It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Have Blue Eyes? Heres Why!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Cool, I have blue eyes
A lot of people ask me if they are colored contacts because of how bright they are. They change shades of blue when I am in the sun or even with different colors on. I must say I do have some pretty nice blue eyes

So can I join the X men now since I guess I am a mutant?!
I always wanted to wear that outfit hehe

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Interesting find Mr Skeptic!

From my bio classes, I remember that blue eyes are a recessive genetic trait- basically means your more likely to have a different eye color than blue. The only way your guaranteed to have a child with blue eyes is if both your parents have blue eyes.

I wonder why this mutation occurred, or what (if any) benefit arrived from it? I'm guessing that it happened in the European area, seeing as how it seems to be a common genetic trait among Europeans.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I have blue eyes as well.
I also do suffer from an astigmatism.

It seems like a weird majority of the people here have blue eyes.

Wish we could get some kind of poll going to see how many of the users on ATS have blue eyes. What if it ended up being 85% of ATS users are blue eyed? Would certainly lead to some questions.

Blue eyed people may not be smarter but we may be less prone to becoming gullible or something of the sort. We are all on Above Top Secret seeking information and answers.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I would imagine the mutation occurred about the same time (approximately 10,000 years ago) that humans made the convergence from hunters/gatherers and welcomed in the Neolithic Revolution. I'm sure the mutation was wide-spread by the time proto-states started forming roughly 6,000 years ago.

Humans spent millions of years evolving. Then, in a flash, made a great leap forward. No one knows why the development occurred. We only know that if we'd continued along the evolutionary trail without the unexplainable leap, we'd still be hunting our food. Farming and any sort of structural society would be thousands of years away.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I was thinking about this and now maybe I am just not getting it fully but...If you have a family say of 3 and two have blue eyes and one has brown, then how does the one with brown eyes NOT have the same ancestors as the two with blue eyes when they have the same parents? I hope this is making sense to someone because if everyone with blue eyes shares an ancestor then it would make sense that the direct relative, say a brother or sister, would have the same ancestors even if they dont have blue eyes....am I making sense to anyone?!

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Oh come on, a 'study' has found blue eyed people more intelligent, and etc... These studies I hear about are usually incorrect, the facts being warped and made to make a certain type of people (race, color, etc) to act superior to others.

I have blue eyes, brown hair, so no im not saying this because im cut at not having blue eyes (I always wanted green actually)...

Just the factor is, all these studies state one thing, yet where is the proof? More intelligent? Better looking? Better endowed? Righto, obviously we must believe every single thing we hear on the internet.

I know plenty of intelligent people, who did not have blue eyes and yet were leaps and bounds above the blue eyed folk they associated with.

What a farce this thread is... All these people with blue eyes now thinking their superior to everyone else because of a simple little website link. Propaganda imo.

[edit on 2-2-2010 by Aoxoa]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr_skepticc

Oh I thought it was because of CO2 and supposed man made climate change, isn't that suppose to be the cause of everything?

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
You would think a single mutation would be deluded quite fast and be gone. There must have been a good reason for this one to reoccur over time.

My question is, does anyone else out there ever notice their eyes change color? Of course, I can't see it when it happens, but I have been told that sometimes my eyes are blue, but sometimes they are green.

Once, during an arguement with her uncle, she told me they turned yellow and the iris got very small. Yes, I was very very angry!

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Monts

Originally posted by Monts
The only way your guaranteed to have a child with blue eyes is if both your parents have blue eyes.

That can't be right. Neither of my parents, nor my grandparents have blue eyes, yet I do. I don't know who taught you that but it certainly doesn't comply with my situation.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I have blue eyes as do many on the Scandinavian side of my family as well as the Brit/Irish/Scot/French side. lol

The other side is native american mixed with British...brown eyes and green eyes.

[edit on 2-2-2010 by whiteraven]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I'm was a blue-eyed, blond-haired aryan-looking dude when I was young.
Now I have auburn hair! WTF! LOL.

