It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What You Didn't Know About The War - Graphic, You Have Been Warned!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

Agreed. While the word fits the definition, I am intending it to mean like you said, "one-sided and disingenuous," as is the MSM.

My main point is, that presenting any issue so one-sided, is a discredit to the audience, and assumes that they could not decide for themselves right from wrong and as such need to be guided like sheep.

Perhaps I wouldn't be as bothered by such presentations, if between the MSM, and the vast majority of bloggers and posters, every issue wasn't polarized and force fed to people.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by oconnection

I would have given it a chance. Then i saw the Bag o" excrement Frankin.

That kills any credibility right there. sorry. I'm sure your heart is in the right place though.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
The amount of ignorance and hypocrites around the subject of war simply....overwhelms me. And honestly, is starting to make me sick.

reply to post by calstorm

No, you weren't "anti-war" all these years, and now you're not REALLY "anti-war". What you're is called "hypocrite".

Go and aid this people? DO YOU EVEN REALIZE THAT YOU PAY FOR THAT? Want to aid them? Lift your butt out of your chair and move it around and do something useful other than preaching a youtube video.

Aid this people? Are you people for real?

reply to post by Faiol

why all the deaths happen in just one side?

Excuse me.... But did you just say that deaths are only happening in one side of the war? Are you drunk, or completely unaware of the reality in Iraq?

nice to see that americans are proud to say, WE STOPPED HITLER, but if you stop to think, americans are doing the same thing HITLER was doing ... its the same, who is going to save us now? China? I dont think so

I would love to continue the respond to your post, but this non-sens quote is enough to make my point.

reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

We can not choose to be selectively defined in such a way, for you will always be judged by the sum total of our actions and all those actions themselves, and not simply in the way we might seek to justify them or excuse them.

You see, this is the kind of stuff that bothers me.

You all come here and yack about the "mass media propaganda" and the "news are controlled" and you think you are so smart because "you can see it all".

Well, let me ask you this:

Are you aware of the amount of operations that are successful and prevent further attacks AROUND the world? Are you aware of the amount of drug connections that are being stopped in numerous operations in Afghanistan? Are you aware of the amount of successful operations in Eastern Europe that prevented small nuclear weapons spread?

You're not. And you know why? Because all of you state that you don't believe in the mass media, are getting your information from them. Most of the quotes in that video are even from the mass media, and articles from several network stations like 60 minutes from CBS.

How hypocrite is that?!

You know what isn't shown in mass media? The success. The operations that go well, where nobody dies, where they arrest real terrorists, criminals and drug dealers. The operations where people start giving up their weapons and ask for support and aid.

They don't show you kids playing soccer where once they were afraid to even walk. Average civilians like all of you, now smiling and putting a hand on your back because now they don't have to grow a beard.

Women who now joke around and say that they feel pretty (although they are still very conservative by comparison with the west, of course), or that they can learn and study.

You don't see that, at all.

You know why? BECAUSE IT DOESN'T MATTER, THEY AREN'T GOOD NEWS!

To the fat f**k in a couch, he only wants to know about the BLOOD, and the people without heads, and gunshot wounds, pay-per-view shows on how terrible the war is, or watching war movies that portray all american and NATO soldiers as criminals.

Just so you have a little of prespective of your "eye opener" video. That quote about the British forces guarding the Opium fields... You know what really happened? Of course you don't. They were guarding the field, because hostile forces were trying to capture the village AND the opium, so they could sell for weapons. They weren't guarding it so they could use it like its stated SEVERAL times.

NONE of the people that are clapping to this video have ANY awareness about the "good" things that have come out from the Afghan war.

BTW, I'm against the war in Iraq. The war in Iraq is for resources. But you're all still hypocrites.

You're still driving your car around. You're still paying your taxes. You're still using internet in your computer that is powered by energy that is produced by burning the oil that comes from a war that you "don't support".

AIN'T THAT FUNNY?!

And by the way, if any of you is offended by my hostility in this post, don't bother saying so, because I also don't like being called baby killer, dumb, stupid or murderer while on duty as a NATO JF sniper, while making your country safe and preventing you from crying over your lost ones.

I've seen the weapons, the bombs, the drugs and the plans. They are real. There are real terrorists threatning your life. It's not all made up (except for the Iraq bs)...

I've seen kids, american kids, with 19 years old, being shot in the head while playing football in their free time, because that kid really believes he is defending his country and the world.

The real thing that is sad, is that those kids die trying to protect all of you, and you are nothing but a bunch of lazy people who complain about stupid conspiracies in a forum.

There are wrong things in this world, there are powers underground that we need to end to make the world a better place.

Much of you touch lightly in some subjects that are partially true.

But what you don't realize, is that you're actually attacking the people that protect you and your family, and not the people that put it in harms way.

Just think on your own before calling this things to soldiers and other people.

[edit on 30/1/10 by Tifozi]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

The problem these days is people have very short attention spans and the ones that shout the loudest are the ones that get heard. The creators of this video are aware of this plus the fact that they have to cram it into a 10 minute youtube video. I have a friend who really annoys me sometimes because he refuses to watch anything to do with conspiracy theories that doesn't have flashy graphics and dramatic music because he finds it boring and doesn't grab his attention. It's sad I know but it's the way a lot of people are today due to hollywood movies and media bombardment, so this is what people have to contend with when they want to create a video they want people to watch.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceMonkeys

Yeah it's sad, people nowadays only haave an attention span for about 20 seconds, if you don't interest that person in 20 seconds or less, you are wasting your breath.

