It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus in the Crosshairs

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Well, it's similar in a way to the Vatican refusing to allow its flock to use contraceptives, whist at the same time having shares in contraceptive products

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

I think the thread "U.S. Marine: I killed innocent civilians" refers to what you are saying. We do what we have to do but we don't HAVE to feel good about it.

link   

Originally posted by masqua

[imo]
It's a hoily war.
[/imo]

Pretending it's about religion is just 'convenient'.

Well you're right there but i don't think that's the only reason.
"We" need a strategic position within the middle east, complete with military bases so that we can continue our illegal invasions and steal all the resources "we" can.

And by WE i obviously mean Oil companies and other companies making money from said invasions.

I honestly do think in addition to this that, at least in the eyes of some of the leaders, that this is an "Us Vs Them" religious war.
It's been waged for so long and there has always been an underlying hatred, mutual I'm sure, for each other.

I don't think it's convenient to say that, it think it's historically proven.
I don't think It's necessarily the main objective but there are some who will be extremely pleased that the war is between said religions.

link   

Originally posted by wiser3
reply to post by masqua

Could it be a form of not so "subliminal" messaging or conditioning?

That is exactly what it is. It is a subtle variation of 'Black Flag' tactics where by it unifies a potentialy apathetic military in the name of God and only fans the flames in the Muslim world when it come to their fears that the 'war on terror' is nothing more than a modern day crusade. Many troops are now disillusioned and war weary and this type of tactic shouldnt be used to spur them on.

Many of the idiotic fringe of the Private Security contracters are seen around Iraq et al, wearing t-shirts emblazoned with Knights Templar motifs or pictures, all to proud of their ignorance and lack of education on the subject matter, not knowing what they and the companies that they are working for are doing on such a larger scale in world geo-politics. This is the thin end of the wedge.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9
reply to post by randyvs

Well, it's similar in a way to the Vatican refusing to allow its flock to use contraceptives, whist at the same time having shares in contraceptive products

Do you have proof of this?

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
isn't there a prayer that a marine sniper says to keep his aim true? It may not be a universal thing, but I have seen it in movies. Praying for a good kill is much like killing in the name of God. Hypocrisy at a never before seen level.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

I'm neither decrying nor defending the practice of inscribing Biblical passages on armaments, simply speculating in line with the thread topic

For example, the supermarket where I shop plays frequent 'messages' telling shoppers that the management provides superior service, prices and products

I don't happen to agree with management's claims

Basically, despite being annoyed by their brainwashing, I tune it out

It doesn't make me well-inclined towards the management, but have no option other than to regard it as an occupational hazard or shop elsewhere

Guess the soldier could always file off the Biblical references if it bothered them to that degree. Or, they might reach the point where they no longer notice it

For others, the Biblical reference might have the effect of turning their life around

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Archangel

Afraid I'm not here to provide 'proof'

but I'm sure if you're concerned to the extent you run some searches, you'll find information about it

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

Great observation. Man you must read a lot. Pulling things off the top like you are. Hate to to get in a debate with you.
The way things are with the Vat now days I really wouldn't doubt it.

[edit on 22-1-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Archangel
It is this form of corrupted Christian theology

No. All xtianity is corrupted.

that allows the non-believers to throw around the statement that 'religions are the root of all evil in the world'. True Christianity does not hold with this type of action and is heretical in the same way that the Crusades were.

True xtians are the same ones who voted for the war and who are mostly over there fighting it.

My final thought is: Do NOT use Christian faith as a tool in war!!! It is heresy and wrong.

Xtians are tools for war.

again I have to ask, since not one person has been able to show me one in this thread or in any of the others, show me one xtian that isnt a hypocrite.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9
...have no option other than to regard it as an occupational hazard or shop elsewhere

Yes.

From the article in the OP:

Gunsights with Biblical references inscribed on them are being used by Canadian special forces in Afghanistan, but the military plans to get rid of them as soon as possible*.

*My underline

Another added cost to our (Canadian) efforts in Iraq and Afghanistan. Just what we needed.

(not)

sp

[edit on 22/1/10 by masqua]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Why would they want to associate Jesus with murdering and blowing peoples brains out? They are either confused or Satanic.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I for one am glad I bought meprolights instead of trijicons for my glock years ago (even though I am pretty sure trijicons makes the glowing glass vial inserts)

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   

reply to post by watcher73

Here we go. You are obviously a very confused person. Or you just need your glock cleaned so to speak.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Jihad and Fatwa are also tools of war. It's the same old same old, imo.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Jihad and Fatwa are also tools of war. It's the same old same old, imo.

Possibly he meant to say religion is a tool of war? On that I would concede.
How many abstract (for lack of a better word) tools of war can a person
name? Night, religion, the sun. so on.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I'm getting old, Randy

and before 'the interwebs', books were all we had

Some great and innovative thinkers though, back in the 70's for instance, particularly with regard to current popular topics on ATS, e.g.,: the paranormal, origins of humankind, seeding of the Earth by inter-dimensional entities, UFOs, etc

You should see those books now
the paper must have been shocking quality because now its a yellowy-tan colour, despite being mostly kept in covered bookshelves. But the contents are as contemporary as tomorrow's ATS topics. I could post excerpts and if people didn't know the origin, they'd believe it was 'new and exciting theory'

Interestingly, most of the writers of that era possessed academic qualifications. They broke with the establishment to put the information out there. Lot of older people tottering around today who look as if they know nothing, but 30, 40 years ago, they were debating all the issues we discuss now, in ATS ... and then some

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   

1. War: wrong, just or holy?

Put simply, there are three possible views of war that a religion might adopt.

The pacifist view: all violence and killing is wrong.

Belief in 'a Just War': some wars, at least, are right because they are perceived to be in the interests of justice - and should therefore be fought according to just rules.

Belief in 'Holy War': the God of a religion is perceived to ask, or command, its followers to make war on those who do not believe in that religion and who pose a threat to those who do.

www.ppu.org.uk...

In my opinion, the scripture in the crosshairs falls within the decription of holy war and that the main thrust in Afghanistan/Iraq/wherever is against Islam, not maniacal terrorists or 'rigorists'.

It supports the 'soldiers of Christ' ideal.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by watcher73

Originally posted by The_Archangel
It is this form of corrupted Christian theology

No. All xtianity is corrupted.

that allows the non-believers to throw around the statement that 'religions are the root of all evil in the world'. True Christianity does not hold with this type of action and is heretical in the same way that the Crusades were.

True xtians are the same ones who voted for the war and who are mostly over there fighting it.

My final thought is: Do NOT use Christian faith as a tool in war!!! It is heresy and wrong.

again I have to ask, since not one person has been able to show me one in this thread or in any of the others, show me one xtian that isnt a hypocrite.

Your blinkered views on the faith and its practitioners show you in a naive and uneducated light. You are commiting the crime of blaneting a whole swathe of people in prejudicial point of view. No doubt you are of the ilk that believes all Muslims are suicide bombers in the making and that all Jews are running the world.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
For those who haven't read this or similar, re: the Biblical references:

The company was founded by devout Christian Glyn Bindon, and its website carries pledges to live up to the "Biblical standards" that it says made America great.

A spokesman for the firm said that the scriptural references "have always been there" on the sights and insisted they did not flout any laws. US military officials said they were not aware of the markings on the Advanced Combat Optical Guides.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join