It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People Are So Clueless About Gold!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
This video is just sad, people are so ignorant because they just don't care enough to understand anymore. I wonder with so much knowledge available to us via the internet, how people seem to be even less knowledgeable than ever these days.

Video did not work

People were offered a piece of gold for free if they could guess it's price it was a 1 once Canadian gold coin. They were so far out it was laughable.

I wish that video worked it was so funny

www.youtube.com...#

Maybe this will work

Ok now it does

[edit on 4-2-2010 by Blue_Jay33]

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
17 Bucks, LMAO.

I have to go do some buying in Cali!!!

Like on that CSI show, when a guy sold a bunch of uncut diamonds to a jewish dealer for 100k, when they were priced in the millions, because the dealer told him it was worth less for not being cut.

[edit on 4-2-2010 by Republican08]

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I am not even finished watching the vid and it is so sad to see people are so stupid.

Oh my god.

All the people deserve to die in a zombie appocalypse....

[edit on 4-2-2010 by Quickfix]

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I've watched a couple of this guys videos now. They are quite entertaining.

People are so oblivious and stupid.

It really just goes to show you how under control they and we all are.

That might actually be a bad thing with the mass media brainwashing machine able to isolate and destroy, those who are aware, who fail to fall into line.

Of course ONE otrisized illuminati could go rouge and turn into a terrorist bringing the entire world economy to it's knees. I think that could be the point of the entire 9/11 excersise.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
The world is made up of Shepherds,

They lead the Sheeple around. It's actualy very sad to see that video.

You could say that video could also apply to the same people who Vote. That is why America has the President it has. Voting Today Doesn't come down to Knowledge, Doesn't come down to how the Candidate is eligible, Doesn't come down to Politics even. All it comes down to is Oprah sticking up for a Black Man to become President. If is wasn't for Oprah or TV, the Sheeple wouldn't have a clue who the President was either.

Obama was voted in because of Publicity and the Race Card. That's all. No-one would've known who Obama was except for the TV.

It doesn't surprise me at all that people haven't got a clue as to what gold is worth. Although it's announced on TV every morning, who watches the Finance Segment? But, Put something on like "Miley Cyrus Little Sister To Sell Lingerie", Everyone knows about it and then it get's a thread here on ATS.

BY GOD we people are Stupid..!!!!

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Here is something to think about. If there ever is a SHTF scenario, food will be your best friend. Not gold, not money, not silver, and not ammo. When you are starving, and a disaster of some kind has wiped out all available luxuries, FOOD will be what you need to survive.

You can't ingest the aforementioned items. Well, I suppose you could but you would develop quite the tummy ache.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by purple23

I agree with you except about ammo.
shooting stuff never goes out of style.

whether for fun,empire-building,hunting or home defense ammo is always a good choice.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Nothing valuable about gold unless you want it to be.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
As of 2/3/10 , Gold is Trading at $1,106.1 a Troy Ounce . Gold Speculators are predicting that the price could Soar to $3.000 in less that 2 years due to the Dollars decline and Inflation . Yes , it pays to be Informed , dosen't it ? ............

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit
As of 2/3/10 , Gold is Trading at $1,106.1 a Troy Ounce . Gold Speculators are predicting that the price could Soar to $3.000 in less that 2 years due to the Dollars decline and Inflation . Yes , it pays to be Informed , dosen't it ? ............

It was just shy of $1,000 when I was paying attention last year and they were calling for $2,000 - $3,000 gold back then. There were a couple of realy good gold sellers on AM radio that I used to listen to before my satillite radio installer disconnected my AM attenna on my vehicle. Gold sellers should move to satallite radio.

I do believe that gold is going higher as people lose all faith in the government to solve the current mess.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by purple23
Here is something to think about. If there ever is a SHTF scenario, food will be your best friend. Not gold, not money, not silver, and not ammo. When you are starving, and a disaster of some kind has wiped out all available luxuries, FOOD will be what you need to survive.

You can't ingest the aforementioned items. Well, I suppose you could but you would develop quite the tummy ache.

First of all, in a "SHTF" scenario, if you have food but no guns and I have guns but no food, guess who wins.

Secondly, it's not like we have two and only two choices: 1) Scrounging for cans in Mad-Max land versus 2) endless bubble-licious double-digit gains on housing and flawless marble countertops for everyone.

There are many middle grounds; life is rarely, if ever, so clear-cut.

I see a far more likely scenario being a slow downward lurch. You might have chaos and near-collapse in some areas...you already do in some parts of Detroit, where even functioning electricity and water is intermittant in some neighborhoods and there is close to 50% unemployment. I think you will see increasing stories like that but not everywhere, and not all at once.

