It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nebra Sky Disk--- Depicts Nibiru?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cole DeSteele
re: quote: There is another arc perfectly fomed inside of the sun, like an eclipse. Corrosion? Or did someone defile the piece of art- either to hide the fact of Nibiru or in disgust of the aftermath of its arrival?

Corrosion. Sorry, but sometimes a beat-up artifact really IS just beat-up.

Also ugly. You couldn't sell that thing to a trailor park hooker.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by xynephadyn
reply to post by TarzanBeta

Yes the "fallen" have and do try to get to me often- but I KNOW THE DIFFERENCE and I am not a TOOL for the devil, is that what your religion teaches you???

You are a tool for Satan for as long as you accept any spiritual contact through your meddling as anything that is good.

My God is Truth. If you were seeking the truth and you wanted to share the truth, then why would you not then just talk with Christ? What is it that you think your spirits are telling you that God does not know? I can tell you this -- they are telling you lies.

If you are so offended by knowing that you are serving your father, Satan, then you should stop and serve the Lord, Christ.

If this hoax of a disc is convincing you of anything, then those spirits have you pretty deep.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by FeralMonkeyMagic

Well, as it stands I have a little less than 90 minutes before I have to go to work, but tonight I will go into my folder on my laptop and pull out all my sources for you.

I would just like to say right now that your hostility towards my posts is unwarranted. I was legitimately interested in what you had to say, but since you have decided not to provide any sources for your opinion, I have to say its is pretty easy to see through your faulty debunking logic. Please provide the name of this 'Anthropologist' you cite, and please provide links to his works in your next post, because as it stands the base of your argument is losing ground quickly due to your inability to back up the claims you are making. I will gladly retract this paragraph if you choose to do so.

I also don't understand how you have come to the conclusion that I believe in the 2012 doom theory. I really didn't make any kind of assumptions like that at all in either of my first posts, yet you direct your post to me as if I'm trying to preach to you how they predicted the end of the world. I would recommend you practice discernment when reading someone's writings, and not to allow your ego to overtake your rational thought and implant its own preconceived notions.

I have time to fairly quickly refute a point you made though.

John Major Jenkins has spent decades deciphering the Mayan 'language' and helping the people of the region by building schools, etc. He has discovered that the Maya symbolized the Great Cross as to be the Sacred Tree of Life. The Great Cross is referring to the time period starting in 1998 and ending in 2012 when there is an alignment of the Earth/Sun/Center. From this Sacred Tree of Life sprouts a serpent rope which carries Quetzalcoatl on it. You can take from that what you want, including your reasoning for what the Maya were trying to explain, but you can find this information in Jenkins' book Maya Cosmogenesis 2012. I will be able to quote from the book when I have time to search for the excerpt tonight.

If you are one of those people who only accept information from people who have received a slip of paper from a school, I would recommend the works of Carl John Calleman, Ph.D. His and Ian Xel Lungold's work on the subject actually create the basis for my beliefs on this subject.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

Right on. Like I said, I am not interested in arguing the existence or your beliefs. I was curious about what you believed in. Thx for the input.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Tgautier13

John Major Jenkins seems a complete ass. His works are conjecture.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I think it's quite harsh to judge others from you own beliefs or static point of view. One cannot say that an experience someone else has / had is from Satan out of the blue.

Walk a mile in my shoes and you will experience a different world. To even reconsider that means that you have to be able to accept change. Change of view for example.

Everything is CHANGE!! Every single second the whole Universe (and other Universes) IS CHANGE! Because of movement by frequency and vibration. Nothing stays the same, everything shifts a bit by every piece of a second.

With a comment like this you only show polarization instead of unity. God is Unity and COMPASSION! Give others the freedom to believe what they want / like without telling them your opinion or God is better. Whole countries have been at war about that and some still are.

If YOU are from 'God' than you should know better then to seek argument on issue like this.

I wish for your Soul to be englightend! Namaste!

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tgautier13
reply to post by FeralMonkeyMagic

Well, as it stands I have a little less than 90 minutes before I have to go to work, but tonight I will go into my folder on my laptop and pull out all my sources for you.

I would just like to say right now that your hostility towards my posts is unwarranted. I was legitimately interested in what you had to say, but since you have decided not to provide any sources for your opinion, I have to say its is pretty easy to see through your faulty debunking logic. Please provide the name of this 'Anthropologist' you cite, and please provide links to his works in your next post, because as it stands the base of your argument is losing ground quickly due to your inability to back up the claims you are making. I will gladly retract this paragraph if you choose to do so.

I also don't understand how you have come to the conclusion that I believe in the 2012 doom theory. I really didn't make any kind of assumptions like that at all in either of my first posts, yet you direct your post to me as if I'm trying to preach to you how they predicted the end of the world. I would recommend you practice discernment when reading someone's writings, and not to allow your ego to overtake your rational thought and implant its own preconceived notions.

I have time to fairly quickly refute a point you made though.

