It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Have Blue Eyes? Heres Why!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoodFella
I have blue eyes, with a quarter of my right eye being green-ish.
What does that make me?

Observant.

Second line.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by nik1halo
Hey are there any black folks on here with blue eyes? Rare I know, but I have seen it before and it really looks weird!!

I think albinos can have blue eyes, which makes me wonder if a blue eyed Caucasian and a brown eyed African mix created the first albino and occasional blue eyed black skin people also.

There really is quite a variety of us human critters running around this planet.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone

Err, mine are grey... with blue and green flecks.

Does that just mean I'm a bit of a freak?

That makes them Hazel. I have the same issue. And yes we are freaks but that has more to do with us being on ATS.

Truer words were never said my friend

Funnily enough, my whole family on both sides have hazel eyes (yes, I was aware that they are called hazel), going through 3 generations now.

It seems a very common colour where I live. Must have been a lot of in-breeding in the past

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sickle_And_Hammer
Man...Anything for Olive/Dark Green? Such a lame color anyway...My good looks offset it, yeah, but still.

Reading the article now...

Did you check the eye color of your cable guy or plumber?

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Another blue-eyed Alpha Male checking in...

Hey ladies, it's all true.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I have green/hazel eyes and my sister has blue eyes.
I've done our family tree and shock, horror......
We BOTH have EXACTLY the same ancestors.

This study just sounds like more propoganda to support the "out of africa"
theory to me.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Friends are you all personally telling something about yourselfs that may identify you better- just wondering, lmao

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cabaret Voltaire

Hey are there any black folks on here with blue eyes? Rare I know, but I have seen it before and it really looks weird!!

I think albinos can have blue eyes, which makes me wonder if a blue eyed Caucasian and a brown eyed African mix created the first albino and occasional blue eyed black skin people also.

There really is quite a variety of us human critters running around this planet.

I've often wondered whether black people with blue eyes are a result of having a caucasian ancestor somewhere, or just a genetic anomaly.

I also have an Indian friend with blue eyes. He says he's the only one he knows. He only has Asian ancestors as far as he's aware, but you never know what happened during the British occupancy of India.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

strange that africans were the first humans and yet people still seem to claim our species started in africa. Weird right? Oh wait, thats right, we were the originals. Unless you count those 9 foot tall blond humanoids from god knows what planet.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by factbeforefiction

Short answer to that one...

Yes We are !

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Was it a blue eyed girl that got dragged back to the cave at a young age by the strongest studly man?

Ayla! Zug zug!!! (some of you will get it)...

Intriguing idea....

*breaks into chorus of "We are fa-mi-ly!"

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by factbeforefiction
Blue eyed people are smarter too, and better looking, and the men are amazingly well endowed.

[edit on 2-2-2010 by factbeforefiction]

Damn my brown eyes!...I knew there had to be an explanation!

My dad and my son have blue eyes. I guess it's true when they say it skips a generation.

[edit on 2/2/2010 by Sparky63]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by guidanceofthe third kind
reply to post by Flighty

strange that africans were the first humans and yet people still seem to claim our species started in africa. Weird right? Oh wait, thats right, we were the originals. Unless you count those 9 foot tall blond humanoids from god knows what planet.

Visualise THE AFRICANAZ during PANGIA TIMES first if its too hard to visualize current AFRICANAZ decendents as your relations. Pangia times the MEDITERRAINIAN REGION NORTH AFRICANAZ -CENTRAL EARTH-(super melting pot everthing mixing) GENETIC CODES BECOMMING DORMANT OR RECESSIVE AFTERWORDS land all locked everyone from same region

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by guidanceofthe third kind

It is possible, if life started in the protective oceans before the land was habitable due to a thin atmosphere and the sun's rays not being filtered enough, that the lifeforms which slowly worked their way towards the surface could only survive if their outer covering was dark enough to protect them. This would mean that the lighter skins came about later after the atmosphere built up enough to filter solar rays sufficiently. Those salt water fish do have the entire rainbow of colors in their genetics.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

reply to post by guidanceofthe third kind

Those salt water fish do have the entire rainbow of colors in their genetics.

Interesting point indeed, likes how you put that together.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by factbeforefiction
reply to post by Cabaret Voltaire

... And Blue eyed women are certainly the most beautiful of all.

I'm trying to understand what happened way back when the first mutation showed up. How did the mating go along?

Was it a blue eyed girl that got dragged back to the cave at a young age by the strongest studly man?

Was it a blue eyed guy that was seduced by a wickedly intelligent hag?

How did it go I wonder.

[edit on 2-2-2010 by Cabaret Voltaire]

Maybe the blue eyed beauty dragged some poor slob back to the cave and had her way with him....hmmm....sorry I dozed off there for a moment. Either way, I'm glad it happened!

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Oh god here we go, this 'common ancestor' will almost definately be translated as being a visiting alien. Im so glad.

And for the record I have no proper eye colour, goes from anything from green to grey to blue. So thankyou to whichever ancestor of mine created the gene that means my eyes tend to go well with whatever colour Im wearing at the time.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
It would be interesting to see what the percent ratio is of skeptics verses spiritual types in eye color demographics...along with other aspects...see if having a specific eye color is simply a superficial mutation or if there are any other mutations that are yet unnoticed....

Some interesting studies may be:
percentage of blue to brown in overweight, income, crime stats, conservatives v liberals, etc.

Chances are they will be approximately the same, but neva know until you give it a go

and green eyed people...hmm...FREAKS!!!!!
(kidding)

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Cabaret Voltaire

or even more simply that africa as a rule is the harshest overall climate on earth. You could say the Himalayas but the napalese and what remains of the aryan indian lines are pretty dark as well.

But from the transpermia theory viewpoint:
african + couple million years in cloudy europe = caucasian,
caucasian + aryan = most of east europe,
east europe + what i call the yellows (yellow greys) = mongols
Chinese + yellows = Hans

and this continues to create blond haired blue eyed europeans and silver eyed asians which is still the rarest eye color. They do have the entire rainbow but it takes a push, either environmental or forced.

[edit on 2-2-2010 by guidanceofthe third kind]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluebelle
Oh god here we go, this 'common ancestor' will almost definately be translated as being a visiting alien. Im so glad.

And for the record I have no proper eye colour, goes from anything from green to grey to blue. So thankyou to whichever ancestor of mine created the gene that means my eyes tend to go well with whatever colour Im wearing at the time.

Yes, like a chamelion...

omg, your common ancestor was a reptilian! burn the witch!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join