It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open Homosexuality In The Military May Cause 'Natrual Disasters'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Guzzeppi

I mean don't get me wrong here. I do not expect everyone to be instantly pro-gay. It is going to take time and I am fine with that. I just can't fathom how even if a homosexual hits on me it damages me in anyway.

-Kyo

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by KyoZero
It's so so so about time that we allow gays in the military

I've known one who wanted to come out but was unable. Then I knew another who did come out and was beat up

I am so happy to hear this as a progressive military man

-Kyo

You do, of course, realize that some or many of the first to "come out" will quite possibly suffer terribly at the hands of their fellow soldiers? Think they'll ultimately think it was worth it in order to make a mostly political statement?

[edit on 2/2/2010 by centurion1211]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

I've known one who wanted to come out but was unable. Then I knew another who did come out and was beat up

-Kyo

We can make this very simple. If a straight man makes unwelcome advances to a women in the militaary, there are (usually) serious repercussion. The same rule should apply to gays.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I am for gay rights, but a lot of us are missing something that is a major constituent of military culture. The military, along with other "masculine" jobs attracts many people who are not comfortable with their own homosexual tendencies. These people attempt to hide these tendencies from themselves and others by acting really "masculine."

If gays are allowed to openly serve, these people will probably inhospitably towards their gay comrades. After all, servings side by side with a gay person prevents these people from "proving" they are not gay. They can however, "prove" they are gay by acting harshly towards gay people.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Ummm.....gays causing natural disasters by God's wrath is such an idiotic notion.

Sodomizing the military? If its consensual behavior, who cares? Most people in the military do not use sexual aggression against straights or gays. Remember the UCMJ? It's a dictatorship and you follow the rules to a T.

Having been in the military and gay, I can assure you most of my many gay friends were quite conservative. I can also assure you per capita, there are more gays in the military than in the general population. My last assignment was full of closeted gays (I used to run into them at gay bars).

Retired and honorably discharged. Never, ever did I sexually approach anyone in the military that was not gay. It would of been a waste of my time. I learned my gaydar quickly when I went in.

Gays pose absoulutely no threat to cohesiveness in the military. Bigotry does however, which thrives behyond sexuality, religion, race, etc.

Why is it the fat ugly religilous dudes get so scared that every gay man wants to have sex with them. We have our standards just like you breeders.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by rainfall
I think it is......I actually gave you a star.......

I gave you one too

What is the world coming to

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
You do, of course, realize that some or many of the first to "come out" will quite possibly suffer terribly at the hands of their fellow soldiers?

I'm sure they realize it. And for the greater good, are willing to take the chance. Rosa Parks sat down in the front of the bus, knowing that she may be harassed, attacked, arrested or even hurt if she did so. That's not enough to make a segment of society accept being oppressed. It's just not good enough. Gay people are ready to stand and confront the homophobics who are threatening them with fear. Let these "soldiers" do their damage. It's a step toward equality and there are going to be bumps along the way. But in the end, gay people will gain their equality in the military.

Think they'll ultimately think it was worth it in order to make a mostly political statement?

This is not a political statement. It's a statement of demanding equality, just as women and blacks before them have done.

It looks like it is going to happen. Here's what Robert Gates and the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs, Admiral Mike Mullen had to say at the hearing:

"I fully support the president's decision. The question before us is not whether the military prepares to make this change, but how we best prepare for it."

Sitting next to Secretary Gates was the highly decorated Chairman of the Joint Chiefs, Admiral Mike Mullen, who then told the Senate panel that he had served with gay servicemen since 1968, adding that "everyone in the military has." The admiral noted that implementing the repeal of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" properly across the military was a matter of integrity.

"No matter how I look at this issue, I cannot escape being troubled by the fact that we have a policy in place which forces young men and women to lie about who they are in order to defend their fellow citizens," Admiral Mullen told the packed hearing room, including Senate detractors who sat not just across from him, but above him on the panel.

