It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What You Didn't Know About The War - Graphic, You Have Been Warned!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by libsmasher

1. Girls were PROHIBITED (under penalty of death) of going to school under Taliban rule. Furthermore, they were'nt allowed to read books at home either. Fact!!

And blowing up these girls sleeping in their homes with Tomahawk Cruise Missiles, Cluster Bombs and Arial Drone Attacks even at their weddings helped them exactly how?

The Taliban was already under serious pressure from internal forces within Afghanistan including the Northern Alliance whose long time leader a veteran of the Afghan War against the Soviets just happened to be blown up by assassins the day before September 11, 2001. That sure didn’t stop the CIA from showing up within days to start handing out pallets of American Cash. He was by the way one of the few Mujahadeen Leaders during the war against the Soviets who refused to take money and weapons from the CIA and wouldn't take a dime from them fighting against the Taliban after the war. He was also building schools and hospitals too in the areas he controlled, where women could go to school and work but he was doing it with only the money he could raise in Afghanistan from Afghanistan. He didn't want to get in bed with the CIA.

Ahmed Shah Massound was one very impressive man too PBS did a documentray on him about a year before he died and he and others were transorming Afghanistan the right way, Afghanis doing it themselves. All by themselves.

Strange he got killed like that a day before September 11th and the CIA had no trouble reaching an accomodation with his successor in the Northern Aliance isn't it?

Afghanistan was in fact working out their own internal difficulties and I don’t think the tens of thousands of young girls from babies to grandmothers who have been killed and maimed by American munitions got to vote on the importance of that happening to them, nor do I think that anywhere near that number would have suffered when the Taliban fell to the Northern Alliance.

Did you have a note by chance from any one of those tens of thousands of Afghan women and girls murdered by American munitions asking to come do that to them so they could go to school. An American school where they would be taught the importance of corpratism and consumerism?

2. School construction has been increased by 900% after the fall of the Taliban. Fact!! (U.N. Report)

That's great! We can teach them how to revere oil companies and thank us for dropping bombs on them, while we increased their poppy production 90 fold so the CIA could pretend not to be running the international Afghani Heroin Trade the biggest in the world, and how that never happened, or how we didn't get their puppet government to lease all the nation's copper reserves to China, and that they should be grateful that we built an oil pipeline for Royal Dutch Shell clear across the country even though most of them ride donkeys, but to be grateful we destroyed all their legal economic opportunities so they never have to become enslaved to oil like we are.

Is that what we are going to teach them in these schools? I want to go to one too!

3. Roads in Afghanistan resembled cart paths barely passable by yaks and horses after the retreat of Soviet forces in 89'. Now the roads look like roads! Go visit around khandahar in Jan. for more perspective. Roads are only important if you want to go places (ask the romans fool).

Afghanistan has always been rural and rugged and that's how the people who lived there preferred it. They aren't the Romans by the way.

Rome went bankrupt running a huge corrupt Empire that spanned the world, killing and robbing everything in sight and they built the roads so they could get to the people they wanted to rob and kill quicker.

That's all we are doing there, seen many yaks and donkeys and camels on our super highways in America or just big gas guzzling expensive cars that you have to buy gasoline and insurance for and if you don't drive it just right pay fines or go to jail.

Yeah I bet they are tickled pink about those roads. When you want to go to one stone hut your family has lived in for thousands of years to the one next store your neighbor's family has lived in for thousands of years, 4 lane toll roads are essential for your yak!

4.Air travel is the connection to the world. Ask Unicef if the airports are important.

Now would those be the airports that the international drug smugglers use to export all that increased opium production or would those be the airport that the Chinese executives who are stealing all of Afghanistan's mineral wealth to enrich a puppet government that won its election with alegations of voter fraud and rape those resources from the people of Afghanistan, or would those be the Pipeline and Oil company executives for the Pipeline that wasn't built for Afghanistan but simply across it to export oil out of the old Soviet Union that the Taliban refused to allow to be built, or would it be for all the mercanaries and military people coming and going who have been busy killing hundreds of thousands of Afghani Civilians, or is it really just for Unicef that has to feed the people after we have bombed and destroyed their homes and economy?

