It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India moves to tackle sex attacks on tourists

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Originally posted by ViperFoxBat
The number of men outnumber women by a large amount in India. I believe this is due to aborting of girls. There are a lot of horny guys in India without a female partner.

Scratch off India as your next vacation spot. Problem solved.

Yeah there's only 579,060,737 women...

2009 est.

www.xist.org...

Persons 1,027,015,247
Males 531,277,078
Females 495,738,169

That's 35,538,909 men with no wife. I guess there is always the farm animals.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Ohh informative and sexy.

out of date is true.

Although I'm out of date, there were other stories in the past which correlated with the recent one which the Indian national was burned.

There was a sequence which would cause anyone to think the recent attack was also racially motivated. That being said:

SOURABH Sharma, an Indian international student, was travelling home on the train after a shift at KFC when he was brutally bashed and robbed by six people.

As the 21-year-old lay on the floor, being kicked in the head, face and ribs, his attackers screamed racial insults. They left him bleeding, broken-boned and crying on the floor of the train while other passengers watched and did nothing to intervene.

www.theage.com.au...

Let's not forget about the racial riots against Middle Eastern nationals which backfired and white people were targeted in response.

And in regards to Indians liking girls, well it is a fact, I have Indian friends, they all seem to like white, does that make the rape a little better, no, hell no, it is the same but I'm just trying to lay the facts on the ground.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Live in Australia do you?

If you wish to lay down 'facts', then you must be aware that it was the anti social behavior, (multitudes of rapes, beatings and racism etc) and contempt for Australian culture by Lebanese muslims that created the riots in the first place. This is beyond interpretation or debate.

Get your facts correct!

Anyhow, this is off topic so I won't discuss this any further.

IRM

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
reply to post by oozyism

Live in Australia do you?

If you wish to lay down 'facts', then you must be aware that it was the anti social behavior, (multitudes of rapes, beatings and racism etc) and contempt for Australian culture by Lebanese muslims that created the riots in the first place. This is beyond interpretation or debate.

Get your facts correct!

IMO he's well aware of the facts and is spreading blatent disinformation. I explained that the guy who got torched did it to himself.. and the guy who got murdered then torched was attacked by indians yet he ignored that and proceeded to try repeat the PROPOGANDA and LIES in indian media. A kid got murdered on his way to work.. this was very tragic but the indian media has tried to say these other accounts were more examples of racist hate crimes when it's been proven that they weren't racist (the indian couple who murdered the indian fruit picker) or didn't even happen (the loser who set himself on fire :lol

I was absolutely stunned when he said that raping white girls was not racist hate crime but a symptom of indian women liking white chicks! wth?

Since when is rape NOT an expression of hate and malice?

I suspect those people who seem to completely ignore the facts so they can try derail threads back to aussie bashing again may be political disinfo agents.

[edit on 5-2-2010 by riley]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

Ohhh I'm an agent, I wish the Indian government would pay me to be an agent, I wouldn't really mind proving Australia has deep racist elements.

Any who you can rape based on racial racial lines, meaning a black man could rape a white girl merely due to hate.

But at the same time they could also do it for sexual pleasure, and most rapes are committed due to sexual pleasure.

That is that, I didn't know in regards to the Indian national who was supposedly set on fire, I only heard a glimpse from news. Now that I know I corrected myself, if that makes me something better then be it.

[edit on 5-2-2010 by oozyism]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
reply to post by riley

I wish the Indian government would pay me to be an agent, I wouldn't really mind proving Australia has deep racist elements.

Agenda stated loud and clear! So.. why wouldn't you mind proving it? Do you hate Australians? I'm interested in what motivates your negative attitude toward Aussies. Care to share it with us?

IRM :shk:

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Agenda stated loud and clear! So.. why wouldn't you mind proving it? Do you hate Australians? I'm interested in what motivates your negative attitude toward Aussies. Care to share it with us?

Negative, no not at all, but if someone pays me heck I would do it. I wouldn't mind ridiculing anyone, especially Western states since they love freedom of speech, so let's give them speech.

Money makes the world go round, don't forget

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Let's not forget about the racial riots against Middle Eastern nationals which backfired and white people were targeted in response.

It's quite clear YOU do not remember these things at all.

Those riots began as a protest in response to middle eastern men beating up 4 life guards among other racial attacks against aussies.

www.smh.com.au...
THE mother of one of three volunteer surf lifesavers bashed on Sunday afternoon by a gang that claimed ownership of North Cronulla Beach says she fears for the safety of her 20-year-old son.

"He had just finished a double four-hour patrol in front of North Cronulla Surf Club with his 19-year-old friend, and they were walking off the beach to sign off and come home when it happened," the mother, who wished to be known only as Donna, said yesterday.

