It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My BTS quote project, I urge you all to participate!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
“A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?” – Albert Einstein

“Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions.” – Albert Einstein

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.” - Albert Einstein

“Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.” – Albert Einstein

"When you sit with a nice girl for two hours, it seems like two minutes. When you sit on a hot stove for two minutes, it seems like two hours that's relativity." -- Albert Einstein

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
“Nothing Can Make You Suffer, Without Your Silent Permission” - Paramahamsa Nithyananda

“For every dark night, there's a brighter day” - Tupac Shakur

“Courage doesn't always roar.” - Mary Anne Radmacher

"If fame were based on kindness instead of popularity, on understanding and not on worldwide attention, you would be the biggest celebrity on earth. And to my heart, you already are." - Anonymous

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
“Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.” - John Quincy Adams

“One moment of patience may ward off great disaster. One moment of impatience may ruin a whole life.” - Chinese Proverb

“Never esteem anything as of advantage to you that will make you break your word or lose your self-respect.” - Marcus Aurelius

“Respect your efforts, respect yourself. Self-respect leads to self-discipline. When you have both firmly under your belt, that's real power.” – Clint Eastwood

“They cannot take away our self-respect if we do not give it to them.” - Mahatma Gandhi

“You punch me, I punch back. I do not believe it's good for ones self-respect to be a punching bag.” - Edward Koch

“Respect yourself and others will respect you.” – Confucius

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Double Post

[edit on 10/6/10 by Kram09]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
“I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality.... I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word.” - Martin Luther King, Jr.

“The torment of precautions often exceeds the dangers to be avoided. It is sometimes better to abandon one's self to destiny.” - Napoleon Bonaparte

“If you really put a small value upon yourself, rest assured that the world will not raise your price.”

“Always act like you're wearing an invisible crown.”

"When there is no enemy within, the enemies outside cannot hurt you." - African Proverb

"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen." - Winston Churchill

"Fall seven times, stand up eight." - Japanese Proverb

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
“My thoughts are free to go anywhere, but it's surprising how often they head in your direction.” - Author Unknown

“When you're happy, I'm happy. When you're sad, I'm sad. When you're lonely, call me!” - Author Unknown

"The probability that we may fail in the struggle ought not to deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just." – Abraham Lincoln

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
"We're not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we're going to rip out their living godd**ned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy Hun c*** suckers by the bushel-#ing-basket. War is a bloody, killing business. You've got to spill their blood, or they will spill yours." ~ George S. Patton

Now that was a man in love with his work.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by MikeNice81]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
“If some really acute observer made as much of egotism as Freud has made of sex, people would forget a good deal about sex and find the explanation for everything in egotism.” ~ Wallace Stevens

“Feelings of worth can flourish only in an atmosphere where individual differences are appreciated, mistakes are tolerated, communication is open, and rules are flexible - the kind of atmosphere that is found in a nurturing family” ~ Virginia Satir

“No one goes there anymore - it's too crowded” ~ Yogi Berra

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
“It's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you're not.”

"Only when the last tree has been cut down; Only when the last river has been poisoned; Only when the last fish has been caught; Only then will you find that money cannot be eaten."

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
“There is no other course open to us but to fight it out. Every position must be held to the last man: there must be no retirement. With our backs to the wall and believing in the justice of our cause each one of us must fight on to the end. The safety of our homes and the Freedom of mankind alike depend upon the conduct of each one of us at this critical moment.” – Field Marshal Douglas Haig

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Certain things catch your eye,
But pursue only those
that capture your heart.

old indian saying

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   

When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt

I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. ~ Mother Teresa

When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.~ Henry Ford

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.~ Robert Frost

I think of a hero as someone who understands the degree of responsibility that comes with his freedom. ~Bob Dylan

The keenest sorrow is to recognize ourselves as the sole cause of all our adversities.” ~Sophocles

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. ~ T.S Elliot

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig.” ~ Robert A Heinlein

Always Remember, no matter where you go there you are ~ Buckaroo Banzai

Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them. ~ William Shakespeare

Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none. ~ Shakespeare

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. ~ Abraham Lincoln

I went to a restaurant that serves "breakfast at any time". So I ordered French Toast during the Renaissance. ~ Steven Wright

The past is a ghost, the future a dream, and all we ever have is now. ~ Bill Cosby

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Damn been a while since I posted in my own thread and I love this thread.

