It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My BTS quote project, I urge you all to participate!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

And become slathered in feces...

Mirthful Me in the Mutterbox on 3/11/10

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I was thinking about making a podcast that I devote to quotes from this thread specifically. If anyone has anything else they think would be good to include, please post it up soon. I'm going to wait another week or so, so post what quotes you'd like me to includes, I will also give credit at the end to those who shared (unless you ask me not too).

But anyway... I don't remember if I shared this quote, but I love it so here ya go.

Nostalgia is like a grammar lesson: You find the present tense and the past perfect.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Where is everyone at? Common everyone share your quotes, I even linked you all to a great website for quotes in a previous post (on page 3)!

"The single most exciting thing you encounter in government is competence, because it's so rare." -Daniel P. Moynihan

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
"Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things… and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." – Walt Disney

“Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.” – Albert Einstein

“A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality.” – John Lennon

“You have sat too long for any good you have been doing lately... Depart, I say; and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go!” – Oliver Cromwell

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
“You know my friends, there comes a time when people get tired of being trampled by the iron feet of oppression ...” Martin Luther King

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” – Abraham Lincoln

“The means of defence against foreign danger have been always the instruments of tyranny at home.” – James Madison

“If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” – James Madison

“The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people.” – Martin Luther King

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

"Society exists only as a mental concept; in the real world there are only individuals." -Oscar Wilde

And this one I saw in someones signature and I really liked it a lot...

"Light travels faster than sound....thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak."

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

"Sometimes a man meets his destiny on the road he took to avoid it."

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Every now again you meet someone who give you a precious gift....hope...
~me

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Most of these are great, but this stands out.

“If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” – James Madison

Truer words were never spoken.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
For the lazy ones!!!

'Man with hands in pockets, is always on the ball'

Confuscious

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
"Shoes pinch, death hurts, humor kills"

Don't know where I heard that one, sadly... maybe Bif Naked.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
“What is a cynic? A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.” -Oscar Wilde

“A gentleman is one who never hurts anyone's feelings unintentionally.” -Oscar Wilde

“Who, being loved, is poor?” -Oscar Wilde

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
"The only reason for time is so everything doesn't happen at once." -Einstein

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” – Voltaire

“You’re not supposed to be so blind with patriotism that you can’t face reality. Wrong is wrong no matter who does it or who says it.” – Malcolm X

“Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it.” – Joseph Goebbels

“Think of the press as a great keyboard on which the government can play” – Joseph Goebbels

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy? – Gandhi

Making war upon insurgents is messy and slow, like eating soup with a knife – T.E. Lawrence

What good fortune for governments that the people do not think – Adolf Hitler

"I believe in the brotherhood of man, all men, but I don't believe in brotherhood with anybody who doesn't want brotherhood with me. I believe in treating people right, but I'm not going to waste my time trying to treat somebody right who doesn't know how to return the treatment." - Malcolm X

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
"He who fears being conquered is sure of defeat" - Napoleon Bonaparte

"When a person can no longer laugh at himself, it is time for others to laugh at him."

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" – Jimi Hendrix

"I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat." - Winston Churchill

"He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; he who does not ask a question remains a fool forever." (Chinese Proverb)

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I got these ones from a recent thread on ATS about Bruce Lee.

“A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough.”- Bruce Lee

“Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.” – Bruce Lee

It was obvious to the master from the start of the conversation that the professor was not so much interested in learning about Zen as he was in impressing the master with his own opinions and knowledge. As the Zen teacher spoke, the proud man would frequently interrupt him with remarks like “Oh, yes we have that, too” and so on.

Finally, the Zen teacher stopped talking and began to serve tea to the learned man. He poured until the cup was full... and then kept pouring until it overflowed.

“Enough!” the professor once more interrupted. “The cup is overfull, no more will go in!”

“Indeed, I see,” answered the Zen teacher. “Like this cup, you are full of your own opinions and speculations. If you do not first empty your cup, how can you taste my cup of tea?”

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
"Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my soul to keep;
Should I die before I wake,
I pray the Lord my soul to take"

My nan still says this every time she goes to sleep, and if I am to be honest, when I am not at home I say this prayer...

Oni x x

[edit] It the only ever saying I always use, so I thought it would be okay

[edit on 28-3-2010 by Oni x x]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
"When we long for life without difficulties, remind us that oaks grow strong in contrary winds and diamonds are made under pressure" - Peter Marshall

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” – Voltaire

Really, really good quote! Applies to life as we know it in all sincerity. How horrible is that?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join