I bet they are thrilled to have this link to the world!

I can't wait to go there myself and cry and appologize for what we have done to those poor people.

5.Momma wants to cook dinner. momma can't cook dinner because there was nothing available for barter down at the sook (market) End of economics lesson on FREE TRADE.

Amazing a nation that drove out the Soviets, the English, Alexander the Great and Rome that's been around for thousands of years couldn't figure out how to put dinner on the table until we got there?

Can I have a hit of what ever you are smoking please.

6.I agree that you know nothing of the horrible murder and torture that the Taliban commited each day in the name of Allah!.... Well...suffice it to say that they can't hurt as many people as they used to because they keep getting moabs and jdams dropped on them...praise be to allah for this blessing!!

You are right we know little of the murder the CIA founded and funded and equipped Taliban committed, because all we have are your highly distorted, exagerated and biased version of it.

I guess foreign determination beats self determination and hey who cares if we have killed hundreds of thousands of more Afghanistans than the Taliban ever did, would have or could have.

Sure would be great if we actually learned to JUST HIT THEM INSTEAD OF EVERY FRIGGING BODY ELSE IN THE COUNTRY with our munitions huh?

7. Elections did not exist in Afghanistan before we brought them there. Splitting this particular hair shows your horses ass.

Wow I know I would be crushed and depressed without a huge bloated expensive tax and spend government with 600,000 laws on the books like we have and the largest per capita prison population in the world like we have.

Who needs governing yourself when you can have all that.

Of course you do know the election fraud to get Karzai reelected was actually worse than is what's alleged to happen in Iran and 3/4 of Afghanistan does not consider the Karzai government legitimate.

Which is pretty much why the Taliban is still around and more popular than ever they tell me.

Evidently they look pretty good in comparison as governors because their body count was a whole lot less than ours and the puppet regime.

Hey this alternate universe you live in, do they have vacation packages, I think it would be so cool TO ESCAPE REALITY LIKE THAT.

8. medicines and vaccines flowing into the tribal areas were not the point of the war, but neither were elections, roads, trade, female rights, etc. But that's not the point. Taliban bad, harbor Usama, Taliban enemy!! Simple for normal people to grasp.

Wow thank heavens they are all getting cell phones and cellular plans it makes it so much easier to triangalate them to blow them up.

By the way the Pennsylvania Dutch Amish the most Christian people in the United States don't use electronics either or modern medicine or have their women work out of the home.

Should we be bombing Lancaster PA with Cluster Bombs and Arial Drones too?

Did these people who rejected these things forever really want these or are we just creating a new market for our corporations to foist them on them? By first blowing up half their country and half the people in it?

9. Those ruins existed for 4000years. They were history. Because the taliban felt that their existance was an afront to their teachings, they dynamited them. They tried to erase history so they could insert their own.

Wow so I guess Napolean was really bad for shooting the nose of the Spinx in Egypt and the French, Brittish and Americans were swell for robbing all their antiquities, and of course the Vatican being nice enough to put fig leaves on every nude Roman and Grecian Statue and Painting they could get their hands on is really cool huh?

Did killing half the women, and children of Afghanistan grow back those 4,000 year old statues that could have made some corporation a heck of a tourist attraction?

Buddy I hate to break it to you but we kill, and I mean murder people in these wars, in cold blood, every day, day after day, year after year.

We kill a whole lot more of them than the Taliban ever would or could, and more than the Soviets ever did.

Pretty unbelievable considering every September 11th Highjacker was from Saudi Arabia.

What the heck is wrong with you?

[edit on 1/2/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by libsmasher
reply to post by Pacal Votan

8. medicines and vaccines flowing into the tribal areas were not the point of the war, but neither were elections, roads, trade, female rights, etc. But that's not the point. Taliban bad, harbor Usama, Taliban enemy!! Simple for normal people to grasp.

thanks for making my point for me.

your friend,
horse ass

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
bump

second line!