Anyway... here ya go, saw this one on here today in someones signature.

"What is to give light must endure burning." -Viktor E. Frankl

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
‎"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I
can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it." - Jack Handey

"And lo the workings of the foes of mankind shall be rendered unto dust and memory. My life is a prison and death shall be my release."

‎"You've never been lost until you've been lost at Mach 3." - Paul F. Crickmore

"The stars themselves once lived and died at our command, yet you still dare to oppose our will." - Mirehn Bielann (For LaughingGod)

"I give men dreams and men are led by their dreams." - Lord Commander Solar Macharius

‎"Do you think me weak, flawed? Do you hate me for setting my inquisitorial role above the needs of one agonised being? If you do, I commend you. I think of that woman still and hate the fact I left her to die slowly. But if you hate me, I know this about you. You don't have the moral strength." - Inquisitor Gregor Eisenhorn

"Once we were Gods, but what are we now?
Wilfully ignorant savages and self-deluded fools, little more than
helpless children scattered and lost in the cold dark. But I tell you,
we have been Gods and we shall be Gods again." - In Defence of the
Future: A Logical Discourse - Author unknown, banned M.36

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
“Government is instituted for the common good; for the protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness of the people; and not for profit, honour, or private interest of any one man, family, or class of men; therefore, the people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government; and to reform, alter, or totally change the same, when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it.” - John Adams

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
“Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery.” – Malcolm X

“I hate war as only a soldier who has lived it can, only as one who has seen its brutality, its futility and its stupidity.” - Dwight D. Eisenhower

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
“Our government has kept us in a perpetual state of fear - kept us in a continuous stampede of patriotic fervor - with the cry of grave national emergency. Always there has been some terrible evil at home or some monstrous foreign power that was going to gobble us up if we did not blindly rally behind it by furnishing the exorbitant funds demanded. Yet, in retrospect, these disasters seem never to have happened, seem never to have been quite real.” – Douglas MacArthur

“Talk of imminent threat to our national security through the application of external force is pure nonsense. Our threat is from the insidious forces working from within which have already so drastically altered the character of our free institutions — those institutions we proudly called the American way of life.” – Douglas MacArthur

“It is part of the general pattern of misguided policy that our country is now geared to an arms economy which was bred in an artificially induced psychosis of war hysteria and nurtured upon an incessant propaganda of fear. While such an economy may produce a sense of seeming prosperity for the moment, it rests on an illusionary foundation of complete unreliability and renders among our political leaders almost a greater fear of peace than is their fear of war.” – Douglas MacArthur

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
“The truth is, there is no Islamic army or terrorist group called Al Qaeda. And any informed intelligence officer knows this. But there is a propaganda campaign to make the public believe in the presence of an identified entity representing the 'devil' only in order to drive the 'TV watcher' to accept a unified international leadership for a war against terrorism. The country behind this propaganda is the US and the lobbyists for the US war on terrorism are only interested in making money.” – Former British Foreign Secretary Robin Cook

“It has become a sarcastic proverb that a thing must be true
if you saw it in a newspaper. That is the opinion intelligent
people have of that lying vehicle in a nutshell. But the
trouble is that the stupid people, who constitute the grand
overwhelming majority of this and all other nations, do
believe and are moulded and convinced by what they get out of
a newspaper. And there is where the harm lies.” - Mark Twain

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
" There is a theory which states that if ever for any reason anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened."

Really liked this quote - who knows, maybe it's true as well?

And by the way, I really want to get this thread going again, I know I've been absent from it for a while just been busy but I'll try to keep it going once again.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join