It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Al-Qaeda aims to hit U.S. with WMDs

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Report: Al-Qaeda aims to hit U.S. with WMDs

www.msnbc.msn.com

When al-Qaeda's No. 2 leader, Ayman al-Zawahiri, called off a planned chemical attack on New York's subway system in 2003, he offered a chilling explanation: The plot to unleash poison gas on New Yorkers was being dropped for "something better," Zawahiri said in a message intercepted by U.S. eavesdroppers.

The meaning of Zawahiri's cryptic threat remains unclear more than six years later, but a new report warns that al-Qaeda has not abandoned its goal of attacking the United States with a chemical, biological or even nuclear weapon.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
So what do you think ? Just more fear mongering or is al-qeada coming for America? Maybe a false flag nuke attack. Who knows anymore? Seems like someone has something planned, I'm not sure who those planners would be. Could be Osama, I hear he's risen from the dead. There is a lot of strange things going on , in a short time.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by pigwithoutawig

Wow

In the Article they claim the invasion of Afgan stopped AQ from weaponizing

the Anthrax they had.

This Article is a Two-fer

Fear Mongering , and Justifying Afgan invasion.

Don't sweat any WMD, but be careful of crazy Muslim Taxi Drivers, you

are more likely to die from one of those , than a terrorist.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I feel if terrorists REALLY hated us the way our government makes us believe they do we'd be seeing A LOT more terrorism in this country. A few screw ups trying to light a shoe bomb on a plane or blow themselves up on a plane? Come on! If I was a terrorist I could think of a 101 ways to wreak havoc on the American populace and it would be a hell of a lot easier than trying to sneak a WMD into a major metropolitan area.

Several small scale Columbine type scenarios carried out in sequence all over the country is a perfect example. So my question is if terrorists are so hell bent on hating and killing us why haven't they? My gut tells me if there is every a WMD attack on American soil our own government will have known about it beforehand or be involved in it someway somehow.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

You make excellent points. Isn't the point of terrorists to terrorize. I think a lot of smaller attacks would scare people more then one big attempted attack here, then years later another attack there.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
we spend the most money on our military and national defense yet we can't stop people on no fly lists and people who's parents have come forth and said my son is a terrorist stop him. If you ask me, either the government or shadow agency is behind it, or they know and let it happen to aid in achieving their ultimate goals. Why tell me about these terrorists plottin my destruction, there is nothing I can do about it and apparently nothing my government can do about it... even with boat loads of money and crazy technology. They tell you to keep you scared because when your scared you don't think rationally, you think emotionally simple as that.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

I agree with you, a boy scout could reap some serious crap compared to these couple of plane bombers. That said though, after our country tore the hell out of the middle east, it would seem revenge would finally come to us from some of them. Some would have to hit the bulls eye and have success.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The worst part of this is people will drink this story up like its the best darn Kool-aid they've ever had. The scary muslims hate me for my ability to work until im 80 to pay debt (which is as real as the easter bunny).

Our media propogates the "terrorist's" supposed message in their papers keeping the fear rampant and all of us docile but then claim its all to fight back against them. Meanwhile the dumb boob-toobers are terrified of a tan skinned bearded man in a turban without a thought as to the climate of fear and paranoia they live in. Kinda seems to me the terror-ists are winning this one.

Or could be a bunch of baloney spun from a sordid history of subjucating populations everywhere forstering the anger and hate they feel is so unwarranted.

What a world...

Cheers

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
It seems like they have really been ramping up the whole terror thing lately. It makes you wonder. Why do they want to keep us on edge. Are they trying to distract us from something.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
some good points here, the article is just fear mongering and its propaganda for justifying the war in afghanistan. i wouldnt worry about it. a false flag attack on the us with WMD would be a major step towards what exactly? invading pakistan? for what reasons? imagine how hostile that population would be... so i dont see it happening.. its all bluff and bullsh*t.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
"If" there were terrorists that wanted to harm NorthAmerica, it would have been done already.. If my little brain can come up with a few sceniros that would instill fear into population, then a "terrorist" hell bent on creating destruction would have thought of it already..

