It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Internet is the Conspiracy...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
This is of course one of the things that is frightening the elites and entrenched hierarchies in institutions in regards to the Internet.

You have in previous posts sounded cautionary notes in regards to the potential destructive impact that the internet can have on rendering things obsolete.

So honestly what I am perceiving is a two pronged approach you are taking as someone who is a member of special interest groups who both worries and fears that the Internet might erode the legitimacy or acceptability of those special interests though cautioning people to be especially wary of sources of information that challenge existing dogmas and special interests,

I could be wrong, but that’s the basic message I am gleaning from this and your other recent thread regarding the Internet.

I assure you Im not looking at the Internet from a Special-Interest-Group or Elitist standpoint in this thread and the thread you linked but from the viewpoint of a Paranoid (this thread) and the viewpoint of someone concerned about accuracy (other thread).

Dont read more into my threads than is there.This is really just the question of WHAT IF there is a hidden purpose, unseen?

For instance: Most youth have already been criminalized for Downloading music, books or movies. Its almost as if it has been allowed to happen.

(?)

I am not making the claim that there is a Conspiracy, merely asking "What if". Speculation. Why? Because I dont have the answers.

The benefits of the Internet which you have pointed out, are abundantly clear to me, to us. The benefits of free Communication and free flow of Information are clear. But we mustnt assume that a hypothetical conspiracy for world control is sold to the populace without offering that populace benefits.

[edit on 27-1-2010 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oceanborn
Internet is a very good "truth-maker" i think.

How true. Inject a piece of falsehood, it`ll spread like wildfire and you`ll always find someone or other who believes it.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Your last paragraph is the most worrisome IMO.

To expand a little on my earlier thoughts.

48 years of life has taught me one thing clearly: If something seems to good to be true, it usually is. Apply that old truism to the internet and it almost becomes obvious that, yes, the chances are good that this medium has more disadvantages than advantages in the long term. With every one part true information or outlook 'we'(actually SOME of us) gain, we may very well be losing two parts of something more valid. Normal human interaction, common courtesy, human decency, etc, etc..all of these come to mind.

Frankly, the internet is populated as much by former truckstop bathroom wall-writers(i.e--foragoodtimecallme.com*) as it is enlightened or rational human beings. And the problem REALLY is that so very few can tell the difference. I truly feel this part is absolutely fact.

The 'possible conspiracy' part of the equation, then, would be in determining if anyone or any group could have: 1) foreseen this in advance,2) studied the possible moral decay that is almost positive to occur due to the inevitable co-opting of this medium by the unsavory or delusional among us, and 3) weighed the effect that would have on society as a whole, let alone individuals.

So we are left to wonder, I suppose, but all in all, I feel it is less a privacy isue than it is a potential social engineering issue. Either way, it is certainly deserving of more research.

(*I have no idea if thats a real website or not,it was to provide an example lol)

[edit on 27-1-2010 by Clark Savage Jr.]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I assure you Im not looking at the Internet from a Special-Interest-Group or Elitist standpoint in this thread and the thread you linked but from the viewpoint of a Paranoid (this thread) and the viewpoint of someone concerned about accuracy (other thread).

Dont read more into my threads than is there.This is really just the question of WHAT IF there is a hidden purpose, unseen?

It is my nature to look for the conspiracy in everything Skyfloating, that would include your own motivations for posting.

I am in fact convinced that there is a conspiracy to everything. It’s just a matter of ferreting out that conspiracy and staying two or three steps ahead of it.

This is in fact how the elites run the world is they typically know what your next step is and have actually already formulated a way to capture the momentum of that step to direct it to their own goals even while you imagine what you are doing is thwarting, hindering or defeating their goals.

They simply utilize synergy very well in that regard, so the real trick is not thinking of the present conspiracy, the present conspiracy has always already succeeded so unearthing it will only do you good to the extent that you can ascertain what space of the chess board you are actually on, what space of the chess board they are actually on, the accurate depth of their command situation and what will be the follow on conspiracy to the current conspiracy and then the follow on conspiracy to that.

If you can do all of that and then guide your current actions to countering what is logically going to unfold two or three moves later in the game, now you are playing a world class game and making the game interesting challenging and fun for the elites! They appreciate that Skyfloating, really they do, and nobody likes playing a game that isn’t challenging!

If you are really just at the what if portion of the game? My best advice for people is to find an easier game to play! As in reality you aren’t even in the game, well except as a pawn, pawns have very limited capabilities and no situational awareness and you rarely ever see a pawn win the game.

