It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US sheriff says mom forced son to kill pet hamster

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Hmm...
My dad (who I love more than anything) used to beat us as kids. He broke yardsticks over our backs, hit us with his fists or whatever he had at hand and at 12 years old if he gave me or my brothers a hammer and tried to get us to kill any of our pets out of malice none of us would have done it. We'd have happily accepted our beating, maybe if for nothing else as getting satisfaction for denying him.

I'm not sure I'm buying this, or people have become weaker than I thought

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa
Part of the training for Hitler Youth was to raise a puppy, and then kill it on command.

It's an effective way to teach a child to become a cold-blooded killer.

I want you to prove your Story. I do not believe it for one minute.
Please prove to me that his story is true. I have never heard of Hitler or his cronies doing this.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

What concerns me most is that 20 years from now, we are gonna have a grown man walking around thinking it's okay to kill an innocent living being as a form of punishment for somebody else.

And i am afraid that this kind of parenting is not an isolated incident. What fun are we creating for future??

I swear, with the rate our moral is decaying one would almost want to belief in fairy tales about a supreme being ending this with a mild shower of fire and brimstone.....

Oh well, one can dream.

Peace

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by anotherdad
reply to post by niteboy82

Don't get me wrong please, the mother made horrible (to say the least) decision. But the alternatives would be....
1. Waste tax payer money over a dead rat.
2. have tptb tell us how to parent.
3. make people get a liscense to have children.

Thats my point and to back up my previous quote "that sucks" end of story IMO

But it's not about "a dead rat". It's about a boy who is going to have this hideous scar on his psyche for the rest of his life. What kind of parent would intentionally wound their kid that deeply? She deserves whatever she gets and then some.
Also, a license to have kids might not be a bad idea. I know people would lose their minds over it and the ACLU would go hog stank crazy, but some people just have no business raising children.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Everyone of us humans likes to pretend we're some highly moral high and mighty individual.

If it'd been a fly instead of a hamster no one in this thread would be complaining. Why? Because flies are pests. And since some animals annoy us or are tasty no one bats an eye when they are slaughtered. I guess when you get in the mammals we keep as pets section it becomes out of bounds, I just wish that distinction was on paper. All I'm saying is it's weird we have carte blanch to exterminate mosquito but other animals its too cruel though then again I suppose the nervous system of an insect might not even feel pain, that makes it just fine to kill them

I guess my overall point is that we as humans are a violent bunch to our own species and to other species and that this sort of thing should come as no surprise to people. I agree she should be punished though, merely for damage done to the poor kid... she must have really been at the end of her list of disciplinary ideas to stoop that low...

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
whats goin on?People are getting more sick.. this is just disgusting.I really have lost my faith in humanity,this is insane.
I feel real sorry for this kid because it wont be easy to forget such a horrible,HORRIBLE event.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I'm just glad the kid told his teacher about it. Much respect to him! I've heard of this happening before though back in the early 80s.

It involved a puppy, and the parents didn't think the child had enough responsibility to care for the animal and was forced to suffocate it by his father. If I remember correctly the child was reassured that the animal had no soul so it was ok.

Back then animal cruelty laws were not as they are today. I think the father got off clean.

It's just a shame, a sad shame things like this go on.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Well some illuminati families torture their children starting with something like this. Like George Bush, they become political leaders. The idea that the state has such rights to interfere as the "protector" of the child is wrong. As unpleasant as her behavior is, she's been kidnapped by the mob. There's no real law broken. This is the kind of leverage issue that leads people down the path of rationalizing the "government" as magic protector. The result is a population that believes government kidnapping and such criminal behavior by the government "must be fore a good reason".

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Oh come off it. Why are you all up in arms about this? The ads tell us its good to kill things we do not like, like flies, insects, spiders and etc... Flyspray, rat poison, etc.

" hammers pet rat." How does that sound?
" puts rat poison on ground, kills 5 rats!" Oh thats better.

P.S I know its a hamster but its a rodent really, and the fact is, that its wrong to bash a tiny rodent... However for some reason the moral line dissapears entirely when its a 'pest'.

You know I do not like mosquitoes and do smack them to death, however I will cup up and take out spiders, most ground based insects instead of resorting to the foul smelling insect spray, designed to kill small insects and obviously affect respiratory on larger things.

So honestly if the title was "Hamster pests in house, beat to death with hammer" it would be alright I take it.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by anotherdad

You disgust me..

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

Sure, better than becoming the next Fred West.

Abusing a child by making them kill their pets, is grounds for a mental evaluation of the parent, I don't care what anyone says.

"You didn't do your homework, go kill rover you little bastard..." - No way..

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Not the best way to make a point by the mom, for sure. Violence should not be "taught" to our children as a punishment for doing wrong. I cring at the thought that the school is becomming the instrument the state is using to invade families lives and snatch children from the home, however. The child protective services are notorious for having a high percentage of child molesters employed. Thus the state could be more dangerous for the child's welfare than is the parents.

Also, isn't it interesting that some will go ape over the beating to death of a rodent (hamster) and yet make no "value judgement" regarding the legal dismemberment of a child about to be born. Kill the yet to be born kid, because it is a "legal abortion", but for God's sake, don't kill that helpless rodent. Truely, unbelievable logic!

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
So far this is hearsay in my opinion.

1) the kid told a story to his teacher.

