It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin to Washington Post: I'm not ripping Rush

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Sarah Palin to Washington Post: I'm not ripping Rush

Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin is criticizing a report on a Washington Post blog claiming that she is going after conservative radio show host Rush Limbaugh.

On Thursday the Washington Post blog The Plum Line posted an item under the headline "Palin Camp Rips Limbaugh, Hits His 'Retard' Comment as 'Crude and Demeaning.'"

After the former GOP vice presidential nominee attacked White House chief of staff Rahm Emanuel for using the word "retarded" during a private meeting, the blogger asked spokeswoman Meg Stapleton if Palin would also rebuke Limbaugh for using the same word on his show.

"Gov. Palin believes crude and demeaning name-calling at the expense of others is disrespectful," Stapleton said, prompting blogger Greg Sargent to use the headline.

Source

So apparently when another NeoCon/Republicans spout off "retarded" comments, it's not nearly as damaging as when someone from the "other side" commits the offense (even when the comment was said in a private forum).

You can argue that Rahm works for an elected official so he should watch his words more carefully, but realistically, Rush Limbaugh reaches and influences far more people than Rahm Emanuel does. If Palin was truly concerned about the use of the word retarded in our vernacular, she would have come out blasting Rush, who not only made his comment in a public forum, but a forum that garners thousands upon thousands of easily impressionable listeners.

Instead, Palin's camp comes out and tries to shift the topic back to the White House instead of addressing Rush's remarks directly.

Does anyone really, honestly think Palin is any different than the other politicians in our national spotlight? I think not.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Avenginggecko

Does anyone really, honestly think Palin is any different than the other politicians in our national spotlight? I think not.

Lets see:

-Talks a lot without saying much, check

-Supported bank bailouts, check

-Recognized more for look and personality than what she says, check.

Yep, seems like she fits right in. Except with that kooky congressman from Texas. Nothing like him.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
The only reason palin has any fans is because she has big chumbawumbas

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I don't support any of the people in this situation, but my understanding is Limbaugh is catching it for saying that R word but he was quoting Rahm E.

If this is the case I understand why Palin is not upset with him. Besides, Limbaugh makes his money from making over the top comments, not unlike Stern. I don't understand why he is even mentioned in the regards as politicians, he's not, he's an AM radio show talk host.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Looking at the source, it's fairly obvious. The sour grapes coalition has been on an all out fingerpointing campaign against their rivals the Democrats.

Thats exactly why this country is going down the shi##er.

There is much too little emphasis on the issues at hand by those supposedly involved with politics , and more upon the media driven political fingerpointing.

Just look at the recent campaign with Coakley and Brown in Mass.
An elitist democrat held that position for nearly 50 years.
Which really is ridiculous, there should be laws against that.

People are fed up with the same old same old political mud slinging.
Regardless of which direction from which it originates.

As for ailin Pailin, if she hasn't anything more constructive to contribute to the issues, the US is facing, she should just STFU and find another line of work.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Wow, a blog says, that someone says, that Palin would say.

My God, is this the crap we have to read on this site now.

How about this, I say whoever posted this should really think about what they are spreading.

Ignorance.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by slicobacon
I don't support any of the people in this situation, but my understanding is Limbaugh is catching it for saying that R word but he was quoting Rahm E.

If this is the case I understand why Palin is not upset with him. Besides, Limbaugh makes his money from making over the top comments, not unlike Stern. I don't understand why he is even mentioned in the regards as politicians, he's not, he's an AM radio show talk host.

He wasn't quoting Rahm. He said, jokingly, that he agreed that liberals were retards.

Rush Limbaugh is synonymous with politics. His entire career has been spent shaping public policy into Republican public policy, and just because he is a form of "shock jock" should not excuse him for making remarks his ally Palin rails against.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
Wow, a blog says, that someone says, that Palin would say.

My God, is this the crap we have to read on this site now.

How about this, I say whoever posted this should really think about what they are spreading.

Ignorance.