For instance: Most youth have already been criminalized for Downloading music, books or movies. Its almost as if it has been allowed to happen.

We all ready know how and why that has been allowed to happen Skyfloating through your brilliant thread on the Mozart Effect.

The Mozart Effect

As we discussed music has a powerful effect on the mind to effect emotions. We also know most of how the world is led through emotional manipulation and emotional appeal. It absolutely behooves the powers that be to make sure that the youth have access to music, especially modern music that is aimed at the lowest possible common denominator and limiting perspectives and ratcheting up fear and anger and other counterproductive perspectives.

The fact that it can be criminalized is an added bonus, but the fact that it is criminal; a forbidden fruit so to speak also makes the fruit more tempting and valuable to the thieves.

So here what we see is now that process of thinking beyond step one, the simple criminal complicity that is endangering and labeling people, to the next step which is how that music is then actually utilized in the thief’s own worst interest.

The most obvious conspiracy is not usually the most dangerous conspiracy Skyfloating, and that is why one has to continually keep asking questions and thinking through the logical steps of where the conspiracy is leading to and how.

I am not making the claim that there is a Conspiracy, merely asking "What if". Speculation. Why? Because I dont have the answers.

Of course you have the answers; you are a highly intelligent, contemplative, introspective and retrospective human being, you just for what ever reasons choose not to divulge the answers.

There in lies the Skyfloating part of the conspiracy, why isn’t Skyfloating telling all and sharing all?

The benefits of the Internet which you have pointed out, are abundantly clear to me, to us. The benefits of free Communication and free flow of Information are clear. But we mustnt assume that a hypothetical conspiracy for world control is sold to the populace without offering that populace benefits.

This is where we get to how synergy is actually used to harness people’s active efforts against the powers that be and unbeknownst to most people they are being channeled into something that in fact is helpful to the powers that be.

Don’t you just love the way these guys think?

Yes it’s a conspiracy Skyfloating but it’s only as effective as their ability to stay on top of it and their timing in the next step of it and the step after that.

Which is why I always assume conspiracy as my starting point, and then start examining the angles I would be playing if I were the one conspiring in that fashion in that mode to try to ascertain what my logical next step of the conspiracy would be, and how those opposed to the conspiracy would be likely to react so in fact I could factor all that in to my next step, and the step after that.

Ultimately you want to do one of two things or both things, one is to derail the conspiracy by taking it off course and off track but off course and off track in a way that the conspirators had never anticipated it could possible be steered towards. Then of course if at all possible, hijack the conspiracy itself and turn it around on the conspirators to use it against them.

The Internet is in fact one of the largest conspiracies ever unveiled and one without known precedent so there will be a lot of opportunities there to derail it, and highjack it and turn it against the Powers that Be.

It’s a huge gamble, one that if they win, well they will in fact have us all locked to the grid, but if they loose there may be in fact no tenable fall back position left for them because of the size of the conspiracy and sheer numbers involved.

So the real hypothetical is can you Skyfloating think of ways to derail the conspiracy and highjack it or are you destined to just be a pawn on the board?

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

It absolutely behooves the powers that be to make sure that the youth have access to music, especially modern music that is aimed at the lowest possible common denominator and limiting perspectives and ratcheting up fear and anger and other counterproductive perspectives. The fact that it can be criminalized is an added bonus, but the fact that it is criminal; a forbidden fruit so to speak also makes the fruit more tempting and valuable to the thieves. So here what we see is now that process of thinking beyond step one, the simple criminal complicity that is endangering and labeling people, to the next step which is how that music is then actually utilized in the thief’s own worst interest.

People pay good money to learn all that this implies my friend and still never get it because of the way it is presented. This, I get. Well done.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Excellent question. It certainly seems so that the net is ideal for harvesting info and creating a 'beast' of intelligence.

It could be. However, I'll still take it over TV/media any day. Media is a one way propaganda tool while on the user generated net, for every one side, there is opposing info.

The info boom makes it worth it to me but you are right- every move is tracked.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by jackflap

The very concept of the internet was established a long time ago. TPTB knew exactly what they were doing when they allowed this technology. They knew exactly what information would be accessed and supplied their own versions. Our supposed knowledge from the internet is exactly what they want us to know.

This is all just a theory on my part. As is this next one. What if they have sequences of letters and numbers, that when searched expose the hidden archives? You could access from anywhere there is an internet connection with a simple search code. It's something I would have embedded.

