It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think this picture means?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
This was painted in 1997

What do you think it means?

EAHNAH'S WINDOW

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ce70dc30bace.jpg[/atsimg]

A bigger version of the picture can be found here.

vallejo.ural.net...

[edit on 28-1-2010 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Yeah, 97' that's really weird.....

Really weird, wonder who this Boris guy is.....

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Good find. Thats definitely odd.

Doesnt this artist usually do art for "Heavy Metal" magazine?

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
A. I am still hetrosexual no doubt.
B. The reflection is as intriging as the twin towers.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I really have no clue I see the inverted city is nothing more than mountains when reflected in the water and a pretty lady laying in front of the image within a circle but im lost on it. What is the meaning? I can wait for the thread to roll a lil before you answer.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Boris has been like my favorite artists since I was a child...excellent work.

What this pic represents (to me) is that there are two worlds...one being the capitalistic nature clouding the earth and choking the sun...the reflection is the natural beauty of the earth...that being now just the reflection of reality verses the actual reality.

The woman...its Boris...theres always women in his stuff...eye candy...it might have more symbolism, but chances are, its just a hot woman to gain attention.

anyhow, I recommend looking at his other stuff...he does alot of medieval/gorean type art...all very good.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Are you implying this is a prediction of 911, or just an interesting coincidence?

Either way, beautiful work and very intriguing!

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Boris Vallejo is one of, if not "the", premier fantasy artists in the world today. His work has been on book covers, album/cd covers, movie posters, etc.

Chances are very high you've seen his work before.

Boris Vallejo

He did a series of paintings on "Eahnah" in 1997. Here is the mini-story that went with that one..

Painting Palace - Eahnah's Window

Eahnah-called witch by some, master scientist by others-has perfected a device that she calls a "window." It permits her to stay safe in A Fwa Nes while viewing a limited portion of Earth. The "window" is near the weak place in the space-time fabric, the opening through which Mlenfee entered Earth's universe and ventured into Manhattan. Eahnah has been called to help rid the city of the Wargi, and she is just now destroying, by mental means, a major tower whose present occupants, all Wargi monsters, will soon be dead. Unfortunately, and ironically, all the heat released will cause a new Ice Age-within a few years, not millennia.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Thanks for the upload. Great drawing of new york. Most likely The artist wanted an Apocalypse feel to it. I doubt he new ahead of time of 9/11. But it's a interesting none the least.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Well,i thought of a couple of things but i can't form an opinion (at least not yet).

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Interesting, painted 4 years before 9/11.

When I noticed the reflection the first thing that sprang to mind was that the 3 peaks represented the pyramids at Giza or Orion`s belt, with the sun as the horseshoe nebula near Alnitak.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
This stuff happens.. or does it?

Like the album cover of "the coup" from June, 2001. This is no joke or fake.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

That album came out a few days after 9/11

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
to me the picture is like "the bane of man from the beginning of time" most men are attracted to beautiful women like bees are to flowers! hence the flowers on the woman, and time is represented be the reflection in the water... and by "bane" i mean weakness...

I like Boris' work too. H e does alot of Conan Art or fantasy art for Conan novels...I think...

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

The release was Novermber 6th that is correct. But it was earlier created.

The album, which was originally scheduled to be released in early September 2001, is best known for its original cover art, which depicted Boots Riley and Pam the Funkstress appearing to detonate the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center[2]. What appears to be a detonating device is in actuality a digital chromatic tuner, which is used in music to tune instruments or vocals during warm ups.[citation needed] The words on the tuner read Covert-Labs. The art was created in June 2001. After the September 11, 2001, attacks, the album's release was delayed until November 2001 to allow new cover art to be created.

*EDIT Source:Wikipedia

[edit on 28-1-2010 by Hellas]

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

I wonder what the artist has to say about it?

Reminds me of this Tarot Card-

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ca88c48b38c3.jpg[/atsimg]

Keep up the good work OP.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust
This was painted in 1997

What do you think it means?

I believe this is just a major coincidence due to the fact that "Boris" used to paint for a heavy metal band back in the 90's.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Sorry about the last post, kinda screwed it up

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Sorry about the last post, kinda screwed it up

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I think it means nothing, because the world trade center towers were iconic, with millions of people familiar with them.
Why one burning?
We all like to destroy things when we are younger and some still enjoy to, while most of us like to watch a building being imploded, I don’t know the physiological lingo and what not’s, but I say human nature.

So he picked something he’s familiar with, and something millions of people are familiar with. If I was gonna do a painting and market it, I would'nt use some shed on my block to depict , I would go with something we all can relate to. That just my first thoughts, and 7 second look at the image.
So I’m gonna go with its just coincidence.

[edit on 28-1-2010 by Sippy Cup]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join