It's not like one day the birds will be chirping and the sky will be blue, and then all of a sudden everything is chaos and mayhem the next. Unless there is is global nuclear war, an asteroid strike, etc.

Barring this, I believe paper/electronic currency, stocks, and other abstract assets will continue to be traded and used for some time...just most of them will slowly but surely lose their value as they are inflated to pay for debt (government/business/personal) and impossible committments like pension obligations and other forms of welfare (both public and private). In such an environment, anything with tangible value and/or limited supply will continue to increase in price. People won't be shaving little bits of gold off a brick to barter for a loaf of bread (at least not any time soon)...they will still be able to sell their gold for money -- but that amount of money will, in my opinion, continue to be greater and greater for at least some period of time.

[edit on 2/4/10 by silent thunder]

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
god i never get tired to watching Americans flaunt their ignorance and stupidity for the world to see. hehe its a bit like a car crash you feel sorry for the people involved but you cant stop looking at the carnage. meanwhile secretly thanking god its not happening to you. IF i ever have kids ill be pointing to America and saying " see those moron's... thats what will happen to you if you dont eat your non GM vegetables and dont drink your reverse osmosis filtered water "

having said that not all americans are stupid and ignorant....unfortunately for the world the smart, intelligent, caring and understanding few are out numbered.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I can understand why these people think it's so cheap. 1k+ for a piece of metal out of the ground, who would of thought?

1k worth of food can last me for weeks in a survival situation. Sorry, gold is for pretty jewelry, decorations and used in electronics nothing more.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by tim1989
I can understand why these people think it's so cheap. 1k+ for a piece of metal out of the ground, who would of thought?

1k worth of food can last me for weeks in a survival situation. Sorry, gold is for pretty jewelry, decorations and used in electronics nothing more.

I've got a closet full of canned food around here. Wanna trade some gold for it?

I'd be more than happy to relieve you of any useless "metal dug out of the ground," as long as its gold, silver, or a rare-earth metal.

[edit on 2/4/10 by silent thunder]

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Yes people are stupid in general. But so is this dude hosting the show. He is plain annoying and rude. I can immediately think about several ways to make this "show" heaps better.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by tim1989

understanding why they dont know isnt the point. The reason they dont know is because they dont care. they dont care because they dont understand. They dont understand how the financial system works they dont understand how supply and demand works they dont realize what their government is doing. They have been made retarded by all the reality tv shows and Mc happy meals. Its a hard bitter pill to swallow. The fact of the matter still remains the same you got played and played hard. you got conned and are still getting conned. Only when your realize this fact can you change the situation. you cant fix something until you acknowledge that its broken.

how a country can print trillions of dollars of money and not suffer inflation is one of the great mysteries of all time. Incidentally the reason a tiny piece of metal from the ground is so valuable is because you cant pull it out of your A$$. minerals such as gold and silver that have a role in industry are seen as safe bets in time of economic instability. Which if your didnt have your head in the sand you would know the country is facing. and thus did the price of gold and silver go up.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

hahahah read my mind. no wonder there so dull. justification of stupidity is the most dangerous thing someone can engage in.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
How do we know he didn't cut out the people who guessed it right?
Anyways...he was lucky that day he did't run into someone like the guy from the juwelershop.....or me.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
How many people invest in Gold? Not many.. they might indirectly through various funds, but not many buy physical gold (talking normal people) .. Gold is for the vast majority, far out of their price range. It's out of mine, I know that much.

I don't find it surprising that almost no one knew it's value. If you have no Gold, the value of it is meaningless.. and maybe it's a sign that in SHTF scenario, your pretty gold coins will be useless. A sack of grain, a box of ammo, shelter, hand tools, these things are more valuable that physical currency.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
There are several things going on here, and I wouldn't be so quick as to dismiss everyone as stupid.

As zastar says, I'm sure they have cherry-picked the reactions to make it appear funny, with the genuine people who questioned him with smart questions edited out.

Second, people are going to act very differently when being filmed, thinking it is some sort of scam and they will be humiliated on tv. Most would just want to get out of there.

Third, who comes to you on the street and wants to sell gold? Scam alert goes off straight away. Best to stear clear, especially if it is a smooth-talking creepy guy.

Fourth, for those who did inside know the gold was worth something, again someone coming up to you on the street and wanting to sell something very valuable for very little $ - scam alertx2. Stolen property. Or the gold is fake. Most people would think they are being set up, or cops are waiting around the corner etc.

These sort of ridiculous, biased, edited videos are not funny, just tired and lame in my opinion.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join