Darn digital age...

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceMonkeys

So, to play down to the ADHD crowd and/or people who don't care enough about, or who are not willing to research something they have been told may be the most important of their life, ultimately does no good, other than for the person making the video etc. It gets them support, money, another body to hold a sign at a protest, a number to increase their 'credibility.'

link   
"The operations that go well, where nobody dies, where they arrest real terrorists, criminals and drug dealers."

The real terrorists arrested? Sorry, but I don't recall anybody from the US Government or any of these other corrupt Governments being arrested for terrorism.

"And by the way, if any of you is offended by my hostility in this post, don't bother saying so, because I also don't like being called baby killer, dumb, stupid or murderer while on duty as a NATO JF sniper, while making your country safe and preventing you from crying over your lost ones."

Not only did I not ask for your 'protection', I do not need, nor do I want your 'protection'. Thanks anyway for telling ME what YOU think I need to survive. You have to be pretty warped to think that killing innocent babies and civilians translates into protecting your fellow citizens.

link   
Starred & Flagged.

This video needs to be seen. As for those who are calling this video biased or propaganda, need to do more research.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SphinxMontreal

The real terrorists arrested? Sorry, but I don't recall anybody from the US Government or any of these other corrupt Governments being arrested for terrorism.

You mean the ones that you voted for?

Not only did I not ask for your 'protection', I do not need, nor do I want your 'protection'. Thanks anyway for telling ME what YOU think I need to survive. You have to be pretty warped to think that killing innocent babies and civilians translates into protecting your fellow citizens.

Yeah, right pumpkin. Keep thinking that way, that your freedom and that your way of life falls on your lap just because you think you are brave and independent.

[edit on 30/1/10 by Tifozi]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
My God, what have I done. It is only through ownership of what has happened and is happening in our world under the guise of "freedom" that the shift will take place. This is not someone else's responsibility. It is mine and YOURS. We must stop and forgive ourselves and imediately demand the dismantling of the Defense Department and get behind the Department of Peace. I am sorry. Please forgive me. Thank you.

EDIT: I have a huge crush on Dr. Dahlia Wasfi!

[edit on 30-1-2010 by AnotherSon]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
[edit on 30-1-2010 by Pacal Votan]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Tifozi

Are you aware of the amount of operations that are successful and prevent further attacks AROUND the world? Are you aware of the amount of drug connections that are being stopped in numerous operations in Afghanistan? Are you aware of the amount of successful operations in Eastern Europe that prevented small nuclear weapons spread?

What a load of utter tripe and rubbish my friend. Not only am I not around but you are not around either when we imagine that bombing and killing and raping and pillaging millions of innocent civilians actually stops attacks on us.

If anything our actions would encourage more attacks on us than less.

No matter how you slice it friend, THE ENDS DO NOT JUSTIFY THE MEANS.

If you imagine that they some how do, then obviously you have reached a level of morality lower than the people you supposedly fear and so abhor that you could imagine anything that kills innocent men women and children protects or serves anyone.

19 alleged Criminals attacked us on September 11, 2001 and we have COURTS OF LAW to deal with criminals.

You are simply in denial and lack the moral turpitude and fortitude to face the horrors and the implications of the atrocities carried out in the good people’s name of the United States of America.

I for one am ashamed and could never condone such barbarity and callousness and indifference towards any human being.

I for one would rather be attacked in my home, in my hearth, in my family, than loose my humanity, dignity and compassion sir.

What is wrong with me? Surely you jest, what is wrong with you?

[edit on 30/1/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Tifozi

"NONE of the people that are clapping to this video have ANY awareness about the "good" things that have come out from the Afghan war."

so enlighten me. what is the objective in afghanistan? what good has come from this "conflict" other than someone is allowed to shave? help me understand why the innocent need to die.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
mis-post sry
i'll save it for later

[edit on 30-1-2010 by dalek]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
War on Terror?

Just think how belligerent us Americans would be if there was foreign army or foreign people trying to control us in our home town and country.

We should rebuild their cities, create schools, and attempt to educate them. If they refuse then we should just leave them alone and let them live how they want to. Who are we to tell them our way of life is better.

I say we let the people decide.

The only problem I have with the Islamic religion is how they treat and suppress women.

[edit on 30-1-2010 by tooo many pills]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by tooo many pills

The only problem I have with the Islamic religion is how they treat and suppress women.

indeed, Islam has a worry with the dress style of western women.
I would be interested to see the male on female rape stats in Muslim countries!

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Had to turn it off after hearing about them being labled terrorists by the white establishment because they opposed rape and pillagement. (At 8:10 in the video.)

I mean, seriously? "Blaming whitey" for everything is getting old. Last time I checked, the USA had a half black guy in office.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by dalek

Did you notice Republicans supported the Iraq war and the war in Afghanistan when Bush was president? But when a Democrat comes into office, they're suddenly "anti war."

The right wing consists of insane hypocrites.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper
Had to turn it off after hearing about them being labled terrorists by the white establishment because they opposed rape and pillagement. (At 8:10 in the video.)

I mean, seriously? "Blaming whitey" for everything is getting old. Last time I checked, the USA had a half black guy in office.

what is pillagement?
and who was "Blaming whitey"

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Every race of human beings is destructive, no one is special.

It's in our nature.

Maybe one day it will end...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join