The reason it hasnt happened? I dont think it is because of any policies "big government" has implemented. In fact those policies have just made it harder for regular folk to travel.

In fact the world is fast becoming a ridiculus place to live in.. Its like people dont even think for themselves anymore.. Its really sad.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Well conscidering Al-Queda is a CIA brain child, and helps to spur fear and thus create problem, reaction, solution on the road to global tyranny, I take this with a serious grain of caution for a Cheney funded nuclear event based on the Bent Spear incident of August 30, 2007 when the B-52 armed to the TITS with stealth nuclear missiles took off and "accidently" lost one of the alledged nukes.

I've been waiting to see if it has been recovered, or when it will be used in the next American false flag event. May the NWO insanity never end.

If Al-Queda was real, and they really wanted to get at the heart of Americans, they should resort to proven methods:

1.) Give Americans what they really want: Beer, BBQ and PIE.

I'm sure we can add to that list, but Al-queda would have made better friends then enemies with America. But since Al-queda is American, it's the dog biting the hand that feeds it and blaming it on the cat.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Weapons of Mass Destruction!?! I thought Bush left office? I know Obama enjoys recycling but this propaganda didn't wash the first time. What makes them think people will accept it this time? Especially from Afghanistan a nation that has alot in common with Haiti economically. Does Afghanistan even have a Navy or an Air force? I know it has one or two cities however is not the majority of Afghanistan smaller villages made of yurts?

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

no distraction,"they" just want us to keep in mind something "could/will"

happen soon and when the s#$t hits the fan we will already have in our

minds who to blame.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

We have been told over and over that Al Queda want or intend to strike the US homeland with WMDs since 911.
Thankfully that has not happened so far.It is for each of us to decide why that is-is it because they have been held back by intel/security/new laws?
Or is it because AQ are bunch of no hopers,jossled along by the same corrupt organisations who seek to control us all?
Not for me to say.
Although my take is that if they had really wanted to cause the west such damage they would have done a whole lot more by now.
It would not be hard for people who wish to do us harm to carry out unspeakable attacks on our society with items bought from wall mart or any store.
So far they have not.
Thankfully.
I await JJay55 to correct me and mention her ideas about the AQ plan to wait 10 years before attacking,before all holy hell breaks loose..

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Yea, well i mean if they wanted to kill Americans, all you'd need would be a gun. I hear there not that hard to get down there. Certain guns could take a lot of people out.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
omg, cave dwelling morons want to do bad things to us half a world away...we are seriously in danger if they can steal a donkey to make their way over here.

nothing but fear mongering...simply put...if your in a subway station and you see gas jetting out suddenly...cover your face and run away from the gas cloud and to fresh air...if you see someone getting read to detonate a bomb and your close...tackle him and hold his hand...and if someone tries to hold 100 people hostage with a damn box cutter...laugh at him then kick him in the nads...thats all...carry on.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
The UK has been placed on a 'SEVERE' level

Just as they are about to introduce controversial x-ray scanning machines into all the airports !

And as Tony Blair is about to give evidence (behind closed doors) at the War on Iraq hearing.

Work it out for yourselves !!!

They seem to think we can't.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Weapons of Mass Distraction... why the hell is our economy in the #ter again? Ohhh right because we don't produce and like to inflate our currency... how much do I personally owe the Chinese (mostly) for decisions I didn't even make? 20,000? 50,000? 100,000? Does it really matter? The world is f***ed, we are all getting robbed blind, and we are worried about a bunch of people who we have hammered into the stone age and far more inferior technologically. Keep blaming it on them, keep fanning the fire, keep the vicious circle turning.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Al-Qaeda is going to be busy. The U.S. is issueing travel advisories to Americans going to the Olympics. Telling them to be on the lookout for al-Qaeda while in Canada. Now they want to hit the States with Nuke's. And to think they gave up a poison gas attack in 2003 for something bigger, how come this is the first time I heard this.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join