It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US sheriff says mom forced son to kill pet hamster

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
...I know a 9 year old girls who hunts deer with her dad. She has even killed one. Is this wrong?

Absolutely not.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
That's terrible,but at least it wasn't a gerbil

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I'm just going to jump to conclusions like everyone else:

The kid probably bashed 5 hamsters already and mom wouldn't buy him another one to bash so he made up a story to gain sympathy. Humungous failure!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I'm completely astounded by the lack of comprehension by many of the people posting here.

First of all, this isn't really about the hamster. All these allegories about rats, deer, cats, insects & sheep is completely irrelevant. This is about the child and his rights to not suffer from mental trauma and abuse.

Second, for all the people saying that we have no right to judge the mother, well, most of us are not judging her. We are simply stating that the police were right to arrest her. The police are not the court system, they are the ones that bring you to the court system. The courts will decide if the kid's story is true, not us here on this website, and not the police.

Thanks to those of you who are staying on topic and actually understanding what the issue is here.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by crusaderiam

reply to post by Ahabstar

reply to post by LaMadameDuval

Originally posted by crusaderiam

You sound like you work for the NWO, you call people a virus? God made us in his own image and gave us dominion over the animals.
The lady has every right to discipline her child how she see's fit, having him kill a hampster is a bit cruel I agree, but putting her in jail is absolute BS and a violation of her rights. Who does the government think they are? What kind of communist crap is this?

Originally posted by Jessicamsa
Are you not a human??Are you saying you think of yourself as a virus??
Or is that only OTHER humans??

If you would like to talk about it you are free to discuss it on my thread = Why Human Species Have Become A Virus

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

You cannot compare all of humanity to the select few. If you think people should be eradicated………..well there are places that you can go to for help. I am serious when I say this, this sort of talk at the very least makes you sound very dangerous to either yourself or those around you. The thought that others with the same line of thinking might be walking around is disturbing as well. By making such statements on an already watched site you are placing yourself in other dangers as well.

Facts are people hunt and kill for food. Not all are narcissistic psychopaths. Yes people have and will continue to do terrible things to this planets and every living thing on it. That does not call for the eradication of the human race.

This woman IF the story is true has issues. But we do not know for fact if the story is true or not yet. Only time will tell.

Raist

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damian-007

Originally posted by Kailassa
Part of the training for Hitler Youth was to raise a puppy, and then kill it on command.

It's an effective way to teach a child to become a cold-blooded killer.

I want you to prove your Story. I do not believe it for one minute.
Please prove to me that his story is true. I have never heard of Hitler or his cronies doing this.

I appreciate you questioning this.

In my teens I hungrily devoured every book our library had on WWII, the death camps, and Israel, and many of them were by Jewish writers. I've learned since that some of the things I'd read in them, for example, Germans rendering Jews down for soap, were not true, but I'd never though to question the puppy killing story.

You are right to be sceptical, I can't find a solid source for it anywhere, just casual references from people who probably know no more than I do.

I found this, attributing the practice to a particular SS training school, but no source is given:

The SS were noted for the fact that they were incredibly loyal -- almost obsessive -- to the Nazi cause. Many were indoctrinated from the Hitler Youth, and were taught from childhood that Germany's needs took precedence over all, including themselves. To give an example; one SS Junkerschule (training school) even went so far as to give each of their cadets a puppy upon entering. The students were instructed to give the dog the highest of attention -- sometimes to the point of overlooking their own needs. Needless to say, most cadets became deeply attached to their animal. On graduation day (two years later), each cadet was then summoned into the commandant's office, handed a dagger, and ordered to kill the dog. Those who refused were expelled. Very few ever refused...

HistoryBuff

I also found this, giving a good example of how a story can become a meme to use as propaganda against any despised group:

To: yonif; All
A very wonderful Christian lady by the name of Billye Brimm (Billye Brimm Ministries), who speaks and reads Hebrew, and travels extensively to Israel, told a story once about how the Palestinians (PA) train their children from a very young age. She got this information directly from parents of PA children.

