It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My BTS quote project, I urge you all to participate!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
"If you cannot find peace within yourself, you will never find it anywhere else" -Marvin Gaye

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
"If you're not where you want to be, simply will for it to change and it shall. You must truly believe, truly put your heart & soul into something for it to change. To find the answers to those questions that mask our presence on this earth you must find your inner self; become one with your consciousness and delve into the realm of spirituality. Find your answers on your own, and the reward will be a great achievement" -myself

"Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away." -from the movie "Hitch"

And by the way, where the hell is everyone else lately?! I want to see some damn quotes!

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Thought I'd share this link. It's thinkexist.com's daily quote page that allows you to create a box with the daily quote for your homepage, website, blog/facebook, etc...

And here is todays...

"The less routine the more life." - Amos Bronson Alcott

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I choose to quote the great H.P.Lovecraft

"Religion is still useful among the herd - that it helps their orderly conduct as nothing else could. The crude human animal is in-eradicably superstitious, and there is every biological reason why they should be.
Take away his Christian god and saints, and he will worship something else..."

"The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind."

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"
— H.P. Lovecraft

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
"The answers to your quest lay frozen in time to be rediscovered at the end of your journey." - Ellie Crystal

"It is said that the present is pregnant with the future." - Voltaire

"All that we see is but a dream within a dream." - Edgar Allan Poe

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
"Occasions are rare; and those who know how to seize upon them are rarer" - Josh Billings

"The only difference between a genius and one of common capacity is that the former anticipates and explores what the latter accidentally hits upon; but even the man of genius himself more frequently employs the advantages that chance presents to him;" - Guillaume Thomas Raynal

"The heart has reasons that reason does not understand." - Jacques Benigne Bossuel

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
"Obstacles cannot crush me. Every obstacle yields to stern resolve.
He who is fixed to a star does not change his mind." - Leonardo da Vinci

No one else wants to add some quotes? I was enjoying reading others that I haven't seen before.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
"I'm not like John Lennon, who thought he was the great Almighty. I just think I'm John Lennon.”
- Noel Gallagher

“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.”
- Bill Shankly

“He who's not busy being born is busy dying”
- Bob Dylan

"We are going to die, and that makes us the lucky ones. Most people are never going to die because they are never going to be born. The potential people who could have been here in my place but who will in fact never see the light of day outnumber the sand grains of Arabia. Certainly those unborn ghosts include greater poets than Keats, scientists greater than Newton. We know this because the set of possible people allowed by our DNA so massively exceeds the set of actual people. In the teeth of these stupefying odds it is you and I, in our ordinariness, that are here."
- Richard Dawkins

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Death is not the biggest fear we have, our biggest fear is taking the risk to be alive - the risk to be alive and express what we really are.
-Don Miguel Ruiz

Sometimes even to live is an act of courage. ~Lucius Annaeus Seneca, Letters to Lucilius

threw in some more

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Not sure if its been mentiond but -

"..I hated every minute of training. But, I said 'dont quit, suffer now and live like a Champion the rest of your life." .....ALI.

At least I think Muhammed Ali said it, I cant quite remmember, but nether the less, I think its inspirational.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
"Every person,all the events of your life are there because you have drawn them there. What you choose to do with them is up to you." - Richard Bach

"Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they're yours." Richard Bach

"I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong." - Bertrand Russell

Ex

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining and wants it back the minute it begins to rain.
Mark Twain

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
Emo Philips

A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said 'no'.
Woody Allen

A good sermon should be like a woman's skirt: short enough to rouse the interest, but long enough to cover the essentials.
Ronald Knox

Always forgive your enemies. Nothing annoys them so much.
Oscar Wilde

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
Benjamin Franklin

Dancing: the vertical expression of a horizontal desire.
George Bernard Shaw

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock.
Will Rogers

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex

Ha, nice quotes, thanks for sharing. Keep the thread going, I'd like to see some more from you (and everyone else)!

"The cradle rocks above an abyss, and common sense tells us that our existence is but a brief crack of light between two eternities of darkness." -Vladimir Nabokov

"One man with a gun can control 100 without one." - Vladimir Lenin (haha gotta love it)

"Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me." - Immanuel Kant

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
"The measure of a man is how far he is willing to go to satisfy his will."

"A successful negotiation is as much a matter of military strength looming to one side of the table as it is of cunning and diplomacy at the table."

"Your foe is well equipped, well-trained, battle-hardened. He believes his gods are on his side. Let him believe what he will. We have the tanks on ours."

— Colonel Joachim Pfeiff, Krieg 14th Armoured Regiment

"The most dangerous weapon this galaxy has ever produced is faith. All other force is merely a shadow of what that terrible power can achieve."

"Speed is life" - Israeli Air Force

"There exists out there in the unbroached void of night and in the deeper darkness beyond, things so terrible and vile they would devour us and destroy everything we have made. And why? Because they fear us and rightly so. For we are humanity and the stars are ours." - Lord Solar Macharius, On the Eve of the Macharius Crusade

"Once we were Gods, but what are we now? Willfully ignorant savages and self-deluded fools, little more than helpless children scattered and lost in the cold dark. But I tell you, we have been Gods and we shall be Gods again."