2) the teacher called the cops

3) the woman was arrested

We don't even know if the kid was telling the truth. Kids will say just about anything and will tell all sorts of lies to prevent any consequences from happening. They are usually blind to deduction and reason which is what will get them their consequences eventually anyway.

We do know that you can arrested on an accusation without any evidence or questioning of the accuser at all. That's the real failing of the justice system if you ask me, it's the enforcement without thinking that ruins lives more than any dead hamster.

If the story plays out as written, then yes, it's strange and cruel.

I got a feeling that this is not how things are though. We are too quick to cast negative judgment based only on sound bytes or an article, that's a failing on the part of people who wish to actually deny ignorance.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Damian-007

Originally posted by Kailassa
Part of the training for Hitler Youth was to raise a puppy, and then kill it on command.

It's an effective way to teach a child to become a cold-blooded killer.

I want you to prove your Story. I do not believe it for one minute.
Please prove to me that his story is true. I have never heard of Hitler or his cronies doing this.

Actually this had nothing to do with children, but there is a truth in this.

When a man sought entry into the SS this was indeed part of the training if they were to be executioners of any sort, which most SS were.

But the new SS recruits would raise a dog from a puppy and then when it was fully grown and they had completed their bond of man and dog, the SS member would be ordered to kill the dog.

If he complied, he was in because he has displayed the ultimate in cruelty and lack of conscience and could therefor be counted on to kill people who were not combatants and the command wouldn't have to worry about dissent or anything like that.

Its a form of mind control and the Nazis really knew how to do that through exercises like this.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Wow I am not sure exactly where to begin on this.

First we have a story where things are taking place just as they should be the mother was charged and arrested. She will have a court date and we will find out if the child lied or not. If the boy is right then I believe the mother might have some serious mental issues and should be without kids’ period.

Second we have people saying how bad she is when we do not know for sure if she is truly guilty. But when the story is slightly different they are claiming we need to find out if one party is guilty or not.

Third we have posters talking about how evil the human race is (which for the most part is true) but that is should be eradicated (which should not happen). This goes on in some sort of odd misdirected circular debate in which another poster is said to be trying to derail the thread when they are simply working at understanding the ravings of the first poster. Mean while it seems others are a bit confused by the ravings as well. Seriously who calls for the death of the human race over a hamster? Not saying hamsters are not a living creature and that if true this story is incredibly cruel and sickening, but to call for the eradication of the human race? It is no wonder posters are a bit confused by such rants and ask the questions they do.

Now if this story is true as the boy describes the woman should certainly spend time in jail for abuse. Emotional and psychological abuse for sure and there should be investigation if there were any other form of abuse. If it is not true I suggest the boy get a little bit of scared straight teaching sent his way. It is one thing to joke about some things but to knowingly make a false claim is another.

Raist

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Think about what she did to him before he was twelve. Crushing his bike or grounding him for 3 months...
Parents are not even capable of not traumatizing their kids. That's one fun fact, we are creating crazy people at an alarming rate

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Interesting assumptions all over this thread.

Who is to say that the mother was not the victim of a similar episode in her life? Wild abuses such as this one tend to have some history behind it.

Is it possible that the mother said that the son would have to get rid of his pet hamster, and the boy killed it rather than to see another fate such as starvation after being set free or a friend to take his pet? Many underdeveloped minds take the route if I can't have it then no one will. Dead girlfriends, wives, children have this as an all too common story.

We see this as a psychological abuse of a child, yet we have no problem saying it sucks if when a school levy fails the school eliminates sports, band, art, theater, etc. Quite a number of children really love their arts. How many teen suicides are associated with failure or removal from such activities?

The child being forced to sit at the table to finish a meal...if the food in question had mayo in it or on it, I would have had to sit for a long, long time because mayo makes me vomit. It is an allergic reaction, yet I eat eggs and oils, even eggs fried in oil.

We all accept cats as a protected animal. As a child, my grandfather would drown stray cats and even used me to capture them (cats love me). The reason being is that when too many stray cats congregate in a small area a disease (that we always called a blight) will kill them in a very painfully suffering way. He always returned to the oil drum and buried them later that evening.

Just this year, hunting permits were given to a limited few to hunt deer in the city limits of Oxford, Ohio. Too large of a population have found sanctuary in town and several can be seen roaming the streets during pre-dawn hours and during broad daylight when Miami University is on break and the student are out of town.

Sometimes killing of animals is good stewardship of the land so that their is less competition for resources. Of course the killing of a pet hamster is not stewardship, but it is a point that needed to be made before we condemn all humans to the "final solution" just because an animal has died.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain
reply to post by Mdv2

It makes me hate human more and more with each passing day. Nature did a crime creating a virus called humans and is now paying for it.

[edit on 22-1-2010 by December_Rain]

You sound like you work for the NWO, you call people a virus? God made us in his own image and gave us dominion over the animals.
The lady has every right to discipline her child how she see's fit, having him kill a hampster is a bit cruel I agree, but putting her in jail is absolute BS and a violation of her rights. Who does the government think they are? What kind of communist crap is this?

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Here in Georgia we say the same thing to express extreme pleasure as we do to express extreme disappointment. The phrase is "god#$mn son!"

In this case I am using it in the latter sense.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
....a hamster is like the "Bic" lighter of pets....isn't it?

not that this excuses her actions.....just that its.....well....a hamster.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join