Every summer, they have camps for boys and girls. They are about 7-8 years old. In the boys'camps, they teach them a special chant. While the boys say their chant, they are required to do something unthinkable - they are required to strangle a live puppy dog. While that act alone is sickening enough, the boys are required to say these words, "this is the dog the Jew, and this is what I can do to the dog the Jew", while the boys strangle the little puppy.

Over in the girls camps, the same procedure is being done to them. However, the girls get to take a hatchet and cut off the head of a small snake. Their chant goes like this, "this is the snake the Jew, and this is what I can do to the snake the Jew", while the girls are whacking off the head of the snake.

In the purist form of brain washing or mind control, these children are required to attend these camps every year. As you can imagine, by the time they are teenagers, they are fully indoctrinated in the "hate the Jews" thinking.

As long as this type of indoctrination is being done to the children - there will never be Peace in Israel.
20 posted on Tuesday, 5 August 2003 11:27:26 AM by CyberAnt ( America - "The Greatest Nation on the Face of the Earth")

I guess there are people who will naively swallow this nonsense, because they've already been trained to hate the Palestinians, just as I naively believed stories about German soldiers because of the harm family members had suffered at their hands.

So it seems to be one more example of how easy it is to unquestioningly assume a factoid learnt as a child must be true.

- Another benefit of forums, there's always someone to question everything.

So this boy's disgusting mother doesn't even have a historical precedent to base her actions on.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX
The woman obviously needs a little help and assistance, probably the boy as well.

A little help???

Wow...talk about gross understatements...

The woman needs to be locked up and kept away from others before she spreads her callousness to others. She has no empathy for others. She is a dangerous sociopath.

The boy may be in therapy for the rest of his life.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by insanelogic
Hmm...
My dad (who I love more than anything) used to beat us as kids. He broke yardsticks over our backs, hit us with his fists or whatever he had at hand and at 12 years old if he gave me or my brothers a hammer and tried to get us to kill any of our pets out of malice none of us would have done it. We'd have happily accepted our beating, maybe if for nothing else as getting satisfaction for denying him.

I'm not sure I'm buying this, or people have become weaker than I thought

This is an interesting point. Either way, that boy has some extreme abuse inflicted upon him to get him to this point. He might never be able to fit in with society. That mother needs to be kept locked up somewhere. The amount of brainwashing and mental torture from birth until now that the woman inflicted on him must be tremendous for him to be so obedient to her to do this.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReelView
Well some illuminati families torture their children starting with something like this. Like George Bush, they become political leaders. The idea that the state has such rights to interfere as the "protector" of the child is wrong. As unpleasant as her behavior is, she's been kidnapped by the mob. There's no real law broken. This is the kind of leverage issue that leads people down the path of rationalizing the "government" as magic protector. The result is a population that believes government kidnapping and such criminal behavior by the government "must be fore a good reason".

So you figure it's never okay to take a child from abusive parents???

I suppose it's okay with you if children are beaten all their lives then huh?

I am opposed to intrusion beyond common sense, but if someone's life or health is in danger then someone needs to step in and do something about it.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

... A correlation has now been established between animal abuse, family violence, and other forms of community violence.[3] A growing body of research indicates that people who commit acts of cruelty towards animals rarely stop there. [4] Murderers and people who abuse their spouse or children had frequently harmed animals in the past.[5] People who abuse animals may also be dangerous to people.[6]

Child and animal protection professionals are aware of this connection, and recognize that both child and animal abuse are linked in a self-perpetuating cycle of violence.[7] One reason for this is that individuals who witness abuse or other violence become desensitized to it. Research shows that the more often someone is exposed to a certain situation, the more comfortable that person becomes with it.[8] Criminal psychologists acknowledge that participating in or viewing acts of repeated cruelty towards animals desensitizes both the perpetrator and the spectator.[9] John Locke once wrote of children that “…tormenting and killing…beasts, will, by degrees, harden their minds even towards men; and they who delight in the suffering and destruction of inferior creatures, will not be apt to be very compassionate or benign to those of their own kind.”[10] Animal cruelty destroys respect for life,[11] and children who witness animal abuse are at a greater risk of becoming abusers themselves.[12] ...

Read more at article.

THE LINK: CRUELTY TO ANIMALS AND VIOLENCE TOWARDS PEOPLE
Cynthia Hodges, M.A., J.D.
www.animallaw.info...