Source

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Boy, after having served 20 years in the military during the 1970's and the 1980's, I could tell you some wild stories.Gays in the military?They're there already and have been since man took up weapon to kill each other.

The military's biggest secret of all the gay things that went on in WW2 that they don't want to talk about.

I was stationed on an island with no women stationed there.The military was concerned and thought stationing women there was a good idea.

Built a barracks for them that made the men's look like a dog house.Started bringing them in to serve.Never saw one after working hours.All the places where people hang out were void of these females the service had spent so much time and money on.

They were all gay.They stayed in their nice barracks with private baths and a communal lounge.They partied among themselves.When they left at night they would travel in a pack.Get what they needed and return to their place on the hill.

Gays openly serving in the military?That should be interesting.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Well put!

This is not a political statement...it's a statement of equal human rights.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I don't understand people sometimes lol just when I think I know, there's more to learn and endure.. tragically lol. Nice Bill Hicks quotes btw, I love Bill Hicks

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
It's kind of funny too, I thought, that he seemed more content with a war raging about and rather contention with gays in the military. God's loyal messenger, I know lol

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Anyone else want the right to be brainwashed and used for greedy imperialist power grabs and mass blood sacrifice?

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Did anyone listen to the audio of this Nut Job..?....

I was told a long time ago; " Beware of what they're preaching against the most...that's what you'll catch them doing behind closed doors."

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Natural Disasters? OF COURSE!

Straight men don't want to sleep around other men when they could be interested in them sexually, number 1. A lot of gays purposely change their lifestyle to be more "feminine"...i say then yeah, allow gays, but sleep them with the females or form a gay barracks.

Anyone who has come close to any form of military knows that the majority of the military use "nancy boy", "fairy", other 'derogatory gay names' very frequently, including fag. It's the atmosphere.

On one hand i want to say yeah, let the gays join - they can die for stupid reasons just like everyone else. The military isn't an honorable institution anymore - you are putting your life on the line for corrupt politicians, not "the greater good"....on the other hand i would not want to serve with open homosexuality...the military will be facing big problems with this because i know many gays personally who are afraid of physical combat because of the fact they are more feminine. i'm assuming only the thickskinned gays will be joining.

either way, they're all pawns in the military industrial complex.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
this is a textbook example of my main problem with religions.
I could easily see this man making all gays wear a rainbow badge in public.
then of course you would want them on trains out of town...

I'm sure you see where i'm going with this,you'd think a rabbi would try to remain a little tolerant.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Family Research Council Calls For Criminalization Of Homosexuality

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by arbiture

-Kyo

We can make this very simple. If a straight man makes unwelcome advances to a women in the militaary, there are (usually) serious repercussion. The same rule should apply to gays.

Absolutely...rape is rape and sexual advances are sexual advances regardless of who the victim and abuser are and should be punished equally.

-Kyo

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint
I am for gay rights, but a lot of us are missing something that is a major constituent of military culture. The military, along with other "masculine" jobs attracts many people who are not comfortable with their own homosexual tendencies. These people attempt to hide these tendencies from themselves and others by acting really "masculine."

If gays are allowed to openly serve, these people will probably inhospitably towards their gay comrades. After all, servings side by side with a gay person prevents these people from "proving" they are not gay. They can however, "prove" they are gay by acting harshly towards gay people.

Please post your medical degree and the other credentials that allow you to make such a psychiatric diagnosis.

Or maybe you are just a wannabe "doctor" trying to post personal opinion as "fact". Isn't that what you think Rabbi Levin is doing? Isn't that an example of hypocrisy?

[edit on 2/3/2010 by centurion1211]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by rainfall

Wow! Mr. Yehuda claims gays cause earthquakes LOL. What a homophobe.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Well put!

This is not a political statement...it's a statement of equal human rights.

Everyone - well it appears almost everyone - knows that the gay rights movement is a political movement. It may have its roots in a quest for equal rights, but to say it is not political is disingenuous at best.

And look who is making the decision under discussion - the leading politician (obama) in the U.S.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join