It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus in the Crosshairs

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Remember when George Bush was putting biblical quotes on the covers of his war briefings or whatever they were? It caused a stir about religion in politics. Its a way of justifying their cause so they can sleep at night. I often wander why they can't defend diplomacy with the same fervor that they do with military might? God would want more effort there before he would condone the bombing of villages.

[edit on 22-1-2010 by sparrowstail]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I saw this on TV the other day and it left me confused as well... My suspicion is that its purpose is the not-so-subtle form of brainwashing that wiser3 mentioned. Trying to calm and comfort our soldiers as they blow out the brains of other human beings.

However, knowing that the maker is a "believer" makes me wonder if it isn't simply his form of proselytizing. "Hey, soldier, feeling low after killing those children? Read this scripture when you get back to the barracks."

I don't know, but it seems to be very inconsistent with the message of Jesus.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I saw this on TV the other day and it left me confused as well... My suspicion is that its purpose is the not-so-subtle form of brainwashing that wiser3 mentioned. Trying to calm and comfort our soldiers as they blow out the brains of other human beings.

I think it's sick to even try to calm and comfort such a thing at any level
but then I go along with the OP that war it self is sick.
I believe it's days are numbered though, I truly do.

Great topic took off like a bat of hell.

[edit on 22-1-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

I don't know, but it seems to be very inconsistent with the message of Jesus.

He could well be a 'believer' claims to the masses that he is follower of the faith, doesnt mean that he is or that he is following the right path.

Were the Crusaders wrong for following the road to the Holy Land in the name of violence? Yes

Are those like Army of God that kill at abortion centers in the name of God wrong? Yes

Were the warring factions that thought in Northern Ireland wrong to fight in the name of God wrong? Yes

There are countless examples of these but due to nature of the masses, they are there tools for their leaders to do there bidding as long they can do it with the most perverted of justification.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Felt a bit ungenerous after replying to the Vatican-contraceptive' issue

So ... ran a search. This came up fairly quickly:

In 1967, the value of Vatican shares (Italian stock market) was worth one hundred four million pounds. Few believe this economical figure to be accurate, but much higher (Yallop pg. 156.)

In 1978, the Vatican had over one billion dollars to play with (Yallop, pg. 25.)

It has also been reported that the Vatican has shares in pharmaceuticals, arms, gold reserves and even contraceptives pills (Yallop, pg. 146; 191; Pontiff, pg. 202.)

For those not familiar with his books, Yallop is something of a recognised authority on matters concerning the Vatican. There are undoubtedly many other sources online which could provide more lengthy information on the topic. I just grabbed the above because it contained the keywords Vatican and Contraceptives

The link for the above:
www.excatholicsforchrist.com...

Here's the requested 'proof' (if BBC news is considered reliable )

Catholic bank owned pill shares

news.bbc.co.uk...

and

Secrecy breeds suspicion, and the Vatican's investments have caused serious questions over the years. In the mid-1960s, the IOR was discovered to have invested in firearms dubious concerns for a church. Examples: an Italian firearms factory and a Canadian pharmaceutical company that manufactured contraceptives

www.time.com...

[edit on 22-1-2010 by Dock9]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Archangel

In 1967, the value of Vatican shares (Italian stock market) was worth one hundred four million pounds. Few believe this economical figure to be accurate, but much higher (Yallop pg. 156.)

See Arch well read. You need to recognise partner.

I am so confused your only evidence is an ad hominem. Good job.

I like when people go for this word evidence as opposed to proof.
Evidence is used in court.
Be clear on what proof you are looking for? Proof that you are confused?

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

I think they put it on there thinking it would provide some protection for our troops. lol. Little do they know it rains on the just, as well as the unjust.

Good thread. S&F

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by sparrowstail
Remember when George Bush was

Remember when George Bush said "god told me to go to war" and all the xtians jumped up with their bibles praising him and joined the services in record numbers?

[edit on 22-1-2010 by watcher73]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Interesting that the bible reference would be on a scope as opposed to the rifle itself. Probably because the scope lets you see close up the face and into the eyes of the guy you are about to snipe. It kind of makes sense when you think of it, the scope gets you awfully close to your kill, maybe so close as to cause cold trigger fingers/feet

I am not in any way supporting it but, but just saying it's a good or bad (how you see it) little piece of disinfo.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by sparrowstail
Interesting that the bible reference would be on a scope as opposed to the rifle itself. Probably because the scope lets you see close up the face and into the eyes of the guy you are about to snipe. It kind of makes sense when you think of it, the scope gets you awfully close to your kill, maybe so close as to cause cold trigger fingers/feet

I am not in any way supporting it but, but just saying it's a good or bad (how you see it) little piece of disinfo.

Lots of trijicon "scopes" dont even magnify. They are basically fancy red dots. Crosshairs at the most. For a long time the ones that did magnify only did so at 1-3x. Now they are getting fancier and more magnification. Probably since making all that money off the war.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

Thank you for the links and post my friend. My point for proof was that ATS has a number of people that stoke the fires off controversy with posts but fail to add references. The adding of these references from reputable sources means that threads dont stack up with to-ing frow-ing posts between 'warring' contributers. Thanks again.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
This thread reminds me of the supposed actions of Jack Parsons and men of his ilk. Where the tools of war are brought into play under the guise of being there for the greater good when in fact are there as soul-sapping instuments of evil. There is always an element of the un-holy whenever the holy is partnered with weapons and acts of wars.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by watcher73

I am not confused. You seem to be delirious, however

Well where is your evidence.

Arch

This thread reminds me of the supposed actions of Jack Parsons and men of his ilk. Where the tools of war are brought into play under the guise of being there for the greater good when in fact are there as soul-sapping instuments of evil. There is always an element of the un-holy whenever the holy is partnered with weapons and acts of wars.

Reminds me of the "Dogs of War".

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Oh I said what I meant. Here in this country the religion is xtianity. Or are you oblivious to the obvious?

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Archangel

You're more than welcome

I understand what you mean and it's a very valid point

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by watcher73

edit: and just to be clear, you didnt just edit it, you completely changed it

It's just that I can see, by how sure you are, and how wrong you are,
at the same time, that an intelligent dialogue is hopeless. You seem to try to sound intelligent with sweeping statements made by only fools, so give
it up. You 're not fooling anyone.

In fact let me put it this way. Xtians( as you write it out of laziness ) are tools of war. Is just a really stupid azz thing to say.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Can we keep thread 'on-topic' and not let them decend into childish name calling. This is a good topic and should be a victim to those that dont have the discipline to stick to the issue at hand. Thank you.

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join