All my family and ancestors, bar my uncle have blue eyes.

Sometimes we blue-eyed folk are called 'blue-eyed' devils by other races!
In fact I read that the Nation of Islam considers blue eyes a curse!

I consider it a blessing

I do agree that blue eyes are a quirky and cool anomoly, intelligent design anyone?

[edit on 2-2-2010 by WatchRider]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Hm, I would have thought 50% chance if one parent is brown with a recessive blue gene and the other parent had blue eyes. (BR=brown and BL=blue):

Parent 1 = BR BL
Parent 2 = BL BL

Offspring chance = BR BL, BR BL, BL BL, BL BL

I'm tall/blond/brown eyed, my hubby is tall/blond/blue eyed. I would have bet on my kiddos being tall/blond/brown eyed. Both are tall/blond/blue eyed. Then I remembered my maternal grandfather has blue eyes so I must have gotten one recessive blue gene through my mother.

Interesting, I haven't studied genetics since my genetics class in 1987.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by tyranny22
I would imagine the mutation occurred about the same time (approximately 10,000 years ago) that humans made the convergence from hunters/gatherers and welcomed in the Neolithic Revolution. I'm sure the mutation was wide-spread by the time proto-states started forming roughly 6,000 years ago.

Humans spent millions of years evolving. Then, in a flash, made a great leap forward. No one knows why the development occurred. We only know that if we'd continued along the evolutionary trail without the unexplainable leap, we'd still be hunting our food. Farming and any sort of structural society would be thousands of years away.

Humans made a leap -forward-? When?

We'd still be hunting our food. Hm. Sounds like we'd be stronger, faster, smarter, wiser, keener, and more adventurous. Even more appreciative we'd be.

Structural society is a crystallization that happens when enough heat has been applied to the human ego.

Farming has always been done. We just made it "better" with our leap "forward".

Having blue eyes means that it is easier to see your pupils and it's harder to see your reflection in them. That's all.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta
reply to post by Monts

The only way your guaranteed to have a child with blue eyes is if both your parents have blue eyes.

That can't be right. Neither of my parents, nor my grandparents have blue eyes, yet I do. I don't know who taught you that but it certainly doesn't comply with my situation.

serbsta, I think you missed the word, "guaranteed".

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by EyeOnYou
both my parents and my brother have brown eyes and dark brown hair, whereas i have blond hair and blue eyes.
i swear my mom must have cheated on my dad with the milk man or somethin lol.

LOL

If this may reassure you, my last girlfriend had a daughter with the biggest douche bag of the area where she lived, they both are dark haired and brown eyes but their daughter is blonde with blue eyes, I'm sure she doesn't cheated on him, at least at that time when she didn't know me.............................
and the girl look like her father.

So I think your mother was and still is loyal to your father, maybe you don't care but at least you know your biological father

[edit on 2/2/10 by ufopunx]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Err, mine are grey... with blue and green flecks.

Does that just mean I'm a bit of a freak?

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Interesting find Mr Skeptic!

From my bio classes, I remember that blue eyes are a recessive genetic trait- basically means your more likely to have a different eye color than blue. The only way your guaranteed to have a child with blue eyes is if both your parents have blue eyes.

I wonder why this mutation occurred, or what (if any) benefit arrived from it? I'm guessing that it happened in the European area, seeing as how it seems to be a common genetic trait among Europeans.

My father has dark brown eyes, my mother has bright blue eyes. My little sister has blue eyes. My older sister and myself have extremely green eyes.

So I am not sure about the "both parents need to have blue eyes" idea..

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Hey are there any black folks on here with blue eyes? Rare I know, but I have seen it before and it really looks weird!!

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by nik1halo
Err, mine are grey... with blue and green flecks.

Does that just mean I'm a bit of a freak?

That makes them Hazel. I have the same issue. And yes we are freaks but that has more to do with us being on ATS.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I have blue eyes, with a quarter of my right eye being green-ish.
What does that make me?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join