It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's official: A Corporation is running for Congress!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

How do u spell disinformation agent?

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

"We could lose the few good politicians we have left."

And who exactly would these few good politicians be? And the American people will do nothing about this. Why? Because they would prefer sitting on thier fat big mac eatin butts and pop thier anti-depressants rather than walk to the corner store to buy bovine growth hormone tainted milk for thier babies. America is the most disgusting country on the face of this screwed up planet and your getting exactly what you deserve.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
High Courts Opinion, with Concurrences and Dissentions.(www.supremecourtus.gov...)

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I am starting to see the future...Anyone ever seen Idiocracy?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
But now, if they even accidently kill someone, isn't it manslaughter?

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

How do u spell disinformation agent?

spelling is not a big concern of mine, a definition is, how the hell you see me as a disinfo agent is beyond me. maybe you should try defining troll while yer at it.

reply to post by paranoiaFTW

wow, now that is big ass can of worms....

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Dave I applaud your conviction. You have passion. A constitutional convention is the only way out. Ron Paul come save us now.

To the masses:
See my thread here to see how we got here if you don't already know.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
ok so the decision was 5-4 right and it was the 5 republican appointees who said yes and the 4 liberal ones who said no correct? that is obviously down political ideological lines, how can that happen when they are suppose to be totally objective to all of that??

i wonder if murray hill is doing this as a way of testing either a) the american peoples will to hold on to the crumbs of democracy left in america or 2) if they are testing the validity of this ruling by the court. either way, its gonna be damn interesting and someone here on ATS should keep track of this until its conclusion later this year..

S + F

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by paranoiaFTW
But now, if they even accidently kill someone, isn't it manslaughter?

That would be nice, but that would affect the money they have to spend on 'free speech' so the supreme court would not allow it.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I read this a few days ago, I'm pretty sure it turned out to be a company's idea of satire, meaning it's not true.

I'm searching for proof now.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Well, technically, once your issued a Social Security number, you have been deemed a Corporation by the Government. We all are corporations, it was just a matter of time before this happened.

But to blatantly have multinational corporations running for office, well, that is just absurd, but we have become a nation of absurdity. Where as not even thirty years ago, we had those running for political office for the "little people" and we had political lobbyists on "our side". This was slowly phased out, and replaced with our current system.

Thats how they do things, slowly and full of precise details. Its indoctrination to the fullest, i give it another ten years and our world will be run by corporations globally.

They wont implement the so called "new world order" in a sudden strike, that was never the plan, there will be no martial law, there will be no fema camps, thats bs to hide the truth. Slow and methodical, like the turtle in the race.

This was inevitable, this is how they will do it. For us to speak out, to rebel, to have a honest to god revolution, there would have to be a sudden shift. Martial law would do it, but martial law is counter productive to the plans that have been laid out. So there will be no rebellion, militias and discontents will be dealt with in the same way Stalinist Russia delt with them, swiftly and harshly.

If only we could get people to become aware of the situation going on, but the indoctrination has gone so far as to make us, those in the know, as to be crazy? They want crazy? Consider for a moment that if you were to seperate the word indoctrination, you would get Indoctrinate Nation, indeed.

Stand up and do something, or sit down and stfu.

Love and peace

[edit on 29-1-2010 by M157yD4wn]

[edit on 29-1-2010 by M157yD4wn]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
10 "Most Conservative" Justices since 1937
(Percentage based on actual voting records of justices while they were sitting on the bench)

1. Thomas .822%
2. Rehnquist .815%
3. Scalia .757%
4. Roberts .753%
5. Alito .740%
6. Burger .735%
7. O'Connor .680%
8. Powell .677%
9. Whittaker .673%
10. Kennedy .647%

5 of the 9 justices currently sitting on the bench today are among the most conservative ever.
www.usnews.com...

To do this, they've relied on a database created by Harold Spaeth, a political scientist at Michigan State University, which codes each vote made on the Supreme Court between 1937 and 2006 as either "liberal," "conservative," "mixed," or "both." If a justice votes in favor of a defendant on a criminal procedure case, that vote is considered "liberal." If the justice votes against the plaintiff in a civil rights case, the vote is considered "conservative."

[edit on 29-1-2010 by tooo many pills]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
My afternoon movie just happened to be 'The Manchurian Candidate.'

At least now they don't have to bother chipping normal old humans.... they can just run themselves.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Sadly, all I can see coming out of this is despair, apathy and violence. If this is real, which.. I have *some* doubts, but I wouldn't be surprised... well, we're going to see a lot of violence.

It's going to promote more Timothy McVeigh's and the like, in fact.. they probably want it so they can have the excuses to run a full police state. I mean, I'm looking into the future, and I just cannot see how there won't be shootings, murders and bombings. It just.. doesn't seem like it can go about any other way.

Though I have my doubts with that too. The American people have a certain lethargic and mindless quality, for various reasons.. so maybe we will all just hold hands and jump into the darkness.

Like I need to explain my reasons for thinking this way. Corporations call their products and equipment "assets" and their workers "resources", as in, expendable resources. "Human Resources", get it? How do you think they will run congress or the house majority.. Just.. scary.

Violence, despair, suffering. There will be no other way. This is a complete and utterly evil regime change, an anti-revolution. This is f-ing bad.

Edit:
After reviewing it a little further, I believe it is satire. I don't know who is doing it, but there isn't a whole lot of information on "Murray Hill Inc.".. just a rather craptastic website and the overtly satirical video announcing their run for congress.

Scary thing though? Not a whole lot of opposition to it, and it's not like it would be completely surprising if a corporation actually did run for congress.

[edit on 29-1-2010 by SyphonX]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
(Satirical) run for congress. But what if they win will they step down?

Huffington Post

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I can see it now SEIU - Service Employees International Union putting there union on the ballot across the US.
www.seiu.org...

Or the sierra club(yes the sierra club is a corporation)

But i also see a problem can someone/corporation/union/environmental group be on the ballot for congress from more then one state.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I was on another website, ranting and raving about how horrible this decision was.

Then another member called me out, and asked if I had even read the ruling.

I hadn't.

So I then spent some time actually reading the ruling.

Turns out, this ruling actually changes vewry little, other than allowing corporations to do what they are already allowed to do.

The only difference is that the corporations do not have to form a PAC first.

Here is a link for anyone who cares to read the ruling.
Here's a hint: scroll down to page 8. That's where the meat and potatoes of the ruling comes in.
Ruling

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I just knew Ronald Macdonald would soon become President.

How many CLOWNS can live in the Whitehouse?

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206
LOL

I have to laugh, this is like a joke.

My only hope is that people can fight fire with fire...I mean...not every corporation is evil. Maybe a good one will run for office that people can get behind.

Even still tho, this seems like an open door to corruption and epic bureaucracy.
On the other hand, maybe it's true, if corporations are buying politicians anyways, maybe it is better to cut out the middle man things become a little more transparent, no?

I hate to break the news to you buddy, but its not a joke. I'm 49 years old, and in my life time I have created 5 very succesfull companys. The law treats a company in many ways as if it were a person. A corporation has, believe it or not, it's own version of civil rights. You can sue the government if you feel you were treated unjustly. You can sue a person, or another company if you feel you were treated in an unfair manner, or improper manner. So, ya, it's true. A company is just another word for "person".

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   

It's official: A Corporation is running for Congress!
I'll bet that Above Top Secret is incorporated. Perhaps they would take the members in as partners [for a small fee of course] we could be publicly traded on the big boards and be a force to be reckoned with.

I can see it now....Sen. ATS Rep. BTS

It cost nothing to dream BIG

[edit on 29-1-2010 by whaaa]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join