Since the military has been using the Internet long before anyone else, we probably only have the "for the masses" version and they probably do have their private areas + everything that has ever happened on the Internet stored somewhere.

I coulda sworn I just read another thread, somewhere, that Google already has servers/databases dedicated to this effort and that they are being propositioned by the Gov/Military for access(?!)

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Starred and Flagged OP!

such a mind boggling theory but when you think about it, it all makes sence!

Well done.

Mr Webby 666

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Clark Savage Jr.

I see it that way too.

More research is certainly needed. This place is supposed to be the most paranoid place on the web, but the paranoia is lacking when it comes to something everyone thinks is the best thing thats ever happened to humanity.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
So the real hypothetical is can you Skyfloating think of ways to derail the conspiracy and highjack it or are you destined to just be a pawn on the board?

Im not entirely certain there is one in this regard.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
DARPAs former Logo (DARPA invented the Internet):

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7402520ccfac.gif[/atsimg]

[edit on 2-2-2010 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Considering the internet is an integral part of all of our lives I can see there is a possibility for a conspiracy here. But what is the conspiracy? Is it a government conspiracy to mind control its citizens? Is it a corporate conspiracy to overthrow the government? How could the vast internet possibly have one central purpose?

When I think about the internet's effect on my life, I can see that it has probably made me less social, it has made me more hungry for knowledge and answers, it has made me lazy, and it has made me more independent. Who would want me to be less social, and more lazy and hungry for knowledge? If the government is truly behind this conspiracy, I would be impressed at the fact that the government could actually organize themselves and execute such a grand conspiracy effectively. Judging by the effectiveness of our government recently, I would say the government is not capable of controlling the vast internet.

So if it is not government, who could be behind this conspiracy? What is a power that is bigger than our government in this world? I can't think of one. Now I'm not really religious or anything, but I can't help but consider the possibility that there is something bigger than us behind this conspiracy if it is a conspiracy at all. Hungry for knowledge, lazy, independent, these are all things that Satan would want out of us... so maybe the conspiracy is that the internet is steering mankind into the apocalypse. Maybe the internet is one of the four horsemen of the apocalypse.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Share a Paranoid moment with me...

If you wanted total control of all of earths minds you wouldnt get it with something people hate. You'd get it with what everyone loves. With what everyone willinglly embraces. Thats where people least suspect danger.

If the Internet were a mind or a person, it woul already have much of what it needs.

It knows who you are.
It knows where you live.
It knows what you read.
It knows what you buy.
It knows what you like.
It knows what you dislike.
It knows who your friends are.
It knows what you believe.
It knows what you Download.

You willingly provided this information. If it wanted to find something against you, it probably could. And even if it couldnt find anything against you it could easily make something up. Information, whether true or false, spreads quickly these days. So if it doesnt like you, thats tough luck.

Even if you hadnt provided all that Information and even if it didnt know everything about you, you`d probably still be hooked to its hypnotic lure and the promise of access to all the worlds information.

I was just thinking the other day about "the cold war" and "espionage". How James Bond would use "technology" to pull of his act. Anyway, it hit me, they don't need to spy anymore, they already know everything they need to know on anyone....Gotta give these guys credit...Pretty impressive minds.

Peace

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
The idea that Satan is behind the internet?

This has crossed my mind as well, amongst other things. Given a few facts and speculations, a theory formed.

Nicola Tesla, born during a lightning storm. Invents devices that harness electricity, says the information came from space.

Perhaps the forces of evil travel or exist through electromagnetic forces, and this is how they are able to manipulate and control the brains of those they attack, much like HAARP could do?

If this is true, then convincing humanity to construct a "bridge" (the grid) for them to more fully exist and interact in this world would be a necessary precursor to the Internet, which could be an a mechanical substitute for the presence of the Holy Spirit, or as some have mentioned, global awareness or consciousness.
A handy way to do lots of things, say lots of things, be everywhere and nowhere, and to quickly disseminate information all over the world, as we know.

If human brain waves generate more VLF waves, perhaps this, with a surge of electromagnetic energy, could cause a mass hallucination, of a fake rapture, alien invasion, or whatever horror story one's mind finds frightening. Perhaps this fear, or any negative emotional energy helps the enemy to overtake the world in the end, and that's why TPTB continue to deny the reality of aliens.

Perhaps they are really demons, this is really a tool they intend to use against us, and perhaps belief in them, in alien form or whatever terrifies, is what we must continue to do only in small, unorganized numbers, and only with some kind of understanding.