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

Yes, I agree.

Scary thing is that there are lots of others on her thread who agree with her.

And some people in power have this attitude as well.

I guess it should be an eye opener to those who don't believe such people exist.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
The teacher was right to report the incident and it should be investigated. Appropriate action should be taken based on the results of the investigation.

Right now we don't know if the kid made up a lie, or if this really happened and it's just the tip of the abusive iceberg and the child needs to be given a new home, or somewhere in-between like the mom needs a week in jail and some counseling. She'll have her day in court and that's where the decisions will be made based on the evidence.

Originally posted by December_Rain
Such kind of person shouldn't be allowed a day in court but sent to a hungry tiger/ bear so the nature can teach her how it is to kill someone who cannot defend themselves.

Somehow that wouldn't seem very fair if it turns out the child made up the story. If your child made up a story like that would you like to be fed to tigers without being able to defend yourself in court if you never told your child to kill the hamster? I don't know how you can say you don't deserve your day in court, you can't be serious!

I don't know if the child made up the story or not but I know that sometimes, some kids DO make up stories and that's why we need to determine the truth before taking action against someone on the basis of a false accusation.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solar.Absolution
WOAH! That is insane!! What was going through her mind when she dreamed up that punishment.

S&F for the crazy find!

That's gotta be one of the most imaginative type of punishment ever. Altough very wrong, you gotta give her credit for originality. If the kid's grades don't improve after that then he's gonna have to kill hte dog....

Sarcasm apart, that woman is sick in the head. Reminds me of Freddy Kruger in the first movie where he takes pleasure killing a hamster.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by anotherdad
reply to post by ZombieJesus

Yes your suggestion is cleary the next appropriate level of excelation

My daughter sat at the dinner table for 2 hours last night before she finished what food she took. Should i call the police to see if thats OK? Maybe i should go to jail!

The mom acted like an absolute idiot, The police IMO should have no involvement though.

Actually I am still somewhat traumatised from a childhood of being forced to eat and sit for hours at the dinner table being treated like some criminal for not eating.....completely destroyed my self worth, totally degrading...

The human body KNOWS when it is hungry, how much to eat, and WHAT to eat....unfortunatly for me and people like your daughter, it can lose this ability, by being force fed, and then have struggles with weight your whole life after....

I don't think you should be in jail too, but I think you should smarten up as a parent and save your egotistical power struggles with your child for somewhere besides the dinner table.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mellisamouse

I can not imagine what this woman was thinking. My children were raised with pets...dogs, cats, hamsters, gerbils, rats, turtles.... not all at the same time of course... my point is... they loved and nurtured these critters.... it would have never entered my mind to force them to kill one of their pets as punishment... thats just wrong! My daughter will still get torn up over the death of her dog that she had for years ... and he died of old age, but his death scarred her..... imagine if she had been forced to kill him because she made a bad grade..........

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by anotherdad
How could anyone support tax dollars being spent on this?

Whatever happened to "Sorry man that sucks"?

That lack of empathy forces me to wish you we're one of those buried in the Haiti earthquake.

You simply don't understand how the mind of a child works, it's unfortunate the word "dad" is your username... i hope you aren't one.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greenize
reply to post by mellisamouse

I can not imagine what this woman was thinking. My children were raised with pets...dogs, cats, hamsters, gerbils, rats, turtles.... not all at the same time of course... my point is... they loved and nurtured these critters.... it would have never entered my mind to force them to kill one of their pets as punishment... thats just wrong! My daughter will still get torn up over the death of her dog that she had for years ... and he died of old age, but his death scarred her..... imagine if she had been forced to kill him because she made a bad grade..........

I know! I feel exactly the same way!

I even think it would be cruel to destry a toy or belonging.... take it away for a few days mabey, but even wrecking personal items of others is abusive in my opinion.

I LOVE animals, I would be very traumatised.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

maybe the child is having learning problems due to a stressfull home up bringing

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by trueblue
reply to post by Mdv2

maybe the child is having learning problems due to a stressfull home up bringing

BINGO!!!!!

I think you nailed it for sure there! OF COURSE it would.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join