It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Al-Qaeda aims to hit U.S. with WMDs

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
THIS IS SCARY!!

Not because of the WMD, but because Obama has falling popularity, the DOW is tumbling on jobs reports, the no-fly list is not working, Americans are starting to question everything........so what will TPTB do?????

Let's see......Osama Bin Laden makes a new video...that is always a good sign TPTB/CIA is back to work. Al Qaeda is back in the news with WMD....that worked good for Bush!

What would unite the people, create jobs, give a Obama a refill for his check book and allow even further erosion of our Constitution, personal Freedoms, and human rights?

An attack on an American City would do all of that!

Think about a WMD hitting New York for a second, a minimum of a couple of hundred thousand workers wiped out, and millions of jobs created to rebuild. A legitimate reason to move government operations out to Denver. A good reason to increase military presence overseas and bring UN Peacekeepers here to help out in airports, ports, and NAFTA highways.

Maybe I have been reading ATS too long, but the plan is almost transparent at this point! If I were a New Yorker I would be finding a place upstate for awhile!

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
We can only hope that they hit us sometime soon. Personaly I'm hopeing they take out most of Washington so we can start over.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by wantsome

Always looking for the silver lining, eh? I agree with you. Somehow America's got to start over with Honest people as Reps. Maybe run Gov't, for the people, by the people. I heard that somewhere before.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Le Colonel
"If" there were terrorists that wanted to harm NorthAmerica, it would have been done already.. If my little brain can come up with a few sceniros that would instill fear into population, then a "terrorist" hell bent on creating destruction would have thought of it already..

The reason it hasnt happened? I dont think it is because of any policies "big government" has implemented. In fact those policies have just made it harder for regular folk to travel.

In fact the world is fast becoming a ridiculus place to live in.. Its like people dont even think for themselves anymore.. Its really sad.

I couldn't agree with you more. If the scary terrorists wanted to hurt us there are countless ways they could have already. 9 years after 9/11 and the government wants us to believe that the terrorists are still targeting planes for their attacks. Even though its easier to get into Ft. Knox then it is to get on a plane with a weapon.

9 years later and not one train, bus, shopping mall or any other crowded venue has been attacked. Anyone can walk right into these places with a backback full of explosives yet they still try to get on a plane?

It all BS to keep us living in fear. I refuse to be afraid.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by pigwithoutawig

Can i ask all reading a broad question what is a false flag attack in your own words?
and do you think statements like false flag and tptb and nwo are bringing creedance to discussions or do you think they trivialize them?

as is my opinion?

as soon as i here these coined catch phrases i lose focus because it seems there is no real intuition going on or personal research rather just another band wagon catch phrase. to get stars or be in the click ats gang.

I dunno maybe its time to take a break from ats for a bit.

but i would like very much any opinions on my question im not leaving just yet!

[edit on 26-1-2010 by triplescorpio]

[edit on 26-1-2010 by triplescorpio]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
The only terrorism I fear: is the systematic devaluation of the currency, inflation, loss of jobs with seemingly no real prospects in the future, deficit spending, astronomical Federal deficit, self-centered politicians, picking away our rights piece by piece, and many other domestic ills. I am sorry, but this stuff is just fanning the flames of paranoia.

Why am I going to lose sleep over fairy tales being contrived from some man in a cave (that's if the the man even exists and is in a cave?) with to much time on their hands reading Tom Clancy novels. Come on, WMD in the news again, and a threat on a metropolitan area in the United States. This stuff would make good fiction, perhaps, a novel or Hollywood movie. However, I think it is just more fear mongering by our power brokers and their propaganda arm the MSM.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I don't understand how people can claim that people hate us because we invade their countries; then say that they don't really hate us when we get terror info...

I love this place.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by triplescorpio

To me false flag means an attack that galvanizes public support for a goal of the Gov't, that the public would be or was against at the start. Whether bringing this stuff up helps a conversation, I don't know I guess it's up to the individual. If this stuff turns you off maybe you should take a break from here. Because there is a lot of that conspiracy stuff on here.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I am more concerned with the "THING" changing dna down here creating serious sci fi behavior abroad (MONSTERS VS ALIENS SMH). Binjy and his koopa troopas have to face the same "THING" UM JUST SAYEN
So why no discussion globally about the "THING" SMH at distraction methods!!!
THING = CELESTIAL ENCOUNTER

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

True,although an enemy that hellbent on causing harm to us in the US/UK would not need a gun at all IMO.
Like I mentioned before,if a gang of idiots really wanted to hurt us,any store would do-any gang of goons could be paid or motivated to do horrid operations on society as a whole.
If the threat was as big and bad as we are led to believe by our loving governments and news media,the whole infrastructure of the developed world would now be under constant attack.Nowhere would be safe.

