It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese say they received bogus bars of gold traced to U.S.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
The Fort Knox Conundrum: Chinese say they received bogus bars of gold traced to U.S.

In October 2009, China reportedly received a large shipment of gold, containing some 6,000 bars, weighing 400 ounces each. When it was received, the Chinese government asked that tests be performed to guarantee the purity and weight of the gold bars. In this test, four small holes were drilled into the bars, and the metal was analyzed. Officials were shocked to find the bars were bogus. They contained cores of tungsten, with only an outer coating of real gold. What’s more, these gold bars, containing serial numbers for tracking, originated in the United States and had reportedly been stored in Fort Knox for years.

snip...

At first, many gold experts speculated that the fake gold must have originated in China, which is considered the world’s best knock-off producers. However, the Chinese government investigated and issued a statement pointing a finger squarely at the United States.

The Chinese claim that in 1995—during the Clinton administration (Robert Rubin, Alan Greenspan and Lawrence Summers)—between 1.3 million and 1.5 million 400-ounce tungsten blanks were manufactured by a sophisticated refiner in the United States, amounting to more than 16,000 metric tons. Some 640,000 of these tungsten blanks were then gold plated and shipped to Fort Knox, according to the Chinese, where they are said to remain to this day. The Chinese contend that the remaining collection of these 400-ounce fakes was eventually gold-plated and then “sold” into international markets.

The global market is literally “stuffed full of 400 ounce salted bars,” said one unnamed expert. “It’s enough to destroy the world markets.”

www.americanfreepress.net...

Hmmmm...one wonders, if Ft. Knox is filled with fake gold bars, that would make American completely broke, would it not? We really need to get a handle on America's reserves and resources, and fast, before the Fat Cats spend us all into the poor house for good.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
That is scary but not surprising.

Surprised though that they are not filled with lead, with all the stuff they send us that is tainted, we should send a little back,lol

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Easy to analyze...cui bono?

Who got out of gold at an opportune time?

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
Easy to analyze...cui bono?

Who got out of gold at an opportune time?

The revelations of fake gold bars also explains another highly unusual story that also happened in 2004:
LONDON, April 14, 2004 (Reuters) — NM Rothschild & Sons Ltd., the London-based unit of investment bank Rothschild [ROT.UL], will withdraw from trading commodities, including gold, in London as it reviews its operations, it said on Wednesday.

Interestingly, GATA’s Bill Murphy speculated about this back in 2004;
“Why is Rothschild leaving the gold business at this time my colleagues and I conjectured today? Just a guess on my part, but [I] suspect something is amiss. They know a big scandal is coming and they don’t want to be a part of it… [The] Rothschild wants out before the proverbial “S” hits the fan.” — BILL MURPHY, LEMETROPOLE, 4-18-2004

Pakistan Daily

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
gold prices are very high and confidence in governments and markets is very low. this story has been around a while but there only seems to be one source and nothing more has come of it, either there is nothing substantial in it or anyone who has gold isn't willing to look into it very closely.

[edit on 26/1/10 by pieman]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Scary
I am left to wonder what about gold that we citizen purchase, do we have to have it tested? Where would one purchase "safe" gold, if indeed this true and does such a place exists?

A few weeks ago I was reading CNN money and they had their financial advisers telling people to sell ALL their gold, as it doesn't have a huge return, and we completely supporting the stock market, and these were people who only had 1% of their retirement invested in gold to begin with.

Personally, I've always been hesitant of the market, never put in it more than you can afford to lose, and I don't have much
. But on the other side of the coin, I am bombarded with ads from various gold companies, from "secret" french coins up for purchase and other similar items. Of course myself, I am leary anytime someone is trying to sell me something, particularly investment wise, it is simply something that I feel I should approach the bank or investment firm.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
This has already been posted.

It is somewhere here on ATS already

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TheFaceless

Yes, I thought I had seen this article previously from Pakistan Daily.

I'm not certain how much stock to put into the article, I could understand the US not wanting this to get out, but I haven't seen anything from the Chinese specifically. Which makes me wonder if this is simply propaganda.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Mayday! Mayday! This is the World Economy! We are going down! I repeat, we are going down!

Someone high up in power did a nice little switch-a-roo on us. I'm surprised we haven't heard much more about this. I wonder how many other countries have done their own core sampling and have found the same thing.

This is the kind of thing that could reduce the world to one big riot. This is a major sign of SHTF. If you haven't prepared yet, better start now.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
double post

[edit on 26-1-2010 by Quickfix]

link   
Here is the thread, it was posted mid January 2010

www.abovetopsecret.com...

link   
hmm, i wonder if this has anyting to do with the billions? or trillions? was it reported missing form the federal reserve? if so, looks to me like wall street and the FED, governemnt too wanted/needed that money really bad, for whatever the reason, and decided to try n gyp the chinese buyers..slip the fake stuff in hoping it would go unoticed, which is stupid.
I mean cmon, sooner or later soemones gunna find out it aint real....thats like trying to sell a coc aine dealer baknig soda on a massive scale.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
My husband said maybe its like the ebay scamer that gets an item then sends another one back in return. Maybe China drilled the holes and kept the good ones, and say they got fake ones,lol

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Lie with dogs you rise with fleas.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
China? The country that lies to and oppresses it's loyal citizens. The country that suppresses information from the populace. That China? I wouldn't buy anything China is selling. Be it lead tainted toys or stories about fake US gold.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by amatrine
That is scary but not surprising.

Surprised though that they are not filled with lead, with all the stuff they send us that is tainted, we should send a little back,lol

Hmmm, maybe you could export some democracy because you're doing so well at it!

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I just love this site from china.

I really wonder who made the bogus bars when a chinese company is trying to sell gold plated tungsten bars and coins.
www.tungsten-alloy.com...

I am willing to bet crooks have been buying gold coins and bars from this company and selling them in other countries.

There is a couple test that can be run to spot fakes one would be a magnetic field test because tungsten would have a diferant effect on a magnetic field even if its gold plated or a mix of gold and superfine tungsten dust.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I can't seem to find any source regarding China receiving fake gold.
It seems the story in the O.P. has taken on a life of it's own.

If this were to be true, it would be huge.

Another question is why deliver it to the Chinese?
Why not pawn it off on some Joe here in the U.S. instead of giving it to the Chinese?
Or keep it in circulation amongst the bankers here?
Or even give it to any country other than China?

China, above all other countries on Earth, is the one country that has both the military and economic power to retaliate over fake gold.

Oh yeah, one more thing.
So, China has known for fifteen years that the U.S. economy is propped up with this much fake gold, yet they continue to invest in us?

Sorry, this doesn't fly.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oaktree

If this were to be true, it would be huge.

what do you consider huge? the media #'ing bricks? (no pun intended)

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
There is another thread on ATS right now about a private refinery having received the same type of gold plated tungsten bars. Looks like everyone is getting fleeced, from the common man on the street to the rich in government. Thats what happens when you let crooks rule the world.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join