like this to be true, the song witer would have to write it around the reversed subliminal message, which would make it impossible to create the normal un-reversed lyrics. If some other band or artist did a cover of this song, you wouldn't be able to find the words, since the sounds, melody, notes would or might be different. The mind can hear things if you are looking for it. The only reason people who will now listen to it will hear the words, is becasue they are looking for them. If it really is subliminal messages, why would it be in reverse? The brain doesnt think in reverse. It would have to be a faint underlying correctly oriented message to be truly subliminal where you dont have to go out of your way to hear it.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Reverse Speech is a discovery, made by Australian Researcher David John Oates, of a new form of communication that has the ability to uncover a deeper truth and meaning behind what we are actually speaking. As we speak consciously, the brain is generating messages arising from the unconscious. These messages occur constantly throughout language and can be heard very clearly at least every 10 to 15 seconds by simply playing a recording of normal speech in reverse.

(1) Human speech has two distinctive yet complementary functions and modes. The Overt mode is spoken forwards and is primarily under conscious control. The Covert mode is spoken backward and is not under conscious control. The backward mode of speech occurs simultaneously with the forward mode and is a reversal of the forward speech sounds.

(2) These two modes of speech, forward and backward, are dependent upon each other and form an integral part of human communication. One mode cannot be fully understood without the other mode. In the dynamics of interpersonal communication, both modes of speech combined communicate the total psyche of the person, conscious as well as unconscious.

(3) Covert speech develops before overt speech. Children speak backwards before they do forwards. Then, as forward speech commences, the two modes of speech gradually combine into one, forming an overall bi-level communication process.

link

Reverse Speech is another form of human communication that is automatically generated by the human brain. It occurs every time we speak and is imbedded backwards into the sounds of our speech. This previously undiscovered function of the mind is the mind's own independent voice speaking from the deepest regions of consciousness.

This form of communication can be heard if human speech is recorded and played backwards. Once every five or ten seconds, very clear and precise phrases occur.

If the forward language is English then these phrases will be in English and they will usually be grammatically correct. They are very quick and fast and are often hidden in the high tones of speech. For this reason, speech reversals are very easily missed by most researchers.

Reverse speech is the voice of truth and it is complementary with forward speech. The two modes occur simultaneously yet are formed in different areas of the mind. Simply, forward speech is from the left brain and Reverse Speech is from the right brain.

Link

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I found this one in britneys toxic song, i slowed it down and reversed it. It says "squeeze my tits".

www.freewebs.com/beefcake4eva/britney.swf

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join