I completely disagree. Palin has positioned herself as someone who has "gone rogue" and is outside of the two party establishment: a darling of the Tea Party Movement. This is further evidence that she is nothing more but a carefully crafted image made to appeal to a certain segment of voters.

The fact that she's willing to publicly politicize Rahm's private comments in order to bring attention to something she supposedly holds dear, but unwilling to do the same for a Republican shock jock who also conveniently appeals to the exact same demographic as her followers, is extremely telling.

If I find a story I think shines some truth on who our public figures really are, then I'm going to post it. I really don't give two flips if you think it's ignorance because you're also a Conservative, but I happen to think that a highly unstable and disingenuous figure such as Palin is far too close to holding national public office for our country's own safety.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I am going to lower myself to subhuman standards for a moment and actually defend Palin and her response here (or rather, lack of one).

Rahm is, like it or not, a offical representation of the government and therefore should choose his public words carefully. simply sucky but necessary part of being in a lead roll

Limblah is a fat cheap hack whom makes his whole existance by being the political version of howard stern. Palin shouldn't have to even dignify a response to anything he says (nobody should...the more you point at him and say bad, the more his ratings jump...just ignore the troll).

Sarah did the proper thing by simply ignoring him, and the proper thing again by calling out the administration to curb their wordings. One persons joke is another persons deep offense.

ok, now that I said that, I need to go take another shower...bleh...

[edit on 5-2-2010 by SaturnFX]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
"Illustrating absurdity by being absurd"

Rush uses words the Democrats use against them to point out how absurb they sound.

The Barack the Magic Negro episode was the classic example of this. The liberal LA Times called Obama "Barack the Magic Negro", Rush pointed it out, yet Rush was branded a racist because of it.

To understand Rush you actually have to listen to him. If you just take a small part of his comments, with no context, you will never understand. The lame-stream media has perfected this attack on Rush, and people lap it up.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Avenginggecko

So let me get this right:

Palin's SPOKESPERSON gave a comment, which I imagine is their default answer to this question, that using such language should not be accepted by anyone.

So the spokesperson gave the answer she is supposed to, and it is taken as WORD FOR WORD what PALIN said...as if it was straight from her mouth.

I'd probably being calling fowl on Palin's part if she was asked this question directly, but she wasn't.

So this statement:
"So apparently when another NeoCon/Republicans spout off "retarded" comments, it's not nearly as damaging as when someone from the "other side" commits the offense (even when the comment was said in a private forum)."
Is ignorant to the fact that Palin did not say these things. Plain and simple.

And hey..how about trying this on for size... a politician did something, in this case, called out Rham, and apparently, it wasn't taken well across the country. Now, a similar situation arises, and it's treated differently because, surprise surprise, someone learned a lesson!

gee whiz...I never knew it was so wrong to grow and learn from life.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Incredible, the amount of disinfo going on in this thread.

Did any of you actually listen to Limbaugh's show that day? It appears not.

He stated several times that he was making fun of Rahm. He was not using the term to disparage the mentally challenged.

He made it crystal clear. But of course, the reaction from the masses is exactly what we see in this thread.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Avenginggecko

I actually agree with you on Palin, but this WHOLE thing is being used to vilify the conservative movement.

The fact is, that the majority of people in the US are conservative in the fiscal sense. The fact is the majority of people are liberal when it comes to social issues. The fact is the majority of people are conservative/libertarian when it comes to the Constitution and government size.

The National Tea Party Convention and all the rest of the crap going on in the MSM is a TOTAL plan do decry and subvert the REAL movement.

As I said before, the whole move by government and the MSM is to stop this movement because the movement wants to stop the Global Governance move and the Fascist movement behind it.

We the PEOPLE do not want to control the world, we do not want taxation without TRUE representation, we do not want a manipulated fiat system, we do not want corporate control of our government, we do not want to be slaves to a debt and government that is frelling out of control, etc etc etc.

If you believe anything that I just stated, you are with the movement, if you want a Totalitarian government you are against this movement.

Where do you stand?

new topics

top topics

join