It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US sheriff says mom forced son to kill pet hamster

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

While that may be true, a child is going to see any order given by an authority (parent included) as being forced. The reasoning behind it was because of bad grades, not because the hamster was crippled or suffering. Read a little more thoroughly :3

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
The only good hamster is a dead one!!!!

You think this kid just minds really well? If so, then this kid is the #.

Mom: Son take that hammer and kill the hamster!
Son: Yes ma’am!
Hamster: Splat!

[edit on 23-1-2010 by Donkey_Dean]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I could have sworn that at one point in time this was a conspiracy website. Maybe I am mistaken.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
what is this world coming to? making your child kill it's pet because he/she got bad grades? what happened to taking away video games? or just getting grounded? in my opinion, this woman needs some serious help. The child should deffinately be taken away from her. Does she not realize the traumatic effects that this will have on her child?

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
It is emotional abuse. It is drastic terrible cruel emotional abuse.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
So nobody has a problem with the kid actually listening to his mother and killing the pet? I guess most of the people here on ATS are programmable robots or lemmings and just do whatever is asked of them.... So where in this article did it mention the mother having a gun to this kids head telling him he was gonna die if he didn't kill his pet?

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jheated5

If a child is abused enough, depending upon personality, then a child can be easily coerced into doing things. Parents have even got kids involved in crime sprees before. It's not the child's fault.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
So if the kid happened to kill another person because his mother asked him to, who would be the one going to jail? He pulled the trigger but it was his moms fault cause she told him to? Then again if a cult leader can get you to drink some special kool aid, I guess people can get manipulated to do anything....

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
The fact that so many of you seem to not realize that what she's done is egregious emotional abuse makes me hope that you aren't parents.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jheated5

That would depend on several factors, but the most important being, at the time the act was done did he know right from wrong?If the person did know right from wrong, and in this case if it's true the child probably did, you have to look at duress (and the element of coercion must be present.)

Also, you fail to forget we're talking about a child here. People who are kidnapped often develop what is known as Stockholm Syndrome, so you can only imagine what type of bond he formed with his mother.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain
reply to post by YourPopRock

I would have taken the initiative if I had a way to eradicate entire human species. As long as I live I still have hope of finding that way and in the mean time I can perhaps repay those torturers the same way.

Instead of killing (murdering) all of us, why not take the time to help humans respect their environment? The Indians (North America) did not destroy their environment like we do. The problem is not people themselves, but how people behave.

[edit on 24-1-2010 by yayap3]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by jheated5
So if the kid happened to kill another person because his mother asked him to, who would be the one going to jail?

It depends. In my state, children under 8 are not criminally liable. However, someone who causes them to commit a crime would be responsible for that crime. For ex, an adult who teaches a 5 year old to shoplift would be criminally liable for the shoplifting even though the kid wouldn't be.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by jheated5
So nobody has a problem with the kid actually listening to his mother and killing the pet? I guess most of the people here on ATS are programmable robots or lemmings and just do whatever is asked of them.... So where in this article did it mention the mother having a gun to this kids head telling him he was gonna die if he didn't kill his pet?

No i dont have a problem with the kid doing what he was made to do when you live in a abusive house you do what you have to do to survive or else there would be worst punishment which i wont go in to with a person like you because your little brain might not understand
and im no programed robot

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
If you believe that it is not possible for parents to force children to do anything, who would you blame if the mother instead forced her son to perform oral sex on her? After all, if she can't force him to do it, that makes it his fault.

This argument may backfire. There a lot of sick people out there.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
Meanwhile halal butchers kill thousands of sheep by slitting their throat.

But hitting a hamster with a hammer is somehow even more monstrous and evil.

Perhaps if she had eaten the hamster because she was hungry and needed to feed herself and her child, there could be some acceptable purpose for this. Livestock and pets are NOT the same. As it was, it should be considered CRUEL and UNUSUAL punishment you idiot.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I despise animal cruelty as much as the next person but I don't think the mother should be jailed for it.

People first before hamsters.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unregistered
I despise animal cruelty as much as the next person but I don't think the mother should be jailed for it.

People first before hamsters.

So the kid, who by the letter of the law is being abused, does not count as a person?

As was demonstrated in an earlier post by another member, destruction of a child's pets or property can legally count as abuse.

The police were right to arrest her, and this isn't about the hamster.

edit: typo

[edit on 24-1-2010 by suicydking]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean
The only good hamster is a dead one!!!!

You think this kid just minds really well? If so, then this kid is the #.

Mom: Son take that hammer and kill the hamster!
Son: Yes ma’am!
Hamster: Splat!

[edit on 23-1-2010 by Donkey_Dean]

You're a pitiful man.

What on Earth did it accomplish to force her son to hit another living thing that is a fraction of his size with a hammer until it was dead? Seriously, what positive came out of that? Anything? I can't think of a damn thing.

It's a shame if you have kids.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Jesu$atan

Well maybe the hamster was stinking the place up. It is better than just tossing it outside.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
The hamster probly had it coming...JK, this is really Effed up tho. Mommy got what she deserved. Still, I think a fine and a courtdate would have been just fine. As for the kid tho,(shakes head) he's now officially screwd up 4 life, can't say I'd like to be around him when that repressed memory rears it's ugly head...yikes!

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join