It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100% War Will Start In The Month Of February

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

Oh well, better luck next time. Maybe the next 100% sure thing will happen.

I know one thing.
This prediction was a 100% FAIL!

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
your wrong 4 me 2 more houre n its march n there is no war
fake

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I just began thinking, maybe this thread isn't a complete failure, had me checkin in often and posting. And your post appears to have started off the 26th page...so, IF this site was about making stuff up and getting attention, and NOT about bringing attention to conspiracies and finding the truth, then total success! Oh, but wait, it isn't.
But, Slayer, I fear you may yet be jumping the gun...its still Feburary in some parts of the world, most of it is Ocean...but still...Until its March in Samoa...I'll still be checkin HERE just to make sure our confidence didn't catch us offguard.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

You did warn him, in fact a lot of people did.

I mean fair play if making a ridiculous claim allows for full on ridicule by way of retribution - it will deter such action in the future. Communities police themselves very well without a heavy handed authoritarian figure catching every minor slight, in fact that's what many threads here are about.

I just don't want to see the pressgang show up and bop too many good posters for pretty much doing what Skunkworks is asking for. Stinking stories.

-m0r

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Let's not lose our heads because we didn't like the premise in the first place. This thread is exactly where it belongs. Just look through skunkworks. There is some very crazy stuff in here. It was a rather enjoyable thread while it lasted.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcouncil=wisdom
But, Slayer, I fear you may yet be jumping the gun...its still Feburary in some parts of the world, most of it is Ocean...but still...Until its March in Samoa...I'll still be checkin HERE just to make sure our confidence didn't catch us offguard.

Well if by some bizzare reason, Samoa starts a global war, then I guess we will look kind of silly.

Ah, who I am I kidding, its the OP who's sunk his own ship. Where is he by the way?

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I think the key lesson (if any) here is that no prediction is 100%. When dealing with foresight, we're talking about possibilities and probability. Don't trust anyone who claims to know the future of complex issues with a narrow time frame and at 100% certainty.

Guys, ya gotta admit, if his goal (unconsciously, I presume) was to get a lot of attention and points, he sure did succeed.

Don't feed the morons.
(yes, ima hypocrite..aren't we all?)

@zazz

Aren't points given for each post within a thread as well? I didn't flag this nonsense.

[edit on 28-2-2010 by unityemissions]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

Guys, ya gotta admit, if his goal (unconsciously, I presume) was to get a lot of attention and points, he sure did succeed.

Don't feed the morons.
(yes, ima hypocrite..aren't we all?)

Indeed the flaggers should also be held accountable for this outrage and shame.....

EDIT to add : apparently I need to highlight sarcasm and jest intended above....

[edit on 1-3-2010 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Where is he by the way?

In Hawaii with a rocket launcher, dressed as a Chinese soldier, tears in his eyes as he attacks the naval intelligence base there.

Hopefully Magnum can stop him.

-m0r

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Well I am about to go to bed. Welcome to my ignore box OP....I feel ....barely bad for you but you really had this coming.

-Kyo

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Wait a minute! What is this on this newspaper?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/60fd6a36dd96.jpg[/atsimg]

OMG! OMG! NO WAI! AHHHHHH

I think it's about time for this to be moved to [HOAX].

Another prediction thread that failed.

Oh well, better luck next time. Maybe the next 100% sure thing will happen.

Bumped for posterity.

[edit on 28-2-2010 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
This gives me an idea for my next thread.......

99% Chance War Will Start In The Month of March !!!!!!!

at least I have that 1% safety net.

way to Fail OP, ...... way to fail.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz

Indeed the flaggers should also be held accountable for this outrage and shame.....

Held accountable? What do you suggest? Naked flogging? It's the internet!

Really, it's a dumb thread. There's no point in outrage and dramatics. Someone will post another stupid one tomorrow. Are we gonna start handing out post bans because we don't like what people star?

[edit on 28-2-2010 by antonia]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

Originally posted by zazzafrazz

Held accountable? What do you suggest? Naked flogging. It's the internet.

Well that would not be my first choice for accountability.... but whatever floats your boat

Perhaps a confessional thread where they write 100 times :

"I will not flag ridiculous hoax threads and feed the trolls"

And perhaps switch on your joke detector

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/675443a2ab09.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

He wasn't trolling. He really thought it was going to happen. Did you stop and consider perhaps the people who starred perhaps were amused by the thread or agreed with him?

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[2]

Considering this is skunkworks, I wouldn't consider it trolling. He's just wrong. He's been wrong lots of times. Oh well, lots of people are wrong. I don't see why you guys are getting so damn dramatic about it. Do your gloating and move on. Free speech is free speech. Either you buy into the concept for all or you don't buy into it at all.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Well if you go by that definition, then yes, the OP is also a troll. He was off topic on his own thread many times.

He has also been wrong on predicitons before, on more than one occasion.

Did you flag this thread by any chance?

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I believe war was supposed to start in Feb as stated by the OP but the OP stopped it by posting it. We, the world wide web, came together to selflessly ridicule the OP and learned that we share common ground with one another. Way to sacrifice yourself for progression!

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

No, I don't think so. I honestly can't remember. I don't flag much of anything though. I do remember stating he's been wrong several times. He'll be wrong again too, as will you.

[edit on 28-2-2010 by antonia]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
This is just weakness.

Its a weakness not being able to control once personal emotions by posting all this crap against one person.

This person made a mistake. And he kept on making new once. Still i feel sorry for him. But you people just took the bait and dragged him down. And now you applause each other for a great catch.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Having a bit of fun, I have been called a few things by the OP, including I should be banned for questioning him lol
Call me silly if you wish for having some fun but Im not being dramatic, that would imply the OP has made a personal impact on me, for more than just humour.....

Thx for the lecture though, we all enjoy the deflection from the failed OP, but lets get back to it shall we?

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join