From the fact that this has not happened yet,I have to question the accuracy of the threats we are presented with over and over by the likes of Sky CNN Fox etc.

Originally posted by sayzaar
The UK has been placed on a 'SEVERE' level
Just as they are about to introduce controversial x-ray scanning machines into all the airports !
And as Tony Blair is about to give evidence (behind closed doors) at the War on Iraq hearing !
Work it out for yourselves !!!
They seem to think we can't.

Hey sayzaar,
Remeber they just cut 120 million sterling from their overseas anti terror budget just days before they raised the threat to severe-

Ministers have admitted cutting some counter-terror projects in Pakistan - a day after Gordon Brown said the area was the "number one security threat".
Ministers say the budget for counter terrorism will go up next year - but not by as much as hoped and some projects have already been axed. The Foreign Office is having to cut back because of the falling pound.
The Tories have accused the government of "being indifferent" to Britain's global interests.
But Foreign Secretary David Miliband firmly denied this, telling the BBC: "We make absolutely no apology for making sure our spending goes on the highest impact programmes.

news.bbc.co.uk...

They cut the budget,and then have the nerve to put up the terror alert???
Who the hell are these fools?

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Yeah, I know! Where are the regulars that always jump on stories like this, about how the big bad cave-dwelling boogy-man wants to kill us in ten steps (or whatever the heck it is). I mean, this thread is over two hours old, they must be slacking!

I'm not discounting that there are actual people out there that want to hurt another group of people, that will always be around. But come on, if these so called "extremists" truly wanted to spread terror in the Western world, they would have figured out how to effectively do it by now. Either someone wants us to believe something that isn't true, or the supposed "enemies" are really stupid and can't coordinate worth a damn, and have been sending all of our alphabet soup intelligence organizations on a wild goose chase for years now. Or maybe its a little of both.

Personally, I more think that someone is trying to make us all believe something that isn't true.

[edit on 26-1-2010 by riddle6]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse

It would not be hard for people who wish to do us harm to carry out unspeakable attacks on our society with items bought from wall mart or any store.
So far they have not.
Thankfully.
I await JJay55 to correct me and mention her ideas about the AQ plan to wait 10 years before attacking,before all holy hell breaks loose..

Oh snap, Wal Mart has WMD now, i know they are known to have everything but god da$%, what's this world ocming to?

On a more serious note, I totally agree with most of you guys: If AQ wanted to hit the US with something it prob would of happened already, I mean why wait this long for something. We practically forgot about AQ by now! That is tell our trusty MSM kept us in the loop on where AQ stands and what they plan on doing! Thanks god for Fox News and MSNBC, what would we do without them?

Well boys, i have to go now, the underground bunker won't build itself!

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
"Report: Al-Qaeda aims to hit U.S. with WMDs"

We really needed a report to know this?

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
If anybody hits us with WMDs it'll be our own military/intelligence communities again, trying to stir up more reason to invade additional countries in the Middle East.

And if such a thing happens, you KNOW we ARE going to be invading more countries. It's classic problem/solution. They create the problem, then they offer us the "solution." False flag warfare. Works like a charm whenever there's no real threat to be had.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Let's see polls show the President's numbers are falling,the general public is mad at both so called parties.The politians in DC are in dire need of somekind of Domestic policy victory so they turn to the old stand by Al CIAda in hopes of fooling the nation.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I hate to explain this to people. (because you're not me) , but i know that New York won't be around. I knew this at the dawn of a new millennium. I can't explain it at best but it's something near to my heart enough that it will impose a deterioration of all things within the united states. I also had a dream the selfridge (My home town) airport will be hit as well. Lucky me

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I hate to explain this to people. (because you're not me) , but i know that New York won't be around. I knew this at the dawn of a new millennium. I can't explain it at best but it's something near to my heart enough that it will impose a deterioration of all things within the united states. I also had a dream the selfridge (My home town) airport will be hit as well. Lucky me

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Bush administration officials feared that bin Laden was close to obtaining nuclear weapons in 2003 after U.S. spies picked up a cryptic message by a Saudi affiliate of al-Qaeda referring to plans to obtain three stolen Russian nuclear devices. The intercepts prompted the U.S. and Saudi governments to go on alert and later led to an aggressive Saudi crackdown that resulted in the arrest or killing of dozens of suspected al-Qaeda associates.

After that, terrorists' chatter about a possible nuclear acquisition halted abruptly, but U.S. officials were never certain whether the plot was dismantled or simply pushed deeper underground.

Here's the nuke threat.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River

About NY.. When would you think that it won't be around? I work right across the river from Manhattan and would like to know what day to call in sick.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join