John Major Jenkins has spent decades deciphering the Mayan 'language' and helping the people of the region by building schools, etc. He has discovered that the Maya symbolized the Great Cross as to be the Sacred Tree of Life. The Great Cross is referring to the time period starting in 1998 and ending in 2012 when there is an alignment of the Earth/Sun/Center. From this Sacred Tree of Life sprouts a serpent rope which carries Quetzalcoatl on it. You can take from that what you want, including your reasoning for what the Maya were trying to explain, but you can find this information in Jenkins' book Maya Cosmogenesis 2012. I will be able to quote from the book when I have time to search for the excerpt tonight.

If you are one of those people who only accept information from people who have received a slip of paper from a school, I would recommend the works of Carl John Calleman, Ph.D. His and Ian Xel Lungold's work on the subject actually create the basis for my beliefs on this subject.

No offense, but i don't keep detailed recoreds of things that do not require it. For example this Maya interpretation. There are too many individuals perceptions of these prophetic writings and too many people spouting that they have this and that.

There is no agression in my post - im just tired of hearing this, your posts were interpreted as blunt and leaning towards the more fanficul ideas surrounding Mayan prophecy, if you had not heard these common conceptions, then perhaps you are reading the wrong books - that's my interpretation (assumption, perhaps) based on what you wrote in response to the things i have read and/or spoken to people with a sense of knowledge in the area.

I have a friend with whom i discuss matters with such as this and they have studied Ancient Civilisations whilst attaining their Degree in Anthropology and also a secondary degree in Archaeology. I might add that here in Perth WA, finding a decent unicversity that offers such courses is difficult. Not to mention attaining the ability to then put the practical aspects of his archaeology into practice means he has to go elsewhere.

Having said that, he has not published works on the Maya, nor any - however he has learned about their culture and their civilisation through porfessors and experts in that field, people who have had a more hands on take in deciphering their texts than he ever would - i think a Wise source of information is some one who can read and decipher their language whilst knowing their cultural trates to be better understand where they might have been coming from.

Yes, to be honest, i will take a person who has a degree in their rexpective field's advice, over some one who has a book on it. That is what our entire intellectual community is based on .. a "piece of paper" as you so put it. That piece of paper shows that they are not weekend warrior internet scholars - it shows they have a true dedication to an idea and a true dedication to finding out what is the truth. These people spend years of their lives learning the ways in whcih to decipher and understand the more esoteric side of things, that you or i never truly will - not unless we decided to do what they did and dedicate years to hardcore research and fact finding, which would be assessed by their peers to see wether or not they are suited to be working in such a field.

When you say Earth/Sun/Centre - what are you reffering to as the "centre" .. the Centre of our universe? or the centre of our solar system? our galaxy? I'm afraid you will have to be more specific.

To quickly refute your point on an alignment, there is no difference to the alignment we will experience on 2012 than what we would throughout any year previous. There is no galactic allignment, just the equinox. Nothing too amazing there. So in short, no planets will line up and create any different scenarios which could affect earth in any way. If you download a land based astronomy viewer you can go through these times yourself.

Call me a sucker for a "piece of paper" but id rather listen to people who know what they're tlaking about and regurgitate that, than spend my time speaking about stuff that has no scientific or tangible backing. Sorry - but that's how i am.

I don't need to give you any references, you should be willing to do the research off your own back. It will most likely take a few hours at least, but the more reputable research you find, the more you will come to the same understanding i have, not to mention my more than educated friend has.

Oh and on your john Jenkins... alignment2012.com... - That is his website, and his opinion on ascenscion and galactic allignment. He refutes any doomsday ideas, but calls 2012 a nexus time in the universe... Don't forget you can buy his DVD's and CD's off that website, im not sure if his books are on there but you can tell me. By the way, he is an independant researcher - he has no qualifications.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Carl Calleman has a degree in "Physical Biology" ... not ancient cultures..

So how he is making these "educated" guesses as to what the Mayans are or were saying, to me is incredibly fascinating. Why even? *money* COUGH *MONEY*

I won't even bother looking up your other reference, as this one has proved to be akin to Sitchin - Even he had a degree, but it was in a form of Ecenomics... but he is making assesments of tablets that are EXTREMELY esoteric in nature, not to mention outside his field of expertise.

Please, when giving a reference to some one with a peice of paper - make sure the piece of paper is RELEVANT to the field that they are attmpting to explain.

If i was an an accountant i wouldn't be making judgments on ancient cutlures writings. Though i would commend the sumerians and Mayans for the strong mathmatic ability.

As for my beliefs on all of this "losing ground" and to you, being unsubstantiated.. it seems your references, have not got a leg to stand on when it comes to assessing Mayan civilisation or any civilisation for that matter. They couldn't even make an assessment of Mac Donalds Cutlure...

[edit on 21-1-2010 by FeralMonkeyMagic]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Melyanna Tengwesta

I think it's quite harsh to judge others from you own beliefs or static point of view. One cannot say that an experience someone else has / had is from Satan out of the blue.

Play with fire and you get burned.