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by libsmasher

My uncle,served 4 tours of duty in vietnam,agent orange effected him.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic

Originally posted by Seanbomber

Just to add on to the top. Stop it with the Peace crap. Yes, needless war is horrible. But to push world peace on the populace, would be the equivalent of a forced utopia. War will only die out after the last man dies. If you really want to push peace, you better be COMPLETELY against conflict. That means drama, argument, revenge. You had better like or tolerate everyone. If you don't do this and you advocate total peace, you're a hypocrite.

Imagine that, shooting someone in the face is the same as disliking them. So if I've ever had a cross word with someone... I should be in favor of murder, rape, and theft in a country which has done no ill to mine?

Hard to see why you're in the military with logic like that.

Perhaps you should check your own logic, sir. If you believe in peace at any cost, you had best live your belief system. If the most greatest believers in their own philosophy cannot practice it day to day with powerful devotion, how can they expect others to follow in their wake?

My point is this: I have met many individuals who craved and pined for world peace. Yet at the end of the day, we're willing to go and start arguments, and whatever other form of minor conflict. Minor conflict has, historically, led to major conflict. It starts with a difference, a disgrace, a loss of honor. Indeed sir, your "cross words" will eventually, if pushed to enough of an extreme, lead to "murder, rape, and theft in country". If you don't believe that, you're living a lie.

Pertinent Example: In 416 BCE, the Athenian Polis of Greece took the little island of Melos and massacred the men, and enslaved the women and children. Why? The strong do what they can, the weak do what they must. Don't forget that this was a Democratic nation. War, sadly, can start on a whim.

[edit on 8-2-2010 by Seanbomber]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I started watching the video, but it instantly lost me when one of the guys stated "The military is a corrupt organization. Their goal is to spread death."

Then I turned it off. This video is pure propaganda. The goal of the military is to uphold our constitution by defending our country "against all enemies foreign and domestic". That's the goal. The military isn't some death machine created by warmongering politicians. The founding fathers even realized the need for an established militia because whether or not our country instagates war or defends itself from another country that does so, we are going to need military might sooner or later.

In war you are going to have civilian casualties. It's inevitable. Now the fact that we have individual soldiers committing atrocities is deplorable and certainly not representative of the goal of the U.S. military.

Blame the institution and not the individual who coimmitted the atrocity, huh? It's sad that those making this video can't see past their blind hatred for war to actually figure that out.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
I started watching the video, but it instantly lost me when one of the guys stated "The military is a corrupt organization. Their goal is to spread death."

It is obvious, even when you watch CNN or Foxnews that there exists corruption in the military. If I have to list news story I will, but it should be fairly obvious that the military has corruption.

Then I turned it off. This video is pure propaganda. The goal of the military is to uphold our constitution by defending our country "against all enemies foreign and domestic". That's the goal. The military isn't some death machine created by warmongering politicians. The founding fathers even realized the need for an established militia because whether or not our country instagates war or defends itself from another country that does so, we are going to need military might sooner or later.

"Propaganda is a form of communication aimed at influencing the attitude of a community toward some cause or position."

Propaganda like the word conspiracy has a dirty ring to it and is often misunderstood. Is the video attempting to influence the attitude of the viewer, yes it is. It's attempting to change the viewpoint of some Americans by showing the horrible things that come from an unjust war.

Allow me to fire back with all the propaganda we heard from the Bush administration on how we needed to go to war in Iraq. But wait, we didn't find links to Al Qaeda, oh wait no weapons of mass destruction, but hey we secured the oil fields first thing, what do you know. Propaganda perhaps was the wrong word to use, more accurately the word I would use is the word deception.

A fairly intelligent person should be able to see the difference between defending the country and the real reason why we are fighting the war, oil and big corporations.

I fully support the military as long as it's for the defense of the country.

[edit on 13-2-2010 by oconnection]

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I am sitting here in tears, shaken by this most powerful video that I have seen to date on War Crimes committed "on behalf of the American People". I am HONESTLY ASHAMED to call myself "an American:.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join