"My son said there were four young Middle Eastern men. One of them said to his [19-year-old] friend: 'Get off our beach'. They said: 'We are here to protect you, to save you from drowning', then my son's friend got hit."

Within a minute, Donna said, both young men were being punched by up to 16 men, who attacked a third member of the club, aged 15, who tried to stop the fight. The melee left all three with bruising to their faces and the 19-year-old with stitches to his head after he was "king hit" from behind and knocked out.

What about the FACT that in Sydney there was also a gang of middle eastern men who were systematically luring and gang raping aussie girls.. for some reason you "forgot" that.

en.wikipedia.org...The Sydney gang rapes were a series of gang rape attacks committed by a group of up to fourteen Lebanese Australian men led by Bilal Skaf against women and teenage girls, as young as 14, in Sydney Australia in 2000. The crimes — described as ethnically motivated hate crimes by officials and commentators [1][2][3] — saw blanket media coverage, the passing of new laws, and the sentencing of "more than 240 years" of jail time to the nine men convicted of the gang rapes. In court transcripts, Judge Michael Finnane described the rapes as events "you hear about or read about only in the context of wartime atrocities".[4]

Lets not forget how one Sydney muslim cleric spoke about how aussie women are "uncovered meat" and their rapists were like innocent cats who could not help themselves..

www.theaustralian.com.au...
THE nation's most senior Muslim cleric has blamed immodestly dressed women who don't wear Islamic headdress for being preyed on by men and likened them to abandoned "meat" that attracts voracious animals.

In a Ramadan sermon that has outraged Muslim women leaders, Sydney-based Sheik Taj Din al-Hilali also alluded to the infamous Sydney gang rapes, suggesting the attackers were not entirely to blame.

While not specifically referring to the rapes, brutal attacks on four women for which a group of young Lebanese men received long jail sentences, Sheik Hilali said there were women who "sway suggestively" and wore make-up and immodest dress ... "and then you get a judge without mercy (rahma) and gives you 65 years".

"But the problem, but the problem all began with who?" he asked.

The leader of the 2000 rapes in Sydney's southwest, Bilal Skaf, a Muslim, was initially sentenced to 55 years' jail, but later had the sentence reduced on appeal.

In the religious address on adultery to about 500 worshippers in Sydney last month, Sheik Hilali said: "If you take out uncovered meat and place it outside on the street, or in the garden or in the park, or in the backyard without a cover, and the cats come and eat it ... whose fault is it, the cats or the uncovered meat?

"The uncovered meat is the problem."

The sheik then said: "If she was in her room, in her home, in her hijab, no problem would have occurred."

He said women were "weapons" used by "Satan" to control men.

I suspect those gang rapists had been listening to him speak for years.

..or maybe they just "liked" white chicks eh? kinda like how cats like uncovered meat?!

reply to post by riley

Ohhh I'm an agent, I wish the Indian government would pay me to be an agent, I wouldn't really mind proving Australia has deep racist elements.

What I actually said was:

I suspect those people who seem to completely ignore the facts so they can try derail threads back to aussie bashing again may be political disinfo agents.

You fit the bill of a (self appointed) disinfo agent because you mentioned the race riots and said they were a reaction to aussies being racist yet completely failed to mention any of the very relevent historical facts I mentioned that preceeded the riots. Instead you chose to derail this thread by bad mouthing aussies for riots that have NOTHING to do with sex attacks against tourists in india which is what this thread is meant to be about.

You leacture us on forgetting those riots which implies you know all about them so why on earth did you omit those RACE GANG RAPES, the life saver bashings and the cleric actually blaming the victims for not covering up..? You did not mention it because you have an agenda against australians and against the TRUTH. Your ignorance about what really happened and your assertion that it was all due to aussies being racist proves this. Why wouldn't your government pay you to be a disinfo agent? because you suck at it.

Any who you can rape based on racial racial lines, meaning a black man could rape a white girl merely due to hate.

But at the same time they could also do it for sexual pleasure, and most rapes are committed due to sexual pleasure.

That statement sickens me.. if you truly believe that and think rape is a justifiable reponse to sexual arousal you need to get help ASAP. Rape is an act of hate and domination. If a man is aroused by a woman and rapes her that shows HATE.. you do NOT violently brutalise someone you like.

You seem to share the same disgusting attitude towards women as that muslim cleric.. after all rape is just something men do to show they like a woman. Right?

Read this before you post anymore foolish misconceptions about rape:

www.articlesbase.com...According to Kidshealth, the act of rape is considered as forced, unwanted sexual intercourse which has nothing to do with passion or love. It is an act of aggression, violence, power and control, therefore rape is seen as a violent hate crime, not a sexual crime.