Walk a mile in my shoes and you will experience a different world. To even reconsider that means that you have to be able to accept change. Change of view for example.

I was you. Then I grew up. No, it isn't easy having little control over life. It isn't easy not being able to make things magically work the way you want them to. But IT IS REALITY. The sooner you recognize that you do not have control, the sooner you will gain a semblence of it.

Everything is CHANGE!! Every single second the whole Universe (and other Universes) IS CHANGE! Because of movement by frequency and vibration. Nothing stays the same, everything shifts a bit by every piece of a second.

By your very own definition, everything is consistent because change is consistently taking place. If everything really was only change, then there could be no consistency. If there were no consistency, then there could be no consistent change. Therefore, it can never be said, by our own laws, that everything is change. It is a paradox.

With a comment like this you only show polarization instead of unity. God is Unity and COMPASSION! Give others the freedom to believe what they want / like without telling them your opinion or God is better. Whole countries have been at war about that and some still are.

In case you hadn't noticed, God is good. God unites all good things. God does not delight in the selfishness and evils of men. Practicing magic is the art of attempting to obtain control over circumstances and the inanimate in order to make convenient life for one's self or to interfere with the life of another. In what way does practicing magic or any kind of exercise apart from worshipping our Creator allow ANY kind of UNITY or COMPASSION? The reason whole countries are at war over religion is because governments are good for manipulating religions into their own money machines!

If YOU are from 'God' than you should know better then to seek argument on issue like this.

So because I am "from God", I have a less of a right to participate in discussions or to argue my points here on ATS than you do? Your jedi-mind tricks won't work on me!

I wish for your Soul to be englightend! Namaste!

Your magic is in vain! As well, if you had it, you should have used up what you had on yourself.

You have the ability at any time to be completely forgiven and answer the Lord's call. I think you should do it.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Play with fire and you get burned.

Play with fire and you get burned??? Do I smell your own tail burning?

I was you. Then I grew up. No, it isn't easy having little control over life. It isn't easy not being able to make things magically work the way you want them to. But IT IS REALITY. The sooner you recognize that you do not have control, the sooner you will gain a semblence of it.

TY for that advice
I think in age I could be your mum but part of me just refuses to grow up. That’s part of MY Magic

Having no control ?? Tell me something NEW please! The true Magic lies in acceptance of Life as it is.

By your very own definition, everything is consistent because change is consistently taking place. If everything really was only change, then there could be no consistency. If there were no consistency, then there could be no consistent change. Therefore, it can never be said, by our own laws, that everything is change. It is a paradox.

It’s no paradox
The ‘secret’ is that change simply is consistent in itself.

In case you hadn't noticed, God is good. God unites all good things. God does not delight in the selfishness and evils of men. Practicing magic is the art of attempting to obtain control over circumstances and the inanimate in order to make convenient life for one's self or to interfere with the life of another. In what way does practicing magic or any kind of exercise apart from worshipping our Creator allow ANY kind of UNITY or COMPASSION? The reason whole countries are at war over religion is because governments are good for manipulating religions into their own money machines!

Never said I practice Magic
But I advice people to SEE the Magic in Everything.

God unites all good things you say? God IS the Unity of ALL that is Good : )

So because I am "from God", I have a less of a right to participate in discussions or to argue my points here on ATS than you do? Your jedi-mind tricks won't work on me!

Sorry? Did I disrespect your opinion because you say that you are from God? I would never discriminate another human being for what ever their beliefs are!

From my point of view EVERYBODY is welcome on ATS! I’m not an enemy of your crusade. I’ve had my own encounters with the Divine (God) and was greatly blessed by what I was given and what was shown to me.

Jedi-mind? I think I take that as a compliment
If I had a Buddhist teacher he would be proud of me.

Your magic is in vain! As well, if you had it, you should have used up what you had on yourself.
You have the ability at any time to be completely forgiven and answer the Lord's call. I think you should do it.

MY Magic? The Magic comes from the Divine Light the Creator of ALL or as you wish from “God”.

He has already forgiven me, many times in my life

But to get back on topic ……. What does God have to do with the Nebra Solar Disk?

[edit on 1/22/2010 by Melyanna Tengwesta]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Here is for further enlightenment on the subject no. 2 of 5 videos :

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
My first link did not open correctly, therefore here again :

www.youtube.com...

Or search for "The secret of the star disc", video

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
It is an interesting piece, most destinctly as to what symbolism you draw from it. However to make a bold statement as to saying it represents the massive planet/sun/gold plated death star nibiru, is basically like saying that the reason the entity in Van Gogh's 'Scream' is, well screaming, is because the red sky represents nibiru approaching? (I do not actually believe this, however wouldn't be suprised if it has been discussed in circles at length) You can speculate as long as you want to and construct any fantasies you want, but soon what it actually represented will be lost in myth and fairytale.

Reviewing it from this perspective it might be something used as a marker/location plate, maybe commerative for a settlement. But that's not my final answer.

[edit on 30-1-2010 by relap0]

[edit on 30-1-2010 by relap0]

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join