If this theory is correct, then the biggest conspiracy is actually against us, and it's that there is no enemy.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
This is why to the internet, I am anonymous.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Every search you type into google is registered.

If there really is some grand truth that is hidden, a search-machine would know first if you are getting close to it by the type of searches you type in.

The power to know what everyone is thinking is awesome.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Icecoldfm

You just have to look at the words.

world wide "web"
Inter "net"

They are both devices used to capture.

And interestingly enough, when you look up the word "Nephilim" it redirects to the Orb Weaver Spider!
What do you suppose that means?

And what about the motto "Weaving Spiders Come Not Here?" at the Bohemian Club.

Also there is a relief motif of weavers at a loom on one of the very old cathedrals. (Duomo? )

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wang Tang
... so maybe the conspiracy is that the internet is steering mankind into the apocalypse. Maybe the internet is one of the four horsemen of the apocalypse.

If you research it, you will find that the 'pale' horse is actually a pale green in color. Look at your modem, look at your tower, look at your router, and the lighted buttons at the bottom of your monitor. Those lights are ALL pale green. And it is run by "horsepower".

We are the riders of the pale green horse.

[edit on 10-2-2010 by Alethea]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copperflower

Perhaps the forces of evil travel or exist through electromagnetic forces, and this is how they are able to manipulate and control the brains of those they attack, much like HAARP could do?

If this is true, then convincing humanity to construct a "bridge" (the grid) for them to more fully exist and interact in this world would be a necessary precursor to the Internet, which could be an a mechanical substitute for the presence of the Holy Spirit, or as some have mentioned, global awareness or consciousness.
A handy way to do lots of things, say lots of things, be everywhere and nowhere, and to quickly disseminate information all over the world, as we know.

It seems ridiculous at first that the internet is a bridge for forces of evil to interact with humanity, but it makes sense. Does anyone know why the internet was created in the first place? Was it really for the good of mankind, or was it to make a lot of money? Does making information more accessible really make life better? I think the internet wasn't made for the good of mankind, and it doesn't make life any better. If anything, it makes our lives worse.

With the internet we can all find answers to our questions on our own without help from other people. This leads all of mankind to be more independent and less dependent on help from others. We have gotten to the point where we can access the internet anywhere in the world from our phones, so when we need answers we can look it up instead of asking people for help. This means live interactions between people will decrease as people become more dependent on the internet for help.

As human interactions decrease, what happens? We live in a "help yourself" world where people would rather help themselves instead of swallowing their pride and accepting help from others. In religion, the Good people usually are people that help others without expecting anything in return. We have gotten to a point where people feel like they don't need help from others because they can figure things out on their own.

Computer dependency, increased pride, less interactions between people, this is really how the internet has changed peoples' lives. From a biblical standpoint, the fact that one thing has the power to affect people on such a grand scale is scary.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I think you make a good point, a deeper one about the psychological effects that have come from the Internet.

The ease and flow of information seems to lure some into thinking that science, research, learning, and investigating are just hobbies and that years of education, experience, and career mean little to nothing. Is this because so many people are denied the opportunity or preparation for higher education?

If one goes to college and sees the difference between professors and professionals and oneself, the respect for education is naturally there. But if one is not able to attend school, it may seem that anyone could educate themselves the same way. Not true.

Studying is a discipline. Teachers/instructors are not there to be perfect, to put one down, or to be megalomaniacs. They are there to teach, correct, and test students who are there willingly, having paid for the classes and books a very dear price, eaten less, given up most of their social life (if they want to pass), and sacrificed for their degree and future.

It's not even close to the same on the Internet, looking up stuff. I've done both, as I'm sure many others have. But we don't forget that we have no one to correct or instruct us, so our minds must be critical and non-biased to glean pertinent information and not simply feed our opinions. That's what a college education really does for a person, teaches them to sift knowledge in the right ways, to be intelligent and open-minded, so we can evaluate information.

No true student of learning would put his own theories over those of the greater ones that came before. He would respectfully submit his thoughts and observations in the climate those others have created long ago, and realize his meager role in all that. Whatever is true will stand, and whatever is incomplete will eventually be understood as such, and either supplemented, or proven incorrect.

That is a logical, powerful, and respectful approach. It is also a more rational approach than insulting giants of intellect like Darwin, Crick, and others.

Yes, as a Christian, I respect these great ones. Why shouldn't I? My faith doesn't turn off my brain, but rather, expands it. Knowledge is a huge thing. There's no reason to believe other people haven't found a piece of it, until they insist that no one else has.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join