"The Inquisition is a hundred different schools of thought, divided by a single goal."

“You accuse me of being a madman. What right have you to judge what is sane and what is not? I have fought with the shadows on the edge of your vision. I have seen the faces that laugh at you in your nightmares. I have felt the fetid breath that issues from the mouth of hell itself. I have heard the silent voices that make your spine tingle with dread. I have entered the realms between worlds where there is no time or place. I have clashed with creatures the sight of which would sear your soul to the core. I have bested horrors that chill with a gaze of tempt unreasoning terror. I have faced death eye-to-eye and blade to blade. I have stared into the eyes of insanity and met their all-consuming stare. I have done all this for you; for your protection and guarantee of a future for Mankind. And yet you accuse me of being a madman, you, who have never had your sanity tested so sorely. What right have you to call me a heretic and blasphemer, who have not heard the whisper of dark gods in your ear? You are weak. Vulnerable. Human is your frailty. I am strong, yet you still judge me for my sins, you who art most sinful to the heart. Only the insane have the strength enough to prosper; only those that prosper truly judge what is sane.” – Inquisitor Felroth Gelt

"We need spies that look like their targets, CIA officers who speak the dialects terrorists use, and FBI agents who can speak to Muslim women who might be intimidated by men." - Jane Harman

"We need to strengthen the position of the director of the CIA." - Bob Graham

"The CIA is made up of boys whose families sent them to Princeton but wouldn't let them into the family brokerage business." - Lyndon B. Johnson

"Do we belong there or do we not? It doesn't matter how you would answer that because we are there. We're tired, and we can't see the end. We can't even console ourselves that our enemy is just as tired as we are. Because they're not. It is a fallacy that prolonged war will weaken an occupied enemy. It most likely will make your enemy stronger. They get used to the deprivation, and they adapt and respond accordingly. While here at home with every death reported we have to deal with a public-opinion trajectory that slides rapidly from supportive to negative to downright hostile. People just get sick and tired of a moment's silence at a ball game.They just wanna be told that it's over." - Ed Hoffman

"Our enemy has realized that they are fighting guys from the future. Now, ahem, it is as brilliant as it is infuriating. If you live like it's the past, and you behave like it's the past then guys from the future find it very hard to see you. If you throw away your cell phone, shut down your e-mail pass all your instructions face-to-face, hand-to-hand turn your back on technology and just disappear into the crowd No flags. No uniforms. You got your basic grunts on the ground there. They're looking going, "Who is it we're fighting?" In a situation like this, your friends dress just like your enemies and your enemies dress like your friends. What I need you to fully understand is that these people, they do not wanna negotiate. Not at all. They want the universal caliphate established across the face of the Earth and they want every infidel converted or dead. So, what's changed is that our allegedly unsophisticated enemy has caughten on to the factually unsophisticated truth...we're an easy target. We are an easy target and our world as we know it is a lot simpler to put to an end than you might think." - Ed Hoffman

"People are stupid. Torture doesn't work. Under torture, a man will say almost anything to make the pain stop. You have experience with this, I am sure." - Hani Salaam

"Ed Hoffman is the head of the division but he does not know enough until he steals it from the guy on the ground and that's me." - Roger Ferris

[edit on 24-4-2010 by nastalgik]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on... - Dean Martin.

I spent my money on women and beer... The rest I wasted... - George Best.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
“The unreal is more powerful than the real, because nothing is as perfect as you can imagine it. because its only intangible ideas, concepts, beliefs, fantasies that last. stone crumbles. wood rots. people, well, they die. but things as fragile as a thought, a dream, a legend, they can go on and on." -Chuck Palahniuk

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
"Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing." - Abraham Lincoln

"A cynic is not merely one who reads bitter lessons from the past, he is one who is prematurely disappointed in the future."

"Sometimes people carry to such perfection the mask they have assumed that in due course they actually become the person they seem."

"A good friend can tell you what is the matter with you in a minute. He may not seem such a good friend after telling."

"Never explain--your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway."

"There is nothing like the razor sharp tongue of a good friend to cut through the lies we tell ourselves."

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
"For myself I am an optimist - it does not seem to be much use being anything else." - Winston Churchill

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
"The men the American public admire most extravagantly are the most daring liars; the men they detest most violently are those who try to tell them the truth."

"Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night - be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels." - Frank Sinatra

"The British nation is unique in this respect. They are the only people who like to be told how bad things are, who like to be told the worst." - Winston Churchill

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Some Native American proverbs:

Tell me and I'll forget. Show me, and I may not remember. Involve me, and I'll understand. - Tribe Unknown.

Those that lie down with dogs, get up with fleas. - Blackfoot

What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset. - Blackfoot

Force, no matter how concealed, begets resistance. - Lakota

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep. - Navajo

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join