Rape is about power, control and anger, not sexual arousal or gratification. An article by Nicholas Groth titled ‘Men who rape’, states that men seldom find sexual satisfaction when committing this brutal act. So what could their motives be? Groth states that rapists speak about aggression and the satisfaction of having power and control over their victims. Their goal is to capture, overpower and control their victims. It is clear that the offenders gain pleasure knowing that their victims are helpless and suffering because of them.

They rape because they hate (white) women.. not because they like them.

That is that, I didn't know in regards to the Indian national who was supposedly set on fire, I only heard a glimpse from news. Now that I know I corrected myself, if that makes me something better then be it.

You corrected yourself?
You just claimed the guy was set alight in a racist attack in reply to the very post where I said it was proven to be a botched insurence scam. :shk:

Your anti aussie agenda is very clear. You say you wouldn't mind proving australia has some very deep racist elements yet you are posting lies and propoganda which only reveals your own racist core. All you are only concerned with is slandering aussies and parroting racist falsehoods.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
[SNIP]

Anyhow back on topic, people don't go to goa for spiritual enlightment, they go there to party.

And YES... Rape DOES happen in india.

Edited off topic comment

[edit on 5/2/10 by masqua]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
The thread topic relates to India, NOT Australia.

That 'side topic' is derailing the thread.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

Ah, yes I agree.

Yeah, maybe India did get it back into their faces. We believe in karma, don’t we?

But, we cannot just be surprised that this happens in one country. It happens everywhere – brothels are created, slaves are sold and so on. I was watching a recent film called ‘Taken.’ It was rather good in voicing this; it was set in France I think and then the two teenagers kidnapped where taken away to be prostitutes. I guess this happens in basically every country. Bear in mind, India is a developing country. When the UK or USA was at the stage, I bet they did the same.

India, in my opinion, however doesn’t seem to produce as much as these “hate crimes” as seen in other countries. It just appears that maybe the government is tidying up things, hiding it away – just like all governments do.

[edit on 5/2/2010 by BlackPoison94]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
[SNIP]

Anyhow back on topic, people don't go to goa for spiritual enlightment, they go there to party.

And YES... Rape DOES happen in india.

Well that makes it OK then I guess. If you don't go to India for spiritual enlightenment, then I guess you deserve to be raped!

IRM :shk:

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackPoison94

Originally posted by masqua

Ah, yes I agree.

Yeah, maybe India did get it back into their faces. We believe in karma, don’t we?

But, we cannot just be surprised that this happens in one country. It happens everywhere – brothels are created, slaves are sold and so on.

I do not think that is the problem. We can never irradicate rape but when laws allow and tolerate sexual assaults without consequence that "tolerence" becomes part of the overall culture. Groping and other "small" sexual assaults are (correct me if I'm wrong) called "Eve teasing". Even the term itself blames the victim (as eve tempts adam) so when such attitudes exist in regard to the smaller assaults.. that excuse can be taken to include full rape. I have no doubt that rape victims could be accused of "eve teasing" even if they are victims of brutal assaults.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Attention: Let's put an end to the personal jabs. There was already a staff notice above to keep things on topic and to not insult fellow members.

Please discuss the topic and not each other.

Final notice.

Thank You.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
www.southasianpost.com...

"This type of harassment referred to as “eve-teasing” rarely result in any punishment in India. The latest incident involved two girls from Canada, holidaying with their families in the backwater resort of Kumarakom in the Southern state of Kerala."

oozyism,if you had taken the time to refer to the OP you would have found that Riley was quoting from the news link provided.

Please refer to the mods posts and keep your posts from becoming personal.

[edit on 5-2-2010 by Cygnus_Hunter]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cygnus_Hunter

www.southasianpost.com...

"This type of harassment referred to as “eve-teasing” rarely result in any punishment in India. The latest incident involved two girls from Canada, holidaying with their families in the backwater resort of Kumarakom in the Southern state of Kerala."

oozyism,if you had taken the time to refer to the OP you would have found that Riley was quoting from the news link provided.

Please refer to the mods posts and keep your posts from becoming personal.

And if you read my post you would have noticed that I wasn't talking in regards to any punishments in India. I was talking in regards to his comment:

I have no doubt that rape victims could be accused of "eve teasing" even if they are victims of brutal assaults.

Which is in the lines of the Australian cleric we were talking about before:

Sheik Hilali said: "If you take out uncovered meat and place it outside on the street, or in the garden or in the park, or in the backyard without a cover, and the cats come and eat it ... whose fault is it, the cats or the uncovered meat?

"The uncovered meat is the problem."

zzzz

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I fail to see how your continual off-topic posts are making a contribution here.Also,having a quick scan through this thread,in no post has anyone made ANY reference to this discredited imam.

Back on topic.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join